PDA

View Full Version : Disturbing statistic

the ox
29/12/2004, 1:54 PM
was reading the guardian this morning and they said that Cameroon's fine for wearing their cool all-in-one was double the fine the spanish fa received for their stone-age chanting. where's the justice in that?

onenilgameover
03/01/2005, 12:44 AM
As far as I remember the Cameroon repeatedly ignored requests from Fifa that they obide by the rules of the games and change their strip back. It was seen as direspectful that they didnt. However the fine given to the Spainish Fa was disgraceful. They had a chance to stamp down hard and they chickened out. What is called for is more player and referee power. Its understandable that England or any team might not want to walk off in that situation for reasons including being a goal down or not wanting to give in to these pigs. The referee should be able to take control of the situation and call the game off. As far as I know this happened in Turkey recently. I suspect these friendlies mean more to the money men than to those who want to wipe racism out of football.

sylvo
03/01/2005, 7:28 PM
If I remember rightly Innguuurluund got a pretty small fine for the nasty scenes and racist abuse their fans gave to the Turks in Sunderland, also they got a pretty small fine for the shocking racial abuse their nice fans gave to Henrik Larsson both in Stokholm and Wembley.

I wonder how much the fine was they got for the shocking scene's on the 15/2/95 at Landsdowne Road, yet the tan media and it's Irish lacky media seem so quick to put down almost all thing's Spainish due to it suiting them all of a sudden.

The same tan media who where kicking off over racism from Spainish fan's were the same media who were supporting London's Metropolitan police's heavy handed attitude to London's Black community and heading a witchunt and all out slander campaign against many Black politicians in local goverment here in North London not all that long ago.

I noticed in a news article just after they played that match against Spain that the Spainish embassy in Dublin was inundated with complaints by angry Irish people complaining about the Spainish fans. I wonder how many of these concerned citizens were contacting the British embassy during euro 2004 complaining about the treatment Irish holiday makers in the Algarve got from Racist inguuurlish fans, or will be making their feeling's clear in the future when Wembley reopen's and Irish communitys in North West London once again have to put up with ''no surrender to the IRA'' and other such abuse, I doubt there'll be to many complaints somehow. :rolleyes: