PDA

View Full Version : Clare Junior Soccer

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54

CousinSylDolan
23/02/2005, 2:07 PM
Rock rovers they started the game with 9 clown :D

Were you at the game????? If you were you would know this is not true.

Clown :p :p :p

CousinSylDolan
23/02/2005, 2:17 PM
Away to rock they started with 9

I say again you knobjockey......

1. Were you at the game?????
2. How do you know how many they started with??????

No I know who you play with anyway and I know why ye are called Special Olympic...... Thick as the bloody wall....

CousinSylDolan
23/02/2005, 2:31 PM
Their manager told me they started with 9 so i reckon they did.I know who u play for too but i dont know what it has to do with anything so maybe you should count to ten and take some deep breaths :cool:

I think I will..... Thanks for the advice.

OpenGoal
23/02/2005, 2:50 PM
I say again you knobjockey......

1. Were you at the game?????
2. How do you know how many they started with??????

No I know who you play with anyway and I know why ye are called Special Olympic...... Thick as the bloody wall....

Well, I think he told you, Dolan :)

CousinSylDolan
23/02/2005, 3:15 PM
Well, I think he told you, Dolan :)

Just to clear things up.....

Handicap said the Bunratty manager told him they started with 9 away to Rock which tells me he was not at the game, Thats all I wanted to know....

No point in arguing with someone who is basing points on info received from others.... Did it ever occur to the Clown the Bunratty manager might have been fooling him.... If he was at the game he would know. He was not so thats the point I was making. No point in wasting time with someone who does not know the facts...

I hope this clears everything up Opengoal.....

OpenGoal
23/02/2005, 3:19 PM
Just to clear things up.....

Handicap said the Bunratty manager told him they started with 9 away to Rock which tells me he was not at the game, Thats all I wanted to know....

No point in arguing with someone who is basing points on info received from others.... Did it ever occur to the Clown the Bunratty manager might have been fooling him.... If he was at the game he would know. He was not so thats the point I was making. No point in wasting time with someone who does not know the facts...

I hope this clears everything up Opengoal.....

Fair point Dolan.....

Why dont the two of ye sort ye;re differences out the old-fashioned way.......... in a blow-up swimming pool filled with beans. Ye could do it for charity :D

CousinSylDolan
23/02/2005, 3:26 PM
Fair point Dolan.....

Why dont the two of ye sort ye;re differences out the old-fashioned way.......... in a blow-up swimming pool filled with beans. Ye could do it for charity :D

There are other chat forums for that kind of talk that might interest you Opengoal!!!!!! Its not welcome here.

......SICKO.....

CousinSylDolan
23/02/2005, 4:38 PM
bunratty b ain't going to win nothing this year..sure didn't the lose there allstar nash to newmarket.and if rumours are right paddy o holloran is with the A squad now.is that right cousin syl???.he is too big a loss fore that team..but hey he's where he belongs in the premier

Dead right there Hacker!!!!!!! Paddy is now with the A team but is that not the idea of having a B team. It keeps pressure on the A team knowing they can be replaced by strong B players at any time....

Makes it even funnier that Bunratty B can still compete reasonably strongly in the 1st division against so called A teams....

Handicap....
Maybe your right about the Rock game!!!!!!! Its not a big deal really seen as Bunratty still won the game 3-2.... Now Drop it!!!!!!!!! :mad:

OpenGoal
24/02/2005, 6:52 AM
There are other chat forums for that kind of talk that might interest you Opengoal!!!!!! Its not welcome here.

......SICKO.....

Well, if your going to whinge like a girl, expect this kind of response :p

As for slating olympic players, check out a2zsoccer website(and current league positions) and I think you'll find your arguement to be groundless.

As for Bunratty, the last time I was out at their "pitch", I honestly thought it was a 5-a-side or kids pitch. And a bad one at that. Do they still play out there? I hope not, if they do it must be quiet embarrassing for them!

