PDA

View Full Version : Clare Junior Soccer

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54

Prem Rep!
25/04/2005, 3:01 PM
So was it a good idea to change management, considering the fella last year won the league?
Managers don't win leagues and both lads did good jobs.
The only difference being that the year we won the league we were getting the breaks. There is very little between the top 5 teams in the premier and if you put a run together and build the confidence at the right time of the season you are in with a good shout.
Confidence is low at the minute. We started great winning our first 5 but then the fixtures started to slow up and we were playing once every 3-4 weeks. Hard to keep a team together and motivated when you are only playing once a month.

Clifford
25/04/2005, 5:47 PM
If Rineanna are to stay up they will have to take points from either Avenue, Bridge, Newmarket or Bunratty. Could there be a twist in the premier tale yet??
Can't see Avenue dropping any more points to be honest. Bridge were unlucky not to get something from the game yesterday. Avenue were rewarded a very dubious penalty, scored by man of the match Honan. I thought the ref who usually is very good was very biased yesterday.
Not making excuses, Avenue were fitter than us and got the breaks which everyone knows you need if your going to win title.

even stevie wonder saw hand to ball??????????.
the only bad decision the man in the middle did yesterday was award a throw to avenue when clearly came off an avenue player.

Clifford
25/04/2005, 5:55 PM
Managers don't win leagues and both lads did good jobs.
The only difference being that the year we won the league we were getting the breaks. There is very little between the top 5 teams in the premier and if you put a run together and build the confidence at the right time of the season you are in with a good shout.
Confidence is low at the minute. We started great winning our first 5 but then the fixtures started to slow up and we were playing once every 3-4 weeks. Hard to keep a team together and motivated when you are only playing once a month.

don't agree about managers not winning leagues. if u have a muppet who puts strikers in defence etc then it matters. if you what to be successful u need a successful manager. at the end of the day he calls the shots, pulls the strings, needs to know who to take off and put on and more importantly when to do it.

4-4-2
26/04/2005, 6:56 AM
Corofin 2 Olympic 1 , Olympic 1-0 up at half time then let corofin back into it with some poor play, lost Joey O Neil after a few minutes and to be honest i should have come off at half time but still we should have one that game, 1-0 up at half time away from home you just cant give teams lifelines and expect them not to take them, 2 games left 3rd is still very much there for us but as i said before corofin and kilkishen are right back in it now,Welldone MountShannon that result should see you up :ball:

oldspice
26/04/2005, 7:21 AM
Corofin 2 Olympic 1 , Olympic 1-0 up at half time then let corofin back into it with some poor play, lost Joey O Neil after a few minutes and to be honest i should have come off at half time but still we should have one that game, 1-0 up at half time away from home you just cant give teams lifelines and expect them not to take them, 2 games left 3rd is still very much there for us but as i said before corofin and kilkishen are right back in it now,Welldone MountShannon that result should see you up :ball:

Congrats to Mountshannon. They're the first team promoted eventhough they may not win the league. It's still in Olympic's own hands ...just. They need to win both their remaining games to gurantee a play off dor third with Corofin inthe same boat. However, with Corofin down to play Bridge Celtic tomorrow evening with Bridge looking to win the league at home Olympic could be third on their own. Kilkishen don't have it in their own hands. They need to win their three remaining games, one of which is against Olympic and hope Corofin drop points. Looks like nothing is going to be decided here until all games have been played. At the other end of the table, it's beginning to look like Tulla ot Kilmaley for the play off spot with Kilmaley having to play Olympic and Tulla. However, Kilkishen, though they could still be promoted, aren't fully safe from relegation yet.

CousinSylDolan
26/04/2005, 7:25 AM
so i just think of Bunratty B in the 2nd div next season :D

What a shame you dont "think" of the teams ye played in yere last 2 games and ye might have a better return of 0 points from 6. :p :D :p

devilfish
26/04/2005, 7:25 AM
I can't believe Olympic didn't win last night. Maybe its time to stop all the rubbish talk 4-4-2 and get the heads down and hope for that play-off position. Big one against Kilmaley but I fully expect an away win. What has happened to ye??? All this great talk from you about how well ye've done this year but it seems to be slipping away......I remember one great quote when ye played our B team..."great work Olympic, thats the reason we're going to get promoted this year"...I couldn't help but think at the time that it was going to come back and bite you in the h*le.... :D

CousinSylDolan
26/04/2005, 7:32 AM
It's not Ennistymon we need to overtake, but Manus. They are 3 points better off than us with all their games played.

