PDA

View Full Version : Rovers linked with Zayed swoop

Terry
20/12/2004, 2:57 PM
Shamrock Rovers are said to be weighing up a move for Bray Wanderers’ Irish under-21 international front man Eamon Zayed.

The former Leicester City trainee has scored 36 goals in the First Division over the past two seasons.

That achievement is all the more remarkable when one considers that he missed the first two months of the 2004 eircom League season because he was on loan at English league side Crewe Alexandra.

While the move to Gresty Road failed to work out, he remains one of the most promising youngsters in Irish soccer, and Rovers – under new manager Roddy Collins – are believed to be interested in making the 21-year-old a Hoop ahead of the 2005 campaign

Passive
20/12/2004, 3:05 PM
We've got more important things than players to worry about at Rovers.

KR's Post
20/12/2004, 3:05 PM
Yep it's true alright. We would struggle in the premier defo if he left.... Jeez if drogs are looking for 10,000 for myler then we should definetely look for at least 15,000.... Roddy the c-unt, i hate you ya p-rick..... :mad: f-ucking w-anker.

KR's Post
20/12/2004, 3:07 PM
We've got more important things than players to worry about at Rovers.
Now thats true........ You must be p-issed off about all those trips. Every game away from home! :eek:

KR's Post
20/12/2004, 3:21 PM
Every game away from home! :eek:
Sorry every game away!!! No home i forgot. P.S. Not taking the p-iss ;)

Passive
20/12/2004, 3:44 PM
Haven't had a home game since April 1987, so it's hardly anything new to us!

I should rephrase my initial post: "We have more important things than players to take care of".
The future at SRFC is a lot brighter than people on this message board realise.

Seagull
20/12/2004, 5:19 PM
If Wanderers have any ambition at all then Zayed can't be for sale... :ball:

Passive
21/12/2004, 9:26 AM
I could be wrong but I think Zayed is out of contract and wants to go full time.

BrayUnknowns
21/12/2004, 9:40 AM
From what i've heard he's going no where, going to give it one more season with Bray to see if they stay in the premier. If they don't he's off. Only fair i suppose. He'd be made to sign for Roivers with all the bloody travelling involved. Away games every week don't sound to good

Stevo Da Gull
23/12/2004, 8:29 PM
Zayed has been offered the chance to go on trial with MLS side New York in January.