PDA

View Full Version : Clare Junior Soccer

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54

OpenGoal
22/07/2005, 9:08 AM
Impressive name anyway! Thats a good start. Do you think newtown will be strong this year, even without D. wall?

old boy
22/07/2005, 9:08 AM
never said that. Just made a point that the Avenue team this year were solid & consistant. A better TEAM than they have had for the past few years.
Not many teams would touch that Avenue team you mentioned, but back then N'market & Newtown were also very strong.
But old boy thats in the past. Are u still playing? :)

yeah still kicking the odd football .. i must be mad :D :) :D

papa-j
22/07/2005, 11:05 AM
Impressive name anyway! Thats a good start. Do you think newtown will be strong this year, even without D. wall?

D wall wasn't part of the squad last year & Newtown finished about 4th in the league, beaten in Cup semi & won the other 3 cups. Nearly all of last year squad have signed again along with 5-6 good new players so we would hope to be up there challanging in all competitions. The problem last year was drawing too many games so if we can socre a few more goals I would be hopeful of a good campaign :o :) :ball:

papa-j
22/07/2005, 11:10 AM
yeah still kicking the odd football .. i must be mad :D :) :D

are you a full back / winger nick named oscar??

OpenGoal
22/07/2005, 11:16 AM
Well, best of luck. Team seems to be young from what i can see so the future must look bright. do ye have a youths team aswell? That always helps. Who's managing the A-team this year, john K & Jimmy R.

papa-j
22/07/2005, 11:59 AM
Well, best of luck. Team seems to be young from what i can see so the future must look bright. do ye have a youths team aswell? That always helps. Who's managing the A-team this year, john K & Jimmy R.

thanks. There's a nice mix of youth & experience, we're looking forward to it Yep there's a youth team & the two lads are managing the a-team.

old boy
22/07/2005, 12:05 PM
:D
are you a full back / winger nick named oscar??

been called many a name ,,,, most unprintable here.. never had nickname of oscar though... played in both of those positions above & a few others as well .. :D :D :D :D

papa-j
22/07/2005, 1:17 PM
:D

been called many a name ,,,, most unprintable here.. never had nickname of oscar though... played in both of those positions above & a few others as well .. :D :D :D :D

Ok. From your knowledge of the clare league past & present, along with a few other things I thought you might have been an old team mate of mine.
If you are around that long I've either played with or against you.
Moving on, who is the best player you have come up against over the years?

old boy
22/07/2005, 2:53 PM
Ok. From your knowledge of the clare league past & present, along with a few other things I thought you might have been an old team mate of mine.
If you are around that long I've either played with or against you.
Moving on, who is the best player you have come up against over the years?

we may crossed paths ... not 100% sure who u are ...

to many good players who tormented me ... but will name a few

bernard collins newmarket a centre forward
colm (blackie) mounsey avenue
damian lindsay shannon town / newtown

plus one i never played against to many time thank god

when he was fit & up for it paul (bunny) carr ... what a waste of talent

sorry if i left a few out....

what about yourself ... must have a few opponents who you rate highly :D :D :D

papa-j
22/07/2005, 3:11 PM
we may crossed paths ... not 100% sure who u are ...

what about yourself ... must have a few opponents who you rate highly :D :D :D

good choices, there have been some great players over the years. I'd add
Sean Lindsay(damian's brother), Mannix(in his prime), + Kieran Collins(bernards brother).
Bunny was tops on natural ability but probably bottom on attitude/dedication.

Clifford
22/07/2005, 3:16 PM
[QUOTE=old boy]we may crossed paths ... not 100% sure who u are ...

ray skinny casey was the rock that avenue was built on. nobody ****ed with him. collins (either brother) newmarket was the hardest to mark. you'd have him in your pocket for 88 mins but the ****er (actually one of the nicest guys you could meet) would have 2 goals in those 2 minutes. newmarket and avenue would kick five lumps out of each other then go down and have pints together afterwards, respect.
thanks be to god i didn't have to mark black, that man was gifted, as was cha donellan newmarket and avenue. peter cosgrove and ritchie fitz are another 2 that could have easily played at a way higher level.
as for next season, avenue will get a rude awakening, snakes in the grass ready to pounce. 7 of the 10 can win it. the 3 left out are rineanna there squad isn't big enough. they where up there last year but couldn't sustain it. mountshannon and cratloe, on there day better than most teams if not all but dont have enough of them days. surprise package bridge ****** and not so much of a surprise newtown.

old boy
22/07/2005, 8:05 PM
[QUOTE=old boy]we may crossed paths ... not 100% sure who u are ...

