PDA

View Full Version : Clare Junior Soccer

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 [46] 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54

plasticpitch
18/01/2006, 5:12 PM
[QUOTE=CousinSylDolan]Bit below the belt here I feel and out of order....:eek: :eek:

The CL are doing their best and voluntarily.... Could I suggest you withdraw these comments...

Yeah have thought that they are a little harsh but in fairness, the league called off all games last week besides premier games, does that mean all pitches were not playable?? No it doesn't . i think that the CL are making calls out of the blue. they are making a mockery of the Oscar Traynor. There are 2 of the biggest games of the premier season on sunday and to them they are just another match closer to finishing the season. what happens if players get injured during OT game?? oh sorry we don't really care.
Professionals are not asked to play 2 games in 24 hrs.. y should amateurs??
We should not even be having this debate. teams with players in OT should not have a game the day after. simple as that

plasticpitch
18/01/2006, 5:17 PM
[QUOTE=Clifford]

At last.... Great to hear someone talking some sense.... Totally agree....

Its a shame some people want to cut down the Cl/OT at every opportunity. They deserve credit for giving clubs with players involved in the OT a choice this weekend...
I know for a fact that Lifford were not given an option..... and the fact that all this is happening shows what the CL think of the OT squad

Spudd
18/01/2006, 6:02 PM
jesus ,,, spudd do you love annoying everbody

Jus having a bit of a sneer mate....spice up the aul thread ya know!:D
Jay knows im only messing...Newtown man true and true:rolleyes: ;)

Spudd
18/01/2006, 6:05 PM
Ive also sent a pm to Prem Rep! and apologised for my realier comments...jus incase all ye lot start cryin again....:rolleyes:

Prem Rep!
19/01/2006, 7:47 AM
[QUOTE=CousinSylDolan]
I know for a fact that Lifford were not given an option..... and the fact that all this is happening shows what the CL think of the OT squad

I'm sure if ye look for a postponement ye will get it as Olympic have apparently. If ye are not happy to play on Sunday, do something about it and stop complaining here. Clare league are trying to accomodate everyone here, both OT and Non OT. However after all the uproar it will be the last time they will make that effort.:( :(

old boy
19/01/2006, 8:17 AM
Jus having a bit of a sneer mate....spice up the aul thread ya know!
Jay knows im only messing...Newtown man true and true:rolleyes: ;)

why leave for shannon town then if newtown true & true :confused:

papa-j
19/01/2006, 8:36 AM
why leave for shannon town then if newtown true & true :confused:

for a break from you!!:p
Lets move on shall we. Any official feedback from the CL re the thoughts expressed here about the OT V CL matches this w/end:confused:

old boy
19/01/2006, 9:24 AM
for a break from you!!:p
Lets move on shall we. Any official feedback from the CL re the thoughts expressed here about the OT V CL matches this w/end:confused:

i'm lost here " a break from me " .... just wondering why shannon town seems strange choice .. why not the mighty park rangers surely a better standard of football..

as for oscar traynor V clare league matches ... can league actually suspend anybody for refusing to play oscar traynor .. seems very unlikley should it not be left to individuall players to deceide what they want to do ..:eek:

Clifford
19/01/2006, 9:40 AM
[QUOTE=CousinSylDolan]

did lifford ring clare league and express this. i am sure they would then call it off if there was a break down in communication. that's all the clare league are guilty off. trying to do the right thing but not getting it across better to everyone. maybe we should be encouraging the cl for doing the right thing but increase awareness that every club involved is asked. we are been too hard on cl on this one

