PDA

View Full Version : FAI 'Priority' Tickets

backstothewall
09/03/2016, 10:47 AM
Has anyone heard anything about from the FAI about the tickets they supposedly have for France?

Tried the ticket exchange today but no Ireland tickets there :(

DeLorean
09/03/2016, 11:29 AM
I emailed them earlier and they told me we'll hear back in 1-2 weeks.

The portal will probably be a waste of time until it settles down, going to be mad busy today. It's still only around three querters loaded for me after trying to log in at 11am. I heard you can set up an alert for when your team's tickets become available, did you see anything about this? I really hope that's not true as I think the best chance would be to keep checking and hopefully get lucky, instead of a big race when everybody gets a notification.

Bungle
09/03/2016, 12:02 PM
I emailed them earlier and they told me we'll hear back in 1-2 weeks.

The portal will probably be a waste of time until it settles down, going to be mad busy today. It's still only around three querters loaded for me after trying to log in at 11am. I heard you can set up an alert for when your team's tickets become available, did you see anything about this? I really hope that's not true as I think the best chance would be to keep checking and hopefully get lucky, instead of a big race when everybody gets a notification.

True, sheer doggedness and desire to waste your life away on the portal is a hallmark of the more dedicated supporter rather than the handy alert which is going to suit the more casual fan!!

I have been consistently on 75-80% for the past 20 minutes. Some exciting games seem to have strong availability such as France-Switzerland and I wouldn't mind seeing the North - Ukraine game if it was a category 3/4 ticket I could get.

Bungle
09/03/2016, 12:05 PM
I'm 13 minutes from entering the portal...

DeLorean
09/03/2016, 12:08 PM
True, sheer doggedness and desire to waste your life away on the portal is a hallmark of the more dedicated supporter rather than the handy alert which is going to suit the more casual fan!!

Exactly. Well that, and I just happen to have a job that lends itself to regular checking :)

On a positive note, I've just seen tickets flash up for the Sweden & Italy games. They were gone by the time I clicked in but at least they showed up!

DeLorean
09/03/2016, 12:09 PM
I'm 13 minutes from entering the portal...

I have 4 minutes to get out ;)

Fixer82
09/03/2016, 12:11 PM
Anyone else having problems logging in? UEFA say they have no record of my e-mail/password etc. even though they were emailing me last month telling me about my application and I have an email containing my login details

DeLorean
09/03/2016, 12:17 PM
No, but I know I had trouble with that before on the UEFA site. I can't even remember my password, thank God for Google Chrome and risky online practice.

backstothewall
09/03/2016, 12:34 PM
My cousin just got 4 tickets for the Sweden game from the portal. I think he got very lucky but once things settle down it might be useful

Stuttgart88
09/03/2016, 2:06 PM
I picked up an extra Sweden ticket easy enough. 3 categories available. Still €110 tickets available for Italy. Nothing for Brlgium. I need 2.

DeLorean
09/03/2016, 2:25 PM
That sounds very promising.

Fixer82
09/03/2016, 2:37 PM
I need 1 for Belgium but they seem to be the most difficult to get

backstothewall
09/03/2016, 2:57 PM
Had my 10 minutes in the portal there after waiting for 2 hours. A few Ireland tix appeared but had gone again by the time i clicked on the link.

DeLorean
09/03/2016, 3:01 PM
Same here, even Belgium ones appeared briefly. We'll get there.

backstothewall
09/03/2016, 6:09 PM
Evening shift in the queue. Dialled into the computer in work so i have 2 shots this evening. No doubt when my turns comes i'll b up stairs reading the 3 little pigs to the daughter.

backstothewall
10/03/2016, 7:25 AM
EURO 2016 Ticketing Update

The UEFA EURO 2016 Ticket-Resale portal opens today to give all general public ticket holders the possibility to re-sell tickets for matches that they may no longer wish to attend.
9th Mar 2016

-Fans who were successfully allocated tickets following the fan sales phase will not be able to resell their tickets.
-But fans across the world will have another opportunity to obtain tickets for matches for which their application was unsuccessful during the December / January participating National Association fan application window.
-All tickets made available on the Ticket Resale Platform will be offered on a first come first served basis with Mastercard and Visa credit cards being the only accepted payment methods. Please note, debit cards will not be accepted.
-The availability of tickets may frequently change based on which tickets will be made available for resale. Fans are therefore advised to visit www.EURO2016.com/tickets in order to check what tickets are on offer.
-UEFA will ensure that tickets allocated in March 2016 will be shipped to the fans by end of May 2016.
-The basic business rules applied in all UEFA EURO 2016 sales phases so far will continue to be applied in this phase.
-Fans may only hold up to 4 tickets per match and may not hold tickets for two or more matches happening on the same day.
-Fans will be able to purchase tickets for as many matches as they want as long as the above conditions are met.
-The ticket resale platform will be open until 31 March 2016 18:00 CET.
-In relation to the FAI ‘appeals process’ – the deadline for supporters to register their unsuccessful emails from UEFA was Wednesday 24th February at midnight.
-The ticket office are currently reviewing all the requests received and expect to get back to all supporters within the next 2 weeks.

DeLorean
10/03/2016, 8:38 AM
-In relation to the FAI ‘appeals process’ – the deadline for supporters to register their unsuccessful emails from UEFA was Wednesday 24th February at midnight.
-The ticket office are currently reviewing all the requests received and expect to get back to all supporters within the next 2 weeks.

The FAI are really dogging it with the length of time that's taking. Over a month to decide the most deserving applicants! That should have really been sorted before the UEFA Portal opened so everybody knows where they stand.

jbyrne
10/03/2016, 9:38 AM
The FAI are really dogging it with the length of time that's taking. Over a month to decide the most deserving applicants! That should have really been sorted before the UEFA Portal opened so everybody knows where they stand.

to be fair to the FAI I think that UEFA said that they would continue to allocate tickets themselves up until the end of February. The FAIs process could therefore only start on the 1st March when they knew who didn't actually get UEFA direct tickets

backstothewall
10/03/2016, 9:49 AM
I assume the FAI tickets will be like the Feb allocation and won't be able to be traded on the portal. People are going to end up with 2 sets, while others are going to get nothing.

It would have been better if any Ireland tickets sold on the portal weren't relisted but went to the FAI (split the other associations involved obviously)

The FAI actually seem to be doing their best for once. It is UEFA causing the chaos as far as i can tell.

DeLorean
10/03/2016, 9:51 AM
to be fair to the FAI I think that UEFA said that they would continue to allocate tickets themselves up until the end of February. The FAIs process could therefore only start on the 1st March when they knew who didn't actually get UEFA direct tickets

They could have surely started the process once the deadline for applications passed, put them in some kind of order in terms of who's the most deserving. If some got sorted in the meantime they could still have just crossed them off the list or whatever?

jbyrne
10/03/2016, 10:11 AM
They could have surely started the process once the deadline for applications passed, put them in some kind of order in terms of who's the most deserving. If some got sorted in the meantime they could still have just crossed them off the list or whatever?

there were 230,000 unsuccessful applications for Irish tickets. If even half those subsequently emailed the FAI that's a lot of work for a small ticket office to wade through. I would blame those who made multiple multiple applications

DeLorean
10/03/2016, 10:35 AM
I'd be shocked if the volume of emails were even remotely close to 115,000 but fair enough if so.

backstothewall
10/03/2016, 11:01 AM
If they actually wade into them maybe, but they will be using computers I'd imagine. It shouldn't take long. If you didn't enter an FAI account number on you initial application to UEFA I'd imagine you're going straight in the bin. That should get the numbers well down very quickly.

paul_oshea
10/03/2016, 12:41 PM

I have been consistently on 75-80% for the past 20 minutes. Some exciting games seem to have strong availability such as France-Switzerland and I wouldn't mind seeing the North - Ukraine game if it was a category 3/4 ticket I could get.

