PDA

View Full Version : All aboard the bandwagon (Shels' turn now!)

Sheridan
20/12/2004, 4:18 PM
News item on Shels site (http://www.shelbournefc.ie/latestnews.php#125)

Meanwhile, Shelbourne will be unveiling a third strip for European games which will be coloured sky blue and navy. ShelsWeb expect to have a photo of the new strip in the next few days.

I bet that Lorcan fella must be pleased to see his template followed so faithfully by the supposedly bigger clubs, no wonder he's been promoted to MD :p (Any thoughts, Ringo?) We're also playing Shels in a friendly on the 12th of February.

Okay, let's take a full inventory of City's influence on the alleged Big Four:

Bohemians: First to pay acknowledge DC's inevitable primacy in the capital by adopting our home kit as their away gear, along with the title "Bohemians of Dublin." Also headhunted our former commercial manager.

Shelbourne: See above. Also decided that bringing Gary O'Neill back into the mainstream might not be a bad idea after all.

St. Patrick's Athletic: Both manager and assitant manager are ex-DC (sounds like an early 90s Dutch techno collective) bosses.

Shamrock Rovers: Again with the ex-DC manager. Credit where it's due, though, no-one does homelessness quite like the Hoops, and we've learned from the masters in that respect.

Ringo
21/12/2004, 6:50 AM
News item on Shels site (http://www.shelbournefc.ie/latestnews.php#125)

Meanwhile, Shelbourne will be unveiling a third strip for European games which will be coloured sky blue and navy. ShelsWeb expect to have a photo of the new strip in the next few days.

I bet that Lorcan fella must be pleased to see his template followed so faithfully by the supposedly bigger clubs, no wonder he's been promoted to MD :p (Any thoughts, Ringo?) We're also playing Shels in a friendly on the 12th of February.

Will they sell it at €29.99 with a free ticket to games? Will they have the best selling Eircom league jersey? We still have the name & its a lot easier to buy a DCFC jersey in Dublin, than any other club.

Macy
21/12/2004, 8:12 AM
Hate to break it to you, but Shels had an away shirt in Dublin bogball colours years before you formed/changed name....

Sheridan
21/12/2004, 8:17 AM
Hate to break it to you, but Shels had an away shirt in Dublin bogball colours years before you formed/changed name....
I'm sure it's the continuance of that great tradition that has persuaded them to revive it...

patsh
21/12/2004, 8:26 AM
Will they have the best selling Eircom league jersey?Who has the best selling jersey?
DCFC?
How many are sold a season?

Sheridan
21/12/2004, 8:29 AM
Who has the best selling jersey?
DCFC?
Definitely the best selling, how idea how many units are shifted though (Ringo could tell you.)

Karlos
21/12/2004, 8:36 AM
Are Dublin City bringing out a new kit for the new season??

Sheridan
21/12/2004, 8:39 AM
I believe there's a slight possibility that a new away kit might be introduced, although again Ringo could tell you more than I could.

Éanna
21/12/2004, 12:09 PM
in fairness, who are home farm to lecture anyone about bandwagon's even if it is a very small bandwagon

Clones Road Cas
21/12/2004, 12:43 PM
I thought they were called Everton?

Éanna
21/12/2004, 2:47 PM
I thought they were called Everton?
its hard to keep track. probably will be something else next year. so I just stick with the name I got used to a while back

Sheridan
21/12/2004, 2:54 PM
its hard to keep track. probably will be something else next year. so I just stick with the name I got used to a while back
Cork Hibernians?

Éanna
21/12/2004, 3:06 PM
i wasn't around then sheridan, so it means nothing to me. and there's a slight difference between a new club and the same club with a new name.

Derek
21/12/2004, 9:44 PM
I wasn't around then Éanna, so it means nothing to me.
DCFC are not Homefarm! They are a new club with a new name.
The founders did come from Homefarm but they are no longer Homefarm.

Pat Dolan came from Pats, does that mean that the Rebels are now St Pats of Cork City?

CollegeTillIDie
21/12/2004, 10:25 PM
Sheridan

Let's get one thing straight... Dublin City have borrowed our club colours. :p

Éanna
21/12/2004, 10:29 PM
Pat Dolan came from Pats, does that mean that the Rebels are now St Pats of Cork City?
:confused: :confused: WHAT?!
Home Farm (or whatever you want to call them) have existed in the league under various names for the last several years- same ground, same place in the league, same club. Simple

Ringo
22/12/2004, 7:01 AM
:confused: :confused: WHAT?!
Home Farm (or whatever you want to call them) have existed in the league under various names for the last several years- same ground, same place in the league, same club. Simple

Three different grounds, two different divisions, one division title :confused:

Ringo
22/12/2004, 7:09 AM
Are Dublin City bringing out a new kit for the new season??

probably a new away later in the season.

Ringo
22/12/2004, 7:16 AM
Who has the best selling jersey?
DCFC?

Just had a quick look. On Kit alone about 4000. This doesn't take into account the Tracksuits,jackets, hats, polos & the Viking range. Don't know how this compares with other teams really, but i know from sports shops & manufacturers in Dublin, no one is selling that type of quantity.

Éanna
22/12/2004, 7:29 PM
Three different grounds, two different divisions, one division title :confused:
different grounds- in that you were forced to move from your own ground because its a dump.
different divisions- i didn't mean the place where the team finished. I meant that place in the league as in there are 22 places in the league, and clubs have to apply for membership of the league.

Slash/ED
22/12/2004, 7:51 PM
The whole thing is a joke, we play in red not blue ffs :rolleyes: if the majority of the Dublin public don't want to know about the EL no colour of jersy will change their mind, if our home jersey in Europe next year is to be blue I and many others wont be happy about it.

Maynard
31/12/2004, 4:35 PM
Yeah I was wondering what the Shels fans would make of dropping the traditional Shelbourne red just to try and cash in on (the likelyhood of) RTE showing ther European games? Seems a bit pointless to me. Also a bit pompous to bring out a "European Kit" - not even Man Utd have tapped that well yet :rolleyes:
On another note great to see Eanna still here obsessing over a joke of a club that he hates, and wrecking everyone's head in the process. Words don't suffice at this point. Jackass.

Ringo
01/01/2005, 6:50 AM
you can't call him a jackass or a$$hole, he'll just delete your post :p

1 9 2 8
01/01/2005, 2:37 PM
DCFC are not Homefarm! They are a new club with a new name.
The founders did come from Homefarm but they are no longer Homefarm.

Dublin City = Drumcondra, Home Farm, Home Farm Everton and Home Farm Fingal it's the same club with different name AKA the bandwagon club :p

Éanna
01/01/2005, 10:01 PM
On another note great to see Eanna still here obsessing over a joke of a club that he hates, and wrecking everyone's head in the process. Words don't suffice at this point. Jackass.
nice to see you're letting it get to you :)