PDA

View Full Version : Update please....

Poor Student
06/01/2005, 11:03 AM
I've been gone for a good while so could someone please update me on the in and outs at the college. Or is that just the outs? :confused:

pineapple stu
06/01/2005, 11:25 AM
Only outs so far, I'm afraid...

Seán Finn to Waterford (free transfer)
Willie Doyle to Waterford (free transfer)
Philip Hughes released
Pat Sullivan seems to have agreed to go to Drogheda, but transfer fee not yet agreed; if it goes through, it will be in the region of E20k, give or take a couple of grand.

Wouldn't be worried about the lack of signings yet because a) the club are notoriously bad at announcing things in the media and b) we never make any big-name, early signings. There'll be a raft of them in the next month or so, I'd say.

Poor Student
06/01/2005, 5:25 PM
Hmmmmm. Im not particularly bothered about most of them. Its inevitable Doyle, Finn and Sully will want to move on to what they feel to be bigger things. Hopefully Gannon, Murphy and Byrne can fill their boots. But Batman going confuses me. I thought he played great in all the games he appeared in and worked tirelessly. I cant figure out why we let him go. From all the comments I read from
Mahon well have two experienced faces in by the start of next season. Weve kept a good deal of our spine though so far. Quigley, the back four, Tony Mac. Should be ok if we keep it at that. But we look dry up front. Martin and the still relatively untested inexperienced Byrne. Lets hope he can keep up his goals per 70 mins ratio next year. ;)

CollegeTillIDie
06/01/2005, 7:20 PM
Hmmmmm. Im not particularly bothered about most of them. Its inevitable Doyle, Finn and Sully will want to move on to what they feel to be bigger things. Hopefully Gannon, Murphy and Byrne can fill their boots. But Batman going confuses me. I thought he played great in all the games he appeared in and worked tirelessly. I cant figure out why we let him go. From all the comments I read from
Mahon well have two experienced faces in by the start of next season. Weve kept a good deal of our spine though so far. Quigley, the back four, Tony Mac. Should be ok if we keep it at that. But we look dry up front. Martin and the still relatively untested inexperienced Byrne. Lets hope he can keep up his goals per 70 mins ratio next year. ;)

Given that we primarily blood players as a club the number of departures is not that surprising , as they have to make way for those being promoted from the Under 21 Championship winning side, even if some of the actual departees might be.