PDA

View Full Version : Clare Junior Soccer

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54

OpenGoal
28/02/2005, 8:37 AM
Having watched Bridge Celtic V Kilkishen yesterday (Best game I've seen this season, very close with Bridge just about deserving to edge it, and well handled by ref Dave Mc Carthy) it has reinforced my opinion that Bridge will win the league. The player you mentioned was Daniel Ahern, son of their manager as far as I know. Don't think he's their only player though, they are solid all over the field and all can play football. Steve Howard, is solid as ever but he has two good full backs in Will Slattery and Brian Coscrove, They are very strong in the middle with the two Aherns and the O'Connells and Ricky Moath up front will cause problems for any defence, but the real gem they have is David Hickey who started on the right wing but swithed over and back to the left a few times. He's lightning fast and well able to play. Well able to score a goal too as we found out.

Mmmmmmmm........doesnt sound like good news for the rest of us then!!!! How did Ger & Barry O'Connell play?

CousinSylDolan
28/02/2005, 8:44 AM
Lynch Hotels Clare & District Soccer League Fixtures
Saturday 05/03/05

Gallivan Kennedy Youths League Section A
Fairgreen: Turnpike Rovers V Newmarket Celtic
P.Gleeson 2.30

Ruan: Lifford A.F.C. V Bunratty
P.Markham 2.30

Gallivan Kennedy Youths League Section B
Kilkishen: Kilkishen Celtic V Hermitage
P.Cullen 11.00

Kilmhill: St.Pats V Moher Celtic
F.Coote 3.00

Sunday 06/03/05
Maloney Hardware Shannon Premier Division League
Kilmaley School: Connolly CelticV Newmarket Celtic A
P.Cullen 11.00

Lahinch: Moher Celtic V Bridge United A
D.McCarthy 11.00

Clare Hire & Sales First Division League
Bunratty: Bunratty B V Kilmaley United
M.O`Halloran 11.00

Corofin: Corofin Harps V Bridge Celtic
P.Markham 2.30

Clare Cup First Round
Lahinch: Ennistymon Town V Newtown B
D.McCarthy 1.30

Tullycrine: Tullycrine Celtic V Cratloe Celtic B
P.Dunne 11.00

Newmarket: Newmarket Celtic B V Bridge Celtic B
D.Brosnan 2.30

Shannon: Shannon Olympic B V Kilkee
F.Coote 1.30

Cooraclare: Cooraclare Celtic V St.Pats B
P.Gleeson 2.30

Tiermaclane: Manus Celtic V Avenue United B
P.Gleeson 11.00

Fairgreen: Hermitage V Burren United
A.Murphy 11.00

Kilkishen: Kilkishen Celtic B V Kildysart Celtic
J.Stanford 2.30

Quin: Rhine Rovers V Rinnanna Rovers B
J.Stanford 11.00

Sixmilebridge: Bridge United B V Tulla United B
D.Cunningham 11.00

Clare Cup Second Round
CBS Kilrush: Kilrush Rangers V Newtown A
P.Dunne 2.30

Ruan: Lifford A.F.C. V Avenue United A
P.Markham 11.00

Norrie Henchies: Tulla United A V Bunratty A
M.O`Halloran 2.30

Fairgreen: Turnpike Rovers V Rinnanna Rovers
A.Murphy 2.00

Shannon: Shannon Olympic A V Kilkishen Celtic A
F.Coote 11.00

Tiermaclane: Rock Rovers V Cratloe Celtic A
P.Mulready 11.00

Kilmhill: St.Pats A V Mountshannon Celtic
T.McInerney 2.30

CousinSylDolan
28/02/2005, 9:15 AM
Joey O Neill scored two.Who gave away the penalty for bunratty b?

Not sure but probably George Clune..... He is well known for that kind of thing... :D :D :D

oldspice
28/02/2005, 9:39 AM
Mmmmmmmm........doesnt sound like good news for the rest of us then!!!! How did Ger & Barry O'Connell play?

Ger came on as a sub and looked lively. He's only bedding in to the team yet but you can tell he'll be a good signing. I'm not sure who Barry is but if he was playing yesterday, he was good .... they all were!!

Nibzer
28/02/2005, 2:18 PM
Seeing as ye lot never shut up about the first division could any of ye giv me any info on kilrush rangers?why they doin so bad then ey?

CousinSylDolan
28/02/2005, 2:38 PM
Seeing as ye lot never shut up about the first division could any of ye giv me any info on kilrush rangers?why they doin so bad then ey?

Cos most of the community back there join gangs like the Bulls and dont play soccer.

Young Clancy is their best player by a country mile.

oldspice
28/02/2005, 3:22 PM

I guess it's because most of us are involved in the first division. If we were premier we'd be too busy trainin' and **** to be doing this and if we were lower the same would apply but drinking, not training.
As for Kilrush, they lost their first league game and that's usually a signal for a few of them to pack it in. Always with them, if they start well they hold it together for the season but if things don't go well at the start, they tend to give up. That probably explains why they have been yo-yoing between the first and second for the past few seasons.

leftie
28/02/2005, 3:38 PM
I guess it's because most of us are involved in the first division. If we were premier we'd be too busy trainin' and **** to be doing this and if we were lower the same would apply but drinking, not training.
As for Kilrush, they lost their first league game and that's usually a signal for a few of them to pack it in. Always with them, if they start well they hold it together for the season but if things don't go well at the start, they tend to give up. That probably explains why they have been yo-yoing between the first and second for the past few seasons.

Hey, I resent that. If I was sober I drive round to where you are and slap you upside the head. :D

oldspice
01/03/2005, 7:16 AM
Hey, I resent that. If I was sober I drive round to where you are and slap you upside the head. :D

Don't worry, if you want to talk second or third division, I'm an expert ... through experience. Just don't ask me 'bout the premier .... like a different planet to me!!!

leftie
01/03/2005, 9:38 AM
Don't worry, if you want to talk second or third division, I'm an expert ... through experience. Just don't ask me 'bout the premier .... like a different planet to me!!!

We were actually out playing Kilkishen B this weekend. 6-0 it was. What happened to them, they were so much stronger in the shield?

leftie
01/03/2005, 10:12 AM
Their team keeps getting locked in the pub every saturday night.Its a pity i heard this has happened a few times. :D

Oh I feel so sorry for them :D

OpenGoal
01/03/2005, 10:30 AM
Cos most of the community back there join gangs like the Bulls and dont play soccer.

Young Clancy is their best player by a country mile.

Kilrush seem to have a preoccupation with fighting and trying to intimidate other teams, especially at home. Perhaps if they concentrated more on playing football they would be more successful.

They actually arent that bad a side, the English fullback is handy, and the lad up front has a great shot on him........they should certainly be able to at least hold their own in Div. 1 , but their indiscipline seems to be their downfall. Maybe thats down to bad managing.

wasnt so long ago Kilrush appeared in the Div.1 shield final, granted they lost it, but mustve done something right along the way to get there. Do they still have the same core of the team, it couldnt have changed that much????

OpenGoal
01/03/2005, 10:47 AM
Youre obviously the manger then......... :D

Pauliwallnuts
01/03/2005, 11:11 AM
Their team keeps getting locked in the pub every saturday night.Its a pity i heard this has happened a few times. :D

You wouldn't be too far wrong there !!!

That is the crux of the problem right there as when people stay in they are a match for anyone in Division 3. There were about 6 of what would be considered 1st team players missing last Sunday. They were missing 2 strikers a left winger, a central midfielder, a left back & the sweeper is gone to the A-Team. The goalkeeper of course didn't help too much either ;)

Saying that Oly were good & took their chances very well & you can see why they are top of Div 3. It'll be close between them & Kilkee for the title.

The amount missing was mainly down to work commitments & injury in fairness.

Kilkishen is too small a place to be able to sustain a decent B team anyway & its mainly seen as just a bit of craic for most of the lads !!
The fact that Kilkishen can put out 2 Junior teams & a Youths side in the 1st place is an achievement in itself considering all the big clubs that border it.

Pauliwallnuts
01/03/2005, 11:21 AM
Latest Results taken from ClareFm

Moloney Hardware Premier Division
Cratloe Celtic 2 Bunratty United 2
Avenue United 2 Newtown 0
Lifford 4 Rinnanna R. 0
Conolly C 1 Moher C 3
Bridge United 0 Newmarket Celtic 0

Division One
Mountshannon C 3 Bridge United B 0
Shannon Olympic 2 Corofin 0
Rock Rovers 1 Kilmaley1
Bridge Celtic B1 Kilkishen 0

Division Two
Kildysart C 1 St. Pat's 0
Tullycrine 0 Burren United 2

Division Three
Kilkishen C 0 Shannon Olympic B 6

Some interesting results there !!!

oldspice
01/03/2005, 11:50 AM
What a load of sh.t :cool:

Some class contributions there so far Fredred. This has to be the best of your ....2 posts!!!

leftie
01/03/2005, 12:23 PM
Latest Results taken from ClareFm

Moloney Hardware Premier Division
Cratloe Celtic 2 Bunratty United 2
Avenue United 2 Newtown 0
Lifford 4 Rinnanna R. 0
Conolly C 1 Moher C 3
Bridge United 0 Newmarket Celtic 0

Division One
Mountshannon C 3 Bridge United B 0
Shannon Olympic 2 Corofin 0
Rock Rovers 1 Kilmaley1
Bridge Celtic B1 Kilkishen 0

Division Two
Kildysart C 1 St. Pat's 0
Tullycrine 0 Burren United 2

Division Three
Kilkishen C 0 Shannon Olympic B 6

Some interesting results there !!!

Only 1 I can add to those

Division Three
NEWTOWN B 1 - 2 RHINE ROVERS

oldspice
01/03/2005, 1:25 PM
No i think the first one was probably better.You seem to have got a little upset cos i slagged ur boyfriend.Do u think that this post is up there with the other 2 :D :D

Just about the same level. Not sure whether you checked when you registered but this is a football chat forum. So far, your 3 posts have had nothing whatsover to do with football. If you want to go slagging others off I'm sure youre familiar with a few more suitable websites.!!!!

OpenGoal
01/03/2005, 2:00 PM
What a load of sh.t :cool:

What a well-thought out and articulate response.........you must be the pride of your club :rolleyes:

oldspice
01/03/2005, 2:28 PM
Seeing as most of the focus in this thread seems to be on the 1st division, how about this weekends games? Only a few 1st division games down for decision due to the cup but could be make or break for the Harps at home to Bridge Celtic. Bridge are very strong but the one thing they don't seem to like is a tight pitch (lost away to Kilmaley 4-1). Any thoughts? Bunratty B at home to Kilmaley could also be tight. Kilmaley aren't doing well away from home but will fancy themselves here. Again it depends on which "team" turns up for Bunratty. I can only assume they let themselves down against Mountshannon last Sunday as they looked fairly decent to me the previous week. In the cup, a few 1st division sides will have their work cut out. Kilrush at home to Newtown A would normally be a fiery affair but with Mr Dunne reffing they can't afford to step out of line. Hard to see anything but a win for Newtown.Tulla are at home to Bunratty A and could fancy their chances. A possible upset but not very likely. Likewise with Rock at home to Cratloe A. Mountshannon should have no huge problems away to St. Pats but the game of the day involving 1st division teams (We all know the real game of the day is Lifford v Avenue) could be Olympic at home to Kilkishen A. Revenge for Kilkishen after their recent league defeat, or Olympic to put them in their box good and proper?????

OpenGoal
01/03/2005, 2:41 PM
Now thats a big word especially for you and your last post was three hours ago :cool:

yes, I'm at work .........youre probably sitting at home with one hand ready to respnd to any post, the other one obviously down your pants.........

