PDA

View Full Version : Contract Renewals & Squad Lists 2016

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

gufc2000
09/11/2015, 5:35 PM
Maybe a bit early, but any news of re-signings and signings seem to be clogging up the rumours thread and eventually getting lost in there. Maybe posters can p post official up to date squads in here as they come in?

I'll get the ball rolling

Galway United:
Ryan Connolly
Colm Horgan
Padraic Cunningham
Conor Winn

ger121
10/11/2015, 8:01 AM
Bohemian FC:

Dean Delaney
Derek Pender
Daniel Byrne
Derek Prendergast
Stephen Best
Lorcan Fitzgerald
Keith Buckley
Paddy Kavanagh
Roberto Lopes
Jake Kelly
Ismahil Akinade

Nah Nah Nah Nah
10/11/2015, 8:30 AM
Sligo Rovers

Gary Boylan
Benny The Bull

dundalkfc10
10/11/2015, 8:49 AM
Rogers
Boyle
Gartland
Barrett
Massey
Grimes
Meenan
Mountany
Stevie O
Shields
Finn
McMillian
Kilduff
Poynton
Michael O Connor
Ciaran O Connor
Conor Mc Donald

Not sure about Sava

Towell, Horgan, Gannon yet to sign! Id imagine we will lose at least 1 of them to England (hopefully not though)

Acornvilla
10/11/2015, 12:40 PM
P Gannon
R Gorman
D O' Sullivan
K O' Connor
C Powell

All resigned with Longford thus far.

Town Legend
10/11/2015, 1:42 PM
P Gannon
R Gorman
D O' Sullivan
K O' Connor
C Powell

All resigned with Longford thus far.

Outspoken must be too busy spurting all over the place to comment!

Martinho II
10/11/2015, 4:43 PM
Outspoken must be too busy spurting all over the place to comment!

hes chasin skirt thats wot hes at!

outspoken
10/11/2015, 4:46 PM
Happy enough I suppose

Aaron
10/11/2015, 6:24 PM
Pete Mahon new Drogheda manager

Nesta99
10/11/2015, 6:38 PM
Towell, Horgan, Gannon yet to sign! Id imagine we will lose at least 1 of them to England (hopefully not though)

From post match interviews its sounds like Towell has put his demands to the club so we shall see what the club does. Dont know the extent of Gannons ankle injury but it could scupper a move for him initially and we'd keep him 'til July possibly. Horgan was the most non committal about his future with the usual 'Lets enjoy todays cup win and we shall see'. Couldnt begrudge any of them their chance at progressing but maybe as O'Donnell has said recognise what you have and dont settle for a move just for the sake of it.

Aaron
10/11/2015, 9:22 PM
Derry City

Ryan McBride
Aaron Barry
Barry McNamee
Aaron McEneff

Longfordian
11/11/2015, 7:34 AM
Jamie Mulhall and Kaleem Simon have signed back for LTFC. The latter had been linked with Derry.

CrowdedHouse
11/11/2015, 5:13 PM
Two more years of 4 5 1 from Tommy Dunne...

sullanefc
11/11/2015, 5:22 PM
Good ole 4 5 Dunne.

Longfordian
11/11/2015, 6:28 PM
Not sure why they needed a press conference to announce that but I suppose it's no harm.

disgruntled
11/11/2015, 7:30 PM

According to Tommy 4-5-1 is actually 4-3-3.
I remember a lot of our crowd giving out about 4-5-1 when Tommy was in Cork.
What are they getting now with JC ?
4-5-1 ;)

Martinho II
11/11/2015, 9:21 PM
Noel Haverty is confirmed as staying with us another year. Club announced this on twitter a/c

outspoken
11/11/2015, 9:26 PM
Not sure why they needed a press conference to announce that but I suppose it's no harm.

I think it looks very professional fair play to them.

bluewhitearmy
11/11/2015, 9:27 PM
Freddy Hall signs on for 2 more years at Limerick.

bluewhitearmy
11/11/2015, 9:51 PM
Add Shane Tracy to the list of 2 year deals at Limerick.

Longfordian
11/11/2015, 9:58 PM
I think it looks very professional fair play to them.

Press conferences generally can be good it just seems a bit odd when it's just your existing manager renewing and you don't have anything else to announce. A press release would be more usual in those circumstances. But as I said it's no real harm.

outspoken
11/11/2015, 10:03 PM
Press conferences generally can be good it just seems a bit odd when it's just your existing manager renewing and you don't have anything else to announce. A press release would be more usual in those circumstances. But as I said it's no real harm.

We don't do either so it's good to see clubs trying to make themselves look more professional.

Longfordian
11/11/2015, 10:10 PM
Good point.

nigel-harps1954
11/11/2015, 10:11 PM
Are Limerick fans happy with the re-signing of Hall? I thought he looked awful over the two games against us, but maybe that's a bit of a misrepresentation of the rest of his time with Limerick.

Jofspring
11/11/2015, 10:16 PM
Delighted with the re-signing. He saved us on a few occasions and was a massive part to play in our run. The only times he struggled was when being asked to play it out from the back. If we settle down and not go so risky at the back he will be fine. He was rock solid from high balls, corners, one on ones and reaction saves. Maybe let himself down a little at free kicks on the edge of the box.

osarusan
11/11/2015, 10:18 PM
Are Limerick fans happy with the re-signing of Hall? I thought he looked awful over the two games against us, but maybe that's a bit of a misrepresentation of the rest of his time with Limerick.

I'm happy.

I think he's a very good keeper and specifically shot-stopper. Made brilliant and crucial saves against Bohs, Cork, and Sligo (penalty).

I can't really think of much that would have given theat impression against Harps. The only thing I'd think of is that he should have been screaming at Kanyuka to get rid of it before the goal, but he should never have had to do that anyway.

Jofspring
11/11/2015, 10:19 PM
Limerick:

Freddy Hall
Shaun Kelly
Shane Tracey
Paudie O'Connor
Killian Brouder (19's but a big prospect)
Sean McSweeney(same as Killian)

bluewhitearmy
11/11/2015, 10:38 PM
Thrilled to have Freddy back the run started when he came in really, was badly let down by the defence and risky play in front of him but he is a very good keeper. Not a hope we would get anyone nearly as good as him if he left.

outspoken
11/11/2015, 10:39 PM

He looks a good shot stopper but very slow off his line, I think he's over rated.

nigel-harps1954
11/11/2015, 10:53 PM
Maybe Limerick fans are just happy to have someone who isn't Conor O'Donnell? Can't blame them either tbh..

Acornvilla
11/11/2015, 10:58 PM
O'Donnell was amazingly bad for a keeper at that level. Hall is pretty decent under a high ball and a very good shot stopper. I'm not a fan of him with the ball at his feet, but even keepers at the highest level of world football are often pretty crap in that regard. Limerick overplaying the ball and making him play it so much can cause problems and will be an issue no matter what league they play in and no matter what keeper they have.

I don't think he's brilliant, but I'd have him starting for Longford fwiw.

bluewhitearmy
11/11/2015, 11:09 PM
He looks a good shot stopper but very slow off his line, I think he's over rated.

He is actually very quick off his line its one of the first things people noticed about him when he came.

Nah Nah Nah Nah
12/11/2015, 7:52 AM
Sligo Rovers

Gary Boylan
Regan Donelon
Benny The Bull

Longfordian
12/11/2015, 8:33 AM
This is Benny's year.

outspoken
12/11/2015, 9:45 AM
He is actually very quick off his line its one of the first things people noticed about him when he came.

He seemed to get caught out once or twice this season chasing out for ball, What age is he out of interest?

Jofspring
12/11/2015, 10:07 AM
He seemed to get caught out once or twice this season chasing out for ball, What age is he out of interest?

He's 30 as far as I know. He's a big lad so certainly not a speedster but he reads the ball well enough to get out and close down players.

avvenalaf
12/11/2015, 2:26 PM
I'm happy.

I think he's a very good keeper and specifically shot-stopper. Made brilliant and crucial saves against Bohs, Cork, and Sligo (penalty).

I can't really think of much that would have given theat impression against Harps. The only thing I'd think of is that he should have been screaming at Kanyuka to get rid of it before the goal, but he should never have had to do that anyway.