ray skinny casey was the rock that avenue was built on. nobody ****ed with him. collins (either brother) newmarket was the hardest to mark. you'd have him in your pocket for 88 mins but the ****er (actually one of the nicest guys you could meet) would have 2 goals in those 2 minutes. newmarket and avenue would kick five lumps out of each other then go down and have pints together afterwards, respect.
thanks be to god i didn't have to mark black, that man was gifted, as was cha donellan newmarket and avenue. peter cosgrove and ritchie fitz are another 2 that could have easily played at a way higher level.
as for next season, avenue will get a rude awakening, snakes in the grass ready to pounce. 7 of the 10 can win it. the 3 left out are rineanna there squad isn't big enough. they where up there last year but couldn't sustain it. mountshannon and cratloe, on there day better than most teams if not all but dont have enough of them days. surprise package bridge ****** and not so much of a surprise newtown.

forgot to mention johnny purtill best goalkeeper around in last 10-15 years.... but as mentioned above when u have the likes of ray casey / mannix etc in front of you it helps ... ah the good old days of clare league soccer.. :D :D :D

bunrattyrat
23/07/2005, 12:41 PM
:D paddy dunne is a nut case who ever was stupid enough to let him be a ref should sit down and have a serious chat to himself..paddy make's up rules as he goes along..i'll tell ye a good 1 about paddy we where beating a team i think 5 or 6 nill so paddy said to us that if we score another goal the player who scores we be sent off and he gave them 2 peno's for no reason like how can u have a ref like that come on like are the clare league stupid to let him continue i actually hate when i see paddy name on the papper to ref us because i no its going to be a disaster when he refs..PADDY IF UR OUT THERE WORD OF ADVICE PLEASE GIVE IT UP AND KEEP TO THINGS THAT UR GOOD AT!!!

progress
23/07/2005, 1:03 PM
Who did davy wall sign for

old boy
25/07/2005, 7:37 AM
Who did davy wall sign for

seems he is staying at fairview for another year !! :D :) :D

backodanet
25/07/2005, 8:14 AM
Lads,

hearing a fella second name Whyte is going to ballynanty in limerick do yee know much about him?
he was on the clare oscar traynor team last year.

Kicks
25/07/2005, 2:42 PM
:D paddy dunne is a nut case who ever was stupid enough to let him be a ref should sit down and have a serious chat to himself..paddy make's up rules as he goes along..i'll tell ye a good 1 about paddy we where beating a team i think 5 or 6 nill so paddy said to us that if we score another goal the player who scores we be sent off and he gave them 2 peno's for no reason like how can u have a ref like that come on like are the clare league stupid to let him continue i actually hate when i see paddy name on the papper to ref us because i no its going to be a disaster when he refs..PADDY IF UR OUT THERE WORD OF ADVICE PLEASE GIVE IT UP AND KEEP TO THINGS THAT UR GOOD AT!!!
Couldnt agree with you more. I realise that the standard of football in the clare lague isnt very high and therefore the standard of refereeing isnt going to be very high either, but you can forgive someone for making a bad decision if it is a genuine mistake. What really irritates people is when the ref baltantly decides not to follow the rules. P. Dunne constanly sides with the team that is getting beat by 3-4 goals and delibrately gives incorrect decisions ie ruling legit goals as being offside, turning down penalties etc. Its not for him to decide that a team shouldnt get beat by more than 4 goals or so. All he seems to want is to be the focus point in every game that he refs, when he should just be letting the players get on with it. Id prefer to have more weekends off because there isnt enough refs the do all the games than for him to continue to be as ref. I mean its not even that some teams dislike him because in the past he has given decisions against him and are now they're sour with him. Every team and every player I imagine would agree that he's not fit to step foot on a pitch. How the clare league havent got rid of him by now is beyond me. People talk about how the clare league needs to be improved, well the first step should be to get rid of P. Dunne.

old boy
25/07/2005, 2:58 PM
Couldnt agree with you more. I realise that the standard of football in the clare lague isnt very high and therefore the standard of refereeing isnt going to be very high either, but you can forgive someone for making a bad decision if it is a genuine mistake. What really irritates people is when the ref baltantly decides not to follow the rules. P. Dunne constanly sides with the team that is getting beat by 3-4 goals and delibrately gives incorrect decisions ie ruling legit goals as being offside, turning down penalties etc. Its not for him to decide that a team shouldnt get beat by more than 4 goals or so. All he seems to want is to be the focus point in every game that he refs, when he should just be letting the players get on with it. Id prefer to have more weekends off because there isnt enough refs the do all the games than for him to continue to be as ref. I mean its not even that some teams dislike him because in the past he has given decisions against him and are now they're sour with him. Every team and every player I imagine would agree that he's not fit to step foot on a pitch. How the clare league havent got rid of him by now is beyond me. People talk about how the clare league needs to be improved, well the first step should be to get rid of P. Dunne.
paddy has been doing this for years .. when enough clubs complain
usually premier league teams he just gets moved down a division or two to ruin their leagues... also i feel that if you complain to much
to clare league / referee committe they then seem to go against you and you get more hassle from referees / clare league ... so in the end is it worth it..... p.s. the clare league know excatly what is going on & have just ignored it for years .. :D :D

MadMick
26/07/2005, 6:45 AM
Back from Hols and hear the Manager Merry go round has started, heard that Jim Toomey is now A Team Manager of Newmarket, any other news lads?

Fancy Bridge ****** to do well if they have signed everyone, but there has been quite a bit of interest from Limerick Teams in a number of their players, they might just have a depleted squad, this would be a shame as they are a great addition to the Prem!!!

papa-j
26/07/2005, 8:48 AM
Back from Hols and hear the Manager Merry go round has started, heard that Jim Toomey is now A Team Manager of Newmarket, any other news lads?

Fancy Bridge ****** to do well if they have signed everyone, but there has been quite a bit of interest from Limerick Teams in a number of their players, they might just have a depleted squad, this would be a shame as they are a great addition to the Prem!!!

Heard that Donal Magee & Bunratty have parted company, anybody got more info on that?

Bridge ****** are a very decent side,if they improve the squad they will be very strong.

old boy
26/07/2005, 9:46 AM
Heard that Donal Magee & Bunratty have parted company, anybody got more info on that?

Bridge ****** are a very decent side,if they improve the squad they will be very strong.

have not heard anything about d magee & bunratty...

so big daddy could be on the lookout for a new club
not to many managerial positions available either at the moment !! :eek: :eek:

old boy
27/07/2005, 1:15 PM
xxxxx
welcome bonovox ,,, hope your threads get a bit better .. :confused: :confused: :confused:

bunrattyrat
27/07/2005, 5:18 PM
all i can say is yes big daddy is gone from bunratty is was a mutual thing anyway enough about that its in the past...bunratty are starting fresh..

papa-j
28/07/2005, 8:17 AM
all i can say is yes big daddy is gone from bunratty is was a mutual thing anyway enough about that its in the past...bunratty are starting fresh..

Donal's a good lad, ye'll miss him.Whos taking over the big daddy express?

old boy
28/07/2005, 9:21 AM
Donal's a good lad, ye'll miss him.Whos taking over the big daddy express?

heard a rumour big daddy express is going home to newtown :confused: :confused: :confused: :ball:

papa-j
28/07/2005, 11:08 AM
heard a rumour big daddy express is going home to newtown :confused: :confused: :confused: :ball:

interesting. Didn't hear that, tell us more Old Boy :ball:

old boy
28/07/2005, 11:13 AM
interesting. Didn't hear that, tell us more Old Boy :ball:

not 100% sure myself ,,,, but rumour he may be going back playing football .... if so it can only be "a" or "b" team !! do you know if all managerial positions are filled with newtown !! that would be the only other option i would imagine donal would be intrested in :D :D :D :ball:

papa-j
28/07/2005, 12:50 PM
not 100% sure myself ,,,, but rumour he may be going back playing football .... if so it can only be "a" or "b" team !! do you know if all managerial positions are filled with newtown !! that would be the only other option i would imagine donal would be intrested in :D :D :D :ball:

all the managment positions are covered. I'd say he's going to play a bit with the B team. :ball:

bunrattyrat
28/07/2005, 1:08 PM
big dad was a good coach but he upset alot of players and u cant have that well all i can say is all the best to him in the future...bunratty have a new manager now and and alot of old faces are on the way back

old boy
28/07/2005, 1:59 PM
all the managment positions are covered. I'd say he's going to play a bit with the B team. :ball:

will he be welcomed back ,,, did he not leave / get pushed out on bitter terms a couple of years back !!! :D :D :D

old boy
28/07/2005, 2:00 PM
big dad was a good coach but he upset alot of players and u cant have that well all i can say is all the best to him in the future...bunratty have a new manager now and and alot of old faces are on the way back
who's the new manager & what old faces are coming back : :ball: :ball:

papa-j
28/07/2005, 4:45 PM

bet the players who were upset were the guys not in the team....... :D

papa-j
28/07/2005, 4:50 PM
will he be welcomed back ,,, did he not leave / get pushed out on bitter terms a couple of years back !!! :D :D :D

of course he will be welcomed back, he's a lot to offer. What happened before was unfortunate but its water under the bridge.
He has a lot of friends at Newtown at the end of the day its only a game of ball!!! :ball: ;)

old boy
29/07/2005, 1:15 PM
of course he will be welcomed back, he's a lot to offer. What happened before was unfortunate but its water under the bridge.
He has a lot of friends at Newtown at the end of the day its only a game of ball!!! :ball: ;)

anybody any news / transfers/ sackings ... it is that quiet we are having to go into limerick junior league threads :p :p

bunrattyrat
29/07/2005, 5:52 PM
bet the players who were upset were the guys not in the team....... :D

nope it was the players who where on the team and the players who left bunratty last year but its ok we have a fine manager now so just looking forward to the season now

bunrattyrat
30/07/2005, 10:38 AM
if the rumours are true..that jim twomey is the new bunratty manager..i have a question for any bunratty players...do ye think bringing jim back is a good idea.as did he not walk out on the club a couple of years ago when they were knocked out of the fai and munster cups....

ya jim twomey is a very good manager and i'll like the bloke alot..i have more respect to jim twomey than any other previous managers..he walked out because there was a bit of trouble not sure what but its water under the bridge..like jim twomey and noel twomey where the 2 who really got bunratty going in youth's all the way up so i cant see any problems all the lads want jim back so it will be very good for the club and the team that jim is back :ball:

bunrattyrat
01/08/2005, 9:39 AM
i think so noel is always there supporting the team every year.he wasnt picking the team last year but he was there for every game nearly..noel will be more involed this year with jim i say..there's a great team in bunratty and jim will get the best out of us there's no better man

Bonovox
01/08/2005, 12:50 PM
Does Trevor Twoomey still play ball?

bunrattyrat
02/08/2005, 3:51 PM
trevor twomey is back from aussy very soon i herd so he will be playing with bunratty this year..great player..and glad to have him back his bro pa twomey plays with the rats aswell..things are looking a bit better than last year anyway!!!

MadMick
03/08/2005, 9:50 AM
trevor twomey is back from aussy very soon i herd so he will be playing with bunratty this year..great player..and glad to have him back his bro pa twomey plays with the rats aswell..things are looking a bit better than last year anyway!!!

I heard he was in New Zealand?

Has Clem gone back with Jim or has he stayed with Newmarket?

townie
03/08/2005, 11:17 AM
sorry lads but i feel that you need good players to win leagues so i hope ur not thinkin jim twomey can make miracles happen as good as he may be! :)

old boy
03/08/2005, 11:53 AM
sorry lads but i feel that you need good players to win leagues so i hope ur not thinkin jim twomey can make miracles happen as good as he may be! :)
need a combination of good manager / players and a bit of luck along the way.. good luck to all for coming season :D :D

MadMick
03/08/2005, 12:23 PM

Not too many Managers around with his record, probably the most successful Manager in all four Divisions?

Fancy Newmarket to win the League this year, they finished reasonably strong and losing the couple of players to Limerick probably pulled them together last season. Bridge, Avenue and Bunratty to run them close.
Bridge Celtic to be in the mix but will depend if they have kept their players from last year.

Kicks
07/08/2005, 12:13 PM
Did the Wesley Web get cancelled this year?

OpenGoal
08/08/2005, 8:41 AM
Did the Wesley Web get cancelled this year?

hey Kicks,

I was talking to a couple of the shannon town lads during the week and they think the WW wont go ahead. Apparently last season ended too late, and the new season started too early. Its a pity. No sign of the Park Rangers tournament either.

MadMick
08/08/2005, 9:49 AM
hey Kicks,

I was talking to a couple of the shannon town lads during the week and they think the WW wont go ahead. Apparently last season ended too late, and the new season started too early. Its a pity. No sign of the Park Rangers tournament either.

Any changes at Olympic this year OpenGoal, you must be down as one of the early favourites for the League after almost going up, you made good progress last year!!!

OpenGoal
08/08/2005, 10:11 AM
Any changes at Olympic this year OpenGoal, you must be down as one of the early favourites for the League after almost going up, you made good progress last year!!!

We've brought in Eamonn O'Neill, Jay Reagen and Paul Drysdale. All attacking or wide players so its hard to know what formation we'll be playing this year. We'll be hoping to challenge again this year. We really shouldve done better and finished 2nd last year but shur its water under the bridge now. I havent heard of anyone leaving but I think Derek collins could be retiring. We beat summerville 3-1 last week in a friendly and narrowly lost to shannon town 2-1 on thurs evening but we were trying out new approaches so you cant really read too much into either of those. i think ther shield starts shortly so that could be a good gauge to predict our season ahead.

backodanet
08/08/2005, 11:13 AM
anyone now how the friendly between sixmilebridge and ballynaty from limerick went yesterday??

loose cannon
09/08/2005, 9:07 AM
Well lads predictions for the year coming, BUnratty and avenue to fight it out for the premier. With Bridge and New market to come close. Kilkishen for the first division

townie
09/08/2005, 10:41 AM
i fancy bridge united this year to win and newtown to push all d way! im saying that, while excluding avenue as i obviously really fancy them to win again being a player and that but wont be biased! so my prediction is avenue for the double! (the two big cups that is) :)
seriously though cant wait for it to start! lees road is looking very nice!