PDA

View Full Version : floating an idea

max power
30/12/2004, 2:41 AM
(i know i posted similar in the Longford forum, but this a question for away fans)

if you could purchase an away game featuring ur club in the Flansiro on dvd for 15 euro, would ya ????

it would be with you 4 working days after the game.......

Cosmo
30/12/2004, 9:02 AM
......no

KR's Post
30/12/2004, 9:49 AM
Yep i would!!!! Definetely..... ;)

harpskid
30/12/2004, 11:19 AM
Aye :)

A face
30/12/2004, 12:27 PM
if you could purchase an away game featuring ur club in the Flansiro on dvd for 15 euro, would ya

Would it be all the games in one year (two) or all the games theat ever have been, well recorded anyway .....

And could i use the footage in another production ??

Éanna
30/12/2004, 1:41 PM
could be an idea for a group of people to buy one and stick it on in the horseshoe before the next home game

max power
30/12/2004, 1:45 PM
Would it be all the games in one year (two) or all the games theat ever have been, well recorded anyway .....

And could i use the footage in another production ??

no we hold copyright and expressed written permission must be recieved first......

BUT if it was for the gain of a club and not for personal gain i do not see it being a problem.

wws
30/12/2004, 1:57 PM
definitely not

unless something bizarre happened that may feature on question of sport some time down the line in the "what happened next " round

but otherwise no way

15 euro!!!

ure havin a laff

anto eile
30/12/2004, 2:10 PM
its bad enough paying once to see Rovers play away to the longford kickers without having to pay for it twice!:D

though in saying that if it was an extremely important or classic game (cup semi, league wining game, 3-4 win to SRFC etc) i might consider it

Slash/ED
30/12/2004, 5:40 PM
What Anto Eile said, normally no but if it was a classic or important game than I probably would.

max power
30/12/2004, 5:43 PM
lets face it no one else is doin it, so i just think its a way to raise revenue and when they can be ordered on line, it makes life simple.

Slash/ED
30/12/2004, 6:01 PM
Would it not be cheaper to produce it on video? It'd mean you could sell it for much cheaper and would probably get more people to buy it.

max power
30/12/2004, 6:10 PM
As a matter of interest, do you mean raise revenue for LTFC or the producers of the DVD?

LTFC will be the producers, through me......all profit to the club

and dvd can be produved in bout 8 mins, video takes much longer and is hastle i don't want.

we have sold 350 copies memories and heroes at crimbo, with another 40 going to new york next week and orders still coming in, so interest is there.

pineapple stu
30/12/2004, 11:05 PM
Only if it was a particularly good game, to be honest.

Are Drogheda doing something like that, or was I imagining things again?

A face
30/12/2004, 11:24 PM
Probably the bones of a new thread but who would be an eircom League DVD ... highlights of the year etc. .... all nine goals of the month, players of the month etc. .... a magazine/video diary type thing !!

pineapple stu
30/12/2004, 11:42 PM
all nine goals of the month, players of the month etc.
Not the TV3 Goal of the Month! :eek:

A good idea if done properly. But you'd need better footage than TV3's to do that, I'd say.

A face
30/12/2004, 11:46 PM
Not the TV3 Goal of the Month! :eek:

A good idea if done properly. But you'd need better footage than TV3's to do that, I'd say.

Agreed ... Ideally the league would do it with help from the clubs on the footage side of things. It would be great to see it happen.

max power
31/12/2004, 1:47 AM
Probably the bones of a new thread but who would be an eircom League DVD ... highlights of the year etc. .... all nine goals of the month, players of the month etc. .... a magazine/video diary type thing !!

not a hope, i did one for us and i put in almost 200 hours of editing and production just to have it ready for crimbo, a lot of work, an awful lot.

i do intend to do 2 more for LTFC but after that i wouldn't bother unless i had complete production control.

Cosmo
31/12/2004, 8:15 AM
'Are Drogheda doing something like that, or was I imagining things again?'

Yeah, but it doesn't cover all the home matches and theres no commentary on them

crc
31/12/2004, 12:21 PM
I think €15 is a bit steep, €10 is more reasonable, at €5 you'd get a lot more interest. I think you'd get more that 3 times as many people intersted if te price was at €5 than it is at €15 - its all about finding the balance.

trevy
31/12/2004, 2:39 PM
15 EUR is a bit much.I couldn't see many being interested at that price.Sorry

pineapple stu
31/12/2004, 6:56 PM
Yeah, but it doesn't cover all the home matches and theres no commentary on them

How do you get hold of them? Our Cup match up there was a classic, plus I had a bad view of our second goal which apparently was a cracker - wouldn't mind having a look at that again...plus there was extra-time, so better value for money! :p

Cosmo
01/01/2005, 12:52 AM
Pineapple stu my good man, being honest this idea by the club was probably taken after I suggested on our mb buying the rights for the craptown match and flogging it for money for flags and stuff and someone who was involved in the club at the time (but aint no longer) decided he'd do this for all the drogs home matches (maybe it was a coincidence :eek: - so apologies if it is) - including the craptown match - so i dropped the plans and i dont know if afterwards the they ever got their hands on the craptown match :rolleyes:

They have some matches but im nearly sure it was advertised that they had all the home matches (and still no end of season dvd :rolleyes: - dont ask me why - even though a couple of supporters - me included - volunteered to make one or help with the making of one :mad: - look out for an unofficial one being made next season btw!!).

Anyway your best bet would be to email lindsey@droghedaunited.ie and see what the craic is! Let us know how you get on!!

Ronnie
05/01/2005, 10:17 AM
I think its a great idea. Most clubs video their own games. I know any Town fan who was at the 4-1 win against Shels, and those that weren't would be quite happy to have the game on DVD. Not to many of them might want the drubbing by Cork in Flancare, but maybe the Cork fans would. You might only have 4 or 5 games a seaon that there would be significant demand for, but if there is no risk for the club, go for it.

Macy
05/01/2005, 10:35 AM
My view would be if the games are going to be recorded anyway, then it's no skin of your nose if only one or two people want a particular game (certainly I'm sure Alan would be grateful for a copy anyway :) ). If it only takes 8 minutes to make a DVD, then it's not really an issue. And there will be a few games where there is a high demand for them by either or both sets of fans which will make good bucks for the club.

On the price, I suppose it depends on the quality and the cost price to produce them. Obviously if they can be profitable at €10 rather than €15 then you'll sell more...

pineapple stu
05/01/2005, 6:12 PM
Anyway your best bet would be to email lindsey@droghedaunited.ie and see what the craic is! Let us know how you get on!!
They do do them, but the Cup game was covered by RTÉ (I know, I was shocked to hear that as well! :p ), so no video for that one. Cheers anyway.