PDA

View Full Version : good old cork

max power
06/01/2005, 1:59 PM
if ya cn't get any national awards.....make up your own

Shels and Cork dominate Writers' awards lists
06/01/2005 - 14:39:11

The shortlist for the Soccer Writers’ Association of Ireland Personality and Goalkeeper of the Year Awards have been announced with League champions Shelbourne and runner-up Cork City dominating both lists.

Shels’ manager Pat Fenlon, striker Jason Byrne and captain Owen Heary are all included on the Personality of the Year shortlist along with Cork manager Pat Dolan, striker Kevin Doyle and Waterford United star Daryl Murphy.

For Byrne, Heary, Doyle and Murphy, it is a unique double as all four were also nominated by their fellow players for the PFAI awards announced on Wednesday.

Meanwhile last year’s goalkeeper of the year, Shelbourne stopper Steve Williams, is once again nominated in the goalkeeper category along with Cork star Michael Devine and former Waterford United ‘keeper Dan Connor, who joined Drogheda United in December.

The awards will be presented at a function in Cork on January 15. :rolleyes: :D

Risteard
06/01/2005, 2:05 PM
if ya cn't get any national awards.....make up your own

Elaborate.

Is the fact that its in Cork your point?

max power
06/01/2005, 2:08 PM
wow the hampster in the head must be going 90 workin that out ;)

but it shows the difference in the choice between the pfai and the writers, complete diffenent choice of players

patsh
06/01/2005, 2:09 PM
And the award for Magnificent Obsession goes to......Max Power for his relentless jealousy of, his untiring interest in and his deep, but latent, love for Irelands BIG Club....Cork City
:D :D

former Waterford United ‘keeper Dan Connor, who joined Drogheda United in December. ?:eek:
The WORST keeper in the league last year?:confused:

Longfordian
06/01/2005, 2:11 PM
In fairness he was muck last season, the season before he was good. He arguably cost Waterford the Cup, Digger had a better season than him

max power
06/01/2005, 2:11 PM
[QUOTE=patsh]And the award for Magnificent Obsession goes to......Max Power for his relentless jealousy of, his untiring interest in and his deep, but latent, love for Irelands BIG Club....Cork City

your right, there is a differnece between the biggest club and a sucessful club.......its called a cup double :cool:

and its the closed season and i'm bored :D

Hibs4Ever
06/01/2005, 2:12 PM
?:eek:
The WORST keeper in the league last year?:confused:[/QUOTE]

I agree. Anytime I've seen him he's fcuking up or getting sent off

Risteard
06/01/2005, 2:20 PM
Get over it.
Would anything be said if it was hosted in Dublin?

max power
06/01/2005, 2:23 PM
?:eek:
The WORST keeper in the league last year?:confused:

I agree. Anytime I've seen him he's fcuking up or getting sent off[/QUOTE]

or stamping on someone :mad:

jimhacker
06/01/2005, 3:53 PM
wow the hampster in the head must be going 90 workin that out ;)

but it shows the difference in the choice between the pfai and the writers, complete diffenent choice of players

Even you must have found it strange that not one Cork player made it to the team selected by the corps of Dub managers!

Pablo Escobar
10/01/2005, 9:22 AM
hampster
?

A rodent filled hamper?