oldspice
19/01/2006, 9:45 AM
I've been watching this CL/OT debate from the sidelines and it seems obvious to me that no matter what the league do, some people are going to find fault with it. The OT game is down for Saturday, nothing to do with the league. The question facing them was, should they have fixtures on Sunday? Historically, with OT games on a Sunday, the decision was simple, teams with players involven in OT had weekend off and others had games, a couple of seasons ago, when Clare progressed whole programme was called off to allow others go along and support team ... all fair enough. Ordinarily, this weekend you could say same shaould apply, i.e. no games for teams with players on OT, however, some clubs actually wanted to have games regardless, as in some cases, they have MJC games the following weekend and don't want to be heading into that with no game played in 6 or maybe 7 weeks. The league decided to accomodate this situation but now are getting hammered for it. I would imagine that no club will be forced to play this weekend, as has been shown by Olympic. Perhaps, instead of sounding off here, people who have a problem should get on to their clubs to do something about it. As has been mentioned before, league officials do their jobs voluntarily and, so people who aren't happy with their performance should maybe be more constructive in their criticism, come up with suggestions, put yourself up for election, not just get up on your soap-box from a safe distance. Rant over, thank you and good night!!!

papa-j
19/01/2006, 10:34 AM
i'm lost here " a break from me " .... just wondering why shannon town seems strange choice .. why not the mighty park rangers surely a better standard of football..

as for oscar traynor V clare league matches ... can league actually suspend anybody for refusing to play oscar traynor .. seems very unlikley should it not be left to individuall players to deceide what they want to do ..:eek:

old boy to clear it up for you, I played schoolboy football for both Newtown & Shannon Town in the days when you could play in Limerick in the winter & clare in the summer. When Shannon Town got promoted to the Limerick premier I was approached & having won both the Premier & 1st div titles with Newtown in the previous 3 years( along with relegation/promotion in between) it was a good time to try out the Limerick league. It could only be with Shannon Town as I could never play with the blue jokes. I do have some principles:D

old boy
19/01/2006, 10:39 AM
[QUOTE=old boy]i'm lost here " a break from me " .... just wondering why shannon town seems strange choice .. why not the mighty park rangers surely a better standard of football..

old boy....if you look back at papa's last few post's you will see that it is Spudd that claims that Papa is Newtown true and true not papa-j himself.

and to add to that,,,players have the right to play for who ever they want...

look at some of the GREATS of Newtown FC that have played with other clubs.....Rocksy played with Park Rangers so did Tom MC Dade...

so its a load of ****e your talking... :D
tommy.... if u look back at my posts also u will see i was asking spudd the question ,,, of course you are entitled to play for anybody you want ,,, but again asking question why shannon town over park rangers ... i know rangers are not the most popular club around !!! but would they not be playing a better standard of football & have better facilites ..... so i dont see were i am talking a load of ****e .. you seem to be getting very upset over this:eek: :eek:

old boy
19/01/2006, 10:43 AM
old boy to clear it up for you, I played schoolboy football for both Newtown & Shannon Town in the days when you could play in Limerick in the winter & clare in the summer. When Shannon Town got promoted to the Limerick premier I was approached & having won both the Premier & 1st div titles with Newtown in the previous 3 years( along with relegation/promotion in between) it was a good time to try out the Limerick league. It could only be with Shannon Town as I could never play with the blue jokes. I do have some principles:D

fair enough.... did not know you had played schoolboy football with shannon town... enough on these post now good principles also :D :D

old boy
19/01/2006, 11:05 AM
rangers are not the most popular club around

theres your answer :D

i stand corrected:o

i think we are being very kind & polite saying not the most popular club around..

could think of a few better names , but i might get banned of foot.ie :D

plasticpitch
19/01/2006, 11:19 AM
I've been watching this CL/OT debate from the sidelines and it seems obvious to me that no matter what the league do, some people are going to find fault with it. The OT game is down for Saturday, nothing to do with the league. The question facing them was, should they have fixtures on Sunday? Historically, with OT games on a Sunday, the decision was simple, teams with players involven in OT had weekend off and others had games, a couple of seasons ago, when Clare progressed whole programme was called off to allow others go along and support team ... all fair enough. Ordinarily, this weekend you could say same shaould apply, i.e. no games for teams with players on OT, however, some clubs actually wanted to have games regardless, as in some cases, they have MJC games the following weekend and don't want to be heading into that with no game played in 6 or maybe 7 weeks. The league decided to accomodate this situation but now are getting hammered for it. I would imagine that no club will be forced to play this weekend, as has been shown by Olympic. Perhaps, instead of sounding off here, people who have a problem should get on to their clubs to do something about it. As has been mentioned before, league officials do their jobs voluntarily and, so people who aren't happy with their performance should maybe be more constructive in their criticism, come up with suggestions, put yourself up for election, not just get up on your soap-box from a safe distance. Rant over, thank you and good night!!!
point taken... hope all clare players return from west cork with 3 points and all limbs attached ready for sunday!!:ball:

shelbourne1904
19/01/2006, 11:48 AM
On Sunday the 22nd January Lifford will play Newtown at u16 level in the first official soccer league match to take place in Clare under lights.The game will kick off at 4.15 at the Lees Road all weather pitch.There will also be an under 8s smallsided game at half time between the 2 clubs.All Support and sponsors wellcome

shelbourne1904
19/01/2006, 4:08 PM
I see on A2Z that Lifford are top of the league and Newtown on the bottom...
A must win game for Newtown and if Lifford win they stay top.

Very small league with only 4 teams in it:o How many times do they play each other or is it just 1 home and 1 away.... Im sure that when i played under age in clare that there was always about 8 teams at least..

Lee's Road all weather.Great pitch for football... Also a good chance to see the future of Clare soccer....

Wonder would they ever play a junior game there under lights..Oscar Traynor played friendly there.

Newtown have only played one game so far and lost it.Only reason they entred was to make aleague with 4 teams otherwise there would have been no u16 league which is unusual ,as in the other age groups and other influence is the fact that there is an u-17 league in the Junior league most of their players are u 15.Because of the weather,there have been many cancellations so the original plan to play 3 rounds may go by the wayside.

Pauliwallnuts
21/01/2006, 9:02 PM
The Clare Oscar Traynor side lost 1-0 this morning in their clash with West Cork in Skibbereen. That pretty much puts them out of the competition as far as I know. Anybody got any details ??

CousinSylDolan
23/01/2006, 9:09 AM
Clare conceded with 4 mins to go on Saturday to lose 1-0 and go out of the OT for this year...

Premier Results.

Newtown 3-1 Cratloe
Bridge Celtic 3-5 Avenue
Mntshn 2-1 Newmarket
Lifford 2-0 Bridge Utd

CousinSylDolan
23/01/2006, 9:10 AM
Lynch Hotels Clare & District Soccer League Fixtures
Saturday 28/01/06
Munster Youths Cup 4th Round
Rathkeale: Rathkeale V Newtown
Desmond League Officials 2.00

Note: In event of a draw 10 mins e/w extra time & penaltys if necessary

Clare U17 Soccer League
Bunratty: Bunratty V Turnpike Rovers
P.Markham 11.00

Gallivan Kennedy Youths League
Newmarket: Newmarket V Hermitage
J.Deniffee 11.00

Liscannor: Moher Celtic V St.Pats
D.McCarthy 11.00

Ruan: Lifford V Bridge United
J.Stanford 11.00

Sunday 22/01/06
Munster Junior Cup 4th Round
Lees Road Pitch 2: Avenue United V Star Rovers (Limerick) Referee: D.McCarthy 2.00
Assisiant Referees: J.Stanford, P.Cullen

Nenagh: Nenagh Celtic V Newtown A
North Tipperary Officials 2.00

Note: In event of a draw 10 mins e/w extra time & penaltys if necessary

Maloney Hardware Shannon Premier Division League
Lees Road Pitch 2: Lifford A V Mountshannon Celtic D.Mccarthy 11.00

O`Briensbridge: Bridge Celtic A V Rinnanna Rovers
P.Mulready 11.00

Clare Hire & Sales First Division League
Kilkishen: Kilkishen Celtic V Connolly Celtic
A.Murphy 2.30

Corofin: Corofin Harps V Moher Celtic
P.Markham 11.00

Lees Road Pitch4: Rock Rovers V Hermitage
J.Stanford 11.00

Mullagh: Burren United V Kilmaley united
P.Cullen 11.00

Shannon: Shannon Olympic A V Avenue United B
A.Murphy 11.00

SEL Print Second Division League
Cooraclare: Cooraclare Celtic V St.Pats A

CBS Kilrush: Kilrush Rangers V Turnpike Rovers
N.Bennett 11.00

Sixmilebridge: Bridge United B V Kildysart Celtic

Kilkee: Kilkee V Tulla United
P.Markham 2.30

Suttons Lightings Third Division League
Lees Road Pitch 4: Inch Crusaders V Rhine Rovers