CousinSylDolan
24/02/2005, 7:31 AM
Well, if your going to whinge like a girl, expect this kind of response :p

As for slating olympic players, check out a2zsoccer website(and current league positions) and I think you'll find your arguement to be groundless.

As for Bunratty, the last time I was out at their "pitch", I honestly thought it was a 5-a-side or kids pitch. And a bad one at that. Do they still play out there? I hope not, if they do it must be quiet embarrassing for them!

Name 1 of the Olympic players I slated. I think you become a little confused and mixed me up with someone else...

League table does not lie I'll agree.... but if Oly A as ususal set their sights on finishing above Bunratty B then it says it all about them. Why not grow some balls and go challenge for promotion for once.....

And your comment about our pitch.... Well if anyone in Clare has a perfect pitch they every right to sneer at ours. Facts are in Bunratty you will find a pitch playable 12 months of the year (is Oly's) dressing rooms for home and away teams (do Oly) and a floodlit training facility (do Oly)

Now Opengoal could you stop generalising everything that is said about Special Oly at me and read the forum properly....

Hacker....

I'm not aware of any hurlers on the Bunratty B team but there may be 1 or 2... Why do you ask???????

OpenGoal
24/02/2005, 7:43 AM
Name 1 of the Olympic players I slated. I think you become a little confused and mixed me up with someone else...

League table does not lie I'll agree.... but if Oly A as ususal set their sights on finishing above Bunratty B then it says it all about them. Why not grow some balls and go challenge for promotion for once.....

And your comment about our pitch.... Well if anyone in Clare has a perfect pitch they every right to sneer at ours. Facts are in Bunratty you will find a pitch playable 12 months of the year (is Oly's) dressing rooms for home and away teams (do Oly) and a floodlit training facility (do Oly)

Now Opengoal could you stop generalising everything that is said about Special Oly at me and read the forum properly....

Hacker....

I'm not aware of any hurlers on the Bunratty B team but there may be 1 or 2... Why do you ask???????

Dolan,

Apologies if I have misread the forum, but.........

"Special Olympic...... Thick as the bloody wall...." Was this not you in a previous thread?

In any case, I think the problem here lies with the fact that shannon olympic dont really give a t*ss about bunratty B. Olympic do not consider bunratty to be a derby. I think your dislike seems to be one-way. Perhaps, some ex-bunratty players in olympics ranks may feel some rivalry but most dont. Our derby is Newtown and always will be.

Does anyone know who's playing in goals for Newtown this year?

CousinSylDolan
24/02/2005, 8:02 AM
This is a site for Clare league soccer.Naming names isnt on and slagging them off isnt either so u better hope i dont find out who u are.So cousinsyl are we naming names now.

Again not sure why you addressed me on this reply. I named no-one. I dont have control over what other people post I'm afraid.

Pauliwallnuts
24/02/2005, 8:12 AM
This is a site for Clare league soccer.Naming names isnt on and slagging them off isnt either so u better hope i dont find out who u are.

Well said Handyman. For Christ sake junior soccer is an amateur sport played for a bit of fun & something to do on sundays. Naming a person & implying that they have a gambling problem just isn't on.

So Mr.Ned Kelly can you kindly refrain from insulting people personally & stick to comments about football. Otherwise find somewhere else to post !!!

OpenGoal
24/02/2005, 8:17 AM
Well said Handyman. For Christ sake junior soccer is an amateur sport played for a bit of fun & something to do on sundays. Naming a person & implying that they have a gambling problem just isn't on.

So Mr.Ned Kelly can you kindly refrain from insulting people personally & stick to comments about football. Otherwise find somewhere else to post !!!

Agreed

CousinSylDolan
24/02/2005, 8:22 AM
You have mentioned my name in your posts and im sure u know who is slagging me off so u might tell them its not on.cheers :cool:

I agree there is no call for mentioning names especially when its to slag them off. I think you will find Hacker and Ned Kelly as the guilty parties though not myself...

