PDA

View Full Version : Morrissey

PaulB
21/12/2004, 6:55 AM
Anyone see Morrissey in the point last night. Very good gig, but wrong venue. Saw him in the ambassador last year, and it was a lot better, I think he suits a small venue much better. Still though, he belted out plenty of Smiths classics, how soon is now, there is a light (twice)..

Roll on REM In february,,

razor
21/12/2004, 3:58 PM
Drove up from Cork yesterday for this and down last night
Totally worth it.
The man is a legend, still a supreme performer.
The place wasn't full though there was a good buzz about, lots of people in total awe of the great man.

Lionel Ritchie
22/12/2004, 10:41 AM
Performaces of the songs played were top notch -though i was dissapointed with the actual setlist. It was very mid-paced and overladen with big ballady types.

He also played at least six tracks off you are the quarry which I thought was OTT. the singles would've been plenty. Like he said -it's gone platinum -he scarcely needs to flog it.

My personal "glaring omissions" were Everyday is Like Sunday, Ouija Board Ouija Board, Boy Racer, Alma Matters, Interesting Drug, You're the one for me Fatty, Boxers, Roys Keen ...I could keep going. If he'd trimmed some of the YATQ fillers, not played There is a light twice (brilliant ending -no need for the first run through though) and slower tunes they'd nearly all have made it.

All that said -the mans a genius and I love him to bits -had the pleasure of meeting him once years ago and contrary to some of his press -he's an absolute gentleman offstage and out of the limelight.

PaulB
22/12/2004, 10:45 AM
Agree totally Lionel, couldn't understand the playing off there is a light twice, when there was a playlist the length of my garden he could have played. Couldn't believe he didn't play meat is murder either, usually a certainty at smiths/morrissey gigs.