PDA

View Full Version : New Years Eve

Gary
30/12/2004, 1:43 PM
Who is doing what, and who is going where?

First time in years I'm going to town, but the Pure Cork gig in the Opera House looks great. Bottle of Tiger beer for the first 150 through the doors as well.

patsh
30/12/2004, 7:30 PM
Bottle of Tiger beer for the first 150 through the doors as well. Now theres a good traditional Cork beverage for you!:D

ollie
30/12/2004, 9:42 PM
[QUOTE=Gary]Who is doing what, and who is going where?
QUOTE]

i'm working 3to close :mad: :mad:
its going to be a long day/night/morning :eek:

max power
31/12/2004, 1:53 AM
workin too, but who cares, its an over rated pile of poo anyway. i'd rather get payed double to entertain drunkin fools on a night that no matter what you do they are up for it anyway.

Neish
31/12/2004, 11:10 AM
workin too, but who cares, its an over rated pile of poo anyway. i'd rather get payed double to entertain drunkin fools on a night that no matter what you do they are up for it anyway.

Yeah same here working 8 to close in a hotel bar, I'm not that bothered anyhow. Any of the good pubs/clubs are packed takes half an hour to get to bar(and ya lose half your drink trying to squeeze back out) or the toilet couldn't be arsed with it. It pointless unless ya get a house party somewheres. And the double pay helps too :D

Pat O' Banton
31/12/2004, 12:20 PM
Staying in and watching the Shrek DVD I got the missus for Christmas. Let all the once a year drinkers go out tonight and leave me in peace for the rest of the year.

sylvo
31/12/2004, 12:38 PM
Staying in and watching the Shrek DVD I got the missus for Christmas. Let all the once a year drinkers go out tonight and leave me in peace for the rest of the year.

But after seeing some of the pub's around were Mrs O'Banton is now living, i'd be inclined to stay away from them due to the regular's love of banjo's and that close family spirit that seem's to exsist in them pub's.

Squeal like a piggy boy.

4tothefloor
31/12/2004, 12:58 PM
Was supposed to go to an Island off Donegal with a load of friends, but the journey up and down to Limerick just didn't appeal in the end. Then was supposed to go to Cork to see Felix Da Housecat in the Savoy, but no tickets available, and decided not to risk a pointless journey. Now as it stands, I have the flu, so I won't even be going to the local! I'm not even bothered though as I think NYE is a load of crap anyway. I'll be happy out watching Liverpool V Chelsea tomorrow on the couch, so it's not too bad.

Cosmo
31/12/2004, 2:31 PM
'Let all the once a year drinkers go out tonight and leave me in peace for the rest of the year.'

The best post I've read - I've been out every night bar 3 over the last 5 weeks - tonight will be my 4th without a doubt - hate new years eve (and add stephens night to that :mad: )

dortie
01/01/2005, 11:14 AM
'Let all the once a year drinkers go out tonight and leave me in peace for the rest of the year.'

The best post I've read - I've been out every night bar 3 over the last 5 weeks - tonight will be my 4th without a doubt - hate new years eve (and add stephens night to that :mad: )

Here here, havent been out the past 3 New Years Eves......Wised up I think.

Better going out tonight !

harpskid
01/01/2005, 11:36 AM
Any of the good pubs/clubs are packed takes half an hour to get to bar(and ya lose half your drink trying to squeeze back out)

Was out last night and that is a pretty accurate description Neish. :mad:

Feckin lost a half pint of stout with some bitch just knocking it outta me hand :( and then lost a full JD when some w****r decided it would be a nice idea to hit the table a good aul kick :eek:

Apart from that t'was a good aul night ;)