Fanad
Bangor
Belgrove
Rockmount
Douglas Hall
Moyle Park

razor
07/01/2005, 10:41 AM
Don't know too much about the clubs outside Cork but if Avondale can get a draw in Donegal, they should take em in Cork.
They are the current MSL Champions and flying this year as well.
Good splash of local talent and ex Cork City players under Caulfield.

drummerboy
07/01/2005, 11:01 AM
Wayside and Belgrove will be the 2 Dublin clubs to watch. Rockmount will also be keen to keep title. Dark horses could possibly be Mount Merrion YMCA, who are in 4th Div LSL but have a host of ex-EL players like Ian Douglas (ex Drogs, Bohs), Sean Bryne (Dundalk), Howie King (Limerick), Donal Broughan (Bohs, Dundalk), Hysa (Limerick, Dublin City), Parsons (Bray) and many mmore.

Kingdom
07/01/2005, 3:15 PM
Glenmore Dundrum v Mount Merrion YMCA
Cherry Orchard v Wayside Celtic
Fanad United v Avondale United
Bangor Celtic v St Mary's
Malahide United v Greenhills Boys/Belgrove
Rockmount v St Peter's Athlone
Bonagee United v Douglas Hall
Moyle Park PPFC v Lissadel United

Ties to be played February 6 2005

Glenmore
The Orchard
Fanad
Bangor
Belgrove
Rockmount
Douglas Hall
Lissadel Utd

Darren Meade has been banging in the goals for Belgrove as has Devlin for Bangor.

drummerboy
07/01/2005, 3:27 PM
Darren Meade is keeping Graham Dunning (ex Dublin City) out of the Belgrove team

Kingdom
07/01/2005, 4:38 PM
I went to the same school as Dunning and know what a good footballer he was/is
As for Meade he was always a bag of tricks and it always seemed like juat a matter of time before he moved to someone big. May still happen perhaps.....

razor
07/02/2005, 9:16 AM
Glenmore
Wayside
Fanad
Bangor
Belgrove
Rockmount
Douglas Hall
Moyle Park
Not bad apart from the draw and the game off, only Fanad went out.

amarach
07/02/2005, 5:57 PM
I was at the Rockmount game yesterday myself, they distroyed St. Peters, the poor goalie would wanna retire now I'd say lol :D

Did ya see when one of the St.Peter's lads stuck his head into Kenneth Howie (when at that stage Rockmount were up 4-0) lol, usually Kenneth would fire back but all he done was hand signalled him 4-0 4-0 4-0 4-0 fecking class couldn't stop laughing

Willy Byrne is playing well with Rockmount looks real comfortable and have to say Congrats to Rory Beechner even though he won no award up in Dublin last night he's been class all year round and a great achievement for him to be up there with some of Irelands best

I know Darren Meade myself, he's a great player remember him in the finals against Rockmount, he was over in England to on trials for a wee bit wasn't he I'm sure it was for Leeds

amarach
07/02/2005, 5:59 PM
So of the teams that's left what counties are they all from ??

Rockmount - Cork
Douglas Hall - Cork
Belgrove - Dublin
?
?
?

Not sure of the rest but presume they're mostly Dub teams??

dcnags
07/02/2005, 8:17 PM
So of the teams that's left what counties are they all from ??

Rockmount - Cork
Douglas Hall - Cork
Belgrove - Dublin
?
?
?

Not sure of the rest but presume they're mostly Dub teams??

Avondale United - Cork

amarach
08/02/2005, 9:56 PM
Forgot about Avondale they beat Fanad wasn't it?

So it's;

Rockmount - Cork
Douglas Hall - Cork
Avondale - Cork
Belgrove - Dublin

LFC in Exile
09/02/2005, 7:44 AM
Glenmore Dundrum (Dublin) v Mount Merrion YMCA (Dublin - being managed by former Limerick and Shamrock Rovers Dave Connell)
Cherry Orchard (Dub )v Wayside Celtic (Dub)
Dublin Bus/Fanad United v Avondale United (Cork)
Ashtown Villa (Play in Mulhuddart but part of LSL) /Bangor Celtic (Dub) v St Mary's (?)/Ringmahon Rangers (Cork)
Malahide United v Greenhills Boys (Dub) /Belgrove (Dub)
Rockmount (Cork) v St Peter's Athlone
Bonagee United (Letterkenny, Donegal) v Douglas Hall (Cork)
Moyle Park PPFC (Dub) v Lissadel United (Dub LSL)

Only one I'm missing is St Marys I think. :ball:

amarach
09/02/2005, 11:15 AM
St. Mary's is Cork also

drummerboy
09/02/2005, 11:49 AM
Belgrove will take some stopping. They signed a few players recently including Keith Bruen from Ballymun. I reckon if they avoid each other it will be another Rockmount V Belgrove final. Bangor and Cherry Orchard have both lost players to Eircom League clubs.

amarach
09/02/2005, 9:49 PM
Rockmount have Avondale in the next round!!

Rockmount v Belgrove Final Good prediction!!

It was Belgrove that beat Rockmount nearly 2 years back now in the final but it was Rockmount that knocked Belgrove out of the intermediate cup last year!!

