PDA

View Full Version : can it get any worse

dalo
21/01/2002, 8:09 AM
didn't make it to this one. it was the first bohs-cork home game i have missed in 3 years but god it looked awful.

i think it finally vanquished our faint league hopes. our porus defence got the whipping it finally deserved.

if the team don't watch out they could slip further. my mate at it said the team looked despondent as soon as the first goal went in.

to think that after beating rovers in richmond it has all gone horribly wrong.

Jim Smith
21/01/2002, 8:25 AM
The team just fell apart. It was the worst performance I've seen by any team, anywhere - I managed to miss the Pats debacle last season but I'm told it was on a par with this. Didn't Murphy once claim that no team of his would put in a performance like that?

Éanna
21/01/2002, 1:13 PM
it reminded me exactly of the pats game last season. no board meeting at half time this time round though, was there.

niamh
24/01/2002, 1:40 PM
Was so bad the thoughts of leaving early entered my head for a few seconds...

James
24/01/2002, 1:43 PM
Originally posted by niamh
Was so bad the thoughts of leaving early entered my head for a few seconds...

:confused: Look of disbelief and shock
no in all fairness Niamh you werent the only one

for the first time in years I even considered myself, but i think i was too busy chatting at the time, cause i certainly wasnt watching alot of that chit

niamh
24/01/2002, 1:45 PM
That's about all there could be done in fairness....City didn't even look like they knew which way they were trying to score..

A face
24/01/2002, 3:17 PM
goal .... there were a stream of "fans" leaving, all passing the end of the shed and i went to the barrier to tell them all "they have got it all wrong as the game was still on", i continued to say this to about fifty people, one guy squared up to me aswell, i thought he was going to come into the shed to take it further so i kinda backed off, till i got encouragement for the guys around me "you're dead right bouy" "At least you have the guts to say it" ..... then i went straight in for more, but by and large most of them gave the "thousand yard stare", you know the one ..... there is a bomb going off next to them yet it isn't the slightest bit apparent to them, funny that isn't it. To them i just said "Yoo Hoo, look at your watch".

I got a perverted sense of joy from it, am i a sick and twisted person :D :D

Éanna
24/01/2002, 5:36 PM
Originally posted by A face
I got a perverted sense of joy from it, am i a sick and twisted person :D :D
you heard it here first folks......

patsh
25/01/2002, 7:19 AM
OK, so it's not right to leave before the end of the game. But, it has to be remembered, that a lot of people going to the games are not fully committed fans, but still make the effort to support their local club. It is up to the team to show that they are worth some commitment. The worst thing about last Sunday's performance was the fact that so many players went missing. Any team can play badly, but if they are all trying to make an effort, it lessens the sense of disappointment and frustration. Why should fans stay and make the effort when so many of the team on the park did'nt seem to give a toss? I don't like singling out a player, mainly because my great-grandmother would be a better soccer player than me, but for f**k's sake Noel Hartigan??
I was more out of breath than him, and I was leaning on a barrier for the whole match!! It is absolutely demoralising to see him stroll around the pitch, not trying a leg. That is not the way to attract fans in to the ground or keep them there. NH was not the only one who did'nt care on Sunday, so it's hard to blame some fans for not caring either. And before I get savaged, I DO think everyone should stay to the end of the game.. :(

derm
25/01/2002, 8:24 AM
Can't really muster up any annoyance towards the premature evacuators myself. I stayed 'til the end but at de finish was looking at de stand or de ground or de sky or anything other than de pitch.

It was like being a kid @ a horror flick all over again, all I could handle were quick peeks at the all-too-real horror going on in front of me.

Mutteo
25/01/2002, 9:19 AM
Dear Face,
People have paid money to come and watch a game. They are not prisoners. If they want they can walk in, turn around and walk back out again. But , at same time, congratulations, as I'm sure you've probably scared off half of them from ever returning. So next time you feel like playing god it won't be so difficult for you to shout at 25 people leaving early. That's really good for the club too.

We all pay the same to get in. It's your perogative to do what you want but for chit's sake, leave other people alone!!

PS If you do have to get in other people's faces, why weren't you shouting at the spastics in the shed who love playing 'ball' even when its the City keeper who is trying to get it back so he can take his kick-out.

pete
25/01/2002, 9:40 AM
I don't particularily remember a huge amount of people leaving early but i'll take your words for it.

Probably similar to all the "fair weather" fans at the International game versus Spain a while back.

I don't think i've ever left a city game early.

Remember you supposed to follow your team through good & bad.....

Éanna
25/01/2002, 9:45 AM
I have no respect for peole who leave during a match. They're not real fans, but at least they're putting their money into the club i suppose.

A face
25/01/2002, 9:54 AM
Originally posted by Mutteo
[B]They are not prisoners. If they want they can walk in, turn around and walk back out again.

Oohh you littledrama queen you .....

I'm sure you've probably scared off half of them from ever returning.

I think not ... and so do you my friend, so do you.

So next time you feel like playing god it won't be so difficult for you to shout at 25 people leaving early[QUOTE]

God ..... you can call me sir but this like your comment is OTT
you is actin' like a b itch

[QUOTE]why weren't you shouting at the spastics in the shed who love playing 'ball' even when its the City keeper who is trying to get it back so he can take his kick-out

I have done, always do and more than likely always will .... i think it is retarded especially when we are three nil down. in fact more to the point, mine was the only voice i heard we they started that chit

In short, i lost it for about ten minutes Sunday, i promise it wont happen again ... and Mutteo, my friend ... thanks for your guidance on how to behave on the terrace, in fact i think i speak for everyone here, we all thank you for your role-model performance, your leadership and amazing use of your instincts, Mutteo ....... Thank you for just being you

Mutteo
25/01/2002, 1:02 PM
Your very welcome face.

Sorry for going off a bit. Seems like I lost the plot a wee bit there too. But nothing makes my blood boil like watching an idiot in the ground shout racist stuff, throw things on the pitch or do anything else which is going to drive people away. The fact that you seemed to be boasting about it made me even more ****ed off.

Neil
25/01/2002, 1:39 PM
The only idiot in the ground on Sunday was Mr. Liam Murphy.

If there was antything from Sunday that was going to drive people away it was the inept performance on the pitch. And the resposibility for that lies with Mr. Murphy.

Ruining our club Mr. Murphy....

Last call for the train to Cobh....

Gary
25/01/2002, 2:00 PM
Not quite sure what your problem seems to be. If people want to leave early, so be it. I wanted to leave early, but I didn't. I spent the time screaming Murphy out, what a load of rubbish etc. The players did absolutely nothing last sunday to deserve support. And besides, when you are 0-2 down with 3 mins to go there isn't much worth hanging around for is there? Apart from seeing the score go to 0-3.

OUT!!!!!