Interpol's
Nick Cave's

Neish
24/12/2004, 5:37 PM
I would add:
Ian Brown's
Interpol's
Nick Cave's

Heard Good thing about all those albums from mates but have yet to her them, I hear Ian Brown's is ment to be his best yet

SligoRoversfan
05/01/2005, 12:08 AM
1.How to Dismantle An Atomic Bomb
2.Franz Ferdinand
3.Final Straw
4.Aha Shake Heartbreak

razor
05/01/2005, 12:59 PM
1. Morrissey - You are the Quarry
2. The Killers - Hot Fuss
3. The Libertines - The Libertines
4. Kings of Leon - Aha shake heartbreak
5. Interpol - Antics

ccfcman
07/01/2005, 9:42 AM
Incubus - A Crow Left of the Murder
Block Party - Block Party [EP]
Interpol - Antics
U2 - How to...

Only one's worth mentioning for me, and in no particular order.

Top 5 I purchased though.

Biffy Clyro - Infinity Land
Propeller Heads - Decksandrumsandrockandroll
Daft Punk - Homework
Incubus - A Crow Left of the Murder
Various Artists - Donie Darko OST [with the exception of Mad World, which infuriates me no end]

Babysis
07/01/2005, 9:46 AM
Need to add:
The Zutons - Who killed the Zutons??

James
07/01/2005, 9:49 AM
Libertines
Snow Patrol
Mark Geary
Frames
Killers

the "i got the album and listen to it sometimes but dont really get the hype album of 2004"
Keane .. too travis'y in places

dont think its a 2004 album but i got asleep in the back by elbow a few weeks ago and its bloody good

Babysis
07/01/2005, 9:55 AM
Scissor sisters album is a bit like Keane, in terms of the hype. Its good, but there have been better. They are worth seeing live though.
Thought Kasabian were a wee bit samesy, but a vouple of good tracks none the less

Paulie
07/01/2005, 5:15 PM
I don't suppose anyone got the Rodrigo y Gabriela album - Live in Dublin & Manchester. Superb stuff. Not everyone will like it but anyone that likes guitar based music would have to appreciate the level of talent and skill that this pair have.

Ruairi
07/01/2005, 5:17 PM
I don't suppose anyone got the Rodrigo y Gabriela album - Live in Dublin & Manchester. Superb stuff. Not everyone will like it but anyone that likes guitar based music would have to appreciate the level of talent and skill that this pair have.

Yeah they're magic.. like the little reference of 7 nation army in one of their songs...

and James is spot on with Mark Geary...

Paulie
07/01/2005, 5:38 PM
Yeah they're magic.. like the little reference of 7 nation army in one of their songs...

I got my ticket to go and see them in the Olympia in April earlier this afternoon.

I could crush a grape.

sadloserkid
08/01/2005, 4:05 PM
Not in order or anything but the best 5 albums I got into in 2004 (not sure if they're all 2004 releases) would be:

1. Funeral For A Friend - Casually Dressed And Deep In Conversation
2. Yellowcard - Ocean Avenue
3. The Beautiful Mistake - This Is Who You Are
4. lostprophets - Start Something
5. Jimmy Eat World - Futures

M@ttitude
09/01/2005, 1:50 PM
1.Kasabian
2.Ian Brown
3.The Killers
4.Mark Geary
5.Franz Ferdinand

Still haven't got Snow patrol, Damian Rices new album should be out soon.. O's a hard act to follow though. Anyone got Declan O'Rourke Yet??

finlma
09/01/2005, 9:00 PM
Daft Punk - Homework

That was released around 10 years ago.

Some of my favourites from the year:
Zero 7 - When It Falls
Goldfrapp - Black Cherry
Garden State OST
Danger Mouse & Gemini
Franz Ferdinand

ccfcman
10/01/2005, 9:33 AM
That was released around 10 years ago.

Try reading properly before you make cooments like that. I even bolded the Albums of 2004 in an attempt so that'd you realise I had two seperate section for the years good albums, and the good albums I bought in the year :rolleyes:

Top 5 I purchased though.

Biffy Clyro - Infinity Land
Propeller Heads - Decksandrumsandrockandroll
Daft Punk - Homework
Incubus - A Crow Left of the MurderVarious Artists - Donie Darko OST [with the exception of Mad World, which infuriates me no end]

Flea
10/01/2005, 12:38 PM
2. Yellowcard - Ocean Avenue
4. lostprophets - Start Something

Yes Yellowcard's album was great as well as lost prophets even though they are cheesy. Jimmy eat world and the killers are two of the most overrated bands around.

I would have to add Air- talkie walkie (classic), Velvet Revolver Contraband, the Zutons, and Kasabian to your list along with eminem of course :rolleyes:

fosterdollar
10/01/2005, 12:51 PM
Outkast - The love Below/Speakerboxx (2003? Can't rem)
The Killers - Hot Fuss
Republic of Loose - This Is The Tomb Of The Juice
Libertines - The Libertines
Air - Talkie/Walkie
Kings of Leon - Aha Shake Heartbreak
Kasabian - Kasabian
Kelis - Tasty
Interpol - Antics
Har Mar Superstar - Handler

James
12/01/2005, 9:46 AM
forgot about ex snow patrols Iain Archer - Flood the tanks v v good album

ken foree
12/01/2005, 6:29 PM
in no order

sung tongs (animal collective - amazing psych./folk band)

blue cathedral (comets on fire - not as good as their last but still heavy heavy)

mantra of love (acid mothers temple - jap freakout psychrock guitar/chant madness. great!)

smile (brian wilson - still great even after a 30 year delay...)

bring the neon war home (yellow swans - shattering, menacing stuff, like war bombs have dropped and this the sound that comes after)

Kingdom
13/01/2005, 2:22 AM
Yeah I got it at the gig in Vicar St along with a tshirt for meself and the missus. Very impressive.