Anyway getting back to football talk.... Are Mntshn any good this year in comparasion to when they were premier. Has anyone seen them yet????? Its always a tough place to go.

OpenGoal
24/02/2005, 8:54 AM
Mountshannon used to be managed by a lad from Dublin who had them well organised. Dont think they had any outstanding players, but a good solid and very physical team. Very hard to beat at home usually. Havent seen them in a few years howver, that could all have changed.

I'd be more worried aboutt he bullrushes on the pitch! :)

Pauliwallnuts
24/02/2005, 9:16 AM
Heres my predictions for the 1st round of the cup.

ENNISTYMON TOWN V NEWTOWN B

My Predicted winner is Ennistymon

TULLYCRINE CELTIC V CRATLOE CELTIC B

My predicted winner is TullyCrine

NEWMARKET CELTIC B V BRIDGE CELTIC B

Definately Newmarket B

SHANNON OLYMPIC B V KILKEE

Hard to call but I reckon Kilkee are the better team.

COORACLARE CELTIC V ST PATS B

Definately CooraClare

MANUS CELTIC V AVENUE UNITED B

Easy for Avenue B

HERMITAGE V BURREN UTD

The Tage all the way

KILKISHEN CELTIC B V KILDYSERT CELTIC

Kildysert methinks

RHINE ROVERS V RINEANNA ROVERS B

Rhine Rovers to win

BRIDGE UNITED B V TULLA UNITED B

The Bridge B

BallBreaker
24/02/2005, 9:42 AM
Dolan,

Apologies if I have misread the forum, but.........

"Special Olympic...... Thick as the bloody wall...." Was this not you in a previous thread?

In any case, I think the problem here lies with the fact that shannon olympic dont really give a t*ss about bunratty B. Olympic do not consider bunratty to be a derby. I think your dislike seems to be one-way. Perhaps, some ex-bunratty players in olympics ranks may feel some rivalry but most dont. Our derby is Newtown and always will be.

Does anyone know who's playing in goals for Newtown this year?

Hi all,just entered the forum,i see a lot of rubbish going on,this should be a place where things are discussed and points of view put across,there should be no need for name calling.........
I think Trevor O Donnell (Skinny) is in goal for Newtown............

leftie
24/02/2005, 9:46 AM
Paul I agree with your predictions for the most part. The tie of the round would have to be the SOBs against Kilkee as all the other games seem to have clear favourites. It's the top 2 in the 3rd division and it was 2-2 last time they met in Kilkee as you probably know from those match reports on a2z. Could also be a good indicator of who will go on and win the division. Anyone know what time these games kick off at? Oh and what makes you say that Kilkee are the better side?

OpenGoal
24/02/2005, 11:05 AM
Paul I agree with your predictions for the most part. The tie of the round would have to be the SOBs against Kilkee as all the other games seem to have clear favourites. It's the top 2 in the 3rd division and it was 2-2 last time they met in Kilkee as you probably know from those match reports on a2z. Could also be a good indicator of who will go on and win the division. Anyone know what time these games kick off at? Oh and what makes you say that Kilkee are the better side?

Have OlyB played Kilkee in the league yet this year?

leftie
24/02/2005, 11:36 AM
Yes, here's the totally unbiased match report :rolleyes:

Match Report (http://www.a2zsoccer.com/news/content_generic.cfm?file=1594459&RES=Y)

oldspice
24/02/2005, 11:59 AM
Mountshannon used to be managed by a lad from Dublin who had them well organised. Dont think they had any outstanding players, but a good solid and very physical team. Very hard to beat at home usually. Havent seen them in a few years howver, that could all have changed.