OpenGoal
01/03/2005, 3:20 PM
Ok, can we drop it now?.........its getting a bit boring

Oldspice,

I agree the (alternative) game of the day has to be Olympic vs Kilkishen. Will Kilkishen be at full strength. Olympic have really sorted out there defensive frailties of late so it should be a closely fought encounter....as usual. Maybe home advantage will be the decisive factor!!

oldspice
01/03/2005, 3:36 PM
Ok, can we drop it now?.........its getting a bit boring

Oldspice,

I agree the (alternative) game of the day has to be Olympic vs Kilkishen. Will Kilkishen be at full strength. Olympic have really sorted out there defensive frailties of late so it should be a closely fought encounter....as usual. Maybe home advantage will be the decisive factor!!

depends on what you see as Kilkishen at full strength. Still trying to cope with the loss of a few key players and trainer. However, with a couple of players brought up from the youth squad and one from the b-team, they could at least be a bit more settled. Should be a closer fought contest than the league affair but yes, home advantage might sway it. :(

dahamsta
01/03/2005, 3:53 PM
Fredred, you're not off to a good start on Foot.ie. Read the rules (http://foot.ie/faq.php?faq=rules) about flaming and spamming please.

adam

BallBreaker
01/03/2005, 6:19 PM
Any comments on the talk of Summer in Clare,seems to have worked in Mayo, :ball: :ball:

oldspice
02/03/2005, 7:51 AM
Any comments on the talk of Summer in Clare,seems to have worked in Mayo, :ball: :ball:

It's hard to see how Summer leagues would work in Clare. I know it has been reasonably successful in Mayo which is another rural county but it you look, you'll notice that it's mostly town teams that dominate there. In Clare, most rural clubs would be too dependant on GAA players whose availability during the summer would be severely limited due to hurling and football. I know it has been suggested that soccer could be played mid-week which would mean it would be more family friendly, and of course that would be a good thing, but GAA teams do train also... mostly on midweek evenings. At the moment, the larger GAA clubs in particular only "tolerate" local soccer clubs because it is a good way of keeping their players fit through the winter months. If it became a direct conflict, I think the relationship would be less harmonious. It will be interesting to see how successful the summer league will be in Mayo in a couple of seasons time when the novelty has worn off.
Don't get me wrong, I do see the benefits of a summer league, more family time, better pitches, better social side after games- particularly on Friday evenings, but the disadvantages have to be looked at also. Currently referees usually do two games on a Sunday and this cuts down on travelling. If the league goes midweek, they will only be able to do one game each evening, this also means being gone from home more often.... what will their wives/partners think? Also, while national competitions are still run during the conventional season (FAI, MJ etc) any teams playing in a summer league are at a disadvantage (Though I know Westport might be an argument against this).
I have no solid information but I would feel the idea of a summer league would find a lot more favour among clubs such as Newtown, Bunratty Olympic etc who wouldn't be decimated every time their local GAA team would have a training session, let alone a match. Don't forget that hurling matches happen on midwweek days also, whether that be underage, junior or senior and I'm fairly sure the GAA fixture committee and the soccer equivalent don't have such a fine relationship that they will meet each week to ensure there are no clashes.

oldspice
02/03/2005, 7:56 AM
I think that its a great idea.So what if it clashes with the gaa if they dont want to play soccer leave them off.It clashes anyway the hurley heads are back training already so it doesnt really make a difference. :D

They do want to play soccer .... but in the months when soccer has traditionally been played. OK Olympic would probably win more trophies with the likes of Bridge Utd. Bridge Celtic, Kilmaley, Connolly, Kilkishen, Tulla, Moher, etc. gone off the scene but would that really make them a better or stronger club?

oldspice
02/03/2005, 9:31 AM
Its a good point but i dont think it should all be forgotten about because of the gaa.

I'm certainly not saying it should be forgotten about .... I always look forward to the evening games kicking in, there's a summery feel about it and the few pints after always seem to taste better. My only point is that if we want the league to get stronger, it needs to be considered. :cool:

MadMick
02/03/2005, 12:08 PM
I'm certainly not saying it should be forgotten about .... I always look forward to the evening games kicking in, there's a summery feel about it and the few pints after always seem to taste better. My only point is that if we want the league to get stronger, it needs to be considered. :cool:

Guys

when are Special Olympic going to blow up, I cannot see them getting promoted to many primadonnas and lack of discipline will cost them as per the last four years, I expect when they go behind they will fold and starting blaming each other and I reckon the management are not good enough.
Bunratty will kick lumps out of them to stop them getting promoted, Mountshannon will out fight them and Bridge Celtic will make mince meat of them. As for the cup forget it, Kilkishen to win handy, Olympic are just a bunch of workhorses!!!
My tips are

Bridge Celtic
Mountshannon
Tulla United
Corofin Harps
Rock Rovers
Bunratty B
Kilkishen Celtic
Special Olympic
Kilmaley Utd
Kilrush Rangers

MadMick
02/03/2005, 12:29 PM
From what I hear this is no love lost between the two teams!!!!

wayno
02/03/2005, 1:06 PM
ya i have to agree the both teams are really suporting each other . when the b team is playing there are always some A team players watching even away from home they are getting great support and the same goes for the B team going to the A matches , both teams are playing at home on sunday in the cup and i would say the B team will be watching the A's at 11.00 and then the A's will stay on and support the B team after that

leftie
02/03/2005, 1:13 PM
From what I hear this is no love lost between the two teams!!!!

What a strange comment to make. I'm curious as to the point behind it? You obviously didn't hear that from anyone who knows anyone at the club. Both teams train and drink together and several groups of friends are spread accross both squads.

Whatever club you're at I'm sure the camaraderie is nothing compared to that which exists at Olympic.

MadMick
02/03/2005, 1:50 PM
Looks like I have to hold up my hands on this one, maybe your Club is starting to go in the right direction!!! Maybe the Premier better watch out cause the Olympians are on the march!!
I have heard that the management is not up to scratch of both teams and that the results are purely down to the players.

wayno
02/03/2005, 2:08 PM
Well its up to the managers to pick the right players to go out and get the result aswell as keeping every one at the club happy

leftie
02/03/2005, 2:09 PM
Looks like I have to hold up my hands on this one, maybe your Club is starting to go in the right direction!!! Maybe the Premier better watch out cause the Olympians are on the march!!
I have heard that the management is not up to scratch of both teams and that the results are purely down to the players.

:D Now that's a different story. I wouldn't say the managment is not up to scratch, just that it rubs people the wrong way at times. That said whoever is responsible for the results it would be foolish to chage anything while the going is good.

MadMick
02/03/2005, 4:15 PM
I did, that was the rumour that there were a few people who did not see eye to eye and that you train on seperate nights because of the friction! Seems I have been put right, just one question though did someone not get sent off from the Kilkishen A game?

MadMick
02/03/2005, 4:17 PM
What about naming a 1st Division Team of the best players in the League

Nomination would be striker Paul Murphy from Tulla A

BallBreaker
02/03/2005, 7:01 PM
Guys

when are Special Olympic going to blow up, I cannot see them getting promoted to many primadonnas and lack of discipline will cost them as per the last four years, I expect when they go behind they will fold and starting blaming each other and I reckon the management are not good enough.
Bunratty will kick lumps out of them to stop them getting promoted, Mountshannon will out fight them and Bridge Celtic will make mince meat of them. As for the cup forget it, Kilkishen to win handy, Olympic are just a bunch of workhorses!!!
My tips are

Bridge Celtic
Mountshannon
Tulla United
Corofin Harps
Rock Rovers
Bunratty B
Kilkishen Celtic
Special Olympic
Kilmaley Utd
Kilrush Rangers

Some interesting predictions,you think that Tulla will beat Bunratty and Kilrush will beat Newtown,you must be joking,this is a cert double for the Premier teams,on Monday i will await your reply ;Well done ballbreaker you were right; :cool: :cool: :cool:

BallBreaker
02/03/2005, 9:31 PM
thats his prediction for the first division

Sorry about that lads,thought it was predictions for the weekend. :( :(

MadMick
03/03/2005, 7:18 AM
What about naming a 1st Division Team of the best players in the League

Nomination would be striker Paul Murphy from Tulla A

Sorry meant Kilkishen A, there is a lad that plays for Olympic at the back, quite good!! :p

OpenGoal
03/03/2005, 9:14 AM
What a strange comment to make. I'm curious as to the point behind it? You obviously didn't hear that from anyone who knows anyone at the club. Both teams train and drink together and several groups of friends are spread accross both squads.