Newmarket: Newmarket Celtic B V Newtown B 11.00

Kilmhill: St.Pats B V Bridge Celtic B

Rinnanna Rinnanna Rovers B V Lifford B

myleftfoot
23/01/2006, 10:05 AM
Clare threw away the Oscar Traynor match yesterday.
Totally on top in first half but just as in the first game couldnt create one single clearcut chance. West Cork dominated second half once Clare went down to ten men. Davy Wall sent off after linesman pulled him for dissent. Clare not happy with the decision. Defence did well under constant pressure and looked to have earned a point with 3-4 mins left. Clare on the attack Rochford heads into the Keepers arms and he kicks long ball down the middle. Heath calls but doesnt hold it and they score from a tap in. Only themselves to blame as didnt create enough chances over the 90min against a very poor side. Playing a centre half (manjr) as a left winger wasn't ever going to work no surprise he was replaced after 20mins - a little unfair to be played out of position. Clare having dominated totally for the first half will feel they could have it wrapped up after 45mins.

Player ratings: Heath (6), Fahy (7), O'Reilly (6), O'Connor (7), Rochford (8), Lawlor (7), O'Malley (8), Jocks (8), Manjr (5), O'Connell (6), Wall (6). Subs Ryan (7), Maxwell (6), Carmody (6)

CousinSylDolan
23/01/2006, 11:24 AM
Where are all the Bridge Utd boys gone today????
Could they be licking their wounds after losing to the best side in Clare.
Twice in one season!!
Just like the premiership ye might as well scrap for second behind the masters.

Jeez ye are a clever bunch up there in Lifford!!!!!!!

After a good win yesterday ye needed some cocky comments on here today. The rest of the challengers will really lie down and give up after reading this...:D

CousinSylDolan
23/01/2006, 11:55 AM
It looks like the boss has recovered from that bump on the head last season .... the one he got from that massive fall he set himself up for. Any chance history could repeat itself??

Yeah seems strange he did not learn from his mistakes last season on here...

I mean they have played 11 games which is just starting into the 2nd half of the season... Its only now it starts really in the race for the premier.

Who have lifford left to play...

Mntshn
Newmarket (x2)
Newtown
Rineanna
Bridge Celtic
Avenue

Nothing easy there....

the boss
23/01/2006, 1:05 PM
only lost one league game this season.
Bring them on we are not afraid of anyone.
Last year teams thought they could kick us cos we are a young side. Not any more. We are up for the battles this year. None bigger than mountshannon some scores to settle next sunday from last time we played them.

Prem Rep!
23/01/2006, 1:24 PM
only lost one league game this season.
Bring them on we are not afraid of anyone.
Last year teams thought they could kick us cos we are a young side. Not any more. We are up for the battles this year. None bigger than mountshannon some scores to settle next sunday from last time we played them.

Boss, don't be a muppet. Fair play yesterday, ye put away the two chances ye got. Even though the first one was well against the run of play and a very dubious penalty decision. However it seems Phil Markham can make calls from 60 yards away. I'm sure you don't represent the majority of the Lifford lads who seem down to earth but as the Tayto ad goes 'there's always one'. Fair play, you are the muppet of the day.
Take six points from a battling Newmarket side and ye will deserve to win the league.

Prem Rep!
23/01/2006, 1:40 PM
Any other results from yesterday. 1st, 2nd and 3rd divisions please.

CousinSylDolan
23/01/2006, 2:25 PM
With some of the comments made by the Boss you would nearly have to think he is an Avenue/Bridge lad or something trying to rally the other teams into beating Lifford.

Surely no-one can be that stupid to talk about his team like the Boss is with the lg just about half way thru....

