PDA

View Full Version : Clare Junior Soccer

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54

Pauliwallnuts
21/12/2004, 6:27 PM
The Clare and district league went down 1-0 to the Cork AUL side at Digifone Park in Ennis in the Oscar Traynor Cup and therefore last season's champions failed to qualify for the knock out stages of this season's competition.

The door was finally close when news came through from Leeside that the West Cork league had beaten the Cork Shipping league 4-1.

Total disaster this considering the players available to be picked.

On another note Bridge Celtic & Newtown are the only Clare sides left in this years FAI Junior Cup. Hard to believe really considering the Bridge are a 1st division side & Newtown are not great.

The likes of Bunratty,Bridge Utd,Newmarket & Avenue should be doing a hell of alot better than they are in the national competition.

clownboy
22/12/2004, 6:27 AM
The Clare league lost a few handey players in the last few years though in fairness...O'Grady eade O'neill and Shane O'Connor as well as davey wall so fair play for having 2 teams in the last 32

CousinSylDolan
23/12/2004, 8:37 AM
Its great to see Bridge Celtic do well but they pulled a lot of players from the Tipp league for this season. If they do not get promoted this year they never will. As for Newtown....has any team ever got an easier Fai draw. I mean they have beaten no-body so far and who knows anything about West Utd who they play next. If they get thru them they will be home to a team a division below them in theur own league. I'd fancy Bridge Celtic to wax Newtown though if Newtown beat West.

As for the other "big" teams in Clare. Newmarket have not put a Munster or Fai run together in the last 10 years. Bridge Utd and Bunratty are trying to re-build teams. Bunratty lost 8 of last years double winning team so thats hard to recover from. Declan Adams was a big loss and he scored the winner in the Oscar Traynor final last year and cant nail a place down for Park Rangers now... Strange really. Avenue have a very young team this year and are trying to re-build too.

Pauliwallnuts
24/12/2004, 6:49 PM
I agree Cous with you about Bridge Celtic. If they don't get promoted this year they never will. They have a hell of a good side this year. They are very strong at the back especially. Played them this year in the 2nd round of the FAI & while they were lucky enough to beat us with a deflected goal I thought their defence was absolutely excellent. They were up against the 2 Donnellans (both ex Limerick City) who are as you probably know excellent players & the lads didn't get a sniff of a chance. Match could have gone either way but I think they probably deserved it overall. Great to see them do so well in the FAI & if Newtown do advance I think they'll easily dispose of them.

Bunratty are fairly screwed this year allright.
To lose so many is next to impossible to recover from.

Don't know if I agree entirely about Bridge Utd rebuilding a team.
Most of the players are the same as whats been there for the last few years.
You'd have to fancy them to win the league again.They've won all their matches so far.

Again I'd agree with you about Avenue.Alot of young lads there. Have to say that their B team is feckin class. Can't really understand why some of them aren't playin premier football. Alot of those guys have won everything there is to win in Clare Football. Seems that they formed the B-Team just to complete their medal collections. They absolutely ****ed the 3rd division last year & will probably do the same in the 2nd.

As for Newmarket don't get why they don't do better with the pick they have.
Always there or there abouts but never really gettin anywhere.

Anyway Predictions for this year in the CFL are as follows

I'll probably get slated but sur so what

Premier Champions--Bridge Utd
Runners Up---------Newmarket Celtic
Relegated----------Connoly Celtic
Relegated----------Cratloe Celtic
Relegated----------Lifford/Oldtown

1st Division Champs-Bridge Celtic A
Runners Up---------Kilkishen Celtic A
Also Promoted------Corofin Harps
Relegated----------Kilrush Rangers
Relegated----------Bunratty B

2nd Division Champs-Avenue Utd B
Runners Up----------Hermitage
Relegated-----------Cratloe Celtic B
Relegated-----------CooraClare Celtic
Relegated-----------Bridge Utd B

3rd Division Champs--Kilkee
Runners Up----------Ennistymon Town
Also Promoted-------Shannon Olympic B

Murphman
02/01/2005, 8:08 AM
QUOTE - CousinSylDolan - "Its great to see Bridge
Celtic do well but they pulled a lot of players from
the Tipp league for this season".

Bridge Celtic only got 1 player from Tipp league
(David Hickey from Ballina/Killaloe) and 1 player
from Killaloe (Ricky Moatt) who played with Kincora
last year in Clare 2nd Div.So to say they pulled
alot of players in from Tipp league wouldn't be
accurate.Any other "new" players are young local lads.

On another note, Its a shame to see Clares oscar
traynor side out..Its always good to have your
County represented in the big competitions.

Pauliwallnuts
02/01/2005, 7:29 PM
Murphman do you know what happened with Kincora
Are they gone ???

Supersub
02/01/2005, 7:37 PM
Declan Adams was a big loss and he scored the winner in the Oscar Traynor final last year and cant nail a place down for Park Rangers now... Strange really.

As I have posted on the LDMC thread , went to see Park Rangers today and Declan Adams WAS playing. He played very well and caused all sorts of problems for Summerville. Did miss a sitter though but was impressed with him. Had not seen him much at all this season in the Lim League.

CousinSylDolan
04/01/2005, 1:12 PM
I see Newtown were dumped out of the Fai by West Utd from Galway. 2.0 in Doora.... :D

I hear it was a most awful game and 2 very bad sides. 2 mistakes by Newtown gifted 2 goals by all accounts. Bridge Celtic now travel to Galway looking for a place in the last 16. Lets hope they can do it. The only info I got on West Utd were that they are strong and physical but do not have many decent players. Their keeper was their best player.

Murphman
04/01/2005, 7:22 PM
Pauliwallnuts - "Murphman do you know what happened with Kincora
Are they gone ???"

Killaloe has no soccer team at the moment, Kincora folded last year due to lack of interest..Players weren't fully committed, eventhough they have some great players in the area.
Not forgetting in recent years that killaloes first soccer team Derg rovers also folded in recent seasons.
Both of Bridge Celtic's latest signings as mentioned in earlier comments played with kincora and Birdhill(Tipp League).
Most of the players from Kincora are now playing with Boher F.C (From Ballina) in the bottom Tipp league.

I went to see the F.A.I game between Newtown and West last Sunday - very windy day and both teams didn't play great football.In my opinion Newtown were unlucky, the first half was bad and neither team deserved to be leading at the break but it was a mistake that left West in for the opener. In Fairness to newtown they came out in the second half and imposed themselves on the game and deserved an equaliser...but as so often in these close games a defensive slip can cost you.With newtown well up the pitch they were caught on a breakaway attack and West got the decisive goal.
West are physical and the keeper probably did look their best player eventhough he had very little to do - he looks confident and sharp.
Hopefully Bridge Celtic can get that priceless spot in the last 16, it would some achievement for a small club and area and not forgetting they are now the only team left representing the Clare League.

On another note - fixtures for clare first division look interesting...
Next sunday Kilkishen V's Bridge Celtic (surely the biggest game of the season so far) and Rock Rvrs v's Corofin(recently beaten by Bridge Celtic in Shield final)

CousinSylDolan
05/01/2005, 8:55 AM
Kilkishen vs Bridge Celtic is a huge one in the 1st division. Rock and Corofin is a hard one to call too though. I'll go for 2 away wins.... :confused: :confused: :confused:

Bridge Utd could have a sticky one in the Premier to keep the 100% record going....away to Rineanna.

Pauliwallnuts
05/01/2005, 9:48 PM
2 big games allright if the rain holds off a bit.
The forecast ain't too good & pitches can't be too healthy at the moment.

I'd fancy the Bridge to beat Kilkishen as Kilkishen are missing a load of players.

I'd fancy Rock to beat Corofin based on what I've seen from Rock.
On the otherhand I haven't seen Corofin this year so I don't really know.

CousinSylDolan
06/01/2005, 10:19 AM
I saw Corofin once this season and they were only alright. Same as every other year really. Not many great players but they fight hard for everything and if its a row you want then there is no better team to play.

Rock will be missing Shane Daniels though as far as I know as he was called into the Clare Senior football team. Not a great sign for Clare football I know. I think they are playing UCC in the McGrath cup on Sunday so he will be on that team. He will be a big loss to Rock Rovers.

Weather not promised good though so dont be surprised if its another blanket call off.

Who are Kilkishen missing??????? They will need all the big guns this weekend for that game vs Celtic. Kilkishen look good going forward with the Donnellans, Canny and Paul Murphy but are they still weak at the back. They have never really had a decent keeper either. Bridge Celtic might have one eye on the Fai game in Galway the following week so might be a good time to play them.

Pauliwallnuts
06/01/2005, 11:15 PM
True about Kilkishen being weak at the back but they have just signed the Lifford Keeper who was on the Oscar Traynor team before Radu Sulc. Can't remember his name now but he had lost his place to the guy who played in this years Oscar traynor team. I've never seen him but I hear he's handy.

They also signed Denis Murphy from Tulla at the begining of the season & he's a big addition.

All 3 Donnellans are out. Stevie dislocated his shoulder against Kilmaley & is out for some time. Brian & Paddy are playing football for Clare don't know for which teams. Theres a few more out as well but not sure who.
All in all they are down to the bare bones.

So if this weeks games happen the Bridge should definately win but you never know.You could be right in saying they may have their eye on the FAI game but I'd say promotion is their no.1 aim

CousinSylDolan
07/01/2005, 12:35 PM
All games in Clare this weekend are called off because of the weather,
Good call really as pitches would in ****e if any games were played...

clownboy
10/01/2005, 9:57 AM
I dont see why he would want To...He seems to be getting on great with Fairview and plays all the time...Excellent player and he would be a big loss to the view as he scores a lot of goals for them.

CousinSylDolan
17/01/2005, 7:33 AM
Does anyone know did Bridge Celtic win in Galway vs West Utd in the Fai yesterday. :confused: :confused: :confused:

gaffer
17/01/2005, 8:20 AM
Bridge Celtic lost 3-1 yesterday. They took the lead after 30 seconds but could not hold on.

CousinSylDolan
17/01/2005, 8:43 AM
Thats a pity but at least they can concentrate on promotion ambitions. Realistically they were not going to get much further in the fai anyway....

They are away to Kilmaley next Sunday.... Kilkishen are home to Special Olympic.....

gaffer
17/01/2005, 9:52 AM
Have the next weeks fixtures been posted up somewhere.
Weather is to be bad again this week matches may not go ahead.
Jim Madden was speaking over the weekend about trying to change
the season to the summer months same as league of Ireland
not sure if this would work, soccer would be in direct competition
with the GAA then?

CousinSylDolan
17/01/2005, 10:07 AM
I get the fixtures every Monday off Ml Lydon....

They are as follows....

Lynch Hotels Clare & District Soccer League Fixtures
Saturday 22/01/05
F.A.I Youths Inter League Cup
Digifone Park: Clare V Galway
Referee: P.Markham 2.30
Assistant Referees: P.Cullen, M.O`Halloran

Sunday 23/01/05
Munster Junior Cup 4th Round
Ruan: Lifford A.F.C. V Maymount Celtic (Cork)
Referee: M.O`Brien 2.00
Assistant Referees: D.McCarthy, P.Dunne

Note: In event of a draw 10 mins e/w extra time & penalty’s if necessary.

Maloney Hardware Shannon Premier Division League

Bunratty: Bunratty A V Connolly Celtic
J.Deniffee 2.00

Newmarket: Newmarket Celtic A V Rinnanna Rovers A
P.Cullen 11.00

Sixmilebridge: Cratloe Celtic A V Bridge United A
P.Markham 11.00

Fairgreen: Avenue United A V Newtown A
M.O`Halloran 11.00

Clare Hire & Sales First Division League
Tiermaclane: Kilmaley United V Bridge Celtic A
P.Mulready 11.00

Kilkishen: Kilkishen Celtic A V Shannon Olympic A
A.Murphy 2.30

Tiermaclane: Rock Rovers V Bunratty B
F.Coote 11.00

CBS Kilrush: Kilrush Rangers V Mountshannon Celtic
T.McInerney 2.00

SEL Print Second Division League
Kilmhill: St.Pats A V Cratloe Celtic B
J.McCarthy 2.00

Kildysart: Kildysart Celtic V Tullycrine Celtic
J.McCarthy 11.00

Fairgreen: Hermitage V Bridge United B
M.O`Halloran 2.00

Cooraclare: Cooraclare Celtic V Avenue United B
T.McInerney 11.00

Doolin: Burren United V Turnpike Rovers
J.Stanford 11.00

Suttons Lighting Third Division League
O`Briensbridge: Bridge Celtic B V Newmarket Celtic B
D.Brosnan 11.00

Kilkishen: Kilkishen Celtic B V Rinnanna Rovers B
A.Murphy 11.00

Quin: Rhine Rovers V Shannon Olympic B
P.Markham 2.00

Ballycasey: Newtown B V Ennistymon Celtic
D.Cunningham 2.00

Tiermaclane: Manus Celtic V Kilkee
D.Cunningham 11.00

Note: would all home teams ring in results immediately after games to Michael Lydon 065-6839349. Failure to do it will result in an automatic 30 euro fine.

Note: Any club seeking a free weekend must do so at least two weeks in writing to Michael Lydon for Consideration, also once fixtures appear in the paper under no circumstances will games be called off.

Murphman
20/01/2005, 2:52 PM
"The Chairman of the Clare and district Soccer League Jim Madden has backed calls for the county's league to be played during the Summer as the fixture list was wiped out for the third weekend in a row.

"If you look at the success of the Mayo league you will find that some of their players are being considered for League of Ireland player status" he said.

"More and more players and officials are coming around to this way of thinking in that games could be played between midweek and Friday evening leaving the weekend free and making the sport more family friendly."

"If you look at the league of Ireland you will see games starting as late as 7.30pm and floodlights are seldom used and attendance figures have improved. It also cuts down on the risk of injury and the firm under footing will add to the skills of the game" Madden said."

This was reported on Clare Fm, any views?

Would it be good for the game or would players/teams be disrupted with local Gaa clashing?

Also with changing to Summer, wouldn't it be better to restructure the divisions or split into East/West Clare. If games are to be played on weekday evenings, travelling would be cut considerably with a split league .i.e North/South Tipp.

backodanet
24/01/2005, 12:08 PM
seeing as west utd have beaten 2 clare teams have any of yee seen them and if so do yee rate them?

backodanet
24/01/2005, 12:38 PM
thanks handyman do the where celtic colours?

CousinSylDolan
24/01/2005, 12:38 PM
They are not a good side really and have only got to the last 16 cos of a handy enough draw. Theie best player is the goalkeeper. He played well when the beat Newtown 2-0.

Here's the fixtures for next weekend...

Saturday 29/01/05

Gallivan Kennedy Youths League Section A
Newmarket: Newmarket Celtic V Bunratty
M.O`Halloran 2.00

Fairgreen: Turnpike Rovers V Bridge United
J.Stanford 2.00

Gallivan Kennedy Youths League Section B
Kilmhill: St.Pats V Kilkishen Celtic P.Gleeson 2.00

Sunday 30/01/05
Munster Junior Cup 4th Round
Nenagh: Nenagh Town V Newtown F.C. Tipperary Officials 2.00

Rinnanna: Rinnanna Rovers V Castleview (Cork)
Referee: D.McCarthy 2.00
Assistant Referees: P.Markham, M.O`Halloran

Note: In event of a draw 10 mins e/w extra time & penalty’s if necessary.

