PDA

View Full Version : Injury stalls Carr recovery

Neil
18/01/2002, 9:49 PM
Republic of Ireland right-back, Stephen Carr has suffered a minor setback in his recovery from his long-tern knee injury.

The Spurs player was forced to undergo surgery last September in the US and has recovered well from that ordeal. Sadly for the international defender, he picked up a groin strain as he increased his training regime and, according to reports in the Star, looks set to miss the Republic's friendly against Russia on February 13th.

The 24-year-old, who was named Tottenham's Player of the Year for 2000, is almost a certainty to start in Ireland's World Cup campaign if he regains full fitness.

setanta

Brine
19/01/2002, 11:20 AM
I hope he get's better, because in my opinion, he and Given are our two best players after Keane.

Neil
19/01/2002, 11:42 AM
Originally posted by Brine
he and Given are our two best players after Keane.
Yep, although with Steve Finnan in reserve it wouldn't be the end of the world (cup!)

Seanie
21/01/2002, 9:03 AM
But we'll probably have to move one of them to left-back if Harte's current form continues

pete
21/01/2002, 10:48 AM
A fit Steven Carr would be first choice right back no question about it.

Finnan & Kelly are no competition to him.

Éanna
21/01/2002, 1:17 PM
in my book, carr is the only world-class\potentially world-class player we have apart from roy keane. given comes close.

pete
21/01/2002, 1:43 PM
Don't see them foreign leagues much but would appear Given is in the form of his life this season.

Without being too pessimistic we are going to need a keeper in top form given the central defensive options available.....

Éanna
21/01/2002, 8:01 PM
spot on pete. staunton breen and dunne are dodgy in the extreme and cunningham is a very good full-back. enough said.