Ennistymon beat Newtown B 2-0 I believe lads.

4-4-2
26/04/2005, 7:40 AM
I can't believe Olympic didn't win last night. Maybe its time to stop all the rubbish talk 4-4-2 and get the heads down and hope for that play-off position. Big one against Kilmaley but I fully expect an away win. What has happened to ye??? All this great talk from you about how well ye've done this year but it seems to be slipping away......I remember one great quote when ye played our B team..."great work Olympic, thats the reason we're going to get promoted this year"...I couldn't help but think at the time that it was going to come back and bite you in the h*le.... :D
Nice to see the Rats have come back all the nice talk over the last few weeks have been that just talk waiting for a moment to have a dirty dig because thats all they can do may i just say when push came to shove in the head to heads the rats went missing, i stand by what i say i still think we will get up have you ever seen me write anything else, Rubbish talk dont know what your getting at there i have taken all defeats on the chin we lost last night because we let corofin back into it...but sure i could say we only had 10 men or maybe alot of our team from last year left for park, our B team is Fecked because the A team keep taking our players or some other crap reasons like the rats club have come out with this year, :D

devilfish
26/04/2005, 7:53 AM
"the way Rats A have fallen apart this season"...quote from 4-4-2

Now lets talk about dirty digs...as for putting up a defence of a double, I think we've done ok with what we've got. We never complained once this year, took each win and loss as they came and recorded some good wins. E.g. Away to Avenue last week, probable champions and we beat them....oh and some good defeats as Cratloe will testify. Has anyone noticed how 4-4-2 has continuosly jibed CousinSyl over the "A" team......we all know in Bunratty the reasons he has for that....look lads I'm not on here for a slagging match and believe it or not i'd like to see Olympic promoted but from what some of their players and managers have said to me, they would prefer people to be quiet and stop digging holes for themselves in here...just some advice 4-4-2....

4-4-2
26/04/2005, 8:05 AM
"the way Rats A have fallen apart this season"...quote from 4-4-2

Now lets talk about dirty digs...as for putting up a defence of a double, I think we've done ok with what we've got. We never complained once this year, took each win and loss as they came and recorded some good wins. E.g. Away to Avenue last week, probable champions and we beat them....oh and some good defeats as Cratloe will testify. Has anyone noticed how 4-4-2 has continuosly jibed CousinSyl over the "A" team......we all know in Bunratty the reasons he has for that....look lads I'm not on here for a slagging match and believe it or not i'd like to see Olympic promoted but from what some of their players and managers have said to me, they would prefer people to be quiet and stop digging holes for themselves in here...just some advice 4-4-2....
Has anyone noticed how 4-4-2 has continuosly jibed CousinSyl over the "A" team......we all know in Bunratty the reasons he has for that....
I think you have lost it Devilfish bit of a "I WILL LOVE IT" rant but thats alright we all lose it sometimes if you have something to say say it and let it all out in the open you'll feel better and who knows we might know what the hell you are going on about as for digging holes sure its only a bit of fun :p

devilfish
26/04/2005, 8:07 AM
I'll calm you down with a coffee and scone in a half hour....

4-4-2
26/04/2005, 8:15 AM
I'll calm you down with a coffee and scone in a half hour....
See you then but you know i only eat fruit i think after 4 years you would know that.... ;)

devilfish
26/04/2005, 8:16 AM
It's ok....I'll pay...

4-4-2
26/04/2005, 8:25 AM
It's ok....I'll pay...
Jesus in that case i'll have a full Irish :D we better do some work or we'll be in HR having our Break

Prem Rep!
26/04/2005, 9:09 AM
don't agree about managers not winning leagues. if u have a muppet who puts strikers in defence etc then it matters. if you what to be successful u need a successful manager. at the end of the day he calls the shots, pulls the strings, needs to know who to take off and put on and more importantly when to do it.

Of course managers play an important role but if your players don't have the drive and only train when it suits them, there is little a manager can do. Honestly thought the penalty was ball to hand and not the other way around.

MadMick
26/04/2005, 9:26 AM
Of course managers play an important role but if your players don't have the drive and only train when it suits them, there is little a manager can do. Honestly thought the penalty was ball to hand and not the other way around.

How far away was the player who handled to the player who struck the ball, if it was within five yards then a Penalty should not be given unless he moves his hand to the ball, if it was greater than five yards then it is down to the ref to decide if the player could have moved his hand out of the way!

