PDA

View Full Version : This makes me seem like a Jessie but however.....

Kingdom
05/01/2005, 12:26 PM
Has anyone got married recently , or been to a wedding recently? Preferably in Ireland!
I'm gettin married in oct and we(I'm) nowhere near close to getting a band. They're all either having bad days or are just cack.

Any help?

Macy
05/01/2005, 12:36 PM
Ha ha Jessie, much underused term in modern times (just like no one goes for a wazz anymore)....

We got The Big Chill for our wedding back in August. They were very good at what they do. Ultimately you've got to accept that most people at your wedding will want crap waltzes and shít like that - so more important to get a band that the singer can sing and the band can play rather than judge them on what they're playing.

Kowalski
05/01/2005, 12:52 PM
Has anyone got married recently , or been to a wedding recently? Preferably in Ireland!
I'm gettin married in oct and we(I'm) nowhere near close to getting a band. They're all either having bad days or are just cack.

Any help?
You know if you're struggling to get a wedding band you could always go for a nice gold ring with a few diamonds / jewels in it.

Kingdom
05/01/2005, 12:57 PM
You know if you're struggling to get a wedding band you could always go for a nice gold ring with a few diamonds / jewels in it.

:D
Ha ha ha ha
Very good , but for the fact that I'm fcuked off my face with tiredness and also you have a cool monicker I'd be sending you a stern reply.

Yeah right.....

Macy
05/01/2005, 1:00 PM
It depends tho'. Most of our crowd were young so we banned old time waltzes and Irish music, and the floor was jammed for the night.
Ours was mainly family so it was more traditional wedding fayre, but thanks to that untc Martin and his smoking ban I spent most of the evening outside anyway. :rolleyes: :mad:

noby
05/01/2005, 1:07 PM
It depends on what you're looking for really. There should be plenty of 'typical' wedding bands about

We blew the bank a bit on our wedding band, as I've seen a lot of cack in my time too. There was about 8 or 10 of them, brass section, the works. Played a great mixture, kept everyone happy.
Most older generation (ie parents aunts/uncles) would be just as happy with a few rock'n'roll songs as waltzes (sp). And at least they're lively, and upbeat.

A couple of things to remember. They gave us a start time and finish time, so any time wasted on setting up a 'seige of ennis' type thing, or stopping for tea/coffee comes out of that time, so you get less music for your money.

I also did dj at a wedding last year (that sounds so max), the band never did a wedding before, but played everything from rolling stones/bob dylan to dean martin. Obviously the couples preferences, but enough of a mixture to keep everyone dancing.

Kingdom
05/01/2005, 1:09 PM
Ours was mainly family so it was more traditional wedding fayre, but thanks to that untc Martin and his smoking ban I spent most of the evening outside anyway. :rolleyes: :mad:

Nice one Macy I'll have a looksee. What was the cost for them Like?

Macy
05/01/2005, 1:29 PM
Nice one Macy I'll have a looksee. What was the cost for them Like?
We were actually just talking about that the other day, we think €1000 - which seems okay compared to what some are charging now (a mates best man at a wedding and the couple are getting quoted nearly double that!). I have to say though that it turned out that the missus new their booking manager so may have been something of a discount there.

Best thing to do is send the future missus to one of the wedding message boards, then sit back and relax as she finds everything out (in much the same way we surf football boards, she'll get into the wedding ones!)

noby
05/01/2005, 1:45 PM
Best thing to do is send the future missus to one of the wedding message boards, then sit back and relax as she finds everything out

I preferred the more hands-on approach; ie crashing a few weddings for 'research purposes'

Pablo
05/01/2005, 4:33 PM
Tut Tut another good man lost! Dont do it!

Kingdom
06/01/2005, 8:52 AM
Best thing to do is send the future missus to one of the wedding message boards, then sit back and relax as she finds everything out (in much the same way we surf football boards, she'll get into the wedding ones!)

Yeah she has been doing the rounds on those message boards, but I've been charged with organising the band and the honeymoon .
So that'll be the Complete Stone Roses and the Milan derby next season so

:D