I'd be more worried aboutt he bullrushes on the pitch! :)

Mountshannon aren't playing among the rushes anymore, they've moved to Sacriff. They are very up and down at the moment and it really depends on who turns up on any given Sunday. They have a few dedicated and very determined players/officials but don't seem to have the required backup to mount a sustained challenge. With basically the pick of the Whitegate/Scariff/Bodyke/Feakle region, they should challenge stronger and when they put their minds to it they can. Last week they played Tulla (as close to a local derby as Mountshannon can get) and by all accounts deserved the points. Since you're asking now, I presume you're with Bunratty B and having seen ye last Sunday, I'd say ye are more than capable of beating them. Just don't let the game get too physical or ye'll hand it to them.

OpenGoal
24/02/2005, 12:55 PM
Old Spice,

I'm not with BunrattyB , but interested to hear that you rate them. Do you think they're in with a chance of promotion?

You seem to be pretty in tune with things in the first division , what are your predictions for this weekends league fixtures, and who do you predict to go up/down?

CousinSylDolan
24/02/2005, 1:27 PM
Old Spice,

I'm not with BunrattyB , but interested to hear that you rate them. Do you think they're in with a chance of promotion?

You seem to be pretty in tune with things in the first division , what are your predictions for this weekends league fixtures, and who do you predict to go up/down?

Unfortunately Bunratty B cannot go up to the premier division as their A team are there. So unless the Bunratty A go from champions to being relegated in 1 season Bunratty B will not be promoted.

TBH staying in the 1st division is priority as no wins from the 1st 6 games is hardly the form of a team challenging at the top.

The division seems wide open at the moment. I fancy Olympic, Bridge Celtic, Tulla and Mntshn to battle for the top 2 spots but you cant write off Rock, Corofin or Kilkishen. As I say wide open....7 teams with all to play for.

devilfish
24/02/2005, 1:44 PM
This is a site for Clare league soccer.Naming names isnt on and slagging them off isnt either so u better hope i dont find out who u are.So cousinsyl are we naming names now.

Handyman, you've changed your tune. Not so long ago you were the first person in here to mention somone in a bad mannered way when you described an ex-Bunratty player now with Newmarket as eating "pork pies"......and you try and back track by slaggin CousinSylDolan and making him out to be the bad guy. I think you're the one who should go and have a look at yourself and I probably speak on everyones behalf in here when i say good riddance, now shag off.

Kilkee for the Cup!!

CousinSylDolan
24/02/2005, 2:20 PM
Where is this post i wrote?You must be mixing me up with someone else.was it on this thread?

It was post #88 on this thread but you have gone in and edited it.

leftie
24/02/2005, 2:35 PM
Come on guys get over it. By the way if he had edited that post it would say so and it doesn't.

CousinSylDolan
24/02/2005, 3:02 PM
Come on guys get over it. By the way if he had edited that post it would say so and it doesn't.

It was deleted then.......

Oh come on Handicap you know I'm right. I might just have to head to PP's later and give you a good hiding :D :D :D

CousinSylDolan
24/02/2005, 3:35 PM
Fair enough never meant to offend anyone.Il wait in pps for u but if its going to be like that league medal il b waiting til christmas :cool:

Ha Ha.... You got it didn't you...

Do you do any work by the way?????????

oldspice
24/02/2005, 3:52 PM
Old Spice,

Sorry, Opengoal, I quoted you because you had referred to Mountshannon but it was Cousinsyl who had originally asked what they were like, therefore it was he I guessed was from Bunratty B, though with all the sh1t that's been flying the last couple of days that has been pretty much confirmed. (By the way CSD where do you get all the time to be visiting this site ... I'll tell my sister-in-law Sandra and she'll report you to the boss!!!). Anyway, my knowledge of Div.1 stems from me standing on the sideline every Sunday watching my team going into decline. Bunratty B may have lost a few early on but we are the form team for the drop if the last 3 games are anything to go by. Recently I've watched Olympic who have been very impressive, say what you like about Rob, but he's doing a good job there. Corofin are strong at home but only because of their pitch ... they'll struggle big time in the away games.

