PDA

View Full Version : Titles

dahamsta
18/01/2002, 9:08 AM
I want to change the titles to be a bit more footie-like. I was thinking along the lines of:

Administrator -> Chairman
Super Moderator -> Manager
Moderator -> Coach
Banned -> Sent Off

Follow through there boys and girls. I don't understand soccer.

adam

pete
18/01/2002, 11:38 AM
Not bad.

Maybe different categories of players for the plebs...i mean members? Junior player , Senior etc...?

Banned - Suspended? Red Carded?

dahamsta
18/01/2002, 11:51 AM
My god, someone actually replied to me in the Mods forum! :)

The actual groups are (I've removed a couple that don't apply):

Administrators
Super Moderators
Moderators
Banned

They work differently though. The first three are actual user groups, used for admin and moderation (admins can get at the full admin interface, super mods can moderate all forums, and mods are assigned forums). The next three are psuedo groups, controlled by number of posts. The last one I set up myself, for when someone inevitably gets banned (ok, it's for James). So the first three are locked, but I can pretty much do what I want with anything else, including creating new ones.

I'm tempted to dump Joe and Gaz down to super mod level, since I'm the only one who actally admins the site, but I think they may be offended. (Especially if I become "Chairman"! :) That would make me admin; Joe and Gaz super mods; and the rest of the mods would remain where they are. However, I'd like to promote a couple of people to super mod status, like yourself and james (if you're up for it).

I'd like to get the titles sorted out first though.

adam

Macy
18/01/2002, 12:07 PM
Sack the board, sack the board, sack the board........ ;)

You can't let James loose on other people's forums..... okay you can't let him get anywhere near the Longest thread on de Town forum.... :(

Neil
18/01/2002, 12:08 PM
Some football Titles:

Chairman
Director of Football
Manager
Gaffer
Boss
Coach
Veteran
Old Pro
Kit Man
New Signing
Apprentice
Trainee

(not really in any order)

dahamsta
18/01/2002, 12:27 PM
> Director of Football
>
I thought of that one last night, although I was thinking just "Director" - as in someone on the Board? I want to keep them short and simple.

> Gaffer
>
I like that. :)

> New Signing
>
Very good.

> Apprentice
> Trainee
>
Interesting. I guess I could expand the post count ones a little.

adam

pete
18/01/2002, 12:45 PM
Originally posted by Vetinari
However, I'd like to promote a couple of people to super mod status, like yourself and james (if you're up for it).

adam

Jeez be one step closer to the establishment then :eek: Fame & power together?!!?!??!?

Hail to the pretzel!

James
18/01/2002, 1:08 PM
i like apples they are really nice
:D

but i'd prefer 18 hours sleep

dahamsta
19/01/2002, 9:21 PM
I'm moving this into public view, since I've obviously decided to go ahead with it. At the moment, in a crazed power play, I've set myself up as Chairman, with Joe and Gaz as Directors, which was previously the "Super Moderator" category, although I've added Administrator capabilities to that. Neil, Pete and James[1], as the most prolific contributors, have been assigned into a new category equivalent to Super Moderator, which means they can now mod all boards. I've removed these users as moderators of dedicated boards, since they no longer need moderator status.

Now I need to set up the user titles, which work off post counts. There's only three categories at the moment, Junior Member (0 post), Member (25) and Senior Member (100). I want to add new categories, and I want to give them all footie-style names. For the moment, I've changed Junior Member to "New Signing" and Member to "Apprentice", but I haven't updated the user titles yet. So it's up to you lot now.

adam

[1] In some cases, the quality leaves a lot to be desired. :)

joe
19/01/2002, 11:15 PM
well, 'Senior Member' could become 'Seasoned Pro' for starters

dahamsta
19/01/2002, 11:23 PM
I am /not/ adding them one at a time Joe! :)

Considering the non-moderator post counts are fairly low as we are, I reckon we'll stick to the three we have - 25, 50, 100 - for the moment. We can revisit this some time in the future if we get more visitors. So I just need three appropriate titles?

How do you like being a "Director" Joe? Are you offended? :)

adam

joe
19/01/2002, 11:36 PM
Originally posted by Vetinari
I am /not/ adding them one at a time Joe! :)

Considering the non-moderator post counts are fairly low as we are, I reckon we'll stick to the three we have - 25, 50, 100 - for the moment. We can revisit this some time in the future if we get more visitors. So I just need three appropriate titles?

okay, my vote goes for

25 - new signing
50 - ?????
100 - seasoned pro

How do you like being a "Director" Joe? Are you offended? :)

adam

no comment:D

pete
25/01/2002, 5:24 PM
Following on from new titles might be possible to change other things to football terms:

General Discussions - On the Pitch/Field etc...
Off Topic - Off Side, Off the Pitch....
Humour - Own Goal
Development - Tactics?

Might still need an explanation below them though?

just a thought.....

James
25/01/2002, 5:27 PM
or a new title for the number one poster pete..."LOSER"
get a life man :D

pete
25/01/2002, 5:43 PM
hehe, must add that to the CV ;)

slow day (i.e dossing) & running out of sites to surf :D

James
25/01/2002, 5:52 PM
Originally posted by pete
running out of sites to surf :D

dont tell me your nearly finished surfing the entire www also!!
my plan was though to start again once I had finished..you know to see which of the sites had been updated

:D