4. Stephen Grey (Drogheda United)
5. Colin Hawkins (Bohemians)
6. Stuart Byrne (Shelbourne)
7. Alan Moore (Shelbourne)
8. Keith Fahey (St Patrick's Athletic)
9. Jason Byrne (Shelbourne)
10. Daryl Murphy (Waterford United)
11. Liam Kearney (Cork City)

What do we think ? all agreed ? Personally i'd have Danny O'Connor in ahead of Hawkins. Other than that it looks pretty good, Maybe Kevin Doyle in ahead of Stuey Byrne

patsh
22/12/2004, 11:32 AM
What a joke...:rolleyes:

Hawkins? - He made an effort for about the last two months of the season only
Dillon? - Horgan, Frost, Bennett are just three players who were better
Keith Fahy? - Ha Ha Ha Ha....:rolleyes:
S. Byrne - :rolleyes:

Hibs4Ever
22/12/2004, 11:52 AM
Keith Fahey had a GREAT season, and totally deserves it

Slash/ED
22/12/2004, 12:03 PM

What could you have against these selections? Stuey was possibley the best mid fielder in the league last season and Fahey is absolutley superb.

However, what Alan Moore and Hawkins are doing in there I do not know. Moore was pretty much rubbish in the league and only played half a season and Hawkins was a running joke for most of the season

Cosmo
22/12/2004, 12:15 PM
Cant understand how Trevor Molloy didn't make that team.

Also id agree with the bray fan - danny o connor should have been in that team without any doubt. I'd have him there before Hawkins and Gray.

Danny was better for us this season than Gray - bot many people outside of drogs supporters seem to realsie that :rolleyes:

Slash/ED
22/12/2004, 12:16 PM
Cant understand how Trevor Molloy didn't make that team.

Because he got something like five goals all season.

Cosmo
22/12/2004, 12:52 PM
Goals aren't everything - if you're going by that theory you're automatically saying that theres no point in mentioning forwards in teams of the year as they're automatically given to the 2 top goal scorers - not much thought in that is there? :rolleyes: - performance wise, he's been absolutely brilliant for rovers and has been very impressive. Would've been the perfect signing for us if Myler eventually leaves

Slash/ED
22/12/2004, 12:53 PM
He was good but wasn't nearly as good as Murphy or Byrne, or others you could have picked. I know goals aren't everything but five is a pathetic amount fo a striker really, that does count for something.

patsh
22/12/2004, 1:00 PM
Keith Fahey had a GREAT season, and totally deserves itIt's easy to look great when you are playing with a less than mediocre team. He played well for SPA but never had to step up to the mark at any stage during the season.I only saw him against us, and on his performance in those games, he wouldn't have even got on the bench with City.
Billy Woods, Kevin Doyle, George O'Callaghan are three players who had far better seasons, and at the business end of the table too, than Fahey.
Alan Kirby had a better season than him and I bet plenty of posters could name more.

Byrne had a good season, but you could say the same about a dozen midfielders this season. Reynolds, O'Callaghan, O'Brien, MacChrystal or Lynch were just as good if not better.

joeSoap
22/12/2004, 1:04 PM
Just read that team three times to be sure....No Kevin Doyle ?? :confused:

Enough said about the tossers that pick that team.Pathetic.

Slash/ED
22/12/2004, 1:10 PM
Byrne had a good season, but you could say the same about a dozen midfielders this season. Reynolds, O'Callaghan, O'Brien, MacChrystal or Lynch were just as good if not better.

Lynch!? As in Damien? He must have played central mid field less than 10 times all season. Byrne had O'Callaghan in his back pocket in Turners Cross in the 1-0 game that he got a cracker in. None of those were as good as Stuey Byrne who was argubley, along with Heary, our best player in Europe. I'm amazed you single Stuey out and not Alan Moore, Byrne is far more deserving of his place there than Moore.

paudie
22/12/2004, 1:12 PM
Kevin Doyle would have to be in it, even if at the expense of Kearney. Kearney had a good season but not good enough to be in the team of the season IMO.

patsh
22/12/2004, 1:13 PM
Byrne had O'Callaghan in his back pocket in Turners Cross in the 1-0 game that he got a cracker in.One good game?
He was almost anonymous in the other three against us.
I didn't complain about Moore because I thought he looked far better than Byrne in the games between us, which I am mostly basing my judgements on.

Slash/ED
22/12/2004, 1:15 PM
One good game?
He was almost anonymous in the other three against us.
I didn't complain about Moore because I thought he looked far better than Byrne in the games between us, which I am mostly basing my judgements on.

Well Byrne did far more against Cork than O'Callaghan did against Shels. Byrne was our best mid fielder last season, far better than Moore and he had a better season than any of the others mentioned there, he was possibley the best mid fielder in the league last season and was outstanding in Europe.

patsh
22/12/2004, 1:30 PM
Well Byrne did far more against Cork than O'Callaghan did against Shels. Byrne was our best mid fielder last season, far better than Moore and he had a better season than any of the others mentioned there, he was possibley the best mid fielder in the league last season and was outstanding in Europe.Well one presumes Byrne was picked for more than the games against Cork, and O'Callaghan was outstanding in so many games this season, possibly the best and most exciting midfielder in the league and Geroge was outstanding in Europe. I totally disagree with the decision on 11-a-side, and whatever you say about Byrne can be said much more so about O'Callaghan. The team that gets second in the league, beat a top Swedish team home and away during a great European run, gets ONE player in the team?

Total f*cking joke....:rolleyes:

De Town
22/12/2004, 3:14 PM
Hawkins? - He made an effort for about the last two months of the season only
Dillon? - Horgan, Frost, Bennett are just three players who were better

Agree on Hawkins and Fahy to a lesser extent but how can you justify the other 2? Dillo was brilliant this year and while I agree, the other 3 you mentioned played well this season, Dillo totally deserved it.

As for Stuie, he's the best midfielder in the league and possibly the best player.

pete
22/12/2004, 3:39 PM
Alan Moore looked good in europe but nothing too special in the league.

I'd be surprised if any Bohs fans would back Hawkins based on last season alone.

Amazed Kevin Doyle not selected. :eek:

Troy.McClure
22/12/2004, 7:31 PM
Seeing as Kevin Doyle could (should) have got in the team in 2 positions, the fact that he didnt get in at either of them just makes the team a joke, who came up with the team? Usually they have polls.