Lahinch: Moher Celtic V Lifford A.F.C
P.Dunne 2.00

Bunratty: Bunratty A V Connolly Celtic
P.Cullen 2.00

Newmarket: Newmarket Celtic A V Avenue United A
P.Mulready 11.00

Sixmilebridge: Cratloe Celtic A V Bridge United A
A.Murphy 2.00

Norrie Henceys: Tulla United A V Corofin Harps
P.Markham 11.00

Kilkishen: Kilkishen Celtic A V Shannon Olympic A
A.Murphy 11.00

Tiermaclane: Rock Rovers V Bunratty B
F.Coote 11.00

CBS Kilrush: Kilrush Rangers V Mountshannon Celtic
T.McInerney 2.00

Tiermaclane: Kilmaley United V Bridge Celtic A
M.O`Halloran 11.00

Kilmhill: St.Pats A V Cratloe Celtic B
J.McCarthy 2.00

Kildysart: Kildysart Celtic V Tullycrine Celtic
J.McCarthy 11.00

Fairgreen: Hermitage V Bridge United B
P.Gleeson 11.00

Cooraclare: Cooraclare Celtic V Avenue United B
T.McInerney 11.00

Doolin: Burren United V Turnpike Rovers
J.Stanford 11.00

O`Briensbridge: Bridge Celtic B V Newmarket Celtic B
D.Brosnan 11.00

Shannon: Shannon Olympic B V St.Pats B
F.Coote 2.00

Kilkishen: Kilkishen Celtic B V Rinnanna Rovers B
P.Gleeson 2.00

Quin: Rhine Rovers V Tulla United B
D.Cunningham 2.00

Tiermaclane: Manus Celtic V Kilkee
D.Cunningham 11.00

Note: would all home teams ring in results immediately after games to Michael Lydon 065-6839349. Failure to do it will result in an automatic 30 euro fine.

Note: Any club seeking a free weekend must do so at least two weeks in writing to Michael Lydon for Consideration, also once fixtures appear in the paper under no circumstances will games be called off.

clownboy
24/01/2005, 12:59 PM
Mike o malley the traitor left newmarket to join fairview.We all thought he was a newmarket man for life :p :eek: :D :cool:

Fair play to him for trying it out with a better team ..good luck to him

Pauliwallnuts
24/01/2005, 1:25 PM
Thanks for that CousinSylDolan.

Lets hope we can actually get some games on this weekend.
I'm going stir crazy at the moment.

How do you manage to get the fixtures off Lydon so quickly ???

Handy to know though so keep up the good work.

CousinSylDolan
24/01/2005, 2:20 PM
I get the fixtures thru a friend who gets them off Lydon.

Its a disaster the weather alright these days. Its hard to keep temas training each week when there is no sign of a game cos of the weather....

Pauliwallnuts
24/01/2005, 4:07 PM
So what do you all think of playing the league during the summer months??

From a playing point of view it would be great but I do feel the league would be severly weakened through loosing players to the GAA.

Its all well & good telling players to commit to either one or the other code but inevitably the GAA will win any war there.

Its a pity that it has to be like that but thats the way it is & it ain't going to change anytime soon.

Teams from rural areas would be decimated meaning that the Shannon & Ennis teams would win everything.

CousinSylDolan
25/01/2005, 7:17 AM
I would be all for summer soccer. I dont see the Gaa as being the main problem though. I think the fact the Fai and Munster Junior Cups would still be played from Sept to May would make it a 12 month season for some of the Premier clubs who go well in these competitions. If all counties changed to summer soccer it would be fine as these competitions could change too but unless they do it would not work.

Murphman
30/01/2005, 10:44 PM
:ball: Kilmaley beat Bridge celtic 4-1 at Tiermaclane today.

CousinSylDolan
31/01/2005, 7:11 AM
Lads,

A few shocks around so in the league games yesterday.

Munster Junior
Rineanna 1 Castleview 1
Castleview won 5-3 on pens.

Prem
Newmarket 2 Avenue 0
Bunratty 4 Connolly 2
Cratloe 3 Bridge Utd 1

1st div
Rock Rvs 2 Bunratty B 3
Kilmaley 4 Bridge Celtic 1
Shn Oly 2 Kilkishen 0

I'll post next weeks fixtures as soon as I get them.....

