PDA

View Full Version : O’Grady released by Derry

A face
07/01/2005, 1:47 AM
O’Grady released by Derry

Conor O’Grady has been placed on the transfer-list by Derry City manager Stephen Kenny, and the Candystripes boss feels that the midfielder will have no shortage of suitors before the start of the new eircom League season.

Sligo native O’Grady joined Derry from Cork City a year ago, but failed to establish himself in the starting XI at the Brandywell.

Read more at www.eleven-a-side.com (http://www.eleven-a-side.com/premier/irish_soccer_detail.asp?newsid=15412)

Dazzy
07/01/2005, 12:25 PM
There fast with this news. :rolleyes:

Gary
07/01/2005, 12:42 PM
Strange decision by Kenny. O Grady is a strong player, all heart and a good passer of the ball. I hope he finds a club sooner rather than later.

Éanna
07/01/2005, 2:21 PM
very good player. I was sad to see him leave, and I'm sure he can do a job for a lot of clubs around.

carrickharp
07/01/2005, 2:31 PM
I wonder where to next?

Risteard
07/01/2005, 2:36 PM
very good player. I was sad to see him leave, and I'm sure he can do a job for a lot of clubs around.
Our club?
He was player of the year and a huge loss at the time.
He can't have gone that bad that quickly?
Could he play center back, no?
I think he left originally because of the travel involved in living in Cork though, didn't he?

Éanna
07/01/2005, 3:16 PM
Our club?
He was player of the year and a huge loss at the time.
He can't have gone that bad that quickly?
Could he play center back, no?
I think he left originally because of the travel involved in living in Cork though, didn't he?
yeah, well what it said in the papers about him leaving derry was that he couldn't train in derry, so I doubt he can manage cork either. If he was a full-timer I'd love to see him back.

carrickharp
07/01/2005, 3:35 PM
So I take it he is living in Sligo again??

makka_dcfc
07/01/2005, 5:45 PM
He was released because of not being able to get a place in the starting XI but what made the decision for Kenny was O'Grady's reluctance to relocate to Derry. This is also why Davy Byrne's career with us is hanging by the finest thread imaginable.

MariborKev
07/01/2005, 11:46 PM
Dublin Harp,

He is indeed back living in Sligo- working as a care assistant and apparently wasn't willing to move to Derry.