PDA

View Full Version : Clare Junior Soccer

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54

leftie
11/03/2005, 9:56 AM
I agree to an extent that summer football is not the answer. I would play in a summer league however, and I would actually have no problem playing football all year round. So my question is why could they not run both? They could then see which one the various teams gravitate towards. Indeed maybe some clubs could have teams in both.

The main problems are definately the pitches or the facilities in general. They wish to switch to a summer league because too many weekends are washouts. Well if all teams had pitches with proper drainage that could handle a bit of water then this wouldn't be such an issue. Also some of the pitches are so bad, wet or dry you can't play football on them.

The Clare League should set a minimum standard that all clubs should meet with their pitch. Perhaps any club that's not up to scratch could be given 3 or 5 years or something to sort it out. If they fail they risk expulsion. Another idea perhaps could be that any team that has a certain amount of home games called off is warned or docked points or something.

If the standard of pitches are improved then perhaps facilities and hospitality could be next. Down at Olympic I feel ashamed that teams tog in half a tin box. Even this is an improvement from previous years as at least the away side has a place to change.

What I feel most ashamed about is that we don't look after the away club. While only a token gesture soup and sandwiches after the game is much appreciated and credit is due to the clubs that still offer them. This should be a requirement.

Oh and all this talk about Newtown's great facilities, it's pitches were under several inches of water for quite a few weeks. Hardly aspirational stuff :D

Just my 2c

MadMick
11/03/2005, 10:06 AM
I agree to an extent that summer football is not the answer. I would play in a summer league however, and I would actually have no problem playing football all year round. So my question is why could they not run both? They could then see which one the various teams gravitate towards. Indeed maybe some clubs could have teams in both.

The main problems are definately the pitches or the facilities in general. They wish to switch to a summer league because too many weekends are washouts. Well if all teams had pitches with proper drainage that could handle a bit of water then this wouldn't be such an issue. Also some of the pitches are so bad, wet or dry you can't play football on them.

The Clare League should set a minimum standard that all clubs should meet with their pitch. Perhaps any club that's not up to scratch could be given 3 or 5 years or something to sort it out. If they fail they risk expulsion. Another idea perhaps could be that any team that has a certain amount of home games called off is warned or docked points or something.

If the standard of pitches are improved then perhaps facilities and hospitality could be next. Down at Olympic I feel ashamed that teams tog in half a tin box. Even this is an improvement from previous years as at least the away side has a place to change.

What I feel most ashamed about is that we don't look after the away club. While only a token gesture soup and sandwiches after the game is much appreciated and credit is due to the clubs that still offer them. This should be a requirement.

Oh and all this talk about Newtown's great facilities, it's pitches were under several inches of water for quite a few weeks. Hardly aspirational stuff :D

Just my 2c

Very passionate stuff, but here is a simple question, have you spoken to your club and is there anything that you as a player could do to help the situation, alot of what you say makes sense, but if only one or two people are running the club then how can you expect them to change the situation, the whole club, members, players and comittees have to work together, until this happens your club will only change in the "tin box" to put in the facilities it takes money, time and a little patience and don't forget the people who give there time and effort normally for very little thanks are doing this vonluntarily. Players have to be more proactive in getting involved to resolve a lot of these issues, but it can be done!!!

leftie
11/03/2005, 10:10 AM
Very passionate stuff, but here is a simple question, have you spoken to your club and is there anything that you as a player could do to help the situation, alot of what you say makes sense, but if only one or two people are running the club then how can you expect them to change the situation, the whole club, members, players and comittees have to work together, until this happens your club will only change in the "tin box" to put in the facilities it takes money, time and a little patience and don't forget the people who give there time and effort normally for very little thanks are doing this vonluntarily. Players have to be more proactive in getting involved to resolve a lot of these issues, but it can be done!!!

Well I am/was on the committee but have become quite disillusioned. I'll say no more.

But I do agree with you. More people at the club should be involved. However if these people don't know how to or are unwilling to change the situation then it doesn't matter how big a group of willing helpers you gather. This is one area I thiml the Clare League falls down in (as far as I know). From what I've seen it doesn't offer clubs enough support or guidance.

Some teams are run well while others are not. Some are well financed while others are struggling day to day. It would be good if the CL could pass on advice on how to run your club better, how to approach sponsors, and good fund raising ideas etc. The Clare League is a community, it would be nice if we all worked together like one. I don't know about the rest of you but I'd rather compete in a strong league than dominate a weak one.

oldspice
11/03/2005, 10:26 AM

In order for clubs to be able to make improvements to their grounds, they need to own their own grounds, or, at the very least, have a long term lease. We were very lucky for years to be located at the same pitch, which while not being the best in the county, was a long way from being the worst. Over the years, a lot of work was carried out including building dressing rooms, (basic but effective), boundary walls and drainage work. Games were only ever called off if a full programme was postponed. However, at the end of last season, through no fault of the landowner I have to stress, we were forced to move out and search for a new pitch. What we have now, is a decent pitch by Clare league standards, but no long term agreement. There is absolutely no incentive to put any work into the grounds, as at any time, we may find ourselves having to move on. I also know that Tulla Utd. who are currently playing on one of the worst pitches in the league, have done great fundraising over the years with a view to purchasing and developing their own grounds, but now, with money in the bank, can't find a suitable venue that is available to buy. In urban areas, there is an onus on local authorities to provide land for recreational activities such as soccer but that isn't the case in rural areas. While most pitches in Limerick are of a higher standard, once you go out of the city and larger towns, from my experience, many of the pitches are just like our own. (not all of them I admit, but you will notice that the decent ones usually have a lot of money behind them .... Ballingarry etc.).

MadMick
11/03/2005, 11:35 AM
In order for clubs to be able to make improvements to their grounds, they need to own their own grounds, or, at the very least, have a long term lease. We were very lucky for years to be located at the same pitch, which while not being the best in the county, was a long way from being the worst. Over the years, a lot of work was carried out including building dressing rooms, (basic but effective), boundary walls and drainage work. Games were only ever called off if a full programme was postponed. However, at the end of last season, through no fault of the landowner I have to stress, we were forced to move out and search for a new pitch. What we have now, is a decent pitch by Clare league standards, but no long term agreement. There is absolutely no incentive to put any work into the grounds, as at any time, we may find ourselves having to move on. I also know that Tulla Utd. who are currently playing on one of the worst pitches in the league, have done great fundraising over the years with a view to purchasing and developing their own grounds, but now, with money in the bank, can't find a suitable venue that is available to buy. In urban areas, there is an onus on local authorities to provide land for recreational activities such as soccer but that isn't the case in rural areas. While most pitches in Limerick are of a higher standard, once you go out of the city and larger towns, from my experience, many of the pitches are just like our own. (not all of them I admit, but you will notice that the decent ones usually have a lot of money behind them .... Ballingarry etc.).

Will there now be a rush of people putting themselves forward for comittees or is it a case I can't be bothered let someonelse deal with it!

OpenGoal
11/03/2005, 1:23 PM
Who thinks Olympic B can do the unthinkable and knock the second bunratty team out of the cup in as many weeks??????????

CousinSylDolan
11/03/2005, 1:49 PM
Id doubt they will be able to overcome the inform team in division 1 the professionals the MIGHTY bunratty b.Unless....... maybe...... they might bring some of the MIGHTY best 11 wherever they are. :cool:

Is this comment not a total contradiction????????

slotts
11/03/2005, 1:50 PM
can both olympics keep this marvelous run going? are they playing to their potential or punching above their weight?

footstar
11/03/2005, 1:53 PM
Who thinks Olympic B can do the unthinkable and knock the second bunratty team out of the cup in as many weeks??????????
I think it we'll be a closely fought match with olympic expected to have players back that were missing for their first round win against kilkee and bunratty may be missing players which will go against them. I'd say it will go down to peno's. Hopefully olympic can do it and carry on their good season.

Pauliwallnuts
11/03/2005, 1:53 PM
If the Rats B can get out a decent team the Specials B won't have a chance !!! Granted ye're good much better than previous years but the Rats B should have too much for ye if they can get their best team out on the day !!!

leftie
11/03/2005, 2:02 PM
I don't think Bunratty B need to wory about us. They hockeyed us in a preseason friendly and should probably do the same again. Plus with the home draw and being 2 divisions above us there's really no contest.

That said all the pressure will be on them and if they struggle to get players then they may not have it all their own way.

I would give us a 20% chance of causing an upset.

OpenGoal
11/03/2005, 2:32 PM
dont know too much about bunratty b this seaon, only what i've read on here and in the paper, but i do know that the olympic b lads think bunratty are a bunch of fairies and "should be collecting fancy paper" instead. I think thats the phrase I overheard anyway..............

OpenGoal
11/03/2005, 2:44 PM
dont know too much about bunratty b this seaon, only what i've read on here and in the paper, but i do know that the olympic b lads think bunratty are a bunch of fairies and "should be collecting fancy paper" instead. I think thats the phrase I overheard anyway..............

In the interest of sportsmanship........this was a joke, merely trying to wind up leftie..........there is no evidence bunratty b players collect fancy paper..........but they might do!!! Whos to know???????

riverside
12/03/2005, 8:38 AM
Do any of the lads from Ennis comment on this site what happened to all those computers ye got for nothing?and for the rest of ye ,try and keep the comments to the point, short and sweet, have a look at the Limerick threads and you will get my drift. ;)

Spudd
12/03/2005, 9:34 AM
Does anyone else here think olympic a are absaloutley dire?i played against them last year and they were sh!te..i cant believe all this talk of them being good or even a half decent team!
They only signed/have one player thats good enuff for the premier and the rest arent worth sh!t...theres no way dat one player can make dat much a difference!!
i hope ye get promoted cos ye will get absaloutley slaughterd in the premier!

CousinSylDolan
12/03/2005, 9:34 AM
Do any of the lads from Ennis comment on this site what happened to all those computers ye got for nothing?and for the rest of ye ,try and keep the comments to the point, short and sweet, have a look at the Limerick threads and you will get my drift. ;)

Are you still in bad form cos you got no sandwiches below in Waterford last week??????? :D :D :D

riverside
12/03/2005, 9:52 AM
Are you still in bad form cos you got no sandwiches below in Waterford last week??????? :D :D :D
No point in trying to tease me out Syl, just trying to liven up this thread. i see your comments and you are fairly knowledgable ,try and get the rest of them on the same wavelength and we can all enjoy this thread.

CousinSylDolan
12/03/2005, 10:13 AM
No point in trying to tease me out Syl, just trying to liven up this thread. i see your comments and you are fairly knowledgable ,try and get the rest of them on the same wavelength and we can all enjoy this thread.

Its usually lively on Mondays after the weekends games.

MadMick
13/03/2005, 5:54 AM
Does anyone else here think olympic a are absaloutley dire?i played against them last year and they were sh!te..i cant believe all this talk of them being good or even a half decent team!
They only signed/have one player thats good enuff for the premier and the rest arent worth sh!t...theres no way dat one player can make dat much a difference!!
i hope ye get promoted cos ye will get absaloutley slaughterd in the premier!
So you played them last year which makes you either Cratloe or Connelly, not setting the Premier alight with attacking and passionate football are you!!!!!
Well I thought I was supposed to be the bad guy, I had a similar opinion as yourself but having watched Olympic once this season and been told on this site about the improvements made this year you have to say fairplay to Olympic for trying to get to the Premier, I would probably say your Club is not so special if you believe the Premier is that much better, yes there are 3 to 4 teams that are better than the rest, but the other six sides are fighting to stay in league each year and have a couple of good cup runs. Also do not forget that in the Cup this year that Tulla have disposed of Bunratty and Rock have knocked out Cratloe on pens also. The 3rd Round Draw should be interesting and could see the top sides in Div 1 play Premier sides.
Obviously by your spelling and language that you did not attend school at any age and maybe night classes or a lesson in how to use spell check may actually help you.

MadMick
13/03/2005, 5:56 AM

Bit out of order considering the excellent support you got from the Shannon based teams on the FAI site. Maybe you think that you are a better class of person than the rest of us. Could you be a Tan!!!

Murphman
13/03/2005, 6:27 PM
Tullycrine Celtic 0 - Bridge Celtic 8 (Only 70mins of game played as Bridge were 4 goals up after 25mins.)

:ball: Any other results?

oldspice
14/03/2005, 7:35 AM
1st division league, Kilkishen A:2 - Mountshannon : 2. Potentially a good game but absolutely ruined by a dire refereeing performance. About the worst I've ever witnessed. Not favouring any particular side, just on a total power trip.

4-4-2
14/03/2005, 7:44 AM
Div1, Kilrush 1 - Olympic 1, fair result Kilrush went ahead just on half time with a great goal but Olympic pulled one back with only a minute or two gone in the second,

CousinSylDolan
14/03/2005, 7:48 AM
bunnratty {lucky} b 1 shannon olympic b 0 good game ...

You must be havin a laugh sayin it was a good game. It was decided by a goal in the 1st minute and one can only say the Oly defence looked very Special indeed conceding what proved to be the winner.
Bunratty cannot be happy with the performance but I suppose their keeper had nothing to do for the 90 so a clean sheet is a welcome one. Specials though to their credit were always well in the game and had a lot of possesion without ever really threatening.
The long throws though were so easily defended throughout and one wonders why Oly persisted with them. Also why was Tricky taken off when he was the only attacking threat and a defensive player brought on. It kinda sealed the game for Bunratty when that change was made.
Anyway credit must go to Olympic for a good fight I suppose but my final word must be to the Olympic supporters on Rat Hill who kept us entertained for the 90.... Fair play to ye. Best of luck to the Specials B in their league too which I expect they wont be in for too long.

Specials A let 2 points slip in Kilrush yesterday too.... Is this the start of the yearly slippery slope for them????????

footstar
14/03/2005, 7:54 AM
kilrush 1 S. Olympic 1. kilrush played out of their skins and fought for everything but olympic missing four first team players and another going off injured in the first ten minutes were a bit restricted. the scoreline did'nt reflect the scoreline since Olympic had numerous chances to finish kilrush off.

OpenGoal
14/03/2005, 7:58 AM
Kilrush vs Shannon Olympic A

Understrength Olympic side travelled to Kilrsuh yesterday morning, and came away with a point. Possesion about 60/40 in favour of the away side, but not too many clear cut chances in the game. kilrush scored just before half time after a defensive mix up, but still a great finish from the striker who shot from thirty yards and caught the olympic keeper off his line. In Kieran mccarthy's defence, he couldnt have been expecting a shot of that calibre.

In the second half Olympic stepped up the pressure with winger Rob Kinnane making some dazzling runs to the by-line. This pressure eventually paid off when Houlihan got on the end of one of Kinnanes crosses to equalise. The Kilrush keeper had a great game making good saves from Houlihan and Kelly, and in the end I think olympic will have been the most disappointed with the result

4-4-2
14/03/2005, 8:00 AM
Always good to have supports get behind the team, as for the result in Kilrush i think the A team look at it as a point gained since they were behind at half time and came back to get a result , unlike the Rats A team last week in Tulla,

CousinSylDolan
14/03/2005, 8:03 AM
Always good to have supports get behind the team, as for the result in Kilrush i think the A team look at it as a point gained since they were behind at half time and came back to get a result , unlike the Rats A team last week in Tulla,

There was no points available last week in Tulla as is common in cup games... Bunratty A did however pick up 3 points away to Rineanna yesterday. :p

4-4-2
14/03/2005, 8:17 AM
Poor old Sly, dont get mad i said a result not point's but thats ok,if you get the draw for the next round of the cup will you send it on.

CousinSylDolan
14/03/2005, 8:23 AM
Poor old Sly, dont get mad i said a result not point's but thats ok,if you get the draw for the next round of the cup will you send it on.

Who is Sly :confused: :confused: :confused:

I'll send on the results and fixtures as soon as I get them. I hear there are games down for Good Friday. Kick off are 5.30. Bit of a disaster really as most people work Good Friday. Is the cup draw tonight??????

devilfish
14/03/2005, 8:46 AM
Who's the 4-4-2 lad slagging off Bunratty's loss to Tulla in the cup...maybe he should worry about his own game and stop costing his side valuable points in their quest for promotion to the big teams in the Premier.....I'm sure he would swap a costly cup run for a good stab at promotion. Keep the cheap shots to yourself in future.

leftie
14/03/2005, 8:56 AM
You must be havin a laugh sayin it was a good game. It was decided by a goal in the 1st minute and one can only say the Oly defence looked very Special indeed conceding what proved to be the winner.
Bunratty cannot be happy with the performance but I suppose their keeper had nothing to do for the 90 so a clean sheet is a welcome one. Specials though to their credit were always well in the game and had a lot of possesion without ever really threatening.
The long throws though were so easily defended throughout and one wonders why Oly persisted with them. Also why was Tricky taken off when he was the only attacking threat and a defensive player brought on. It kinda sealed the game for Bunratty when that change was made.
Anyway credit must go to Olympic for a good fight I suppose but my final word must be to the Olympic supporters on Rat Hill who kept us entertained for the 90.... Fair play to ye. Best of luck to the Specials B in their league too which I expect they wont be in for too long.

Specials A let 2 points slip in Kilrush yesterday too.... Is this the start of the yearly slippery slope for them????????

Credit to ye I suppose for doing a professional job. The goal was a soft one and meant our task was made more difficult. I felt we bossed most of the game after that but we never got in behind so it was for nothing. As for the long throw, well it turned a game around for us a few weeks ago and they've been trying them ever since :confused: You say that you defended them easily but I do remember individuals getting a few shots away although admittedly they weren't on target.

On the balance of play ye were deserved winners however what I was most dissapointed about was a few of your players throwing themselves to the ground and calling for cards. You're 2 divisions above, did they not think they could win on their own merits? I'm not naieve enough to believe we don't do it ourselves at times but it was so constant yesterday that it seemed like a strategy.

Anyhow best of luck in the rest of the competition and maybe we'll meet again in the 2nd division next year :D Sorry couldn't resist.

4-4-2
14/03/2005, 9:04 AM
Costly cup run it may be but you have to try win what ever compition you are in or go as far as you can anyway and for some clubs its the first round and out,you just have to get over it and move on.
I think the top four in the first Div will be Bridge Celtic,Tulla, Olympic A and Mountshannon with the first 3 going for 1st place

CousinSylDolan
14/03/2005, 9:25 AM
Credit to ye I suppose for doing a professional job. The goal was a soft one and meant our task was made more difficult. I felt we bossed most of the game after that but we never got in behind so it was for nothing. As for the long throw, well it turned a game around for us a few weeks ago and they've been trying them ever since :confused: You say that you defended them easily but I do remember individuals getting a few shots away although admittedly they weren't on target.

On the balance of play ye were deserved winners however what I was most dissapointed about was a few of your players throwing themselves to the ground and calling for cards. You're 2 divisions above, did they not think they could win on their own merits? I'm not naieve enough to believe we don't do it ourselves at times but it was so constant yesterday that it seemed like a strategy.

Anyhow best of luck in the rest of the competition and maybe we'll meet again in the 2nd division next year :D Sorry couldn't resist.

Some fair points there Leftie but not sure about us calling for cards all the time.
One of the funniest incidents of the game had to be Bullman's dive... My God that fella sure entertained us yesterday. He nearly halved our captain in 1 tackle (the Oscars comment was a classic from Rat Hill) and then goes diving when there is no-one near him. I've never heard a bloke to moan and give out so much during a game. He never stopped at the ref, the Rat players and sideline, and even his own players a lot of the time.

oldspice
14/03/2005, 9:42 AM
Costly cup run it may be but you have to try win what ever compition you are in or go as far as you can anyway and for some clubs its the first round and out,you just have to get over it and move on.
I think the top four in the first Div will be Bridge Celtic,Tulla, Olympic A and Mountshannon with the first 3 going for 1st place

I'd have to question your judgement on some of those predictions having watched Mountshannon yesterday. They were bossed for large parts of the game by a team second from bottom and only scraped a draw with a last minute equaliser. Haven't seen Tulla yet this season but would have to agree with Bridge Celtic and Olympic being up there ... if they can maintain their current form.

leftie
14/03/2005, 9:44 AM
Some fair points there Leftie but not sure about us calling for cards all the time.
One of the funniest incidents of the game had to be Bullman's dive... My God that fella sure entertained us yesterday. He nearly halved our captain in 1 tackle (the Oscars comment was a classic from Rat Hill) and then goes diving when there is no-one near him. I've never heard a bloke to moan and give out so much during a game. He never stopped at the ref, the Rat players and sideline, and even his own players a lot of the time.

That was some tackle alright. I was actually suprised that he didn't get a straight red. James is just passionate about his football i guess :confused: He certainly entertains the spectators.

Our following is certainly quite amusing too. Last week they were doing first goalscorer which made for some interesting comments.

MadMick
14/03/2005, 9:52 AM
I'd have to question your judgement on some of those predictions having watched Mountshannon yesterday. They were bossed for large parts of the game by a team second from bottom and only scraped a draw with a last minute equaliser. Haven't seen Tulla yet this season but would have to agree with Bridge Celtic and Olympic being up there ... if they can maintain their current form.

big game for you on Thursday Oldspice, win that and it would not surprise me if you were in the top 3, plenty of quality in your squad.

OpenGoal
14/03/2005, 9:58 AM
Could very possibly be the start of it dj.To be fair Olympic were the better side but its about scoring goals.To be in the position olympic were in as regards the league table some players feel the need to hit the disco on saturday night.This just about sums it up-maybe these players are quiet happy to play in the first division year in year out :ball:

I heard those players involved were drinking orange juice and having a nice chat about current affairs and politics.......in any case, youre right and its not on! This kind of activitiy should not be repeated if we are to get promoted this season........

4-4-2
14/03/2005, 9:58 AM
Ok good point but in fairness to kilkishen they are better than the position they are in at the moment and will stay up, i suppose Mountshannon will have to get a positive result on Paddy's day away to Olympic if they want to keep up with the teams at the top, in your view who would be the 4 pushing for the top 3

MadMick
14/03/2005, 10:00 AM
I heard those players involved were drinking orange juice and having a nice chat about current affairs and politics.......in any case, youre right and its not on! This kind of activitiy should not be repeated if we are to get promoted this season........

Looks like I am going to be right about the specials, one draw as predicted, another on Thursday then the implosion of the team, prediction Manager to be told to F off by the Mid April!!!! To many players who think they are Gods in the Clare league! :D

CousinSylDolan
14/03/2005, 10:10 AM
Lynch Hotels Clare & District Soccer League Fixtures
Saturday 12/03/05

Gallivan Kennedy Youths League Section A
Turnpike Rovers 3 Newmarket Celtic 0

Lifford A.F.C. 1 Bunratty 2

Gallivan Kennedy Youths League Section B
Hermitage 2 Kilkishen Celtic 1

Moher Celtic 3 St.Pats 1

Sunday 13/03/05

Maloney Hardware Shannon Premier Division League
Newtown A 4 Cratloe Celtic A 2

Rinnanna Rovers A 0 Bunratty A 1

Lifford A.F.C. 1 Avenue United A 2

Clare Hire & Sales First Division League
Kilkishen Celtic A 2 Mountshannon Celtic 2

Rock Rovers 2 Tulla United A 0

Kilrush Rangers 1 Shannon Olympic A 1

Sel Print Second Division League

Cratloe Celtic B 1 St.Pats A 2

Suttons Lighting Third Division League
Bridge Celtic B 1 Rinnanna Rovers B 2

Newtown B 1 Manus Celtic 2

Tulla United B scr Kilkee W/O

Clare Cup First Round
Hermitage 1 Burren United 0

Clare Cup Second Round

Cooraclare Celtic 0 Bridge United A 1

Connolly Celtic 1 Bridge United B 4

Corofin Harps 1 Kildysart Celtic 0

Rhine Rovers 2 (1-4 Pens) Newmarket Celtic B 2

Tullycrine Celtic 0 Bridge Celtic A 8

Bunratty B 1 Shannon Olympic B 0

Ennistymon Town 1 (aet) Moher Celtic 2

Kilmaley United 1 (2-4 Pens) Avenue United B 1

CousinSylDolan
14/03/2005, 10:11 AM
Saturday 19/03/05

Gallivan Kennedy Youths League Section A
Fairgreen: Turnpike Rovers V Bunratty
P.Gleeson 12.30

Gallivan Kennedy Youths League Section B
Kilkishen: Kilkishen Celtic V Hermitage
J.Stanford 11.00

Lahinch: Moher Celtic V St.Pats
T.McInerney 4.00

Sunday 20/03/05

Lahinch: Moher Celtic V Rinnanna Rovers A
P.Dunne 11.00

Ruan: Lifford A.F.C. V Cratloe Celtic A
D.McCarthy 11.00

Scariff: Mountshannon Celtic V Kilmaley United
P.Markham 11.00

O`Briensbridge: Bridge Celtic A V Tulla United A
P.Mulready 11.00

CBS Kilrush: Kilrush Rangers V Bunratty B
F.Coote 12.00

Shannon: Shannon Olympic A V Rock Rovers
M.O`Brien 11.00

Coonagh: Cratloe Celtic B V Kildysart Celtic
D.Cunningham 2.30

Sixmilebridge: Bridge United B V Tullycrine Celtic
A.Murphy 12.00

Doolin: Burren United V Avenue United B
T.McInerney 11.00

Fairgreen: Turnpike Rovers V St.Pats A
J.Deniffee 2.30

O`Briensbridge: Bridge Celtic B V Kilkee
J.Stanford 2.30

Ballycasey: Newtown B V Ennistymon Town
P.Gleeson 11.00

Norrie Henceys: Tulla United B V Rhine Rovers
D.Brosnan 11.00

Kilmhill: St.Pats B V Newmarket Celtic B
F.Coote 2.30

Shannon: Shannon Olympic B V Manus Celtic
M.O`Brien 1.30

Clare Cup Second Round
Newmarket: Newmarket Celtic A Hermitage
M.O`Halloran 11.00

CousinSylDolan
14/03/2005, 10:12 AM
Friday 25/03/05

Coonagh: Cratloe Celtic A V Rinnanna Rovers A
P.Markham 5.30

Ballycasey: Newtown A V Bunratty A
P.Cullen 5.30

Fairgreen: Avenue United A V Connolly Celtic
J.Deniffee 5.30

O`Briensbridge: Bridge Celtic A V Mountshannon Celtic
F.Coote 5.30

Norrie Henchies: Tulla United A V Kilkishen Celtic A
T.McInerney 5.30

Sixmilebridge: Bridge United B V Cratloe Celtic B
A.Murphy 5.30

Ballycasey: Newtown B V Shannon Olympic B
D.Cunningham 5.30

Quin: Rhine Rovers V Manus Celtic
P.Gleeson 5.30

Newmarket: Newmarket Celtic B V Rinnanna Rovers B
J.Stanford 5.30

Pauliwallnuts
14/03/2005, 11:08 AM
Big result for Rock over Tulla. Puts them right up there.

Tulla United B scr Kilkee W/O
What does scr mean ???

Connolly Celtic 1 Bridge United B 4

Great result for the Bridge B. Connolly must be gone to fcuk alltogether.
The Bridge B hadn't won a league match all year.

Ennistymon Town 1 (aet) Moher Celtic 2

Well done to Ennistymon for pushing Moher all the way to extra time.

My dark horses for the cup this year are Avenue B. They are a class team.

Pauliwallnuts
14/03/2005, 11:11 AM
Where are they going with 5.30pm fixtures on Good Friday ??

Do they not realise that most people work that day & most till 5.00.

Considering that the majority of people work in Shannon or Limerick how do they expect people to be at matches for 5.30. Muppetts :mad:

OpenGoal
14/03/2005, 11:20 AM
Have to disagree..........said implosion will not materialise. Draw away with an understrength side to Kilrush, who are our bogey team, is not the worst result in the world. Also, as I said earlier, Olympic dominated possesion and were unfortunate to come up against a keeper at the top of his game........otherwise the score would probably have been more like 6-1.

4-4-2
14/03/2005, 11:25 AM
Where are they going with 5.30pm fixtures on Good Friday ??

Do they not realise that most people work that day & most till 5.00.

Considering that the majority of people work in Shannon or Limerick how do they expect people to be at matches for 5.30. Muppetts :mad:

Well would you expect anything else, lucky they dont have games on at 2.30

riverside
14/03/2005, 11:45 AM
Its usually lively on Mondays after the weekends games.
See what you mean, much better, Where do you pick up the fixtures from.

riverside
14/03/2005, 11:47 AM
if you like the limerick site so much just stay on it!!!
Just teasing.

CousinSylDolan
14/03/2005, 11:50 AM
See what you mean, much better, Where do you pick up the fixtures from.

I get them on e-mail from the fixtures secretary Michael Lydon.