PDA

View Full Version : Dream Team

wexford boy
09/01/2005, 4:27 PM
Since You Have All Those Players To Choose From What Will Be Your 1st Eleven

Slash/ED
09/01/2005, 4:45 PM
It's near impossible to say, espically in the mid field. I've been thinking about it and I reckon in the lrague we wont have a settled team, there will be an awful lot of rotation. In europe I think Fenlon will opt for something sort of similar but a bit different to last year system wise. I think the back five will be Williams in goal, Heary and Rogers full back and Hawkins and Harris centre half. The mid field is hard to call.

Stuey Byrne picks himself in the holding position. Outstanding there last season and essential to the team to have someone like him, he can protect the back four but also has ability going forward if he gets into position. Beside him I think it'll be Ndo, he's big, strong and athletic which is essential in a mid fielder in Europe, he can be a bit like Shels Vieria if you like. He can run with the ball and is the best passer we have but also phyiscally will not be outdone by anyone and has the workrate needed, central mid field is his position really.

I think Fenlon will play four rather than five in mid field this year and so will try to keep it narrow enough so we can contain teams, so I think Ollie Cahill and Bobby Ryan wont start. I think he'll go with Moore on the left and Hoolahan on the right. Both can play wide or centrally so we can play narrow if we need to or go wide, Wes has a better right foot than given credit for. Bobby Ryan and/or Ollie Cahill will come on if we need to stretch teams late on, it'll be something we'll use like bringing Fitzpatrick on last year I think.

Up front it'll be Crowe playing as the out and out front man, the goal scorer, whereas Jason Byrne will use his mid field experience and play a little deeper. He's a great supplier of goals too and can create chances, I think he'll basically do something similar to what Alan Moore did in Europe last year.

Just my guess mind you, I think in the league we will rotate alot but if everyones available that'll be the team we play in Europe.

wexford boy
09/01/2005, 5:04 PM
that might cause bit of a problem between the players over the season.i can see couple of them.ie fitzpatrick cahill wanting to leave to play week in week out.i think if yous want to go one step further this year thats the sort of squad that is needed.what about baker?

Slash/ED
09/01/2005, 5:17 PM
I doubt Baker will be much more than cover for us, not with Wes Hoolahan, Joey Ndo, Bobby Ryan and Alan Cawley all able to play on the right if needed.

Squad unrest may be a problem but that's the price you pay for having a big squad which is what we need to make the step up. I think the likes of Cahill and Fitzpatrick will get plenty of football anyway between injuries, rotation and they'll probably be brought off the bench alot in Europe even if they don't start.

The Sheliban
18/01/2005, 5:47 AM
Goalie - Steve Williams
Back Four - Heary, Harris, Rogers, Crawley - providing the Scouser is back to his European form.
Midfield - Stuey Byrne and Alan Moore in the centre, Joey Ndo on the right, Weso on the left,
Upfront - Well, its obvious.

TheJamaicanP.M.
30/01/2005, 11:30 AM
Obviously I dont know as much about Shels as you lads, but I would be more inclined to go for the same team as The Sheliban. The only change Id make is Colin Hawkins instead of Harris. I feel that Harris is more prone to mistakes. Id keep Crawley at left-back. He impressed me in Europe last year.

Ralph
07/02/2005, 8:22 AM
Without doubt Bobby Ryan will eventually make the first eleven, his form towards the end of the season was ridiculous and i predict all fans loving him after a couple of games. I think maybe wes houlihan should be tried in a more central role, against deportivo he showed that he was probably the best footballer at the club, and maybe he just doesn't have the outright pace to play on the wing.

Slash/ED
08/02/2005, 1:29 PM
I agree about Wes, but I think Stuart Byrne and Ndo has to be our central mid field next season. They're ideally suited to playing with each other and will be excellent, to play Wes in there you'd need to play three central mid fielders imo. Which is almost what the team I picked, with him on the right, would do. He wouldn't be confined to the right and would be allowed drift in as much as he likes when we attack which would suit him well.

I think the problem with Ryan is, undoubtabley he will be one of our big players in the EL but in Europe I don't think Fenlon will use him too much espically away from home. He likes having a narrow midfield in Europe and it's worked well for us last season, but we'll wait and see I suppose.

higgins
10/02/2005, 2:41 PM
For someone to say that Baker wont get a look in as we have Cawley who can play on the wing, it just makes me laugh :D

Hawkins is 10 times the player Rogers is and would probably knock Harris out of the team too if he gets back too is best. Fenlon will probably drop Crawley for Rogers as he showed in the last Bohs game but I think our best defense would have Crawley Harris Hawkins and Heary and of course Willo.

In midfield he has to start Ndo in the center as how else do we know what he has to offer ? Ndos best position is there, so none of this right wing crap unless its a Moore Stuey Ndo with Weso between Crowe and Jayo in a 4-3-3. If he sticks to the 4-4-2 option Crawford will miss out and Im sure (and I hope) Ollie is dropped too. Id really like to see Moore on the left for a bit with Stuey and Ndo, its 50/50 with Ryan and Baker. I'd prefer Baker but you have to give Ryan a run to see if he fits in better.

Leaves Weso on the bench for a straight forward Crowe and Byrne up front. I dont agree with Jayo behind Crowe??? Crowe is best with is back to goal so I'd go the other way with these two. Bryne is also one of shels best right wingers (before Ryan and Baker returned) so im thinking the 4-3-3 above with weso playing might work with Jayo going wide sometimes and Moore going left. Id like to see this 4-3-3 for a bit but would feel sorry then for Baker and Ryan who are out and out right wingers.

The bench in the 4-4-2 would have Doherty, Weso, Fitzpatrick, Ryan/Baker and Delaney. leaving ollie, Gary O'neill and Crawford out of the team :eek:

Id say some teams would kill for a bench like that ;)