PDA

View Full Version : Workmans Dunleary

Roo69
10/01/2005, 1:07 PM
Just reading a match report in the herald and it seems as thou they have signed Micky Lawless and Graham Lawlor. Ex-Bray player Glen Brien is also playing for them.

Anyone know if they are just playing in the off season or have they signed up to them ?

Stevo Da Gull
10/01/2005, 2:22 PM
Dunno what the story is there but Mick Lawless has been in our U-21's for ages now and has never brocken through, you would expect that either they would give him a chance or sell him (or at least loan him like they are perhaps doin now), surely the guy wont be content to play second string football forever.

Graham Lawlor- I doubt we willl ever see him play for Bray again, Devo seems to have him as the final choice striker/forward behind the rest.

YoungHoop
10/01/2005, 3:04 PM
in regards to the 3 players mentioned may I throw in my moneys worth -

Glen bryne - ponce who is good at the lsl standard never good enough for loi although he'll tell you different.

Graham Lawler - believe it or not his best position is defo centre half, seen him play there a few years ago and he is a lej cnt half been plauged with injury's and not getting any younger he will be lsl striker for ever unless he gets a run at the back and then you might see devo sniffing again !!

Mickey - now this is a weird one! can i just say before anything, he is a great fookin great player but for some reason has just not done it since he came back from blackburn which seems a comomn trend in bray. Would love to see him play out the season with the workers and then get a loan loi deal for him or for devo to give him a cpl of mins in a few of the 1st games. He is up to the standered just will need more chance to prove it ( only player who can take eddies place in my opion)

and by the way nearly got the shock of my life when i was reading the report myself..... " ian o'reily for leister 66 mins" heres me thinking that workers have only gone and got john leister aswell but to my delight it was some other leister..... thank god

Seagull
10/01/2005, 5:12 PM
Saw Lawlor at centre half with the u-21's (!) last season and he looked far better there than he ever did up front...

BobtheDrog
10/01/2005, 9:25 PM
wudnt knock john lester he had a good season for us last year was suprised he was released

KR's Post
11/01/2005, 8:30 AM
wudnt knock john lester he had a good season for us last year was suprised he was released
True he is a good player... BUT a bit of a trouble maker i hear.... ;)

YoungHoop
11/01/2005, 9:34 AM
mmmm I was not knocking him, what I was saying was that he is a great player and I hate workers so if they got him they would be a far better side
that's why I was saying thank go d they didn't.

John is a super player but the roumer has it that he is not going back to loi as no one will take him.
He is a nice lad not a trouble maker just a bit mixed up with where he wants to be so would you if you left to play the dream of a pro footballer and then told to beat it!! I really hope rovers offer him a pro contract as he would be great in our team, in my opinion he is one of the best players in the 1st division last season always has time on the ball and would kick his onw mother to get the ball!!
Don't be labelling him with the trouble maker tag lads its not fair!Other people read these posts and will get the wrong impression of him! he likes a drink and a flutter no probs with that, all he needs is some one like roddy to take him by the hand and bring him to the top AGAIN!

shankilwanderer
12/01/2005, 8:07 AM
Graham Lawlor, Micky lawless and Glen Brien are all signed up as Workmen players.