PDA

View Full Version : Well Done the Harps

vinnie
06/11/2015, 9:32 PM
Well done Finn Harps on your promotion to the Big League :D

Commiserations to Limerick, it wasn't from lack of effort in the last 12 games, fair play for the fight back but the last hurdle was a step too far, straight back up I hope next year

White Horse
06/11/2015, 9:33 PM
Congratulation to the Harps. Well deserved play-off win.

NeverFeltBetter
06/11/2015, 9:45 PM
Well done Finn Harps on your promotion to the Big League :D

Commiserations to Limerick, it wasn't from lack of effort in the last 12 games, fair play for the fight back but the last hurdle was a step too far, straight back up I hope next year

That's debatable anyway.

legendz
07/11/2015, 8:18 AM
Congratulations to Finn Harps on their promotion.

colonelwest
07/11/2015, 1:55 PM
Congrats to Harps on a deserved win and promotion, commiserations to Limerick on falling short at the last hurdle after nearly the greatest escape there would have been. Plenty of potential in both clubs to push on whether promoted or relegated and hopefully both do just that.

nigel-harps1954
11/11/2015, 5:49 PM
Thought this suited in here:

http://www.donegalsporthub.com/finn-harps-the-2015-season-in-numbers/

Harps season in numbers.

Includes this incredible statistic:

10,382 – The Finn Harps team bus will have clocked up a staggering 10,382 kilometres in traveling from Navenny Street in Ballybofey to the various venues at which Ollie Horgan’s men played in 2015

El-Pietro
12/11/2015, 7:28 AM
Thought this suited in here:

http://www.donegalsporthub.com/finn-harps-the-2015-season-in-numbers/

Harps season in numbers.

Includes this incredible statistic:

10,382 – The Finn Harps team bus will have clocked up a staggering 10,382 kilometres in traveling from Navenny Street in Ballybofey to the various venues at which Ollie Horgan’s men played in 2015

Reminds me of a comment I saw on twitter from a Shels fan, something along the lines of "traveled over 900 miles for nothing". I thought that was funny as a single trip to Derry and back was about 1,000 km for me.

seand
12/11/2015, 7:53 AM
900 miles?! Would cover about a third of my travel for home games! I'd hazard a guess that Harps' bus will be topping the 10,000km again, there's some serious geographic spread in the Premier now.

nigel-harps1954
12/11/2015, 12:35 PM
900 miles?! Would cover about a third of my travel for home games! I'd hazard a guess that Harps' bus will be topping the 10,000km again, there's some serious geographic spread in the Premier now.

Don't think it'll come near 10,000 again. That included twice away to Wexford, Waterford, Cork and closest away trips to Dublin and Athlone.

Taking Limericks fixtures this year, if you replace Limerick with Harps and Drogheda with Wexford, away travel for Harps would have accounted to 7,669km, including away twice to Cork, Bray, Galway, Sligo and Wexford, three of those being the longest journeys Harps will face in Cork, Bray and Wexford in the Premier.

The fact we'll have more local derbies this year cuts down significantly on away trips.

Besides, that 900 mile quip is quite laughable. I made a 530 mile round trip just to home games. Must actually calculate how much travel I done myself this season. This petrol isn't cheap after all..

GCdfc
13/11/2015, 1:30 PM
Well done Harps. I say it begrudgingly as I now can't kill two birds with the one stone. My in-laws are in Limerick and so I could at least get a visit out of the way as well as see Dundalk play.

osarusan
13/11/2015, 5:12 PM
Tell them if they loved you they would move to Donegal.