The dedicated supporter already got them :P

I wonder how many are on resale? It's good that those who got sorted aren't allowed to apply for more. I think the next priority should be those who go to home games, the most amount of games and that should be for the FAI one and also the general portal(a lot harder manage though and obviously costs money so UEFA wouldnt do that)

backstothewall
10/03/2016, 2:18 PM
It'll be the hallmark of the unemployed if my boss finds out how much time I'm spending on there...

DeLorean
10/03/2016, 3:10 PM
If you didn't enter an FAI account number on you initial application to UEFA I'd imagine you're going straight in the bin.

I'd imagine nearly everybody (if not all) who had an FAI number received tickets though? I presume the emails to the FAI would generally be from supporters who don't have an FAI number but have gone to a lot of games. That's what I'm hoping anyway!

backstothewall
10/03/2016, 3:22 PM
It's definitely not all. I entered mine and missed out.

DeLorean
10/03/2016, 4:08 PM
Balls.

jbyrne
10/03/2016, 4:53 PM
id say all season ticket holders will be sorted for Italy and Sweden. id say most will be sorted for Belgium

OwlsFan
11/03/2016, 8:54 AM
Please God.

punkrocket
11/03/2016, 9:15 AM
My refreshing finger is knackered

punkrocket
11/03/2016, 10:00 AM
That's 2 sessions now here no Ireland tickets appeared at all. This is going to be a long haul.

backstothewall
11/03/2016, 10:34 AM
I've spent the bulk of 2 days in there now and got nothing

I suspect my connection speed isn't helping me.

paul_oshea
11/03/2016, 10:48 AM
I'd be shocked if the volume of emails were even remotely close to 115,000 but fair enough if so.

They could set up filter rules on their emails, tell everyone to write in with their FAI Account Number in thesubjectline, all emails get filtered into a folder and then they discount all the other emails. They're are a lot of simple/straightforward ways of filtering out all this stuff.

punkrocket
11/03/2016, 11:01 AM
At least when a ticket shows up for a fleeting moment there's a brief bit of excitement (before the sold out sign sobers you up).
There seem to be plenty of tickets for the North's games coming up, for all the gurning.

DeLorean
11/03/2016, 11:09 AM
They could set up filter rules on their emails, tell everyone to write in with their FAI Account Number in thesubjectline, all emails get filtered into a folder and then they discount all the other emails. They're are a lot of simple/straightforward ways of filtering out all this stuff.

Yeah, this is what they said to me when I explained that I didn't have an FAI number but have got my tickets through other sources.

If you wish to be added to the waiting list can you please forward on a copy of your unsuccessful email from UEFA. In addition can you please forward any additional information that will help us to identify your match ticket history either through the FAI or Ticketmaster.

Please confirm the number of tickets and for which games you are seeking tickets for.

Kind regards,

FAI Ticket Office

I just sent scanned every ticket stub I managed to save and sent it on to them.

punkrocket
11/03/2016, 11:24 AM
I remember the electric picnic doing a deal a few years ago through which you had to prove that you'd attended the festival for, I think it was 3 years.
Part of my evidence was a photo of me beaming drunkenly at the top the big wheel. They accepted it fine.

DeLorean
12/03/2016, 10:59 AM
Belgium tickets haven't made any appearance since Day 1, on my watch anyway. The Sweden ones are just taunting me at this stage.

punkrocket
15/03/2016, 10:42 AM
Ireland tickets are scarcer now than they were at the start.
This darn doggedness is wearing me out.

backstothewall
17/03/2016, 10:19 PM
I planned to spend the bank holiday on there but I've been getting down for maintenance messages all day. Has everybody else been getting the same?