PDA

View Full Version : FAI Buy Ferrycarrig Park

Mr A
01/02/2016, 12:55 PM
http://www.fai.ie/domestic/news/fai-confirms-deal-to-keep-ferrycarrig-park-in-football

Seems like a good deal all round.

outspoken
01/02/2016, 1:13 PM
I hope they have a buy back clause like Cobh

oldyouth
01/02/2016, 3:44 PM
I hope they have a buy back clause like Cobh

Story is that the FAI are putting in a full size floodlit astro and that Mick has the option to buy the lot back in 10 years for a 'modest sum'

Martinho II
01/02/2016, 4:25 PM
Story is that the FAI are putting in a full size floodlit astro and that Mick has the option to buy the lot back in 10 years for a 'modest sum'

wouldnt you think the FAI would improve better access into the ground as no offence but you have to go for two miles to go into the back entrance of it and same again. I cant think of any other ground like this!

nigel-harps1954
01/02/2016, 4:51 PM
wouldnt you think the FAI would improve better access into the ground as no offence but you have to go for two miles to go into the back entrance of it and same again. I cant think of any other ground like this!

Something to do with planning regulation. It wouldn't be so bad if they'd at least find a way to have the road upgraded!

oldyouth
01/02/2016, 6:02 PM
The complex was designed for access from the N11 but the NRA have always refused it on safety issues. However, a new motorway bypass (which cuts through the upper corner of Ferrycarrig Park) is underway & may change that and we may get permission. Those that know the road are aware the condition is in and the last few months have not been kind to it. Gonna be fun watching newbie fans trying to find us this season

pineapple stu
01/02/2016, 6:34 PM
How many clubs haven't played in Wexford?

Derry and Cork have I know, from the cups.

Galway and Longford in the First Division.

Fairly sure Rovers were there one year?

wonder88
01/02/2016, 7:02 PM
Good news. Off topic, do Wexford enter the Leinster Senior Cup? Maybe Sligo have never played in Ferrycarrig ?

oldyouth
01/02/2016, 7:14 PM
Sligo are the only LOI team that Wexford Youths have never played, either in competition or in a friendly. As for the LSC, we always enter it. We're playing away to Athlone this year

Charlie Darwin
01/02/2016, 8:08 PM
As far as I remember we've only played them at home but the B team played them away.

Dodge
01/02/2016, 11:33 PM
Pats have played one game there in the FAI Cup and a couple of friendlies. One was played on the back pitch

Martinho II
02/02/2016, 4:36 PM
How many clubs haven't played in Wexford?

Derry and Cork have I know, from the cups.

Galway and Longford in the First Division.

Fairly sure Rovers were there one year?

sorry to burst your bubble pineapple but we played Youths between 2008 and 2014 home and away!

El-Pietro
02/02/2016, 4:39 PM
sorry to burst your bubble pineapple but we played Youths between 2008 and 2014 home and away!
He said as much. He said that Wexford played Derry and Cork City in the cup (and both played in the First Division), and Galway and Longford in the First Division.

outspoken
02/02/2016, 8:51 PM

🙈🙈🙈🙈🙈

TheBoss
03/02/2016, 5:46 AM
Just did a quick check there in relation to current LOI teams that have played at Ferrycarrig Park, only Sligo Rovers and Shamrock Rovers are the only 2 sides never to have played either a League of Ireland, FAI Cup, EA Sports Cup or Leinster Senior Cup at that venue. Although Shamrock Rovers 'B' team did play there in 2014.

Complete list of current LOI teams to have played at Ferrycarrig Park in either League of Ireland, FAI Cup, EA Sports Cup or Leinster Senior Cup:

Athlone Town

Bohemians

Bray Wanderers

Cabinteely

Cobh Ramblers

Cork City

Derry City

Drogheda United

Dundalk

Finn Harps

Galway United

Limerick