Kilmaley can beat any team in the division on their day as they showed against Bridge Celtic a couple of weeks ago but again are too inconsistent. Kilkishen looked really good early on but have lost too many of their best players already. If they can get their act back together they can still challenge but at the moment it doesn't look good. Bunratty B are a decent side when they have their best 11 out but having to support their A team comes against them (Pat O'Halloran etc). However, having no outstanding players seems to be in their favour as they are well balanced and work hard for each other. The class team in the division for me is Bridge Celtic. They had a great run in the FAI and look set to carry that through to the league. Ger O'Connell is also a big addition. As long as they stay focussed and don't lose too much to the GAA I can't see anyone else winning the division.

Olympic for runners up and a dogfight for the play-off spot. As for this week-end, Mountshannon and Bunratty is tough to call. After seeing Bunratty last weekend I think they could do it but I haven't seen Mountshannon in a while so I'll reserve judgement. Olympic should have too much for Corofin at home and I fancy Kilmaley to take the points against Rock who seem to be struggling lately. Bridge Celtic should of course stuff Kilkishen but we'll see ... we live in hope. Finally, do I rate Bunratty B? They can't be promoted as CSD stated but only for a tame finish last season they could have finished in the top 3. They don't seem to be as strong this year and have already dropped too many points to be contenders. However, anyone who thinks they'll be a walkover could end up with egg on their faces ... ask Rock and Kilkishen.

CousinSylDolan
24/02/2005, 4:48 PM
Ah back to talking football at last!!!!!!!

Oldspice,

I'll have you know I'm the hardest worker in this place....I agree with what you have said about 1st division teams.... Bridge Celtic are clear favourites. Did they sign Ger O'Connell formerly of Pike Rovers.... A class act if its him.

You seem to be very knowledgeable on the division even though its yere 1st time up in the division for a while!!!!!!!!!!

Pity Limerick came looking for Brian Donnellan!!!!!!!!!

CousinSylDolan
25/02/2005, 7:41 AM
cousin syl,
i'm looking forward to taking your clubs money on friday in the poker classic !!!! many expected???

Should be a good crowd hopefully. Its been advertised well so we are hoping a crowd show up.

I'll be distraught if an Olympian walks out of there with the winnings.

oldspice
25/02/2005, 7:52 AM

Oldspice,

I'll have you know I'm the hardest worker in this place....I agree with what you have said about 1st division teams.... Bridge Celtic are clear favourites. Did they sign Ger O'Connell formerly of Pike Rovers.... A class act if its him.

You seem to be very knowledgeable on the division even though its yere 1st time up in the division for a while!!!!!!!!!!

If only they had been satisfied with just taking Bryan, afterwards they came back for Declan Farmer and now they have Gary Flynn who is just coming back from a cruciate operation training with them. We've been raped!!!!
Incidentally we were in the 1st four years back but the stay was very brief. Let's hope it lasts a bit longer this time.
Yeah, it's Ger from Pike all right, if what I'm hearing is to be believed. I'd like to be able to tell you on Monday he's not all that good but we're up against it.

OpenGoal
25/02/2005, 8:10 AM
Ger O'Connell is pretty handy, but by no means their best player. He has an awful tendency to hold onto the ball, which can frustrate team-mates. His strong point is running at defenders and drawing fouls, and has the art of falling to the ground down to a t. His brother Barry plays on the left wing, and is very tricky indeed. In my (humble :) ) opinion, their best player, and probably the best player in the division is the midfielder/centre-half , a guy called Daniel. To me, he is the difference between Bridge Celtic and the other teams in the division.

Very early prediction for the league from what I've seen would be

Bridge
Olympic
Tulla
Mountshannon
Kilmaley
Rock
Kilkishen
Corofin
Bunratty
Kilrush

BallBreaker
25/02/2005, 9:13 AM
cousin syl,
i'm looking forward to taking your clubs money on friday in the poker classic !!!! many expected???

Where is the Poker classic on and what time ???????