Prem Rep!
26/04/2005, 9:40 AM
How far away was the player who handled to the player who struck the ball, if it was within five yards then a Penalty should not be given unless he moves his hand to the ball, if it was greater than five yards then it is down to the ref to decide if the player could have moved his hand out of the way!
Player dipped his shoulder and the ball hit his upper arm (closer to shoulder than elbow area). Not sure if he really had enough time to move but enough of that anyway, we have no excuses. Avenue were fitter and stronger on the day.

MadMick
26/04/2005, 9:47 AM
Player dipped his shoulder and the ball hit his upper arm (closer to shoulder than elbow area). Not sure if he really had enough time to move but enough of that anyway, we have no excuses. Avenue were fitter and stronger on the day.

I am afraid the ref probably got it right by your description, if you move your arm to the ball then you are asking for trouble. Not what you probably wanted to hear!

Prem Rep!
26/04/2005, 9:52 AM
I am afraid the ref probably got it right by your description, if you move your arm to the ball then you are asking for trouble. Not what you probably wanted to hear!
It's all the one at this stage anyway MadMick. We haven't been good enough at the stage when trophies are won. Leagues aren't won before Christmas and to be honest it looks like we have thrown it away again. Last year we lost the league by 2 points (Tulla beat us home and away and now look like heading to the second division). This year we only took 1 point from Cratloe which is not good enough.

shelbourne1904
26/04/2005, 11:00 AM
Folks,
Is this the same BunrattyB who were complaining that it was wrong that they couldnt be promoted to the Premier last year??
"We tend to scorn the base degrees by which we do ascend"

4-4-2
26/04/2005, 11:15 AM
Folks,
Is this the same BunrattyB who were complaining that it was wrong that they couldnt be promoted to the Premier last year??

Shelbourne i hope your not going to drive anywhere soon because i think you have been drinking too much :D
Only pulling the pee pee

CousinSylDolan
26/04/2005, 11:50 AM
Folks,

No its a totally different Bunratty B. You seem to be getting very confused.
Are you sure you should not be logged into www.poetryfreaks.com....

Someone in there might be able to work out what exactly you are talking about. :confused: :confused: :confused:

MadMick
26/04/2005, 11:58 AM
No its a totally different Bunratty B. You seem to be getting very confused.
Are you sure you should not be logged into www.poetryfreaks.com....

Someone in there might be able to work out what exactly you are talking about. :confused: :confused: :confused:

To B or not To B

myleftfoot
26/04/2005, 5:54 PM
Premier relegation fight hotting up now. Rinana have enough games left to pull through. Cratloe with one game left still vulnerable. Fancy Moher to clinch the playoff spot. Apparently they had a lot of county footballers back for the cup game with Bridge. Des Mollohan even scored the winner. As long as county Football manager continues to let them play Moher will be fine. Clare team just back from weeks training in USA. they will be fitter and stronger than ever! Clare don't have football championship until late May. Cant see them losing a play-off with any 1st div opponents with those guys back on board.

plasticpitch
26/04/2005, 6:13 PM
well myleftfoot , i hope moher have their strongest team out for the ave match.... they seem to think league is over and only have to turn up at there remaining games.... anybody from moher on this thread... READ HERE.... i hope moher stay up.. they are really tryn to devolp their club...but PLEASE PLEASE narrow yer pitch for your matches so we can stop bringing the goalie up to take the corners!!!

allrounder
26/04/2005, 7:18 PM
Premier relegation fight hotting up now. Rinneana have enough games left to pull through. Cratloe with one game left still vulnerable. Fancy Moher to clinch the playoff spot. Cant see them losing a play-off with any 1st div opponents

mlf, moher have to win all 3 remaining games to be in with a chance of a playoff for a playoff. newmarket(a) avenue (h) newtown(a). Its possible but unlikely. cratloe are 9 points ahead of moher and could get something from their last game with newmarket if they get a full team out. I thought when the gaa would start cratloe would totally fade away but in last 5 games they have only 1 loss. If rineanna dont get the lead out they could be the ones in the playoff. their last four games are all away against avenue, bunratty, newmarket and bridge.

leftie
27/04/2005, 8:07 AM
Newtown B 0 - 2 Kilkee

Kilkee have effectively won the 3rd Division

shelbourne1904
27/04/2005, 10:12 AM
If Moher loose against Newmarket is it not all over for them and they may have no interest in the games Versus Avenue and Newtown?/

If ,as seems to be the opinion on this site, that Moher will survive the palyoffs,we will have them and Mountshannon in the Premier both of whom have big GAA head membership how will they comply with the new August start for the League????Or will their season start in December like Connolys did this year?

Well done to Kilkee,the last outpost untouched by the foreign sport for years but now creeping up the Divisions!!!A good young team with a mad but very good goalkeeper who bosses his penalty area very well.

number?
27/04/2005, 11:38 AM
well who do ye all think will be the new premier champions? i say new because it wont be bunratty this time! its a tough one but its definately gonna be avenue lifford or newmarket! avenue play rhineanna tonight and to be honest rhineanna beat em 3-1 last time with no complaints will be interseting! lifford play newtown tomor night if they fail to win avenue can win the league sunday by beating already relegated moher! but moher wont give them handy points relegated or not! also wat ye think is premier league team of year! here a few top players iv played against!

johnny o coru
sean lindsay
docka newmarket
monty newm
lawlor newm
johnny clohessy lifford
tristan meeney bridge

Kicks
27/04/2005, 2:22 PM
Does anyone know if there are any new teams set to join the league next year. With the 3 already gone from the second to be replaced by the 3 promoted teams from the 3rd, and with the possibility of newtown b also pulling out of the 3rd division, it could be the weakest the division has ever been. This year the 3rd division has been weaker than in previous years, it could be that it gets even weaker.

MadMick
27/04/2005, 2:41 PM
Does anyone know if there are any new teams set to join the league next year. With the 3 already gone from the second to be replaced by the 3 promoted teams from the 3rd, and with the possibility of newtown b also pulling out of the 3rd division, it could be the weakest the division has ever been. This year the 3rd division has been weaker than in previous years, it could be that it gets even weaker.

I think there should be 3 Divisions in the Clare League. We have 28 clubs but 40 teams, not easy to find a fix for this, maybe two divisions of 14 and a B League!

leftie
27/04/2005, 2:42 PM

I don't know that Newtown B are going to pull out. There has been no word that the amalgimation is going ahead and if anything I've heard that it's not. It'd be good to get some new teams in thoughas a 6 team third division would help nobody.

Kicks
27/04/2005, 2:56 PM
I think there should be 3 Divisions in the Clare League. We have 28 clubs but 40 teams, not easy to find a fix for this, maybe two divisions of 14 and a B League!

I think this would be a good idea. It would mean more games for every club. Its only April and the league is almost over just as the weather is getting better. Also most B teams either stay in the third division or collapse ie Cratloe B are gone after a only a few years. Bunratty B are going backwards. Another example of a b team who started well but are now doing poorly are Newtown. So not having the b teams being able to get promoted wouldnt have too much of a negative effect. Any b team player who becomes too good to play in the B team division can move up to the A team, while at the same time it would prevent the current situation where b teams get promoted do well for a while and then either pull out or become the whipping boys of the division. For example I think Avenue b will get to the first division and then quickly go bakwards

leftie
27/04/2005, 3:20 PM
I think this would be a good idea. It would mean more games for every club. Its only April and the league is almost over just as the weather is getting better. Also most B teams either stay in the third division or collapse ie Cratloe B are gone after a only a few years. Bunratty B are going backwards. Another example of a b team who started well but are now doing poorly are Newtown. So not having the b teams being able to get promoted wouldnt have too much of a negative effect. Any b team player who becomes too good to play in the B team division can move up to the A team, while at the same time it would prevent the current situation where b teams get promoted do well for a while and then either pull out or become the whipping boys of the division. For example I think Avenue b will get to the first division and then quickly go bakwards

Why not make it a reserve league, rather than the restrictions associated with playing for A & B there currently is.

It could be used for blooding new players or getting fitness up, or indeed punishing players who have been out on the **** ;) .

That way the second team would add value to the main squad.

Currently the two teams at most clubs are quite distinct with very little swapping of players and playing different styles of football. If the whole club was treated as one squad then I think teams would become stronger

4-4-2
27/04/2005, 3:51 PM
Why not make it a reserve league, rather than the restrictions associated with playing for A & B there currently is.

It could be used for blooding new players or getting fitness up, or indeed punishing players who have been out on the **** ;) .

That way the second team would add value to the main squad.

Currently the two teams at most clubs are quite distinct with very little swapping of players and playing different styles of football. If the whole club was treated as one squad then I think teams would become stronger

Very good points made it would increase the numbers training and also let fellas have a go at the A team for a few games to see if there up to it without the B teams losing a good player, i have felt for a long time that it would be the way to go for clare with such a small league where b teams ofter find themselves on the heals of the A team Like Bunratty last year and now the B team has suffered (and no this is not a dig), :ball:

gaffer
27/04/2005, 4:14 PM
i think that the rule that states playing 5 games for the A team means you are then an A team player is terrible....i think if you miss 2 consecitive weeks for your A team true injury or what ever other reason you should be intitled to play a B match to get your fitness back and so that the A team manager can see if your fit enough or good enough to be back in the A team..at the end of the day a B team is really only mean't to be a feeder for your A team..

I checked this rule this year and it states that a B team player can only play a max. of 5 games for the A team. I do agree with your idea on A team players being able to play for B team if absent from team for an extended period.

myleftfoot
27/04/2005, 4:22 PM
well who do ye all think will be the new premier champions? i say new because it wont be bunratty this time! its a tough one but its definately gonna be avenue lifford or newmarket! avenue play rhineanna tonight and to be honest rhineanna beat em 3-1 last time with no complaints will be interseting! lifford play newtown tomor night if they fail to win avenue can win the league sunday by beating already relegated moher! but moher wont give them handy points relegated or not! also wat ye think is premier league team of year! here a few top players iv played against!

johnny o coru
sean lindsay
docka newmarket
monty newm
lawlor newm
johnny clohessy lifford
tristan meeney bridge

Agree with you number? Moher will be stacked with GAA heads for Newmarket game. Most of them not supposed to be playing soccer so wont go near Doora for cup semi vs Avenue B in case there are photographers/reporters there. If John Kennedy (Clare manager) found out they would be in big trouble. Newmarket should have enough to pull through. Moher will be too physical for Avenue A though.
Prem team of the year

Heath (lifford)
Fahy (Rineanna)
Whacker (Newmarket)
Rochford (Avenue)
Maxwell (Bridge)
Kissane (Bunratty)
Lindsay (Newtown)
Mannering (Lifford)
Okoru (Newtown)
Feely (Newmarket)
McMillan (Cratloe)

MadMick
28/04/2005, 6:39 AM
Very good points made it would increase the numbers training and also let fellas have a go at the A team for a few games to see if there up to it without the B teams losing a good player, i have felt for a long time that it would be the way to go for clare with such a small league where b teams ofter find themselves on the heals of the A team Like Bunratty last year and now the B team has suffered (and no this is not a dig), :ball:

Well lads seems that there is a few people who agree, maybe someone should tell their Club and ask them to put it before the Clare League AGM to see if this could be passed?

4-4-2
28/04/2005, 6:55 AM
Hi All,
Did any of the games go ahead last night, Olympic played out a hard 1-1 with Kilmaley in what can only be called a mud bath but both teams went for it and a draw was fair, the ref was not going to play it but it was okish before kickoff by half time it was fecked and very hard to try play football on, i would think that some of the other games might have been pulled or did B Celtic take top spot last night :ball:

4-4-2
28/04/2005, 7:44 AM
Rock rovers also beat kilkishen 6-3.

Thanks Handyman, now we know if Olyimpic beat kilkishen next week then its 3rd place for them....your Goal last night could prove very Handy yet :D
The Rock result is a surprise now they are back in the hunt for 3rd this season is so up and down.....

4-4-2
28/04/2005, 7:46 AM
Thanks Handyman, now we know if Olyimpic beat kilkishen next week then its 3rd place for them....your Goal last night could prove very Handy yet :D
The Rock result is a surprise now they are back in the hunt for 3rd this season is so up and down.....

Sorry I forgot to congradulate B Celtic they are the best this season, the table never lies welldone lads hope to meet ye in the Prem next year

MadMick
28/04/2005, 8:27 AM
Sorry I forgot to congradulate B Celtic they are the best this season, the table never lies welldone lads hope to meet ye in the Prem next year

If I am right

Corofin can get to 30 by beating Kilrush
Rock can get to 30 by beating Kilkishen
Kilkishen can only get to 29 by beating Rock and Shannon Olympic A
Shannon Olympic A need to beat Klikishen to make the above irrelevant+

Oldspice any comments?

4-4-2
28/04/2005, 8:41 AM
If I am right

Oldspice any comments?
Does that mean that if Corofin beat kilrush then Kilkishen cant finish 3rd..so many twists and turns this season who knows what way it will turn out
i think Kilmaley and tulla will be going head to head soon who will come out on top???????

MadMick
28/04/2005, 8:44 AM
Does that mean that if Corofin beat kilrush then Kilkishen cant finish 3rd..so many twists and turns this season who knows what way it will turn out
i think Kilmaley and tulla will be going head to head soon who will come out on top???????

Kilkishen can now only finish on 29 if they win their two remaining games the only way they can finish third is if Kilrush draw or beat Corofin.

Should be a cracker between Tulla and Kilmaley the tension should be something else, not sure when the game is scheduled for?

CousinSylDolan
28/04/2005, 9:18 AM
Well Lads,

Looks like that point last night for Olympic could prove key for them. Kilkishen losing surprised me as they were in decent form but have lost 2 on the trot now.

Olympic are in the driving seat now as they know if they beat Kilkishen they are 3rd. Also if Corofin beat Kilrush it puts Kilkishen out of it before they play Olympic.

Tulla may get something off Bridge Celtic on Sunday if the Celtic lads take the foot off the gas. However if Bunratty B beat Tulla 7-2 I can only imagine what Bridge Celtic will do to them.

Tulla vs Kilmaley is down for next Wednesday the same night Olympic play Kilkishen.

Newmarket vs Mow Her was called off last night...

MadMick
28/04/2005, 9:33 AM
Well Lads,

Looks like that point last night for Olympic could prove key for them. Kilkishen losing surprised me as they were in decent form but have lost 2 on the trot now.

Olympic are in the driving seat now as they know if they beat Kilkishen they are 3rd. Also if Corofin beat Kilrush it puts Kilkishen out of it before they play Olympic.

Any Premier results in at all?

Tulla may get something off Bridge Celtic on Sunday if the Celtic lads take the foot off the gas. However if Bunratty B beat Tulla 7-2 I can only imagine what Bridge Celtic will do to them.

Tulla vs Kilmaley is down for next Wednesday the same night Olympic play Kilkishen.

Newmarket vs Mow Her was called off last night...

oldspice
28/04/2005, 9:45 AM
If I am right

Oldspice any comments?

I could try a few comments mick but the site would just block them out. I've never been so pi**ed off after a game. I've recently made a few comments backing up Clare referees but last night it came back to bite me. We got a town ref for a game against a town team and he gifted them the first two goals. In his opinion "Accidental hand ball is not a f***ing free kick" which I can never forget since he shouted it straight into my face after one of their players controlled the ball with his hand 5 yards out from our goal with nobody near him as he scored their first. A few minutes later their centre half did the same thing right in front of their own goal as he cleared a dangerous cross. No joy there either. Their second goal was scored by a guy standing on our line and Frankie "reckoned" there were two defenders outside him. Bullsh1t!! Before we knew it, we were 4-0 down.
Having said all that, we were dire. Rock deserved to win the game and if we play anything like that next week, Olympic are in the play off no argument.

CousinSylDolan
28/04/2005, 9:48 AM

Avenue 3 2 Rineanna
Newmarket and Moher was called off.

Clifford
28/04/2005, 10:08 AM
? Moher will be stacked with GAA heads for Newmarket game. Most of them not supposed to be playing soccer so wont go near Doora for cup semi vs Avenue B in case there are photographers/reporters there. If John Kennedy (Clare manager) found out they would be in big trouble. Newmarket should have enough to pull through.

Moher will be too physical for Avenue A though.

its a pity they're not playing rugby or boxing? (although dalton might be called upon) sure are they any more physical than bridge, newmarket, hay even cratloe have a decent physical gaa team???????

that where the ability to play soccer counts. the avenue lads can mix it if called upon. they had a good win over rineanna last night. the french guy davide (who they poached off cranny rovers) scored the first and was fouled for 2 pens. 3-0 up. rineanna got 2 in the last 8 mins. too little too late.
the only good thing if avenue beat moher is the title is coming back to town.
even better town news is that avenue under 11's won title monday. 11b's between avenue/lifford and fern. avenue won the u12's. guess who won the under 13's yap avenue. 14's 15's 16's has town teams in around the top 3. 5 youths comps between ya 2 town teams pike/lifford.

so the future is looking good for the soft townies.

ps don't worry all the big boys will be out for moher versus avenue b.