Whatever club you're at I'm sure the camaraderie is nothing compared to that which exists at Olympic.

100% agree with leftie here..........that comment is nonsense of the highest order

OpenGoal
03/03/2005, 9:21 AM
Sorry meant Kilkishen A, there is a lad that plays for Olympic at the back, quite good!! :p

Paul O'connor is the olympic sweeper, he is quite a talent. Other good players are the bridge goalie and midfielder(Daniel something, his name is posted on this thread somewhere). Other Olympic players Donnacha Kelly(midfield) & Jimmy houlihan(striker) deserve a mention too. . Red haired lad(midfleld) for Kilkishen. Timmy Healy of kilmaley(getting on but still very tough). Cant really comment on the other clubs.............I'm sure there are plenty more that I'm not familiar with, i'd be happy to hear of them!!!

oldspice
03/03/2005, 9:37 AM
ya 1 player did..could happen anyone...

I agree that it could happen anyone to get sent off, but what that guy got sent off for was appalling. He gave away a free and then (while I would agree he was antagonised) right in front of the ref he made one of the most vicious lunges I've ever seen on a soccer pitch. What he did was totally uncalled for and should not be condoned. The fact that he had only been on the pitch a couple of minutes only makes it worse.

OpenGoal
03/03/2005, 9:39 AM
I agree that it could happen anyone to get sent off, but what that guy got sent off for was appalling. He gave away a free and then (while I would agree he was antagonised) right in front of the ref he made one of the most vicious lunges I've ever seen on a soccer pitch. What he did was totally uncalled for and should not be condoned. The fact that he had only been on the pitch a couple of minutes only makes it worse.

That lad hasnt been seen at training or any matches since apparently, does anyone what the story is with him?????????

MadMick
03/03/2005, 9:54 AM
Why what did the league do?

OpenGoal
03/03/2005, 9:57 AM
How do ye all feel about the proposed Newtown-Park Rangers amalgation, which I've heard from a reliable source is going ahead at the end of the season. Terrible shame for Newtown in my opinion. I've know a few of the Newtown boys would rather give up the game than go up to Park, and have hinted at Olympic as a possible new club to ply their trade. Players such as Glen Coyle, Jason Stretton & Noel Donellan would be very welcome. very good players, and with many years experience in the premier.

In any case, Park are very strong at the moment(last 8 of the FAI speaks for itself) so it would be hard for any Newtown "blow-ins" to get near the team. am I off the mark here??? Are there many Newtown A players that would get on the Park team?

OpenGoal
03/03/2005, 10:11 AM
Why what did the league do?

i dunno, think he might have a got a 1/2 game ban. No reason not to train. Having played semi-pro in Holland for a few years(his own words), maybe he felt the CL was beneath him. He's normally a nice lad but gets a bit wound up on the pitch.......maybe its his red-hair :D

Your prediction of olympic dropping down to 3rd from bottom is a brave one MadMick.........I'd say you'd have no shortage of Olyimpic men betting against you there!!!! You do realise they have already beaten most of those teams above them in your table, and have really only found a settled team in the last 3-4 games.......

Nibzer
03/03/2005, 10:13 AM
I also heard from a reliable source last year that it was definately happen at the end of last saeason/start of this season but it didnt happen!!

Ahh theres a few good young players on the newtown team..
Johney o'Koro...possibly the most skillfull player in the premier...
Ryan kelly...great right winger..also playing in the soccer acadamy in cork!
James McDade...good fullback...player of the year on successive seasons!
Cheeky McDonald..probibly make any team in the premier...the list goes on!!
im sure the above names would be involved in the proposed amalgamations squad!

MadMick
03/03/2005, 10:22 AM
Just think that the last few years is an indication of the club and that you start well but when things are not going for you, then you seem to fold very easy, maybe this year will be different but history does repeat itself!!

What happens if you lose a game? How does the team and management respond?

MadMick
03/03/2005, 10:45 AM
Not forgetting joey o neill-a top class striker on his day. :cool:

I could not imagine Jimmy and Joey working hard up front, unless the ball's to feet they would stand with hands on hips!!