Did any of you see the final between Bluebell and Rockmount last year what a dirty match, Belgrove were like a pack of Vinny Jones on the pitch lol dirty *******s, Darren Meade was actually there himself to watch it, had him text me afterwards, saying how well Rockmount played so would be great to see Rockmount v Belgrove in finals this year !!

razor
09/02/2005, 10:03 PM
Anyone got the full draw.
On current form i'd fancy Avondale to take Rockmount.
Saw Mount at the w/e, they weren't tested.

amarach
10/02/2005, 11:00 AM
Can't see that happening Razor, I'd say Rockmount will have a tough one with Avondale but they'll produce the goals like alway's!!

Rockmount v Belgrove for the final of Intermediate Cup!!!

dcnags
13/02/2005, 10:47 PM
Well we'll have a preview of the cup game soon as i think its this week or the week after avondale play rockmount in the league out in carrigaline.

Avondale have their keeper dave o keeffe out for a while, he picked up an injury against ringmahon around xmas time and is in a bit of trouble wit his knee.

valc1
14/02/2005, 9:26 AM
Anyone know anything about Douglas Hall (Cork) ????

amarach
14/02/2005, 9:33 PM
Well we'll have a preview of the cup game soon as i think its this week or the week after avondale play rockmount in the league out in carrigaline.

Avondale have their keeper dave o keeffe out for a while, he picked up an injury against ringmahon around xmas time and is in a bit of trouble wit his knee.
It's this wk Rockmount play Avondale!
Rockmount have a few players away for this match, I know Johnathon Busteed is heading to Madrid with his girlfriend to see Real Madrid play, but there's another few missing also I'll find out more and let yee know

razor
15/02/2005, 11:17 AM
Avondale host Rockmount this Saturday, will head down for that one, should be good.
Intermediate Cup game will take place on March 20th.

bell legend
15/02/2005, 4:26 PM
Whats all this talk about the Intermediate cup game between rockmount and avondale. the real intermediate games will be held in dublin as one of the dublin teams will win it this year. my money would be on wayside or belgrove as they are the 2 best intermediate teams in the country at the moment.

amarach
15/02/2005, 7:40 PM
Typical talk from a Dub........would the Bell in your name have anything to do with you supporting Bluebell??? lol......eh didn't Rockmount win the interemediate Cup last year, and got to the Final 2 years back with Belgrove but ask anyone from Belgrove who kicked them out of the Intermediate cup last year ROCKMOUNT lol........ :D

bell legend
16/02/2005, 9:06 AM
my name has nothing to do with being a bluebell fan, i was at the final for the last 2 years and rockmount have done very well. I just have a sneaking suspicion that it could be an all dublin final this year.

razor
16/02/2005, 10:34 AM
my money would be on wayside or belgrove as they are the 2 best intermediate teams in the country at the moment.
Theres no proof of this.They may be the best in the LSL but as they don't play their Southern counterparts regularly then you can't really say.
Avondale & Rockmount are the 2 best in the MSL and Saturday should be interesting.
Both Wayside & Belgrove, Rockmount/Avondale and possibly Douglas Hall in the semis. So its all dependant on the draw.

amarach
16/02/2005, 10:39 PM
I wouldn't hold my breath on Sunday's match Avondale v Rockmount.......you've Kieran O Mahony...Johnathon Busteed....and I'm sure other lad is Willie Byrne out.......so that's their back line...I'd say Billy will have a few junior lads up with them on Sunday so the league match on Sunday and the cup match on March 20th will be two different balls games altogether......Also Avondale have a few first team member's out....???

Rockmount are a very strong cup team. COME ON THE MOUNT :p

amarach
16/02/2005, 10:40 PM
my name has nothing to do with being a bluebell fan, i was at the final for the last 2 years and rockmount have done very well. I just have a sneaking suspicion that it could be an all dublin final this year.

You'll agree with me so when i say the game against Bluebell last year was very dirty, even had Darren Meade of Belgrove agree with me on that one!!!! Dirty football gets ya no where ;)

bell legend
17/02/2005, 9:29 AM
last years final was a little bit dirty but all games, nevermind finals, between cork and dublin teams always have a little bit of niggle in them.

I look forward to seeing the winner of the big game in cork playing one of the dublin sides in the semis.

razor
19/02/2005, 9:45 PM
I wouldn't hold my breath on Sunday's match Avondale v Rockmount.......you've Kieran O Mahony...Johnathon Busteed....and I'm sure other lad is Willie Byrne out.......so that's their back line...I'd say Billy will have a few junior lads up with them on Sunday so the league match on Sunday and the cup match on March 20th will be two different balls games altogether......Also Avondale have a few first team member's out....???
Dull enough game, finished 0-0, both teams kind of cancelled each other out.
Both sides missing a few. Avondale did more overall, Rockmount seemed happy with a draw from the start. very solid at the back.
Draw probably fair enough result. Avondale still 8 points ahead of Rockmount with a game less played.

amarach
21/02/2005, 1:00 PM
Rockmount are a cup team, they seem to give it all in cup games the league never seems to bother them :confused: Best of Luck to both sides in the cup though, no matter what it's great to see a Cork team win :D