BallBreaker
25/02/2005, 9:21 AM

Oldspice,

Let's be honest,if a fella has potential he is not going to remain in the Clare league no matter how much he loves his club,perceptions are a hard thing and the perception is Limerick is a higher class than Clare.Jim Madden is doing his best but we are 2nd by a long way to the GAA :( ,Connolly or Moher didn't play a match while the Gaa clubs were still in competition,i even think Connolly gave a walkover in the FAI junior cup.

oldspice
25/02/2005, 9:42 AM
[QUOTE=BallBreaker]Let's be honest,if a fella has potential he is not going to remain in the Clare league no matter how much he loves his club,perceptions are a hard thing and the perception is Limerick is a higher class than Clare.Jim Madden is doing his best but we are 2nd by a long way to the GAA :( ,Connolly or Moher didn't play a match while the Gaa clubs were still in competition,i even think Connolly gave a walkover in the FAI junior cup.[/QUO

The guys in question are not gone to junior clubs in Limerick but to Limerick FC. I'm certainly not saying they shouldn't go, on the contrary, if they're good enough I think they should play at the highest possible level. It does make it difficult for smaller clubs though that as soon as they produce a decent player, someone bigger steps in and poaches him. For years, our club was a breeding ground for good young players but never had enough at any one time to sustain a challenge. Premier clubs seemed to think that they could just come along and offer any of our players football at a higher level and they would be gone. As a result, we stayed yo-yoing between the 2nd and 3rd divisions. Last season after a sustained effort, many of these players agreed to come back and have a good go at getting us out of that situation and we won the 2nd division for the first time. Now, the sharks seem to be circling again only bigger ones this time. I know we're not the only club to suffer this way but it really makes you wonder why some people bother !!!

CousinSylDolan
25/02/2005, 9:48 AM
Where is the Poker classic on and what time ???????

Bunratty F.C. are running a Poker Classic tonight (25th Feb) in the Clonmoney Suite of the Shannon Shamrock Hotel.

8.30 is the start time.... I'll be wearing these:cool: :cool: :cool:

Pauliwallnuts
25/02/2005, 10:30 AM
Good Idea Handyman. Would they actually do a free ad for you like that ???

OpenGoal
25/02/2005, 10:32 AM
From dealing with them in the past, I seriously doubt it!

Does anyone know the odds for the Chelsea vs liverpool game?

CousinSylDolan
25/02/2005, 10:37 AM
From dealing with them in the past, I seriously doubt it!

Does anyone know the odds for the Chelsea vs liverpool game?

Chelsea 2-5
Liverpool 7-4

Waste of my time trying a2z... I've tried advertising stuff before but was told to rag off........

BallBreaker
25/02/2005, 10:42 AM
[QUOTE=BallBreaker]Let's be honest,if a fella has potential he is not going to remain in the Clare league no matter how much he loves his club,perceptions are a hard thing and the perception is Limerick is a higher class than Clare.Jim Madden is doing his best but we are 2nd by a long way to the GAA :( ,Connolly or Moher didn't play a match while the Gaa clubs were still in competition,i even think Connolly gave a walkover in the FAI junior cup.[/QUO

The guys in question are not gone to junior clubs in Limerick but to Limerick FC. I'm certainly not saying they shouldn't go, on the contrary, if they're good enough I think they should play at the highest possible level. It does make it difficult for smaller clubs though that as soon as they produce a decent player, someone bigger steps in and poaches him. For years, our club was a breeding ground for good young players but never had enough at any one time to sustain a challenge. Premier clubs seemed to think that they could just come along and offer any of our players football at a higher level and they would be gone. As a result, we stayed yo-yoing between the 2nd and 3rd divisions. Last season after a sustained effort, many of these players agreed to come back and have a good go at getting us out of that situation and we won the 2nd division for the first time. Now, the sharks seem to be circling again only bigger ones this time. I know we're not the only club to suffer this way but it really makes you wonder why some people bother !!!

I agree,but nothing can be done to stop it,the top teams in Clare can never be consistantly up there Nationally because of perceptions and the GAA.
The premier league in Clare at the moment is a joke,every team is struggling week in week out,i would say the reason they won the oscar traynor last year was they trained together every week and were more like a club team and fought hard on the pitch. :mad: :mad:

oldspice
25/02/2005, 11:09 AM
I agree,but nothing can be done to stop it,the top teams in Clare can never be consistantly up there Nationally because of perceptions and the GAA.
The premier league in Clare at the moment is a joke,every team is struggling week in week out,i would say the reason they won the oscar traynor last year was they trained together every week and were more like a club team and fought hard on the pitch. :mad: :mad:

Not sure if NOTHING can be done but it would take a concerted and combined effort. The LDSL (Limerick League) have decided to fight back and are entering a combined U-21 team into the national U-21 league. This is designed to combat Limerick FC setting up an U-21 team to poach the best underage players from the junior clubs. They offer the promising youngsters national competition with their peers but the number of games is limited as they are only involved with the 1 team unless they are good enough to play with the seniors. Under the LDSL, the players can play U-21 representatively but also retain junior status and play with their club ..... If I was in the position, I know I'd rather the best of both worlds.

oldspice
25/02/2005, 3:00 PM
Congrats Cousinsyldolan on your recent promotion !!!!

OpenGoal
28/02/2005, 6:34 AM
Shannon Olympic 2 - 0 Corofin

Kilmaley 1 - 1 Rock

Any others?????

CousinSylDolan
28/02/2005, 7:09 AM
Shannon Olympic 2 - 0 Corofin

Kilmaley 1 - 1 Rock

Any others?????

Mountshannon 3 0 Bunratty B
Bridge Celtic 1 0 Kilkishen A

OpenGoal
28/02/2005, 7:46 AM
did you see either of those matches? Were Mountshannon as strong as the the scoreline suggests????

CousinSylDolan
28/02/2005, 8:06 AM
did you see either of those matches? Were Mountshannon as strong as the the scoreline suggests????

No... Mountshannon played well but it was 1-0 for about 70 mins. Bunratty also hit the crossbar with a free kick. Mountshannon deserved their win but not by 3-0. The 3rd goal was a penalty in the last minute.

Who scored for Special Olympic yesterday??????? Good win!!!!!!!

oldspice
28/02/2005, 8:06 AM
Ger O'Connell is pretty handy, but by no means their best player. He has an awful tendency to hold onto the ball, which can frustrate team-mates. His strong point is running at defenders and drawing fouls, and has the art of falling to the ground down to a t. His brother Barry plays on the left wing, and is very tricky indeed. In my (humble :) ) opinion, their best player, and probably the best player in the division is the midfielder/centre-half , a guy called Daniel. To me, he is the difference between Bridge Celtic and the other teams in the division.

Having watched Bridge Celtic V Kilkishen yesterday (Best game I've seen this season, very close with Bridge just about deserving to edge it, and well handled by ref Dave Mc Carthy) it has reinforced my opinion that Bridge will win the league. The player you mentioned was Daniel Ahern, son of their manager as far as I know. Don't think he's their only player though, they are solid all over the field and all can play football. Steve Howard, is solid as ever but he has two good full backs in Will Slattery and Brian Coscrove, They are very strong in the middle with the two Aherns and the O'Connells and Ricky Moath up front will cause problems for any defence, but the real gem they have is David Hickey who started on the right wing but swithed over and back to the left a few times. He's lightning fast and well able to play. Well able to score a goal too as we found out.

OpenGoal
28/02/2005, 8:32 AM
No... Mountshannon played well but it was 1-0 for about 70 mins. Bunratty also hit the crossbar with a free kick. Mountshannon deserved their win but not by 3-0. The 3rd goal was a penalty in the last minute.

Who scored for Special Olympic yesterday??????? Good win!!!!!!!

Who are "Special" Olympic?