PDA

View Full Version : Strikers

Hugh J'Arce
14/06/2001, 10:03 PM
With our overpaid strikers failing to find the net once again, is it not time for Mick McCarthy to look a bit more favourably on including a few National league strikers into his set up? I know that Crowe nearly made it to the bench, but I believe that he would have done a lot better than some of the Prima Donnas who have been touting themselves in the green jersey over the past few years. Robbie Keane doesn't look like he could score in a brothel. Quinner is knackered. So where are the goals going to come from? Let some of our lads have a chance I say.

Neil
15/06/2001, 3:22 AM
But in all honesty, who from our league would you put forward?

Fair enough Glen Crowe... who else?

The Legend
19/06/2001, 9:31 PM
Ever notice how Robbie Keane starts off a season on fire, but ends up knackered and off form by the end of it?

Maybe, he'll be back in form for Holland.

A face
20/06/2001, 12:09 AM
was very poor in the last game, then again everyone was ... barr Roy Keane, i dont have a whole lot of confidence in the team to get to the world cup, and if we dont how long will it be before we get there again.

rebel yell
21/06/2001, 10:36 PM
Am I the only one who is upset by the TOKEN inclusion of Crowe?
He must be the only player called intothe squad whom- like it or not- the manager has no intention of playing.

Neil
21/06/2001, 10:54 PM
He must be the only player called intothe squad whom- like it or not- the manager has no intention of playing.
I disagree rebel yell. Crowe was called up because of the outstanding form he showed this season, Mick judged him to be the 5th best attacking option available to him at the time (ie. behind Keane, Quinn, Doherty and Connolly). And I think that is fair enough. I mean Crowe would not have been in the squad had Dominic Foley been fit, McCarthy also would not have intended playing Foley, but he is their on merit.