PDA

View Full Version : Duffer in nightclub incident...

Pauro 76
20/12/2004, 5:10 PM
From eleven-a-side.com

Duff caught up in nightclub incident

December 20, 2004

Chelsea and Ireland star Damien Duff found himself at the centre of a nightclub storm at the weekend, with a female companion allegedly assaulted and the £17m man threatened by a group of yobs.

Duff starred in Chelsea’s 4-0 win over Norwich City on Saturday afternoon, scoring one goal and setting up another as the Blues marched six points clear at the summit.

The modest Dubliner went out with some friends in Surrey that night, but the mood turned sour when one of Duffer’s lady friends was assaulted by a man wielding a champagne bucket.

The man was ejected from the nightclub in Kingston-upon-Thames, while Duff later accompanied the girl home despite, it was reported, threats from the initial assailants battle-hungry friends.

Anyone know which Kingston nightclub, Im working in Kingston and was at Oceania Saturday night.... sounds like The Works to me, now thats a dump and a half cant imagine Duffer there!

4tothefloor
20/12/2004, 9:43 PM
Why don't you just ask around Kingston? :confused:

Superhoops
20/12/2004, 11:33 PM
Anyone know which Kingston nightclub, Im working in Kingston and was at Oceania Saturday night.... sounds like The Works to me, now thats a dump and a half cant imagine Duffer there!
According to The Sun, it was The Works.

Longfordian
21/12/2004, 12:44 AM
I liked the bit where it says 'One of Duffer's lady friends', it makes it sound like he has a whole stable of them..Maybe he does :)

gustavo
21/12/2004, 8:56 PM
what is it about duff that makes him so likeable ! if it was another player that was in a nightclub incident he would be widely condemned. anyway i think the man is a legend and can do no wrong :D

brine3
22/12/2004, 1:05 AM
"Duffer in Nightclub Incident"

What next? Roy Keane signs for Sunderland?

Plastic Paddy
22/12/2004, 10:25 AM
Duff is an all-round good egg. Brilliant at his job, personable and approachable and the kind of lad you are proud to say is Irish. I'm just sorry that there are idiots out there who see a lad doing so well and feel the need to have a go. I'd love to shake his hand some day for all that his has done for Ireland.

By all means do, but don't expect much back. Mrs PP did just that when we saw him out and about in a bar in Fulham late last year. "You're PP's hero" she said to him. He just stood there staring at her with a slack-jawed expression that Cledus from the Simpsons would have been proud of. And then turned round without a word to her in response.

Was he expecting to be chatted up or what? :confused: Or just plain ignorant? Either way, and despite my protestations in his defence ("he's a legend, loves children, blah blah blah"), it didn't exactly leave Mrs PP with a good impression. But then that's Premiership footballers for you, I guess.

:ball: PP

Roo69
22/12/2004, 10:33 AM
By all means do, but don't expect much back. Mrs PP did just that when we saw him out and about in a bar in Fulham late last year. "You're PP's hero" she said to him. He just stood there staring at her with a slack-jawed expression that Cledus from the Simpsons would have been proud of. And then turned round without a word to her in response.

Was he expecting to be chatted up or what? :confused: Or just plain ignorant? Either way, and despite my protestations in his defence ("he's a legend, loves children, blah blah blah"), it didn't exactly leave Mrs PP with a good impression. But then that's Premiership footballers for you, I guess.

:ball: PP

That's one thing Duffer is'nt is ignorant !!!!!! i've been out with him a couple of times (he's friends a cousin of mine and a few friends) and he is the soundest bloke going. Very normal and always has time for people coming up to him etc.... he is just like "one of the lads"

Plastic Paddy
22/12/2004, 10:45 AM
Only too well, Pronane, only too well. :o :D

I think you've probably hit it on the head there. Ah well, hopefully next time they meet he'll be sober. :D

:D PP

Dublin12
22/12/2004, 10:45 AM
Or maybe Mrs PP was drunk :eek:

Plastic Paddy
22/12/2004, 10:47 AM
It's not unknown ;) but as we'd not long been out that night, she was still sober. Ish.

:) PP

Plastic Paddy
22/12/2004, 10:50 AM
My missus is gorgeous. Fact. :D

Anyway, this thread is in danger of turning into another JPM, Dillo and co special. And apparently it's my job to make sure that it doesn't. We'd better get back to the subject of Duff tout de suite. ;)

:D PP

tricky_colour
22/12/2004, 3:41 PM
Duff has climbed to number 12 (from 22) in this football index,
I wounder if he will make the top 10 (like Carsley).

http://www.actim.pa.press.net/top100.shtml

Also note Casley and Keily are in the top 5 for their position, yet
both are I, believe retired, which is a bit odd. Mind you Scholes
is also retired.

http://www.actim.pa.press.net/top5.shtml

eirebhoy
22/12/2004, 3:49 PM
Duff has climbed to number 12 (from 22) in this football index,
I wounder if he will make the top 10 (like Carsley).
If he plays well on Stephens day he'll no doubt be in the top 10. Its amazing how he's so high up considering he didn't start a match until 25th September.

tricky_colour
22/12/2004, 4:00 PM
If he plays well on Stephens day he'll no doubt be in the top 10. Its amazing how he's so high up considering he didn't start a match until 25th September.

I think there is quite a bit of 'lag' built into it, Robben, who a lot of people
have been raving about is only at no 75.

eirebhoy
22/12/2004, 4:05 PM
I think there is quite a bit of 'lag' built into it, Robben, who a lot of people
have been raving about is only at no 75.
Because he has only started 8 games.

dublinred
22/12/2004, 4:53 PM
Did he fall asleep?

tricky_colour
22/12/2004, 11:34 PM
Because he has only started 8 games.

Is that started as in started or started as in played in?

I think OPTA used 6 games but I am not 100%

On 10-10-04 Duff was not in the index.

25-11-04 (aprox) he was 44
01-12-04 He was 25
08-12-04 " 22

According to looking back at some of my posts about the index.

So I am not sure how it is calculated, but it takes a while to get established.

eirebhoy
23/12/2004, 5:06 PM
It is how effective a player is over the season. If a player plays all 38 games he obviously has more chance of being more effective than someone who has played 30.

eirebhoy
23/12/2004, 8:55 PM
My Mrs PP's incident with Duff wasn't a one off:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/cgi-perl/h2cluster2/h2.cgi?thread=%3C1103834372-22625.4%40forum3.mh.bbc.co.uk%3E&find=%3C1103834372-22625.4%40forum3.mh.bbc.co.uk%3E&board=sixosix.chelsea&sort=Te