PDA

View Full Version : Calling all Exiles

Wicklowrebel
06/01/2005, 6:12 PM
Alright Lads,
Seems like forever ago we were planning Exiles Banners etc., and its time to get things sorted for the new season. If people who are interested throw their name down on this post and we will try and get things sorted out.
Also post any ideas of what to get printed on the banner (I know there were some good ideas in the Bar at Dalymount and Fagans but couldnt even remember my name the next days).
Anyone know where the lads got the two banners made up last year, and what kind of money they cost? I know a fairly decent place up here that makes them up but would like to shop around.
I have a few ideas for T Shirts, that Im going to get a few samples of, but we would need minimum orders of 20 or so to get them done.
Cheers
Cian

tiktok
07/01/2005, 6:54 AM
You can throw my name in for splitting costs, though it's far too early in the morning for any ideas :o

niamh
07/01/2005, 10:44 AM
CCFC exiles? With red, green and white :D

I cracked open the auld piggy bank when required as well...

tiktok
07/01/2005, 11:01 AM
How about...

"Improving the Average IQ in Dublin Since 1984 - CCFC Exiles" :D

pete
07/01/2005, 11:17 AM
Add me to list. I've no ideas for banner at the moment...

Hows about some sort of list of all exiles names, willingness to share bus, car etc... with a view to maxmising exiles making trips to Drogs, Longford, Setanta Cup...?

Just a thought...

Risteard
07/01/2005, 11:21 AM
Hows about some sort of list of all exiles names, willingness to share bus, car etc... with a view to maxmising exiles making trips to Drogs, Longford, Setanta Cup...?

Just a thought...

That at best would be bizarre, and at worst just wouldn't fit on.
;)

Used2BHibs Fan
07/01/2005, 1:12 PM
Like the one about improving the Average IQ ....

Will also crack open the kids piggy bank....

Dricky
07/01/2005, 2:17 PM
Put me down for a couple of bob.

Breeding out the Dublin Genes one step at a time..........

exile
07/01/2005, 2:26 PM
good stuff il be putting my name

drinkfeckarse
07/01/2005, 2:28 PM
How about...

Like it. :D :D :D

bren101
07/01/2005, 2:34 PM
WicklowRebel - Unfortionatly I do remember that night in Fagans cos I was subjected to driving you home !!!! Only kidding Fella!

You can count me in, if there are any ideas you need a breif design for I'd gladly take it on (like the Exiles stamp) if you wanted !!

As for you TikTok ... Geography wasnt your best subject - Kildare is'nt quiet Dublin !! ;)

exile
07/01/2005, 2:36 PM
can i up load attachments here ?
cause steph had a few ideas and i still have them knocking around somewhere

bren101
07/01/2005, 2:37 PM
WicklowRebel - What do you think, we try get TikTok, Exile, Gavin and Tom together and see if can get 2 car's to head up to the Setanta Cup ??

Lads - would you be on for it ?

Wicklowrebel
07/01/2005, 2:57 PM
Will have to see when Wicklow rebel junior is born before making any plans for Setanta cup, but definetly make a few of the games.
Snatch was telling me about those ideas alright sound good, If you are registered on shedend.com you can upload stuff there.
Bren & Exile (and Hibs fan, didnt realise there were more of us in Wicklow), Im going to the Vevay for a few scoops tonight if ye fancy an Exiles Wicklow Branch meeting!
So far we have:
1. Wicklow Rebel
2. Tik Tok
3. Niamh
4. Pete
5. Hibs Fan
6. Dricky
7. Exile
8. Bren

Getting there!

Macy
07/01/2005, 3:02 PM
Bren & Exile (and Hibs fan, didnt realise there were more of us in Wicklow),
You'll never be as cool as the LTFC Wickla Branch :cool:

exile
07/01/2005, 3:18 PM
exiles banner ideas (http://www.corkcityfc.ie/forums/index.php?act=Attach&type=post&id=37)

some ideas for banners compliments of stephen

exile
07/01/2005, 3:29 PM
exiles banner ideas (http://www.corkcityfc.ie/forums/index.php?act=Attach&type=post&id=37)

some ideas for banners compliments of stephen

theres a vote as well on on the official site as to whats peoples favourite

JackeenRebel
07/01/2005, 5:39 PM
Hi Paul - Gavin and Cian have seen this one already ... but here is another one to add to the pot ...

Im off to the Vevay !!!! :D

fella
08/01/2005, 12:26 PM
Lads,
Would also be happy to throw in a few bob for banners.
Thought the Crest with the CCFC Exiles was the best.

Mine'sABulmers
09/01/2005, 12:27 AM
Count me in for a few bob too - roll on the new season

Setanta Cup - Are we talking Glentoran or Linfield :eek:

CollegeTillIDie
09/01/2005, 1:55 PM
How about...

Good idea for all you exiles to get together for a banner nice one!

One question Cork people have been living in Dublin for years, having kids etc........ so how come we are still brutal at hurling ? :D

exile
09/01/2005, 2:38 PM
Good idea for all you exiles to get together for a banner nice one!

One question Cork people have been living in Dublin for years, having kids etc........ so how come we are still brutal at hurling ? :D

ha ha just cuase ucd are the only decent hurling team in dublin and ye are hated for it too ;)

CollegeTillIDie
09/01/2005, 2:39 PM
ha ha just cuase ucd are the only decent hurling team in dublin and ye are hated for it too ;)

UCC are one of the best at bogball , down your neck of the woods, and the poor mites are hated Leeside too :D

Coran Mc Sweene
10/01/2005, 9:07 AM
Include me in this, I'm sure I can spare a few quid!

coislaoi
10/01/2005, 9:38 AM
Count me in as well. I was involved in setting up an exiles branch in Dublin about 10-12 years ago. A few of us used to meet up for matches in Dublin and go to away matches. I had an ad in the Evening Herald (this was before the internet). We still have a flag - Cork City FC Dublin Exiles.

redgav
10/01/2005, 12:27 PM
Will have to see when Wicklow rebel junior is born before making any plans for Setanta cup, but definetly make a few of the games.
Snatch was telling me about those ideas alright sound good, If you are registered on shedend.com you can upload stuff there.
Bren & Exile (and Hibs fan, didnt realise there were more of us in Wicklow), Im going to the Vevay for a few scoops tonight if ye fancy an Exiles Wicklow Branch meeting!
So far we have:
1. Wicklow Rebel
2. Tik Tok
3. Niamh
4. Pete
5. Hibs Fan
6. Dricky
7. Exile
8. Bren

Getting there!

Add me to that list too boiy -

redgav
10/01/2005, 12:32 PM
WicklowRebel - What do you think, we try get TikTok, Exile, Gavin and Tom together and see if can get 2 car's to head up to the Setanta Cup ??

Lads - would you be on for it ?

I'm gonna head up there for the games for deffo - My missus is from Belfast so been to a few of the stadiums before -
Am desperate to go to a city glens game with her aul fella - he's been supportin glens for 60 years -
Will go to Linfield as well but not sure If I'm brave enough to go to Portadown -
Might pull overnighters tho , and have a mammoth sess's on the goldenmile after the games -I can help with hotel numbers , pubs and stuff as well

Snatch
11/01/2005, 1:10 PM
Apologies for going AWOL for Christmas. I'm actually back in Dublin for a couple of days trying to secure a proper job up here. Was there an Exiles' Christmas gethering in Dublin? How is the recruiting going? Has Wicklow Rebel Jr signed up yet? ;)

I'll work on some proper quality prints for the Exiles' crest (at last :o , sorry about the delay.)

Defo be up for the trip North.

Hecko
17/01/2005, 1:33 PM
Gav - Put me down for a few quid for the banner as well. What's the date for the Setanta cup?

kevincronin2000
17/01/2005, 1:34 PM
March 15

niamh
17/01/2005, 1:35 PM
Have we a winner?
Shud we get the kneeing needles out?

pete
17/01/2005, 2:53 PM
Shud we get the kneeing needles out?

Is that an offer? ;)

GavinZac
17/01/2005, 4:54 PM
Is that an offer? ;)

:eek: :D

niamh
19/01/2005, 11:47 AM
Absolutely.
If I start later I might be done by the time we win anything major under Dolan! :eek: