PDA

View Full Version : New Season

dublinwanderer
03/03/2016, 8:12 PM
So new season is upon us. What should we expect?

Same as last year, optimism followed by disbelief?

Signed some great players, would have like to keep a few that left - McGuinness, Barker, Kelly, Sullivan so will be interesting to see how the newbies compare!

I know McGuinness would have been back up to Cherry but always great to have 2 top keepers...

Barker replaced by Harding - dont know much about him...

Kelly and Sullivan replaced by Brennan, Byrne, Salmon etc...

Add in Creevy, Moore, Connolly, Creevy and a few new strikers who hopefully will bang in the goals...

Looks positive on paper, heres hoping for a top 4/5 finish and a good cup run!!!

Lets hope the off the field stuff is sorted and there is enough €€€ in the bank to pay for all this!

One concern I do have is that they havent invested in the ground, place looks like a kip! Hopefully the pitch is better!

bennocelt
03/03/2016, 8:42 PM
Heading to the game this weekend, great that the LOI is back, looking forward to it.reckon Bray will have a good season but this game should be a great pointer.....will be in Bray early..............recommend any good pubs (i have drank in Duffs before, good pub)

KK77
04/03/2016, 11:23 AM
Lets hope everyone gets behind the team and club.

Roo69
04/03/2016, 12:18 PM
Heading to the game this weekend, great that the LOI is back, looking forward to it.reckon Bray will have a good season but this game should be a great pointer.....will be in Bray early..............recommend any good pubs (i have drank in Duffs before, good pub)

Duffs does the best pint of Guinness in Bray so you can't go wrong if that's your tipple, or Hollands down the main street has a great selection of craft beers.

Bray Head
04/03/2016, 12:19 PM

The Hibernia is right beside the ground at the railway tracks. In the main street the Florentine bar is good. Its on the main street near the corner of the Royal Hotal

greywanderer
05/03/2016, 10:47 PM
Absolutely shocking performance tonight, bray looked lost all over the pitch. Brennan and salmon didn't get into the game at all. . Sending off was deserved, stupid carry on. . Dundalk didn't create any chances tonight, we gave them there goals.

KR's Post
06/03/2016, 8:59 AM
To many mistakes. Mick Cooke needs to abandon the 4-5-1. Holy Jaysus it's shocking to watch at times. Just like the cork goal in semi last year McNally done for pace again for kilduff second. Terrible performance. Brennan never got going and Lewis should've been brought on earlier. Sending off ensured bray wouldn't be able to press. Shields brought in to shore up the points for Dundalk. What was with the stewards and Guards allowing the flairs. They weren't even approached to remove most of them.

Weatherman
06/03/2016, 10:47 AM
Bad pitch didn't help either side! From a Bray point of view they allowed O'Donnell too much time on the ball. McDonagh chasing shadows all nite too. Would like to see Connolly get a start in Galway. It's ok to play 1 up top against the bigger teams but Bray should go 2 up top against the smaller teams both home and away!

the 12 th man
06/03/2016, 11:59 AM
Where was Hugh Douglas last night lads?

nigel-harps1954
06/03/2016, 1:56 PM
Any attendance figure lads?

greywanderer
06/03/2016, 3:59 PM
Where was Hugh Douglas last night lads?

For some reason he was on the bench. .

Martinho II
06/03/2016, 8:12 PM
To many mistakes. Mick Cooke needs to abandon the 4-5-1. Holy Jaysus it's shocking to watch at times. Just like the cork goal in semi last year McNally done for pace again for kilduff second. Terrible performance. Brennan never got going and Lewis should've been brought on earlier. Sending off ensured bray wouldn't be able to press. Shields brought in to shore up the points for Dundalk. What was with the stewards and Guards allowing the flairs. They weren't even approached to remove most of them.

its mad with us and Dundalk we got heavily fined for lettin off flares in the FAI Cup semis.. wheres the justice in this?

the 12 th man
07/03/2016, 8:52 AM
For some reason he was on the bench. .

Last years player of the year,young player of the year and not injured and on the bench and doesn't get on against the strongest team in the league????

the 12 th man
07/03/2016, 9:05 AM
Any attendance figure lads?

Attendance: 1,702.

A Wanderer
07/03/2016, 6:51 PM
Early days and i promised myself id give it four or five games but early signs are warning signs especially in midfield where Ryan Brennan is on his own and no place for Douglas who if on the pitch two of those goals wouldnt have been conceded and thats not criticizing Sean Harding, Hughie must start on Friday somewhere , along with Connolly, but it was Dundalk, a settled side, and a new Bray team

greywanderer
19/03/2016, 9:42 AM
Longford .. Any thing less than a win tonight and Cooke needs to go.