Bohemian v Cork City

1st Division Playoff 2nd leg

Finn Harps v UCDAFC

Betting:

http://www.paddypower.com/football/football-matches/ireland

Suspensions:

http://www.sseairtricityleague.ie/news/6529-weekend-suspension-list-from-oct-26

Officials:

http://www.extratime.ie/newsdesk/articles/15427/match-officials-appointed---week-35/

PartySaint
30/10/2015, 7:37 AM
Just don't F*cking lose Pats :(

Ezeikial
30/10/2015, 3:52 PM
It seems incredible and surreal that St Pats are in a position where European football could be snatched from them tonight.

It is unlikely that both required results will happen, but I'd expect heads would roll up in Richmond Park if it did come to pass

patrickccfc
30/10/2015, 5:58 PM
It seems incredible and surreal that St Pats are in a position where European football could be snatched from them tonight.

It is unlikely that both required results will happen, but I'd expect heads would roll up in Richmond Park if it did come to pass

I've a feeling bohs will beat us so that's one side of it and Galway is a tricky place but maybe the positive for pats is that Galway are already safe. So I reckon it's rovers second, us third, pats fourth. Limerick unfortunately to go down and Drogheda to play harps in the playoff final

Dunny
30/10/2015, 7:42 PM
:p;)

https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xat1/v/t1.0-9/12122771_10153028440592084_2782925805514806927_n.j pg?oh=cea3ff1cbe303e16082dc4195c136c56&oe=56BFE305

geysir
30/10/2015, 7:43 PM
Limerick are doing their bit so far, but unfortunately for them they have to depend upon a bottling Shamrock Rovers to get a result at home against (arguably) the lowest standard team in the league.

patrickccfc
30/10/2015, 8:06 PM
:p;)

https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xat1/v/t1.0-9/12122771_10153028440592084_2782925805514806927_n.j pg?oh=cea3ff1cbe303e16082dc4195c136c56&oe=56BFE305

Look we are giving you a guard of honor after all

patrickccfc
30/10/2015, 8:44 PM
I'd say limerick fans are absolutely buzzing right about now, albeit with no finger nails left. You'd have to worry about Drogheda's future after being relegated. Bit of a catch 22 for harps getting to the final but now facing the better of the two teams they were in line to be up against.

We hung on to second place anyway which in truth only means some extra prize money as no one likes to finish runners up.

NeverFeltBetter
30/10/2015, 8:48 PM
Came dangerously close to vomiting several times in last 20 minutes. What an atmosphere the lads made for the team.

geysir
30/10/2015, 8:52 PM
Limerick live for another chance, well deserved even after appearing to self sabotage their slim hopes of survival.

NeverFeltBetter
30/10/2015, 9:07 PM
Drogheda self-destructed from what I saw tonight. Own goal, two penalties conceded, red card.

wonder88
30/10/2015, 9:32 PM
Well Limerick still in the top division (one more week anyway), and great to see their chairman celebrating on the pitch with the fans. He has done so much for soccer in Limerick and it is good to have something to celebrate for those who contribute to the game. Can't decide who I would like to win play-off as I like Harps a lot and Donegal has close connections to Galway, while Limerick is handy and nice place to get to.
I think people as too negative about Drogheda getting relegated, 3 of their away games will be in Dublin for example, and it is an 8 team league, so getting back is not impossible.

NeverFeltBetter
30/10/2015, 9:44 PM
Well, it's mostly to do with their chairman flat out saying earlier this year the club couldn't survive in the First.

White Horse
30/10/2015, 9:44 PM
We may be back to back champions and have set a goal scoring record, but this is Limericks's night.

A fantastic achievement to get the play off spot.

Unfortunate for Drogheda, but they will be more at home in the first division.

Dunny
30/10/2015, 10:24 PM
Mick Daly on Twitter tonight;

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CSmf3hPW4AAM8It.jpg

Ezeikial
30/10/2015, 10:37 PM
The Bray players were really disrespectful in their Guard of Honour.

The lack of proper gusto in their applause was an especial slight to the Champions.

NeverFeltBetter
30/10/2015, 10:40 PM
If Drogheda were at the point where 8 players could not turn up for training and get away with it, they might be in lower tier for a while.

White Horse
30/10/2015, 10:43 PM
The Bray players were really disrespectful in their Guard of Honour.

The lack of proper gusto in their applause was an especial slight to the Champions.

Last 99 I buy in Bray, I tell you.

Charlie Darwin
30/10/2015, 10:44 PM
Drogheda are awful. Rovers' heads were already elsewhere and conceded three sloppy goals but they cut through them with ease and could have scored double what they did. Poisonous culture up there if Daly's comments are anything to go by.

nigel-harps1954
30/10/2015, 10:48 PM
Josh maileys winner tonight is as good a goal you'll see this season. Brilliant.

White Horse
30/10/2015, 10:51 PM
Josh maileys winner tonight is as good a goal you'll see this season. Brilliant.

I bet you are gutted though that you're not playing Drogheda.

nigel-harps1954
30/10/2015, 10:56 PM
Couldn't care less. Bring on Limerick.

Acer
30/10/2015, 11:02 PM
Drogheda are awful. Rovers' heads were already elsewhere and conceded three sloppy goals but they cut through them with ease and could have scored double what they did. Poisonous culture up there if Daly's comments are anything to go by.

The worst team to ever play for Drogheda United. I can't remember a lower-standard LOI season; a team had to be really terrible to get relegated this season. We managed it. God help any team who picks up one of our players next season. With one or two exceptions (literally one or two), they were absolute muck and had the worst attitude I've ever seen from any sports team. If the club can survive through the off-season, I've no doubt I'll enjoy next season more than this one. Hopefully we'll be watching a team that actually bothers their arse.

avvenalaf
30/10/2015, 11:11 PM

Nothing compared to the three or four that Ricky Flaherty will knock in in the play offs.

MattB11
30/10/2015, 11:52 PM
Up The Harps wrestled and time wasted our way to another victory hope Collie had a lovely night in Ballybofey, Fair play Limerick aswell massive turn around from where they were few months back ....the fans and players alike should go on a massive 4 day bender!!!

nigel-harps1954
31/10/2015, 10:58 AM
Josh Maileys winner.

Nesta99
31/10/2015, 11:05 AM
The worst team to ever play for Drogheda United.

That says something - I've no doubt you would have got at least a play-off if it were our McCaffrey season!

White Horse
31/10/2015, 11:12 AM
That says something - I've no doubt you would have got at least a play-off if it were our McCaffrey season!

Definitely not worse than the McCaffrey team.

If what Mick Daly is saying is true, and why wouldn't it be, their attitude was rotten. It does't say much about their management either. Drogs fans tell me most of the budget went on the coaching staff.

nigel-harps1954
31/10/2015, 11:44 AM
Shocking bit of management if what Daly is saying is true. You miss training, you don't get paid that week. Simple as that.

Nesta99
31/10/2015, 12:30 PM
Shocking bit of management if what Daly is saying is true. You miss training, you don't get paid that week. Simple as that.

Not on twitter myself so anybody have a link to the tweet of wherever comment was made by Daly.

White Horse
31/10/2015, 12:40 PM
Not on twitter myself so anybody have a link to the tweet of wherever comment was made by Daly.

http://www.joe.ie/sport/tweets-footballers-can-all-learn-from-the-refreshing-honesty-of-this-league-of-ireland-player/517617

Acer
31/10/2015, 12:46 PM

Absolutely, I think that's the most infuriating thing. Kinsella was supposed to be a decent coach but he was undoubtedly an unmitigated disaster as manager.

Nesta99
31/10/2015, 1:57 PM
After our relegation in 2002 and a budget that premier teams would love today it turned out that during the promotion attempt the then manager was supposedly a no show at times for weekly training in Dublin and the club captain stepped up. It a pity these things come to light when the damage is done.

TonyD
31/10/2015, 3:09 PM

You don't know that that didn't happen though. Maybe they were fined. Whatever, it's a pretty shocking indication of what kind of attitude was in the camp. It's no surprise they were relegated if that's the kind of thing that was going on.

Terry
31/10/2015, 4:09 PM
Nothing compared to the three or four that Ricky Flaherty will knock in in the play offs.

Ricky has come out of retirement?

I'd say Vinny Faherty has a better chance!

jinxy lilywhite
31/10/2015, 7:18 PM
Thing about the Daly tweet why wasn't this leaked after the Dundalk game when it happened. Bit late now to be crying about non commitment of teammates.

Well done limerick who live to fight another day

oriel
31/10/2015, 7:50 PM
The worst team to ever play for Drogheda United. I can't remember a lower-standard LOI season; a team had to be really terrible to get relegated this season. We managed it. God help any team who picks up one of our players next season. With one or two exceptions (literally one or two), they were absolute muck and had the worst attitude I've ever seen from any sports team. If the club can survive through the off-season, I've no doubt I'll enjoy next season more than this one. Hopefully we'll be watching a team that actually bothers their arse.

Surely some of your FD seasons were worse standard that this current Drogs side? I will agree on your point to have been really terrible to go down, I think that was the first time Drogs were bottom all year?

Shocking stuff what Daly said on Twitter about players missing training, that's an absolute disgraceful attitude by those who were involved.

The rapid decline has to be traced back to getting rid of Mick Cooke, it also seemed they couldn't wait to get him out, the question has to be asked, what more did they expect to achieve after coming 2nd and making the cup final in such a short space of time?

White Horse
31/10/2015, 7:58 PM
The rapid decline has to be traced back to getting rid of Mick Cooke, it also seemed they couldn't wait to get him out, the question has to be asked, what more did they expect to achieve after coming 2nd and making the cup final in such a short space of time?

Who owns Drogheda? I know a few Drogheda fans and the whole thing appears to be a mystery.

Faceless people making huge decisions. Where are those people now?

Charlie Darwin
31/10/2015, 8:01 PM
Who owns Drogheda?
Everybody at some point or other this season.

NeverFeltBetter
31/10/2015, 8:13 PM
Thing about the Daly tweet why wasn't this leaked after the Dundalk game when it happened. Bit late now to be crying about non commitment of teammates.

Well done limerick who live to fight another day

He's venting after the fact alright. I think I can understand it though, would have done Drogheda's chances no good to be issuing such complaints during the run-in.

Martinho II
31/10/2015, 8:25 PM
Who owns Drogheda? I know a few Drogheda fans and the whole thing appears to be a mystery.

Faceless people making huge decisions. Where are those people now?

didnt vincent hoey own them at one stage?

Martinho II
31/10/2015, 8:30 PM
If Drogheda were at the point where 8 players could not turn up for training and get away with it, they might be in lower tier for a while.

wot happened that Cathal Brady left ye in midseason?he was always one of your better players and he was superb in his spell with us! would love to see him play for us again!

Martinho II
31/10/2015, 8:31 PM
Surely some of your FD seasons were worse standard that this current Drogs side? I will agree on your point to have been really terrible to go down, I think that was the first time Drogs were bottom all year

correct!

Martinho II
31/10/2015, 8:33 PM
I have heard rumours that Drogheda Town want to join the league of ireland. Any developments since that news was first heard? if that is the case Drogheda Utd could go out of business as their support base is not as high as in the middle of the last decade!

Charlie Darwin
31/10/2015, 8:35 PM
I have heard rumours that Drogheda Town want to join the league of ireland. Any developments since that news was first heard? if that is the case Drogheda Utd could go out of business as their support base is not as high as in the middle of the last decade!
It was a wind-up.

oriel
31/10/2015, 9:33 PM
correct!

Even though Drogs only spent one weekend bottom, the league table never lies. I sometimes think back to our dreadful season under McCaffrey in 2012, we really should have been relegated automatically and probably would have if Mons had not gone bust. Two games stick out that year, we lost 6-0 and 7-0 away to Rovers. Almost incredible how you can manage it to do something like that twice, we won the play off comfortably v Waterford but I still think we were very lucky not to go down that year.

Nice to see so many old faces from previous Dundalk championship winning sides at the match and in the bars after the game last night, this is a very good thing the club does by continuously inviting past players along to the bigger games, it was the same last year in the final match v Cork. For older readers Jimmy Dainty is still looking fresh (1979 winner)

Town Legend
31/10/2015, 9:38 PM
Who was in charge for the play off Oriel? Did McCaffrey last the full season with ye or did he get the chop? It seems so long ago now, hard to believe its only 3 years!

Dunny
31/10/2015, 9:41 PM
https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSsRNMTOvG8LwCCaL8Ih5eZo55ANJnna njBWWJdzQCndtTY9qUaGA
Who was in charge for the play off Oriel? Did McCaffrey last the full season with ye or did he get the chop? It seems so long ago now, hard to believe its only 3 years!
Darius Kierans.He was asst.Manger under McCfaf**ry. :D

oriel
31/10/2015, 10:59 PM

Darius Kierans assisted by Martin Connolly took over around June that year, the team was already in freefall and even avoiding the play off seemed a long shot at that point. Crazy to think 3 players who were regulars that season would win a title 2 years later, but 2 of them were playing out of position. Shields and Mountney were the central MF pairing. Cherrie was in goals. When Kenny joined, Shields eventually moved to a new role infront of the back four and Mountney moved to the right side.

I was looking through some old stats, always amazed me how our avg lge crowd was almost 1k that season, although the last few games of the regular season saw crowds drop to 250. The play off attracted 1,500, hard to imagine what the outcome would have been had we gone down, I'd say we might still be in the FD.

avvenalaf
01/11/2015, 12:21 AM
Ricky has come out of retirement?

I'd say Vinny Faherty has a better chance!

To score against Harps ? Ricky will do grand.