PDA

View Full Version : UCD to sign Dupuy?

Pages : [1] 2

pineapple stu
07/01/2005, 12:30 PM
From eleven-a-side (http://www.eleven-a-side.com/ucd/irish_soccer_detail.asp?newsid=15425). Scored 13 goals in 16 games for Galway last season - including one agianst us - and seems to be interested in doing a college degree. Quote from Pete Mahon on it as well, so seems to be reliable. There's Batman/Willie Doyle replaced anyway!

Schumi
07/01/2005, 5:11 PM
Nice. :D He'd be a great signing.

CollegeTillIDie
07/01/2005, 7:47 PM
From eleven-a-side (http://www.eleven-a-side.com/ucd/irish_soccer_detail.asp?newsid=15425). Scored 13 goals in 16 games for Galway last season - including one agianst us - and seems to be interested in doing a college degree. Quote from Pete Mahon on it as well, so seems to be reliable. There's Batman/Willie Doyle replaced anyway!

Quoted on the Galway United thread too :p

shankilwanderer
12/01/2005, 9:00 AM
Not a hope, he is in France training with a local team for the foreseable future

galwaygirl
12/01/2005, 9:49 AM
Not a hope, he is in France training with a local team for the foreseable future

as far as i know he was only going home to France for Christmas and the New Year and should be returning to Ireland shortly

pineapple stu
12/01/2005, 12:45 PM
Full article confirms galwaygirl's post...

Former Galway United striker Damien Dupuy is believed to be on the verge of signing for Premier Division newcomers UCD, with the option of taking up a university course expected to weigh the balance in College’s favour in the race to sign the talented Frenchman.

Dupuy’s stock rose with remarkable rapidity last season, when he scored 13 times in 16 games for Galway after joining the Tribesmen in mid-season.

After returning to France for the holiday season, Dupuy is set to return to the eircom League, with Athlone Town, Waterford United and UCD all said to be interested in his services.

Students boss Pete Mahon told The Irish Sun: “He is interested in going to university so I am hopeful something can be worked out.”

CollegeTillIDie
12/01/2005, 7:18 PM
Full article confirms galwaygirl's post...

Former Galway United striker Damien Dupuy is believed to be on the verge of signing for Premier Division newcomers UCD, with the option of taking up a university course expected to weigh the balance in College’s favour in the race to sign the talented Frenchman.

Dupuy’s stock rose with remarkable rapidity last season, when he scored 13 times in 16 games for Galway after joining the Tribesmen in mid-season.

After returning to France for the holiday season, Dupuy is set to return to the eircom League, with Athlone Town, Waterford United and UCD all said to be interested in his services.

Students boss Pete Mahon told The Irish Sun: “He is interested in going to university so I am hopeful something can be worked out.”

Well if it is in the Irish SUn then it has to be true :rolleyes:

connemara
13/01/2005, 4:00 PM
Good Player For Ucd... :)

pineapple stu
13/01/2005, 5:51 PM
Well if it is in the Irish Sun then it has to be true :rolleyes:
That's from eleven-a-side! :p

CollegeTillIDie
19/01/2005, 7:41 PM
Well according to tonight's Herald, we are using the € 15,000 from Sully's departure to Atletico Doolo , to acquire Mr Dupuy and we are also interested in Aidan Lynch and apparently Ger Rowe ( ex-Shels) too apparently. ;)

pineapple stu
19/01/2005, 10:43 PM
All those players are free agents though - why would we need the money to sign them? If they can fit into our pre-budgeted wages budget, then fine. And also if they can play football, of course! :)

Ger Rowe is a new one. What's with all this signing players I've heard of?! What's going on?! :p

Slash/ED
19/01/2005, 10:57 PM
Ger Rowe ( ex-Shels)

Current Shels, we're looking to send him on loan, I doubt we'd sell him though I don't think he'll ever be a first team regular.

Schumi
20/01/2005, 1:24 PM
we are also interested in Aidan Lynch and apparently Ger Rowe
Lynch would be a good signing, assuming he's as good as when he left. Ger Rowe is an interesting one, he looked decent the few times I saw him play for Shels although I can't remember what kind of a player he is. He's hardly going to get into Shels' team this season with all the strikers they have now so he'd be likely to move I'd say. Having said that, if we get Dupuy another striker wouldn't on the top of my wish list.

Terry
20/01/2005, 1:44 PM
There is still a small chance that Galway United will still be able to hold onto Dupuys services for another season since it was announced that mannion was no longer going to be the manager, since the 2 of them didn't get on very well!! But, as I said the chances are small :o

galwaygirl
20/01/2005, 1:50 PM
There is still a small chance that Galway United will still be able to hold onto Dupuys services for another season :o

:ball: We live in hope Terry :ball:

Terry
21/01/2005, 8:20 AM
French striker Damien Dupuy has signed for Premier Division club UCD. The ex Galway United frontman met with Galway United officials this week to inform them of his move to the Dublin club. Damien cited a desire to play in the Premier Division as the prime reason for turning down a new contract with the Tribesmen.
see-> www.galwayunitedfc.ie

connemara
21/01/2005, 9:47 AM
Good luck to Damo :) And many goals with Students ;)

pineapple stu
21/01/2005, 12:31 PM
Cool - we can sign the French national anthem at games again! Just like Paris all over! :p

Decent signing...wonder who'll be left out up front between Martin, Byrne and Dupuy? And does this mean Podgo's going to be down as a winger again next season?

Terry
21/01/2005, 1:51 PM
Cool - we can sign the French national anthem at games again! Just like Paris all over! :p

Decent signing...wonder who'll be left out up front between Martin, Byrne and Dupuy? And does this mean Podgo's going to be down as a winger again next season?

If Dupuy is dropped to the bench he will not be very happy!! when he was scoring left, right and centre for GUFC he was playing the full 90minutes of each game. Once he was subtituted in a game (up in bray) he had a "french fit" and didn't score for the rest of the season, although it was only 3 games !!

CollegeTillIDie
21/01/2005, 11:00 PM
If Dupuy is dropped to the bench he will not be very happy!! when he was scoring left, right and centre for GUFC he was playing the full 90minutes of each game. Once he was subtituted in a game (up in bray) he had a "french fit" and didn't score for the rest of the season, although it was only 3 games !!

Oh Sacre bleu! :eek:

pineapple stu
22/01/2005, 10:32 AM
I wonder what Dupuy's going to make of Aberdonian Stu's French? :eek:

At least he should feel at home joining Les Blues!

CollegeTillIDie
22/01/2005, 7:52 PM
Allez les bleus
Allez allez les bleus
Allez Allez allez les bleus :D

looping
25/01/2005, 10:55 AM
Oh Sacre bleu! :eek:
where did you read it? in TinTin? :D

connemara
25/01/2005, 3:22 PM
where did you read it? in TinTin? :D
Saperlipopette !!! :eek:

Aberdonian Stu
25/01/2005, 4:24 PM
How come he only played 16 games? Was he injured or join mid-season?

galwaygirl
25/01/2005, 4:26 PM
How come he only played 16 games? Was he injured or join mid-season?

No, he only joined us in June. More's the pity, it could have been us up there in the Premier now instead :rolleyes:

Aberdonian Stu
25/01/2005, 4:26 PM
I wonder what Dupuy's going to make of Aberdonian Stu's French? :eek:

At least he should feel at home joining Les Blues!

I was wondering when one of ye was going to start that. And tis a pity as well as the chant, prior to the horrific spelling error on my part, would have been ideal for our new signing.

gael353
25/01/2005, 4:42 PM
No, he only joined us in June. More's the pity, it could have been us up there in the Premier now instead :rolleyes:

Yea we should have had him. He was studing in LIT and he played junior B football (if ye can call it that) with Prospect United, went training with Limerick but wasnt impressed (it was the "do we exist or not period") so he along with a few others got the bus up the road to galway...and he made us suffer. No more then usual though lol

CollegeTillIDie
25/01/2005, 8:06 PM
Pete Mahon confirmed the signing of both Dupuy and Adrian Murphy on the Anna Livia 103.2 F.M. program, The Absolute Game last night.
We were offered Ger Rowe on loan and did not take up the offer. Pete is looking for another wide player subject to budgetary considerations.

galwaygirl
26/01/2005, 9:38 AM
Yea we should have had him. He was studing in LIT and he played junior B football (if ye can call it that) with Prospect United, went training with Limerick but wasnt impressed (it was the "do we exist or not period") so he along with a few others got the bus up the road to galway...and he made us suffer. No more then usual though lol

I think he actually went to Cork after Limerick for a couple of weeks before getting the bus up to Galway :rolleyes:

looping
26/01/2005, 11:30 AM

i played with prospect hill to give a hand to a friend only three matches while i was training with limerick in the same time for a week but wasn t studing sorry gael...then left to cork where i spent three weeks before i was injured and finished in galway
but tony mannion didn t pick me up in the squad for a month so that i missed 11 matches because i wasn t good enough in training...thanks tony...

galwaygirl
26/01/2005, 12:02 PM
...but tony mannion didn t pick me up in the squad for a month so that i missed 11 matches because i wasn t good enough in training...thanks tony...

that was his big mistake Damo.. :(

pineapple stu
26/01/2005, 6:53 PM
We were offered Ger Rowe on loan and did not take up the offer. Pete is looking for another wide player subject to budgetary considerations.
Excellent news. Mahon seems to know exactly where we're weakest and is sorting it out very nicely - pretty much reading my mind! This could be a very good season yet...

Bald Student
26/01/2005, 7:39 PM
pretty much reading my
Sure, why not cut out the middle man. Pinapple you should apply for the managers job.

CollegeTillIDie
26/01/2005, 8:19 PM
Sure, why not cut out the middle man. Pinapple you should apply for the managers job.

Not till he guides the College to the World Club Championship 3-in-a-row on Championship Manager :D

CollegeTillIDie
26/01/2005, 8:20 PM
Damien

Bienvenue a l'Universite College Dublin et bonne chance pour la nouvelle saison dans la Premiere Division ! :D

looping
27/01/2005, 10:52 AM
Damien

Bienvenue a l'Universite College Dublin et bonne chance pour la nouvelle saison dans la Premiere Division ! :D

merci !! :D is aberdonian stu french??

Schumi
27/01/2005, 11:07 AM
is aberdonian stu french??
:D :D No. See here (http://foot.ie/showthread.php?t=5265&highlight=aller).

HarpoJoyce
27/01/2005, 9:52 PM
This needs to be sorted out plus de tot que plus de tard.

Did M.Dupuy cost UCD the title last year when he equalised for the
Tribesmen last June on a balmy summer's evening in Terryland?

I can ask 'cos I saw the goal.

Terry
28/01/2005, 6:59 AM
This needs to be sorted out plus de tot que plus de tard.

Did M.Dupuy cost UCD the title last year when he equalised for the
Tribesmen last June on a balmy summer's evening in Terryland?

I can ask 'cos I saw the goal.

That was a point gain as we should have stole that in the end! If you are to look at a match where ye lost the title I would say the only game at home that ye lost, 2-0 kildare

Schumi
28/01/2005, 10:58 AM
Did M. Dupuy cost UCD the title last year when he equalised for the Tribesmen last June on a balmy summer's evening in Terryland?
I would say that the stupid draws in Kilkenny and Monaghan and at home to Limerick cost us the title. Alternatively the defensive ***** up that lost us the first game up in Ballybofey.

pineapple stu
28/01/2005, 12:36 PM
Sure, why not cut out the middle man. Pinapple you should apply for the manager's job.

Club rejected my CM resumé last time... :( :)

CollegeTillIDie
28/01/2005, 7:13 PM
That was a point gain as we should have stole that in the end! If you are to look at a match where ye lost the title I would say the only game at home that ye lost, 2-0 kildare
Spot on young man well said :cool:

HarpoJoyce
30/01/2005, 2:00 PM
Reception - Presentation - life of association - Actions - biddings - Friends - bonds - Contacts