I must give John O'Neill a ring later and ask him does he know of any such "Boss".... It might start an interesting conversation in the Lifford dressing room if they know the opinions of 1 such Boss;) ;) ;)

plasticpitch
23/01/2006, 3:41 PM
With some of the comments made by the Boss you would nearly have to think he is an Avenue/Bridge lad or something trying to rally the other teams into beating Lifford.

Surely no-one can be that stupid to talk about his team like the Boss is with the lg just about half way thru....

I must give John O'Neill a ring later and ask him does he know of any such "Boss".... It might start an interesting conversation in the Lifford dressing room if they know the opinions of 1 such Boss;) ;) ;)
must agree cousin syl.... i dont know of any such boss in lifford dressing room. he can message me to identify himself.
boss u dont speak on behalf of the lifford club. you are not helping the club and quiet honestly you only come on this site when u have something negative to say about another club. you should learn to be a gracious winner aswell as a gracious loser. i think your comments last stirred newtown and didnt help us. so boss you probably know who i am and i will have no problem shuting your mouth in the dressing room!!!

Prem Rep!
23/01/2006, 4:21 PM
must agree cousin syl.... i dont know of any such boss in lifford dressing room. he can message me to identify himself.
boss u dont speak on behalf of the lifford club. you are not helping the club and quiet honestly you only come on this site when u have something negative to say about another club. you should learn to be a gracious winner aswell as a gracious loser. i think your comments last stirred newtown and didnt help us. so boss you probably know who i am and i will have no problem shuting your mouth in the dressing room!!!

Fair play PlasticPitch, as I said earlier all the Lifford lads were grand yesterday. No problems during or after the match. Title is for you to lose at this stage. Ye were the best team we have played this year to be honest.

the boss
23/01/2006, 6:01 PM
Fair play PlasticPitch, as I said earlier all the Lifford lads were grand yesterday. No problems during or after the match. Title is for you to lose at this stage. Ye were the best team we have played this year to be honest.

Ok Prem Rep fair play at least we agree on something then.

Prem Rep!
24/01/2006, 7:27 AM
Ok Prem Rep fair play at least we agree on something then.
Not always the best footballing sides that win the league though. Not too easy to play football in Ralahine or Bridge Celtic, but ye found that out already. Rineanna on a miserable day, wonder will ye be up for that and of course I'm sure Avenue will roll over for ye as well just to keep the title in the town.

abbeyvale
24/01/2006, 8:48 AM
Not always the best footballing sides that win the league though. Not too easy to play football in Ralahine or Bridge Celtic, but ye found that out already. Rineanna on a miserable day, wonder will ye be up for that and of course I'm sure Avenue will roll over for ye as well just to keep the title in the town.

I suppose asking for a bit of inside info on Avenue would be a bit too much to ask for??

We play them on Sunday out in their place in the last 32 of the MJC.

Heard they have a lovely set up??

manalishi
24/01/2006, 9:51 AM
It will be interesting to see what the Clare League do to protect Davy Wall after his sending off for cursing at the the Cork goalkeeper,I wasnt aware that was a sending off offence????It would be diificult for the League to ask for the support of clubs and players if they risk suspension playing for Clare??
Lets see how well got and committed the League officials are now with the powers that be.

manalishi
24/01/2006, 9:57 AM

Where is Ralahine???

the 12 th man
24/01/2006, 11:03 AM
I've removed a lot of crap from this thread just to be fair to the people who are using the forum properly.I've privately told people to post properly or not to bother at all (you know who you are).If it continues I'll turn the situation over to the owners and he/they can ban the users involved or close the thread permanently.

LIFE IS TOO SHORT................

plasticpitch
24/01/2006, 7:55 PM
I've removed a lot of crap from this thread just to be fair to the people who are using the forum properly.I've privately told people to post properly or not to bother at all (you know who you are).If it continues I'll turn the situation over to the owners and he/they can ban the users involved or close the thread permanently.

