PDA

View Full Version : No hope for Monaghan

sligoman
19/12/2004, 3:55 PM
That's according to:http://www.eleven-a-side.com/monaghanutd/pollresult.asp

Clones Road Cas
20/12/2004, 10:15 AM
Lets see. ....Bo****ks.

We always bring a squad together late and while shielo and Alan are losses t rule any first division team out before a ball is kicked is stupid.

We aint gonna win promotion. But we will be top five maybe even top four.

sligoman
20/12/2004, 5:16 PM
to rule any first division team out before a ball is kicked is stupid.

I agree with you on that but...........

sligoman
20/12/2004, 5:19 PM
We aint gonna win promotion. But we will be top five maybe even top four.

I find it very hard to agree with you on this.Top 5 or 4? You must be having a laugh, this is Monaghan United we're talking about,no offence.

Clones Road Cas
21/12/2004, 11:52 AM
I find it very hard to agree with you on this.Top 5 or 4? You must be having a laugh, this is Monaghan United we're talking about,no offence.

I agree with you that this claim may seem rediculous. However (thats a posh but) look at our form last quarter of the season. With the exception of Shielo the key players in that run are still with us. O'Connor was by all accounts more trouble than he was worth and Gavin is replacable.

I suspect Monaghan are going to be a particularly bad team to watch next year, we will be passing when we have the ball but id say very defensive particlularly away from home. Only one MAJOR problem will be a lack of goals, but even with that top five is doable. No harm but top five in the league is not beyond any club with a reasonable start. plus as far as I know having had a player budget of approx 2k for the last couple of years this is due to increase a bit with the new developments completed. Not by a huge Dundalk style lets get ourselves up to our balls in debt every 3 years but enough to get a couple of players to build a team around.

CRC :)