CousinSylDolan
31/01/2005, 10:04 AM
Saturday 05/02/05

Bunratty: Bunratty V Turnpike Rovers
J.Deniffee 2.30

Sixmilebridge: Bridge United v Lifford A.F.C.
A.Murphy 2.30

Kilmhill: St.Pats V Hermitage
J.Stanford 2.30

Lahinch: Moher Celtic V Kilkishen Celtic
P.Gleeson 2.30

Sunday 06/02/05

Lahinch: Moher Celtic V Newmarket Celtic A
P.Dunne 2.00

Ruan: Lifford A.F.C. V Connolly Celtic
P.Cullen 2.30

Fairgreen: Avenue United A v Newtown A
P.Markham 11.00

Rinnanna: Cratloe Celtic A V Rinnanna Rovers A
M.O`Halloran 11.00

Bunratty: Bunratty A V Bridge United A
M.O`Brien 2.30

Norrie Henceys: Tulla United A V Bunratty B
A.Murphy 11.00

Scariff: Mountshannon Celtic V Shannon Olympic A
F.Coote 2.30

Tiermaclane: Rock Rovers V Kilmaley United
F.Coote 11.00

O`Briensbridge: Bridge Celtic A V Kilrush Rangers
A.Murphy 2.00

Corofin: Corofin Harps V Kilkishen Celtic A
D.McCarthy 2.30

Sixmilebridge: Bridge United B V St.Pats A
P.Markham 2.30

Fairgreen: Hermitage V Cratloe Celtic B

P.Gleeson 2.30

Doolin: Burren United V Avenue United B
T.McInerney 11.00

Tullycrine: Tullycrine Celtic V Turnpike Rovers
J.Stanford 11.00

Newmarket: Newmarket Celtic B V Kilkee
D.Cunningham 11.00

Shannon: Shannon Olympic B V Tulla United B
P.Gleeson 11.00

Kilkishen: Kilkishen Celtic B V Newtown B
D.McCarthy 11.00

Kilmhill: St.Pats B V Bridge Celtic B
J.Stanford 2.30

Tiermaclane: Manus Celtic V Rinnanna Rovers B
D.Brosnan 11.00

Pauliwallnuts
31/01/2005, 11:09 AM
Lads some very bad news from yesterdays fixture between Cratloe B & St Pats in Kilmihil.

The referee Johnny McCarthy who I'm sure alot of you will know collapsed during the match & died.

I haven't got all the details yet but on behalf of everybody here & involved with Clare Soccer I'd like to offer my deepest sympathies towards his family & friends.

CousinSylDolan
01/02/2005, 1:23 PM
Lads,

Its just been on Clare Fm that all games have been called off this coming weekend Feb 5/6 as a mark of respect to John McCarthy who died suddenly on Sunday....

Kingdom
01/02/2005, 1:58 PM
Lads ,

Obviously ye have some knowledge of the Clare Soccer Scene , but do any of yous know a guy called Frank Woods? I used to work with him!

CHeers

CousinSylDolan
01/02/2005, 2:57 PM
I remember a Frankie Woods was a manager of Under 18 teams in Ennis about 7/8 years ago. He was involved with Cloughleigh in Ennis.

He would have been manager when Barry Ryan was in goals for Cloughleigh. Barry has since gone on to play for UCD and Shamrock Rovers in the LOI. He was also banned for 6 months for drug use of course.

Would that be the same Frankie. Small stocky lad with a tight haircut... Sound man....

I have not seen or heard of him in about 5/6 years...

Pauliwallnuts
01/02/2005, 5:09 PM
Lads,

Its just been on Clare Fm that all games have been called off this coming weekend Feb 5/6 as a mark of respect to John McCarthy who died suddenly on Sunday....

Proper order too. Its very sad as Johnny was a young man.