LIFE IS TOO SHORT................
fair play coach, the site was getting messy. i hope you keep an eye on our friend , you know who.!! he is not representing any club.

plasticpitch
25/01/2006, 12:49 PM
big match for avenue... looks like they have a favourable draw in the MJC. could really get to the semi final if their form doesn't desert them... star rvs not great from what i've heard ... their goalie is supposed to be handy... they robbed bridge celtic in the FAI and were unlucky to lose to dungarvan... home draw means a lot in these competitions. poor old carew park had 3 penalties against them in mayo last weekend... couldn't see that happening in limerick!!

plasticpitch
25/01/2006, 12:53 PM
I suppose asking for a bit of inside info on Avenue would be a bit too much to ask for??

We play them on Sunday out in their place in the last 32 of the MJC.

Heard they have a lovely set up??
to be fair to all they are a better side than bridge celtic, they are doing well in the premier in clare, they are still in the munster senior cup.
heard that two of stars players got 6 months for fighting with each other but were back playing last weekend... are they eligible to play MJC??:confused:

abbeyvale
25/01/2006, 1:37 PM
to be fair to all they are a better side than bridge celtic, they are doing well in the premier in clare, they are still in the munster senior cup.
heard that two of stars players got 6 months for fighting with each other but were back playing last weekend... are they eligible to play MJC??:confused:

Yeah, they are available.

townie
25/01/2006, 8:20 PM
what do u mean 2 star players banned for fighting each other! are u talking about avenue? if so who ?
cos i know of no fights in club

abbeyvale
26/01/2006, 9:10 AM
what do u mean 2 star players banned for fighting each other! are u talking about avenue? if so who ?

Star as in Star Rovers players!!!

Pauliwallnuts
26/01/2006, 9:36 AM
Abbeyvale How are Star getting on in 1A this year ??

Avenue have to fancy their chances in this one !!

plasticpitch
26/01/2006, 11:40 AM
townie, drama?? would be as big a suprise to me as to u if avenue lads were fighting with each other.
Think the star RVS lads that were fighting were in-laws. seems that one wouldn't pass the ball to the other....

abbeyvale
26/01/2006, 11:58 AM
[QUOTE=Pauliwallnuts]Abbeyvale How are Star getting on in 1A this year ??

Avenue have to fancy their chances in this one !!!!!!

Div 1A (Limerick)
1 Corbally pl 13 / pts 28
2 Wembley 13 / 24
3 Herbertstown 13 / 23
4 Caherdavin 12 / 19
5 Coonagh 13 / 19
6 Star Rovers 8 / 19
7 Shannon Town 12 / 18
8 Geraldines 12 / 17
9 Summerville 11 / 16
10 Ballynanty 12 / 13
11 Abbey Rovers 13 / 5
12 Croom Utd 12 / 0

see's it
26/01/2006, 3:51 PM
Abbeyvale How are Star getting on in 1A this year ??

Avenue have to fancy their chances in this one !!

Star arent a bad side at all they have some very good players.there keeper is 1 of the best in town if not the best(hope i didnt jinx you Nolly).
defenders aint the quickest but strong in the air.
midfielders are very good.
forwards are defo a threat to each other and avenue.....
Stars pitch is situated in the heart of the island field home to the keanes just hope theres no replay!

OpenGoal
27/01/2006, 9:19 AM
Where is Ralahine???

old boy
27/01/2006, 9:22 AM
Where is Ralahine???

somewhere between newmarket & shannon.... out near drumline

i think :confused: :confused:

shelbourne1904
27/01/2006, 9:31 AM

Is this the quality rateing of a brawl in a poor class hotel or has it something to do with the constellations in the Milky Avenue????

OpenGoal
27/01/2006, 10:38 AM
Couple of big matches in the 1st division this weekend, here are my predictions:

olympic 2 - 0 avenue B

Burren 1 - 2 Kilmaley

Rock 0 - 0 Hermitage

Corofin 1 - 1 Moher

plasticpitch
27/01/2006, 11:29 AM
somewhere between newmarket & shannon.... out near drumline

i think :confused: :confused:
its where newmarket play their home matches... head out of newmarket on old n18 road. about mile and a half you come to crossroads. there used to be a tractor tyre standing up 'roll on d banner'. turn left there and its out that road a mile... the pitch could be any field but for some reason they put goalposts on this one... i'd be worried leaving a donkey on this pitch that he might hurt himself
;)