Paddy McGinty's goat would have saved Dinny Corcoran's penalty.

nigel-harps1954
12/11/2015, 2:37 PM
A lot of support for Hall it seems.

I'll just point out a few things.

He's crap at organising his defence. While Kanyuka is a disaster himself, there was little communication between him and Hall at all between the two play-off games. The Funston goal was an accident waiting to happen. The two of them also seemed to forget how to shout to each other in the first leg when Banda ended up rounding Hall before shooting wide. That could have been averted much easier with a shout to clear the ball.

In the first leg, Hall (who is supposedly brilliant under the high ball) came out to catch a very simple ball, a routine catch, but instead decided to swipe at thin air and missed his catch completely, only saved by Boyle putting it wide from a tight angle.

His kicking is brutal for the most part. Under any sort of pressure his kicking was very wayward. Also put under any sort of pressure by a forward he completely sh!ts the nest.

He does look a good shot-stopper though, which I suppose in itself is essential at any sort of level of goalkeeping.

Maybe I haven't seen enough of him, but I thought he was very poor altogether and I'd gladly keep Ciaran Gallagher over him any day.

LK37oldskool
12/11/2015, 5:18 PM
I cannot agree with anything you say about Hall, your basing your judgement on 2 games which he didn't play brilliantly but was not as bad as you portray. His kick outs and general distribution is excellent. He overall contribution to defence was very good and gave confidence to the back 4. With a different centre half in place of kanyuka I'd reckon we'll keep the most clean sheets in div 1.

bluewhitearmy
12/11/2015, 5:55 PM
Mad how different things can look over a short space of time compared to seeing a lot of him he has without a doubt the best distribution I have ever seen from a goalkeeper.

Nah Nah Nah Nah
12/11/2015, 6:07 PM
Sligo Rovers

Gary Boylan
Regan Donelon
John Russell (on a 2 year deal last season it turns out)

bluewhitearmy
12/11/2015, 8:23 PM
Robbie Williams signs one year deal with Limerick.

thomas72
12/11/2015, 8:30 PM
Robbie Williams signs one year deal with Limerick.

Great news that's 4 of last year's first 11 resigned already
Hearing sean Russell and paul o connor could be next????

Jofspring
12/11/2015, 8:35 PM
Great news that's 4 of last year's first 11 resigned already
Hearing sean Russell and paul o connor could be next????

Have heard Paul O Connor could happen despite interest from elsewhere but Sean Russell is likely leaving. Wouldn't blame Sean for moving on. He had some bey bad games but in fairness to him I've seen a lot worse for us over the years and in the last few games he put in a good shift for us. Didn't really deserve as much abuse as he got.

Longfordian
12/11/2015, 8:38 PM
Twitter's Pat Flynn guesting for LTFC in 2016.

bluewhitearmy
12/11/2015, 8:51 PM
Have heard Paul O Connor could happen despite interest from elsewhere but Sean Russell is likely leaving. Wouldn't blame Sean for moving on. He had some bey bad games but in fairness to him I've seen a lot worse for us over the years and in the last few games he put in a good shift for us. Didn't really deserve as much abuse as he got.

As much as it wasn't deserved for him to be slagged off I don't think too much actually happened one game of people shouting to take him off at Martin and twice cheered when he was taken off. Now its horrible for a young lad I am sure and he didn't deserve it but more so on Twitter it was been blown out of all proportion. Have to give it to him though he handled it brilliantly and instead of going off on a sulk he worked even harder and put in his better performances after it.

Keeping O'Conor would be huge think he was massively under-rated.

Jofspring
12/11/2015, 9:37 PM
Thought O'Connor was anonymous up till mid July and then in August he just came alive. Was like a new signing.

Aaron
12/11/2015, 10:05 PM
Donal O'Brien appointed Derry City assistant manager

disgruntled
13/11/2015, 11:32 AM
Greg Bolger signs for Cork City.

nigel-harps1954
13/11/2015, 11:57 AM
Donal O'Brien appointed Derry City assistant manager

Expecting half of Cockhill Celtic to sign there now.