PDA

View Full Version : Forum awards

Slash/ED
22/12/2004, 7:42 PM
Would there be any interest in some kind of forum awards for the league? I could run them if so, basically what I mean is we'd have a few categorys like best player, best young player, best manager etc etc that kind of thing, people could pm/e-mail me their votes and I could post the results up here in a few weeks time? What do you think, would the mods have any objections? I got the idea from all the debate going on about the eleven-a-side team of the year thread so maybe we can see what the good people of foot.ie think about the past season. It should be easy enough to run so I'll be able to do the counting myself, all you'd have to do is vote. What does everyone think?

The Sheliban
23/12/2004, 5:49 AM
Not a bad idea, but with a very high proportion of users of this board supporting a certain team, I fear the final result would not really be representative.

Éanna
23/12/2004, 11:17 AM
It would be representative of the board!!!!

Slash/ED
23/12/2004, 1:06 PM
Yeah we might end up with alot of votes going for the one team ;) but that's the way the forum is really so like Éanna said, it would be representative of the board. Hopefully people will try to be as impartial as possible. Also I suppose I could add categorys for the international side like best player for the international team over the past year where people wouldn't really be biased eitherway.

Dublin12
23/12/2004, 1:08 PM
they could even hijack the national team section by voting for Roy Keane ;)

Good idea though go for it.

Slash/ED
23/12/2004, 1:15 PM
Alright well, if there's the interest I'll go for it. So what kind of categorys would people want to see? At the moment I'd have for the EL best player, best young player, best game you watched, best manager and best signing of 2004, and for the National team I suppose we could have best player, best U21 player, best new cap, best game of 2004. Any suggestions for more categorys people would want to see? I don't mind adding as many of them as people want.

Pablo
23/12/2004, 1:54 PM
they could even hijack the national team section by voting for Roy Keane ;)

Good idea though go for it.

it amuses me how most people think City fans would be pro R Keane......the opposite is true in fact

Éanna
23/12/2004, 2:38 PM
it amuses me how most people think City fans would be pro R Keane......the opposite is true in fact
Agreed. And without wishing to kick the whole debate off again, its fair to say that there are a lot of city fans on both sides of the fence when it comes to that issue

Slash/ED
23/12/2004, 10:51 PM
Ok so since there doesn't seem to be any objections I'll open a thread sometime between christmas and new years with the categorys in it and the e-mail address to send votes. In the mean time post any categorys or ideas you have for them in here.

gustavo
24/12/2004, 2:19 AM
best prem player
best 1st div player
best young prem player
best young 1st div player
best goal
hero of 2004
villian of 2004
best international player
best new international player .

ollie
27/12/2004, 3:38 PM
best chant
most amusing moment
most improved team

LFC in Exile
27/12/2004, 5:01 PM
Alright well, if there's the interest I'll go for it. So what kind of categorys would people want to see? At the moment I'd have for the EL best player, best young player, best game you watched, best manager and best signing of 2004, and for the National team I suppose we could have best player, best U21 player, best new cap, best game of 2004. Any suggestions for more categorys people would want to see? I don't mind adding as many of them as people want.

My suggestion is have the first division represented properly as well. i.e. best premier and best first division players etc.

Also, best manager (1st and premier). Best Keeper (maybe even have a different category for each of the four goalkeeper, defender, midfielder, attacker). Best goal. Best save (?). Most under-rated player. Most over-rated player. Best uncapped Irish player. Just some thoughts.

Great idea though overall. :ball: