PDA

View Full Version : The 2004 Footie Awards Thread

Slash/ED
29/12/2004, 10:49 PM
Alright welcome to the first (I think) Footie awards! The voting opens today and will close on this day next year, wednesday the 5th of january at 6pm, and hopefully I'll be able to announce the winners either on that night or the next day. Anyway, the voting is simple, send your votes by E-mail only, I think if you all pm them to me than my inbox could get filled and a few votes lost and I'd rather you didn't post them in this thread as it should be a secret ballot. Simply send an E-mail to footieawards@yahoo.com with your pick for each category. You don't have to vote in each category, you only have to vote in the ones you want to, so technically you could only vote in one if you want. Anyway, I think that's everything, any other questions post them in here. The categorys are...

Oh and you must include your username in the e-mail. Any e-mails without it will have to be ignored, sorry lads, but it's to avoid any Ronnie O'Brien like situations :D

EL Player of the year
Div 1 Player of the year
EL Young player of the year
Div 1 Young player of the year
Most improved team (Div 1 or EL)
Best manager (Div 1 or EL)

Irish international teams player of the year
Best new cap
International young player of the year (Based on performances for any of our teams from U21 down)
Best goal (Can be either EL, Div 1 or international and can be down to anything, weather it was a brilliant goal or a significant one, whatever makes it your favourite)
Best save (Same as)
Best uncapped Irish player

Hero of 2004 (Again, either EL, Div 1 or international)
Villian of 2004 (Same as)
Most under rated player (same)
Most over rated player (same)
Best chant (Same)
Most amusing moment (same)
Moment of the year (Same, can be absolutley any moment that stood out for you for club or country)

Right, I tried to keep the categorys down to a minimum but wanted to cover everything and get as many of the suggested ones in as possible but remember if you think it's too much you don't have to vote in them all. Also, this includes both international and EL categorys but I'm posting it in the EL forum, I know you're not allowed post one post in two forums here but can a copy of the categorys and e-mail address at least be posted into the Ireland forum? If I get the go ahead from a mod I can just paste this post in there.

Other than that lads, just try not to be too biased ;) and hopefully this will be successful enough to warrent doing another. Any questions or complaints PM me or post them in here.

Slash/ED
05/01/2005, 6:51 PM
So votings closed (Should have posted this an hour and ten minutes ago I suppose). I'll have the results tomorrow. Cheers to everyone who voted.