Kingdom
01/02/2005, 5:29 PM
I remember a Frankie Woods was a manager of Under 18 teams in Ennis about 7/8 years ago. He was involved with Cloughleigh in Ennis.

He would have been manager when Barry Ryan was in goals for Cloughleigh. Barry has since gone on to play for UCD and Shamrock Rovers in the LOI. He was also banned for 6 months for drug use of course.

Would that be the same Frankie. Small stocky lad with a tight haircut... Sound man....

Yeah thats the guy and thats the team he was in charge of alright. He is very proud of that team. I believe they did well in the FAI Youths cup at the time.
Do you know was Frankie any good on the pitch himself?

Kingdom
01/02/2005, 5:31 PM

He has been working in Dublin during that time. He has only just moved back to Ennis and is working in Limerick.

CousinSylDolan
02/02/2005, 9:04 AM
Dont know about Frankie as a player but he did coach that Cloughleigh team to an Fai Final. They won about 3 of the games on pens and Barry Ryan was outstanding for them. Home Farm beat them in Shannon in the final easily enough.

However the same year Bunratty won 4 of the 5 trophies in Clare. They beat that Cloughleigh team 5 times in 5 meetings. The only competition they did not meet in was the Fai. Bunratty won 24 of 24 league games that season....

It was the 95/96 season I believe.

CousinSylDolan
07/02/2005, 10:19 AM
Saturday 12/02/05

Bunratty: Bunratty V Turnpike Rovers
J.Deniffee 2.30

Sixmilebridge: Bridge United V Lifford A.F.C.
A.Murphy 2.30

Kilmhill: St.Pats V Hermitage
J.Stanford 2.30

Lahinch: Moher Celtic V Kilkishen Celtic
P.Gleeson 2.30

Sunday 13/02/05
F.A.I. Junior Cup 6th Round
Shannon: Park Rangers V Evergreen (Kilkenny)
Referee: P.Cullen 2.00
Assistant Referees: M.O`Halloran, D.McCarthy

Lahinch: Moher Celtic V Newmarket Celtic A
P.Dunne 2.30

Ruan: Lifford A.F.C. V Connolly Celtic
M.O`Brien 2.30

Fairgreen: Avenue United A V Newtown A
P.Markham 11.00

Rinnanna: Cratloe Celtic A V Rinnanna Rovers A
J.Deniffee 11.00

Bunratty: Bunratty A V Bridge United A
P.Markham 2.30

Norrie Henceys: Tulla United A V Bunratty B
A.Murphy 11.00

Tiermaclane: Rock Rovers V Kilmaley United
F.Coote 11.00

O`Briensbridge: Bridge Celtic A V Kilrush Rangers
A.Murphy 2.00

Corofin: Corofin Harps V Kilkishen Celtic A
M.O`Brien 11.00

Sixmilebridge: Bridge United B V Turnpike Rovers
F.Coote 2.30

Fairgreen: Hermitage V Cratloe Celtic B

P.Gleeson 2.30

Doolin: Burren United V St.Pats A
P.Dunne 11.00

Tullycrine: Tullycrine Celtic V Avenue United B
P.Gleeson 11.00

Kildysart: Kildysart Celtic V Cooraclare Celtic
T.McInerney 11.00

Newmarket: Newmarket Celtic B V Kilkee
D.Cunningham 11.00

Shannon: Shannon Olympic B V Tulla United B
D.Cunningham 2.30

Kilkishen: Kilkishen Celtic B V Ennistymon Town
J.Stanford 11.00

Kilmhill: St.Pats B V Bridge Celtic B
T.McInerney 2.30

Tiermaclane: Manus Celtic V Rinnanna Rovers B
D.Brosnan 11.00

Ballycasey: Newtown B V Rhine Rovers
J.Stanford 2.30

guvnor
07/02/2005, 11:37 AM
Will many supporters from the Clare league be going along to riverside park in Shannon this weekend to follow Park Rangers in the FAI cup this coming weekend? Should be a good game..

oldspice
08/02/2005, 2:05 PM
Would like to go along to see and shout for Park, but unfortunately there is a full list of fixtures in the Clare League. It's a pity but as there is such a backlog of fixtures it's probably necessary. Best of luck to Park though, it would be great to see alocal team advance.

guvnor
08/02/2005, 2:09 PM
Would like to go along to see and shout for Park, but unfortunately there is a full list of fixtures in the Clare League. It's a pity but as there is such a backlog of fixtures it's probably necessary. Best of luck to Park though, it would be great to see alocal team advance.

It would be great for them to advance as there team is made up of mostly ex clare league players. Hopefully they will get a decent support anyway and they will keep the "banner" flying.

Goals4fun
09/02/2005, 7:42 AM
It would be great for them to advance as there team is made up of mostly ex clare league players. Hopefully they will get a decent support anyway and they will keep the "banner" flying.

Is that mostly ex-clare league players that came up through the clare schoolboys leagues or players that went to play in clare for a while but originally started off in the limerick league.

Pauliwallnuts
09/02/2005, 7:57 AM
It would probably be a bit of both. There are 5 teams from Shannon.

Park Rangers & Shannon Town who play in the Limerick League &
Newtown, Shannon Olympic, & Rineanna Rovers who play in the Clare League.

Added to that you have Bunratty, Newmarket Celtic, Cratloe Celtic & Bridge Utd all in close proximity to Shannon.

Alot of the players who have played for Park over the years would have played for some of these other clubs beforehand.

Depends where players started out really but Park do seem to sign up a fair few ex Clare League players.

guvnor
09/02/2005, 9:26 AM
Is that mostly ex-clare league players that came up through the clare schoolboys leagues or players that went to play in clare for a while but originally started off in the limerick league.

All these players came through the schoolboys of the following clubs in Clare and are now members of the Park A squad-

Declan Adams - ex Bunratty
Shane O Connor - ex Bunratty
Karl Scott - ex shannon Olympic
Liam Murphy - ex newmarket
Fintan Quinn - ex Bunratty
Darren Ryan - ex Newtown
David Russell - ex Avenue
Sean Mc Donald - ex Newtown

and maybe 1 or 2 more that cant be sure of!!

Goals4fun
09/02/2005, 9:28 AM
It would probably be a bit of both. There are 5 teams from Shannon.

Park Rangers & Shannon Town who play in the Limerick League &
Newtown, Shannon Olympic, & Rineanna Rovers who play in the Clare League.

Added to that you have Bunratty, Newmarket Celtic, Cratloe Celtic & Bridge Utd all in close proximity to Shannon.

Alot of the players who have played for Park over the years would have played for some of these other clubs beforehand.

Depends where players started out really but Park do seem to sign up a fair few ex Clare League players.

I believe the ex-clare league players that they have are
Darren Ryan (park player previous)
The keepr (not sure of name ) (park player previous)
Jamie Cullen (park player previous)
Declan adams (clare league)
Shane O'Connor (clare league)
David Russell (clare league) but does not play
Liam Murphy (clare League)

I presume park have a squad of approx 15 to 20 so that means they have 4 total ex clare league players, however i am sure to be stood corrected.

CousinSylDolan
09/02/2005, 9:53 AM

I presume park have a squad of approx 15 to 20 so that means they have 4 total ex clare league players, however i am sure to be stood corrected.

Darren Whelan is the keeper you are on about. Won a double last year with Bunratty.

Sub Keeper is Fintan Quinn....won a double 4 years ago with Bunratty.

Karl Scott played with Olympic mostly and Bunratty....

guvnor
09/02/2005, 10:11 AM

All these players came through the schoolboys of the following clubs in Clare and are now members of the Park A squad-

Declan Adams - ex Bunratty
Shane O Connor - ex Bunratty
Karl Scott - ex shannon Olympic
Liam Murphy - ex newmarket
Fintan Quinn - ex Bunratty
Darren Ryan - ex Newtown
David Russell - ex Avenue
Sean Mc Donald - ex Newtown

and maybe 1 or 2 more that cant be sure of!!