PDA

View Full Version : 2 New Signings according to the Mirror

Roo69
04/01/2005, 6:07 PM
Robbie Dunne (Midfield) form Dundalk and the Unattached Niall Hobbert (Goal Keeper)who used to play for Longford and Kilkenny.

Any info on any of these 2 ?

Schumi
04/01/2005, 6:33 PM
Robbie Dunne used to play with us, a decent right winger if nothing particularly special. I don't think he did much with Dundalk in his time there.

BobtheDrog
04/01/2005, 9:13 PM
I hate dunne, i hate dunne, i hate dunne, but hes a good player

Sheridan
04/01/2005, 9:53 PM
Yeah, Robbie is ex-UCD/Drogs/Dundalk and was a regular fixture in Dublin City's First Division championship-winning team in 2003. Not a Premier Division player. He'll run his balls off for you down the wing, at right full or in the centre of midfield, but his prowess with the ball that counts is very limited. I wish him all the best, but I don't seem him cutting it at the higher level.

Roo69
05/01/2005, 7:41 AM
Yeah, Robbie is ex-UCD/Drogs/Dundalk and was a regular fixture in Dublin City's First Division championship-winning team in 2003. Not a Premier Division player. He'll run his balls off for you down the wing, at right full or in the centre of midfield, but his prowess with the ball that counts is very limited. I wish him all the best, but I don't seem him cutting it at the higher level.

4 Decent enough sides he has played for so there must be something there. Heard he will run ALL day but not the most skillful or graceful of players. Any way, best of luck to him with us.

dublinwanderer
05/01/2005, 5:21 PM
Robbie Dunne (Midfield) form Dundalk and the Unattached Niall Hobbert (Goal Keeper)who used to play for Longford and Kilkenny.

Any info on any of these 2 ?

Where they get Niall Hobbert from ? any one know :confused:

Martinho II
05/01/2005, 9:25 PM
niall hobbert played with us around four years ago in the promotion winnign season- he only made one or two appearances that year-nothin speactular!

Roo69
05/01/2005, 11:19 PM
niall hobbert played with us around four years ago in the promotion winnign season- he only made one or two appearances that year-nothin speactular!

It said he was unattached. Brought in as cover for Chris. Reckon he wont be getting his game unless something serious happens to Chris and the 21's keepers.

Squad Building is the name of the game at the moment for us.

KR's Post
07/01/2005, 2:49 PM
Robbie Dunne (Midfield) form Dundalk
He scored a hat trick of a different kind against us up in oriel when we were beaten 3-2 after being 2 up... From centre half he scored a o.g. and 2 goals for dundalk... Quality stuff...... ;)

eamoss
09/01/2005, 7:02 PM
From dundalkfc.com (http://www.dundalkfc.com/replay/PlayerProfiles/2004/DUNNE_Robbie.html)

Robbie DUNNE

Pos/DoB: Defender/Midfielder • 5 Oct 79
Former clubs: University College Dublin FC • Saint Patrick's Athletic FC • Drogheda United FC • Dublin City FC

Born on 5 October 1979, Dunne joined UCD on a scholarship when he was 17 and made his debut for UCD during the 1998/99 season. After three seasons at Belfield, he joined St Patrick's Athletic and then moved on to Drogheda United. After leaving United Park, he moved to Dublin City where he was a very popular player and played a big part in John Gill's promotion-winning side.

Dundalk career: Signed a one-season contract with Dundalk on 13 January 2004.

shankilwanderer
12/01/2005, 8:31 AM
Niall Hobbert was last playing for Kildare before they released him a while ago.

Drogman.
12/01/2005, 10:17 AM
Hobbart is a former team mate of mine when I used to be playing for Tralee Dynamos. Not the tallest of goalkeepers but very broad. He is very strong but for some reason was sometimes afraid to use it.

He played for the Irish U16 for 2 years in a row and had trials with a few English clubs, Leicester city being one of them.

He was part of our FAI Youth Cup final win over Stella Maris (Which included Ritchie Baker) in 1998.

He's a good keeper but always prone to making a hash of things now and again. Very vocal and the defenders would always have sore ear after a game with him in goal.

He always had the potential but never quite made it to the top.