PDA

View Full Version : Frankfort FC

Ulrich
22/12/2004, 5:38 PM
:ball:

One of the founder members of the then Free State League in 1921 was a Dublin club called "Frankfort". I am a supporter of Eintracht Frankfurt and want to find out more about that club that failed to get re-elected after only one season. I found a "Frankfort FC" in the Amateur Football League and am wonderimg whether the present club is still the same. I am also keen to learn why someone in Dublin named a club after my home-town. I would be interested in everything connected with that club. Perhaps someone knows more about it and can put light into the darkness.

Thank you very much indeed.

I wish you a merry Christmas and a happy New Year.

Ulrich from Germany

eoinh
22/12/2004, 5:55 PM
Frankfurt were a Dublin Team. They might have had something to do with a bakery or something, Im not sure.

eoinh
22/12/2004, 5:58 PM
Actually sorry they had nothing to do with a bakery that was another team but they played at Richmond Hill in Dublin. Maybe some of the Dublin people here would know about this area

Rovers Fellow!
22/12/2004, 6:14 PM
:ball:

One of the founder members of the then Free State League in 1921 was a Dublin club called "Frankfort". I am a supporter of Eintracht Frankfurt and want to find out more about that club that failed to get re-elected after only one season. I found a "Frankfort FC" in the Amateur Football League and am wonderimg whether the present club is still the same. I am also keen to learn why someone in Dublin named a club after my home-town. I would be interested in everything connected with that club. Perhaps someone knows more about it and can put light into the darkness.

Thank you very much indeed.

I wish you a merry Christmas and a happy New Year.

Ulrich from Germany

I know of the club alrite. They used to play in the Phoenix Park and think they still play there. Used to know the manager and some players but as far as I know they are a different bunch of players and management now. They were mainly a pub team. I think Dont know the history behind the club but if I find more out il let u know.

Frank O'Connor
02/01/2005, 5:36 PM
Frankfort FC.
For many years operated from the basement of 24 Dominick Street dublin 1.
My Grandfather and my father and his brothers were very involved in it.
One of my uncle's family are still involved in it.
Its been a long time since they operated in Dominick St.
I found the following on a web page,they may have more info you.

... Contact TBA. Frankfort FC Gary O'Connor 40 Alden Drive, (H)003531 9392892 (M) 0035387629516
Bayside D 13.

Ulrich
03/01/2005, 6:36 PM
Thanks very much. I will try this address.

All the best for 2005.

Ulrich

Frank O'Connor
29/06/2010, 10:13 PM
Hello Ulrich
Did you ever get any more information?
Frank