PDA

View Full Version : Eamon Zayed

Metrostars
07/01/2005, 4:07 PM
http://www.eleven-a-side.com/premier/irish_soccer_detail.asp?newsid=15427

My Metrostars have offered a trial to Zayed. How good if Zayed? Is he good Eircom League player or is he a higher caliber player? e.g. Richie Baker who was one of the better EL players struggled to make an impact with New England last year.

KR's Post
07/01/2005, 5:31 PM

How good if Zayed?
Yet to prove himself in the premier, but, was a very good goalscorer in the first division. Can be a bit greedy sometimes. I feel he is a better winger than up front, because he has pace and cutting in from the right he can beat players to. Not happy though until he scores, even if his team are winning 6-0. Has scored alot of goals for the seagulls in his time here which have helped us no doubt about it.... His deal with crewe didn't work out though, mainly because he wasn't given a chance..... Would love to see how he could manage in the premier in a full season.... ;)

Metrostars
07/01/2005, 9:29 PM
How many goals did he score last year?

KR's Post
08/01/2005, 8:04 AM
How many goals did he score last year?
19 in all comps i think... :) but he did miss the first seven games.

Éanna
08/01/2005, 1:49 PM
e.g. Richie Baker who was one of the better EL players struggled to make an impact with New England last year.
I don't think richie baker was one of the better eL players- a few years ago he might have been, but I thought he was fairly average his last season here.

Roo69
10/01/2005, 2:57 PM

My Metrostars have offered a trial to Zayed. How good if Zayed? Is he good Eircom League player or is he a higher caliber player? e.g. Richie Baker who was one of the better EL players struggled to make an impact with New England last year.

Thats right. Eamon has been one of the better young players in the eL since he signed for us. His position is striker but as Tarzan1 said i think he is actually a better winger for us. He has a fantastic turn of pace and a goo eye for goal. Bags of tircks and beats players with ease. He he can be a bit greedy with the ball. I would love to see how he gets on in his 1st full season in the premier.

Scored 19 in all comps last season (missed the 1st two months of the season as well) and 22 the season before. I reckon his played about 80 or so games for us ? so not a bad return considering. Could and should have been in the 50's though.

shankilwanderer
12/01/2005, 8:14 AM
Lets see how good Eamon is, he is great in the first division, but lets judge him by his proformances in the Premier next year, to see how good he really is.

Metrostars
06/02/2005, 1:51 PM
Just to give ye guys an update on Zayed with the Metros. From yesterday's NY Daily News (article not online):

Metros will also be joined by Under-21 Irish international forward Eamon Zayed and Hapoel Tel Aviv Central Midfielder Yossi Rosen. 25 years old who is capped for Israel, but here is the best part about Yossi. He already has a green card and he won't take up an S.I. slot.

Youri Djorkaeff French international is still in discussions with Metro.

The season starts April 2. Right now they are in Florida starting preseason camp. They're playing a friendly against Dallas on Wednesday, he will probably get a run out, plus other friendlies against Columbus and DC over the next few weeks before going to Ecuador and Trinidad & Tobago. I'll keep you guys updated if I hear any more news about Zayed.

Roo69
06/02/2005, 7:45 PM
Just to give ye guys an update on Zayed with the Metros. From yesterday's NY Daily News (article not online):

The season starts April 2. Right now they are in Florida starting preseason camp. They're playing a friendly against Dallas on Wednesday, he will probably get a run out, plus other friendlies against Columbus and DC over the next few weeks before going to Ecuador and Trinidad & Tobago. I'll keep you guys updated if I hear any more news about Zayed.

Kind of said the same thing in the Bray people last week. Thanks for the update and keep us posted on how he's getting on........cheers

Metrostars
09/02/2005, 8:06 PM
.......and Zayed scores in the Metros' first preseason game in a 1-1 draw with Dallas:

http://fc.dallas.mlsnet.com/MLS/news/team_news.jsp?ymd=20050209&content_id=22098&vkey=pr_fcd&fext=.jsp&team=fcd

Not a bad start for him.

KR's Post
10/02/2005, 9:12 AM
Goodbye eamonn thanks for your goals........... Fair play to him. Was he only a sub though????

Roo69
10/02/2005, 11:48 AM
.......and Zayed scores in the Metros' first preseason game in a 1-1 draw with Dallas:

http://fc.dallas.mlsnet.com/MLS/news/team_news.jsp?ymd=20050209&content_id=22098&vkey=pr_fcd&fext=.jsp&team=fcd

Not a bad start for him.

Damn it anyway ! leaves us VERY short up front. :mad: No other option but to go out and buy/sign someone if he does go.

Metrostars
10/02/2005, 12:46 PM
remember he is still only on trial, the Metrostars usually look at a ton of players before each season and end up only signing a few. But I'm pulling for him cos he will be the first Irish man to play for them.

Roo69
10/02/2005, 12:53 PM
remember he is still only on trial, the Metrostars usually look at a ton of players before each season and end up only signing a few. But I'm pulling for him cos he will be the first Irish man to play for them.

Read in the paper yesterday that it's between him and Youri Djorkeaeff for the place in the squad !

KR's Post
10/02/2005, 2:21 PM
Read in the paper yesterday that it's between him and Youri Djorkeaeff for the place in the squad !
Jesus what a competition that is... Being up against djorkaeff must be a dream..... :)

Metrostars
10/02/2005, 2:33 PM

Well, I wouldnt go that far. Right now they only have 3 signed forwards and need a couple more. There is a polish guy also on trail so I'd say it's between those two.

Seagull
10/02/2005, 5:22 PM
Jesus what a competition that is... Being up against djorkaeff must be a dream..... :)
Mmmmmmmmmmm, djorkaeff!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D

footballplease
11/02/2005, 9:27 AM
...sure if zayed goes to US, then we could give djorkaeff a run-out!!!!!
:cool:

Superhoops
12/02/2005, 5:31 PM
...sure if zayed goes to US, then we could give djorkaeff a run-out!!!!!
:cool:
There is a bit of a resemblance between them dont you think?
http://foot.ie/attachment.php?attachmentid=65&stc=1
http://foot.ie/attachment.php?attachmentid=66&stc=1

Metrostars
13/02/2005, 11:12 PM
News from Florida...The Metrostars lost 1-0 to Columbus on Friday, Zayed played the first half. Today they beat the US U-20 team 2-1, Zayed again played the first half but didnt score. No idea how he played. No sign of that French fella. But we're lookin at a few other like an Israeli, a Serb,a Welshman (John Robinson formally of Charlton) and a few SAs (South Americans). The team overall is very young, a few good 18-22 year oldish US players who will be with the US national team in a year or two. Keep an eye out for Eddie Gaven, 18 yo, already capped in a US qualifier last year, will probably make the World Cup Squad/team next year (qualification permitting of course), of Irish parentage or grand parentage and I heard Kerr was checking him out until he was capped at senior level.

It's too early to say if Zayed has made the team or not. I guess the telling sign is if he makes to trip to Ecuador next week.

http://www.metrofanatic.com/mf/index.jsp

Metrostars
16/02/2005, 10:40 AM
Zayed played the second half in yesterday's 2-0 loss to DC United. Now the team goes to Ecuador (tomorrow I think). So out of the Metrostars 3 goals in 4 games so far he has scored 1 in 4 halfs of action. If he makes to squad for Ecuador tomorrow, theres a good chance he'll join the Metros. If not, he's back to you guys. 2 trialists have already been cut, but not Zayed.

Roo69
16/02/2005, 11:30 AM
Zayed played the second half in yesterday's 2-0 loss to DC United. Now the team goes to Ecuador (tomorrow I think). So out of the Metrostars 3 goals in 4 games so far he has scored 1 in 4 halfs of action. If he makes to squad for Ecuador tomorrow, theres a good chance he'll join the Metros. If not, he's back to you guys. 2 trialists have already been cut, but not Zayed.

Hmm, i guess well know over the next few days so weather he's made the grade or not. He is still under contract with us so if he does move i presume there will be a fee involved so hopefully it won't be all doom and gloom. Eamon also has his college to think about, He is in his last year so i think only if he gets a very good offer will he move.

Metrostars
16/02/2005, 2:41 PM
Picture of Zayed in action down in Florida (against Columbus):
http://www.bradentonsoccer.com/album03/P2110011

Metrostars
18/02/2005, 1:34 PM
Zayed did not play in yesterday's 1-0 win over San Jose. I guess I got my dates mixed up but it's next Wednesday that the Metrostars head to SA. Also, today they have announced the signing of Djorkaeff, I don't know how this effects Eamon's status.

Metrostars
20/02/2005, 12:12 PM
From what I heard over here, Zayed has not been offered a contract and will not make the trip to South America. Just rumers but thats what I've heard.

Stevo Da Gull
20/02/2005, 1:57 PM
Cheers for keepin us updated, I'd like to see Zayed do well but we really need him for next season- I know he's still got a good way to go before he is the finished article but I cant see Devo buying any1 as good as him before the season if he were to go.
I wonder (if the rumour is true) what it would do to Eamon's confidence, when things did'nt work out at Crewe it did'nt seem to hamper him but he was returning to Div1 then, now he's coming into the Premier :confused:

Roo69
24/02/2005, 10:12 AM
From what I heard over here, Zayed has not been offered a contract and will not make the trip to South America. Just rumers but thats what I've heard.

Bray People said the same, back in Ireland. Hopefully this means he'll be with us for the new season and show what he is really capable of !

Roo69
25/02/2005, 12:43 PM
In todays Herald:

Zayed staying in Bray

U21 cap Eamon Zayed is preparing to start the new season with Bray Wanderers after turning down the chance to play alongside French star Youri Djorkaeff inb the USA.

Zayedspent 2 weeks on trial with MLS club New York Metrostars and made an impression during 4 apperances in there pre-season training camp.

The club were interested in having another look at the Dublin-born forward Zayed, but despite the lure of playing alongside the world cup winner, Zayed has decided to come home and start again with Bray.

"It was a good experience" said Zayed. "I enjoyed the chance to go to Florida and play with them, but i didn't like the style of play over there and i just did'nt fancy it"

Ronan85
25/02/2005, 6:43 PM
I played against Eamon a few times when we were younger. He was always quality. We all expected him to go to England and make a good career. I dont know him well but from what I hear he is big-headed. That might be his problem at Bray. He thinks he is 2 good for the team. I wouldnt like to see him go to America all the same.

Seagull
25/02/2005, 7:13 PM
I played against Eamon a few times when we were younger. He was always quality. We all expected him to go to England and make a good career. I dont know him well but from what I hear he is big-headed. That might be his problem at Bray. He thinks he is 2 good for the team. I wouldnt like to see him go to America all the same.
Oh yeah, he's reeeaalllllyyyy big headed, even scored a couple with that huuuuugggggeeee noggin at the end of last season. And he's staying at Bray even though he really thinks he's too good for them. He must've really ****ed you off when he was running rings round you when yous were under eights. And the supporters all hate him too.... :rolleyes: