PDA

View Full Version : Kevin O'Brien to leave the Blues

Partizan
05/01/2005, 12:22 PM
there is a god after all. :p

exclusive from http://btid.irishfootie.net/viewtopic.php?t=1767

Waterford United utility player Kevin O Brien looks set to leave the club after handing a transfer request to manager Alan Reynolds. O Brien, who joined the club from Tottenham Hotspur in 1999, is seeking a transfer following a season where he spent much of his time on the bench.

"I hadn't played as often as I would like last season and I feel that a change of clubs would be just what I need at this time in my career," said the player. " I will look at any opportunity that is available - I'm only 24 years old and I believe I have a lot to offer."

"Kevin told me of his intention a while back and I think the time is right before the season gets underway to have a fresh start," commented Reynolds. "I will not stand in his way and I have agreed to his request."

This would bring to seven the number of players to leave the Blues since the end of the season. The following is the latest list.

OUT

Dan Connor (to Drogheda United)
Ben Whelehan (to Dublin City)
Jose Quitongo (Released)
Wayne Fitzgerald (Retired)
Mark Clifford (Released)
Alan Carey (Released)
Kevin O Brien (Transfer Request)

IN
Sean Finn (UCD)
Willie Doyle (UCD)
Stephen Yelverton (Cobh Ramblers)
Colm Heffernan (Sligo Rovers)
Paul Crowley (Dublin City)
Mark Andrews (Kilkenny City)
Neil Andrews (Kilkenny City)

Roo69
05/01/2005, 1:05 PM
there is a god after all. :p

exclusive from http://btid.irishfootie.net/viewtopic.php?t=1767

Waterford United utility player Kevin O Brien looks set to leave the club after handing a transfer request to manager Alan Reynolds. O Brien, who joined the club from Tottenham Hotspur in 1999, is seeking a transfer following a season where he spent much of his time on the bench.

"I hadn't played as often as I would like last season and I feel that a change of clubs would be just what I need at this time in my career," said the player. " I will look at any opportunity that is available - I'm only 24 years old and I believe I have a lot to offer."

"Kevin told me of his intention a while back and I think the time is right before the season gets underway to have a fresh start," commented Reynolds. "I will not stand in his way and I have agreed to his request."

This would bring to seven the number of players to leave the Blues since the end of the season. The following is the latest list.

OUT

Dan Connor (to Drogheda United)
Ben Whelehan (to Dublin City)
Jose Quitongo (Released)
Wayne Fitzgerald (Retired)
Mark Clifford (Released)
Alan Carey (Released)
Kevin O Brien (Transfer Request)

IN
Sean Finn (UCD)
Willie Doyle (UCD)
Stephen Yelverton (Cobh Ramblers)
Colm Heffernan (Sligo Rovers)
Paul Crowley (Dublin City)
Mark Andrews (Kilkenny City)
Neil Andrews (Kilkenny City)

Is Sean Finn 100% signed on the dotted line ? because i was speaking to a good source and he was talking to St. Pats the other day.

Partizan
05/01/2005, 1:19 PM
yep, he's signed for us..

That list was released by Waterford PRO, Ray Scott and posted at the IBSC site.

Longfordian
05/01/2005, 1:21 PM
Your manager is only too delighted to get shut of O'Brien I would think, saves him having to explain to Ma and Pa why he wasn't picked for every game

Bluebeard
05/01/2005, 2:41 PM
Anybody out there willing to interest your club in one slightly used right back / winger. Or for that matter, willing to interest the management of a club you loathe. Think of it, Bohs fans, as the ideal solution to the perenniel question of what to get the Shels fan in your life for Valentine's Day - a three year contract at Tolka for a recently homeless puppy.

CollegeTillIDie
06/01/2005, 8:24 PM
The father of the puppy may be making way for a new face at the helm , if my sources are to be believed! Watch this space Blues fans ;)

Partizan
06/01/2005, 8:28 PM
It was posted by the Bishop on the BTID site......

Happy Days :p :D :cool: :ball: