PDA

View Full Version : Pascal Vaudequin

Roo69
05/01/2005, 1:18 PM
Former Derry City and Shamrock Rovers star Pascal Vaudequin has been in talks with Irish League club Institute about taking over as their new manager.

More (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/irish/4148137.stm)

dcfcsteve
05/01/2005, 1:35 PM
Former Derry City player in talks to replace another former Derry City player as Manager of a club in Derry (though not Derry City) that's full of ex-Derry City players, and that was managed before that by yet another ex-Derry City player. :)

Irish football is sooooo feckin' incestuous....

Roo69
05/01/2005, 2:03 PM
Former Derry City player in talks to replace another former Derry City player as Manager of a club in Derry (though not Derry City) that's full of ex-Derry City players, and that was managed before that by yet another ex-Derry City player. :)

Personally i would have said that Derry is football is sooooo feckin' incestuous :D

dcfcsteve
05/01/2005, 3:51 PM
Personally i would have said that Derry is football is sooooo feckin' incestuous :D

I knew someone would say that ! :)

Anyways - it's Londonderry to them boys...... :D

Pablo
05/01/2005, 4:02 PM
Anyways - it's Londonderry to them boys...... :D

are ya serious? so even Derry has a footballing divide! what a province!

dortie
05/01/2005, 7:43 PM
are ya serious? so even Derry has a footballing divide! what a province!

The Londonderry 'Institute' of free presbyterians......to be exact. Fact.

Martinho II
05/01/2005, 9:00 PM

tell me dcfcsteve who managed institutebefore paul hegarty?

jimhacker
06/01/2005, 8:28 AM
The Londonderry 'Institute' of free presbyterians......to be exact. Fact.

Sounds more like the institute of free transfers...............

dcfcsteve
06/01/2005, 12:07 PM
tell me dcfcsteve who managed institutebefore paul hegarty?

They've had a host of Derry players, managers and backroom people across their 5 years in senior football. John 'Bugsy' Cunningham was there before Shawoddy-Roddy sold him into the Carlisle pipe-dream 2 seasons ago. Paul Kee also did a stint at Inst as well.

Almost half of their current first team squad are ex-Derry City players (Paul Hegarty, Ryan Semple, Ryan Coyle, Joe Harkin, James Quigley, Adrian Creane, John McElroy & Marty McCann).

The 'Ground Development Chairman' at Institute (Robert Ferris) is also an ex-DCFC Director. Sadly he is probably one of the more high profile Protestant supporters of DCFC to have drifted away since we joined the League of Ireland.

Finally, Institute's place on one of the earlier rungs of the Irish League ladder (the Intermediate League) was only secured in 1982 when Derry City chose to withdrew from that particular competition. We obviously had our eyes on bigger and better leagues at the time.... :D

Still - I don't mind Stute. Even went to see them get hammered 5:1 in rubbish weather over Christmas.... :o

carrickharp
06/01/2005, 1:26 PM
He is now their new manager see HERE (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/irish/4150955.stm)