In Galway, Damien Dupuy is called "Damo"
! The supporters of "United" are under the charm of their Narbonnese striker
Saturday June 5. Galway United carries a 2-1 win from the ground of Kilkenny in Championship of the Irish First Division. Perhaps nothing extraordinary up to that point if it is only, thanks to this victory, the manager of the team comes to keep his head. And with which this win owes a deferment? With a Narbonnese! That the old ones or current players of Fun know well: Damien Dupuy. To 25 years, that which was formed with the "red and blue" club, from now on the mauve (sic) shirt of Galway United increases. A true rupture in a regional career which had up to that point been carried out it in Castelnau, Béziers and Agde "I wanted for a long time to play abroad", he justifies it to the attention of those which would be shown at the very least astonished. His horizon is not any more the Mediterranean, but rather the Corrib river which divide Galway into two and Twelve Pins of the very close Connemara. He's not any more the "Dams" with the diverting dribbles. Over there, He's called "Damo" and he is even acclaimed by one song from England with the glory of Cantona. It will have been enough that Tony Mannion, the famous manager of G.U (sic) gives him his chance so that the Irish public discovers that there was a fine Frenchie in the team. _ because the history of Damien Dupuy in the Green Erin have nothing of fairytale de fée. "It be necessary go on the pitch and show ability", ensure it. The Narbonnese could add that the mental and patience test is unshakable. Its also necessary to make his home in Irish football. Unless arriving with one CV, strapping and glowing man, skepticism is required. As much statement: before hearing his nickname sung on the air of the Chinese lanterns, Damien had a rough time of it. Drives under the rain, of the improbable matches, travelling on the bus from one city to another to involve himself after the job and especially uncertain about the future: others which would undoubtedly have taken to the airport for a return trip towards the motherland. Damien Dupuy clung to his convictions. Thus he under a test with the club of Cork, one of best of the first Irish division (sic, I left that in on purpose )"I was persuaded to sign. It was done tupto 90 %. I was to speak about the contract Sunday evening and I was wounded (sic) Saturday morning ", tells the former striker of Fun version Dany Rey. In his case, the wound (sic again) was an unhappy event and he had to make a cross on his contract with Cork City. Today, disappointment is overcome, but he learned a lesson from it: "squads are very important. There are International Youths to replace you when you are wounded (sic) and that even though you are foreign, you are not worth anything more ". At the time of the arrival of Racing, Heinken Cup Rugby match in Galway, Damien Dupuy had benefitted from this match of Rugby to come into contact with Galway United. Conscious that he would not sign in Cork, he reactivated his career carrying him to the doors of Connemara "It acts as a club of semi-professionals. Good players are found there, but they are not professional in their behavior ", measures the single foreigner of" United ". Damien Dupuy is obliged besides to solicit Tony Mannion to make overtime in the weights room or in front of the goal "Galway wants to grow. It is an enormous building site which is undertaken. That will take time before they go up to the Premier Division ", advances" Damo ". It is in any case the goal which the Narbonnese pursues. In Galway or elsewhere. While waiting, he already marked points with respect to its trainer. Since his two goals against Kilkenny registered vote, Damien Dupuy is considered differently, by his colleagues in particular "once you showed something, they give you the ball more easily", smiles the providential striker. Even Tony Mannion - the man who does not state that by textos - starts to speak with his French player "He changed. However, at the beginning, he dropped me. I am foreign, I do not have anybody here, there is the barrier of the language. I would have liked that he behaves differently towards me ", sighs Damien Dupuy. This absence of communication is finally only one adventure among others. Those which saw him exerting several small trades (waiter, barman, assistant of kitchen (KP maybe) ) in complement of the land preparations imposed by the clubs. The newspapers also christined him extravagant names. "Dupay", "Dugay": not obvious to be made a name in Irish football. Raised with hard, but accomodated like a king by the fans of Galway, very pleasant city moreover, "Damo" hope well to have eaten his black bread (black pudding maybe) and to become the pet of Terryland Park. Two goals changed the glance of the others. In the local daily newspapers, Damien is finally Dupuy. A first victory for Frenchie. Who calls others of them, obviously...

Translated from:
http://www.bo2.org/rubriques/?act=comment&idnews=84&idcomment=0

Translated by:http://world.altavista.com/babelfish/tr

I made with grammar also.

connemara
30/01/2005, 3:14 PM
GOOD JOB ! Damien is a member of the french charity called BO2.

connemara
30/01/2005, 3:18 PM
In french, "eaten black bread" means thaat bad and difficult moments belong to the past

bizanet
30/01/2005, 4:49 PM
"eaten black bread", c'est manger son pain blanc!!!
je vois que tu joues tjs avec le forum!
à+
rené

CollegeTillIDie
30/01/2005, 5:07 PM
"eaten black bread", c'est manger son pain blanc!!!
je vois que tu joues tjs avec le forum!
à+
rené

Pain blanc? c'est White bread en Anglais n'est-ce pas?

bizanet
31/01/2005, 7:02 AM
yes it is!

connemara
31/01/2005, 10:07 AM
Pain blanc? c'est White bread en Anglais n'est-ce pas?
Yes but I think you do not say the same thing to explain that good moments are finished... :)