PDA

View Full Version : Emmanuel Osadebe

samhaydenjr
15/11/2015, 3:11 AM
Egan got his fourth of the season today, after a Bradley Garmston free-kick. But the big talking point of the game was Emmanuel Osadebe's clincher, his first senior goal, I believe, which got Goal of The Day on Sky Sports. If this goal (which can be found on his twitter feed at https://twitter.com/EmmanuelOsadeb4) is anything to go by, we need to watch his progress very closely. Gillingham are now top of League One again, so let's hope they keep going and take these three lads up to Championship level next season and give us some extra options. (BTW, I have no idea how to set up a thread, so somebody might want to set one up for Osadebe)

Charlie Darwin
15/11/2015, 3:20 AM
Osadebe went over to Gillingham last year after playing for Dundalk's youth teams.

tetsujin1979
15/11/2015, 10:00 AM
Posts moved to new player thread. There's no great mystery to player threads, they're just normal threads dedicate to one player. Even if they do occasionally veer off topic in the unknown

tetsujin1979
15/11/2015, 11:51 AM
highlights from the game on youtube
JXy7xbRGDvU
Egan's goal on 1:04
Osadebe's goal on 1:51. absolute belter!

Gilingham's first goal (second of the game) is worth a watch too!

liamoo11
15/11/2015, 9:09 PM
Osadebe went over to Gillingham last year after playing for Dundalk's youth teams.

has he been involved for us charles?

tetsujin1979
15/11/2015, 9:29 PM
has he been involved for us charles?
Don't think so, the only mention of him on fai.ie is in the weekly "Green Shoots" roundup. Not in any squads that I can find.

Charlie Darwin
15/11/2015, 9:53 PM
He's half-Irish, half-Nigerian it seems, and possibly born in England. So maybe just not in the Irish system. Still, good the FAI are keeping tabs on him.

samhaydenjr
16/11/2015, 12:47 AM
Call him up MON!

TrapAPony
16/11/2015, 1:00 AM
Don't see why he cannot be called up for our U21 team.

livehead1
16/11/2015, 10:38 AM
Called up to the Under 21's

http://www.kentonline.co.uk/medway/sport/international-call-for-gills-midfielder-46439/

TrapAPony
16/11/2015, 3:05 PM
Don't see why he cannot be called up for our U21 team.

The FAI were obviously reading:D

samhaydenjr
17/11/2015, 2:13 AM
Called up to the Under 21's

http://www.kentonline.co.uk/medway/sport/international-call-for-gills-midfielder-46439/

That's good news because if Osadebe can reproduce this sort of play on a regular basis, filled with speed, athleticism and skill, then we might be onto something really exciting. So we should get him prepped to move into the international set-up, particularly if Gillingham go up.

samhaydenjr
28/02/2016, 7:41 PM
Another goal for Osadebe yesterday, albeit as a consolation in a 2-1 defeat to Chesterfield - I hope O'Neill and Keane are keeping an eye on the young lads who are doing well at League One Level - Osadebe, Egan and Garmston at Gillingham, Cullen at Bradford, Anthony O'Connor at Burton, Lawlor at Bury, Dimaio at Chestefield, Forrester at Peterborough - with a view to integrating them into the national squad if they step up a division or two, through promotion or transfer, as Derrick Williams, Samir Carruthers, Greg Cunningham and Alan Browne all did this season

Olé Olé
28/02/2016, 8:52 PM
Another goal for Osadebe yesterday, albeit as a consolation in a 2-1 defeat to Chesterfield - I hope O'Neill and Keane are keeping an eye on the young lads who are doing well at League One Level - Osadebe, Egan and Garmston at Gillingham, Cullen at Bradford, Anthony O'Connor at Burton, Lawlor at Bury, Dimaio at Chestefield, Forrester at Peterborough - with a view to integrating them into the national squad if they step up a division or two, through promotion or transfer, as Derrick Williams, Samir Carruthers, Greg Cunningham and Alan Browne all did this season

Good point. Aside from Cunningham, who has been involved under Trap anyway, none of those players have been given some involvement at senior level. Maybe their form hasn't warranted it, I'm not sure. And, in fairness, Brady and Hendrick are of a similar age profile and have been nailed on starters for MON.

samhaydenjr
07/08/2016, 1:44 AM
Osadebe has been playing regularly for Gillingham in their pre-season friendlies, scoring in one game. I think he as been moved to centre-back for at least part of the time. And today he scored the third goal for Gillingham in their 3-1 victory over Southend. O'Neill and Keane should really start to watch this kid closely.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/36930019

TheOneWhoKnocks
23/08/2016, 9:09 PM
Two assists for Osadebe tonight against Premier League Watford.

Gillingham coming from behind to lead 2-1 with Mark Byrne scoring the equalizing goal.