Saturday

Cabinteely FC v Athlone Town

Finn Harps v Wexford Youths

Shelbourne v Cobh Ramblers

Waterford United v UCDAFC

Officials:

http://www.sseairtricityleague.ie/news/6501-match-officials-appointed-oct-16-19

Suspensions:

http://www.sseairtricityleague.ie/news/6502-this-weekend-s-suspension-list-oct-16-18

Betting:

http://www.paddypower.com/football/football-matches/ireland

outspoken
15/10/2015, 9:30 PM
Premier Division

Friday

St.Pats Ath v Drogheda United {7:45 *Live on RTE2}

Dundalk FC v Galway United

Cork City v Longford Town

Saturday

Bray Wanderers v Shamrock Rovers 5:45pm

Limerick FC v Derry City 7pm

Sligo Rovers v Bohemian FC

Monday

St Pats Ath v Cork City

First Division

Saturday

Cabinteely FC v Athlone Town

Finn Harps v Wexford Youths

Shelbourne v Cobh Ramblers

Waterford United v UCDAFC

Officials:

http://www.sseairtricityleague.ie/news/6501-match-officials-appointed-oct-16-19

Suspensions:

http://www.sseairtricityleague.ie/news/6502-this-weekend-s-suspension-list-oct-16-18

Betting:

http://www.paddypower.com/football/football-matches/ireland

Some crazy odds in the premier matches. While Town, Galway and Drogs are all massive underdogs they are playing against teams with nothing to play for, value backing the outsiders for sure

jinxy lilywhite
16/10/2015, 8:35 AM
Great time for Galway to play Dundalk. If there is a time for us to take the foot off the gas then tonight is the night.
I don't think the king would allow it so expecting a tight win for d town

osarusan
16/10/2015, 11:32 AM
Limerick FC v Derry City 7pm

6.30pm.

patrickccfc
16/10/2015, 1:54 PM
Some crazy odds in the premier matches. While Town, Galway and Drogs are all massive underdogs they are playing against teams with nothing to play for, value backing the outsiders for sure

I wouldn't say we have nothing to play for. We are in a battle for second with rovers and still not mathematically assured of third although unlikely we'll collapse and miss out on Europe. Also some players will be fighting for cup final places so we'll definitely be going for it

PartySaint
16/10/2015, 2:05 PM
A Longford, Galway, Drogs treble is 572/1

Longfordian
16/10/2015, 2:24 PM
Value. I might back Galway and Drogs to get something out of their games just to ensure they don't. I'm expecting a backlash from Cork against us.

El-Pietro
16/10/2015, 2:52 PM
I wouldn't say we have nothing to play for. We are in a battle for second with rovers and still not mathematically assured of third although unlikely we'll collapse and miss out on Europe. Also some players will be fighting for cup final places so we'll definitely be going for it
We've already guaranteed Europe. We did that by reaching the cup final.

Regardless of who wins the cup, fourth place will get a UEFA cup place. We can't finish below 4th.

Dunny
16/10/2015, 3:03 PM
Strike Towell.
http://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer/league-of-ireland/fai-cup-final-scare-for-dundalk-star-richie-towell-31615328.html

gufc2000
16/10/2015, 3:13 PM
Great time for Galway to play Dundalk. If there is a time for us to take the foot off the gas then tonight is the night.
I don't think the king would allow it so expecting a tight win for d town
I don't know is it. We served up a shocking performance last week in a game if we had won we would have all but ensured our safety in the division. We're firmly in the mire now. Killian Cantwell, Jason Molloy, Padraic Cunningham, Enda Curran and Alex Byrne all miss out for us tonight.

patrickccfc
16/10/2015, 3:32 PM
We've already guaranteed Europe. We did that by reaching the cup final.

Regardless of who wins the cup, fourth place will get a UEFA cup place. We can't finish below 4th.

Oh dear, it's been a long week at work...... Crawls under a rock...

NeverFeltBetter
16/10/2015, 4:26 PM
This has got to be the week where Limerick get off the bottom. Sligo, Galway and Drogheda can't all get results, right? Right?

bluewhitearmy
16/10/2015, 5:20 PM
This has got to be the week where Limerick get off the bottom. Sligo, Galway and Drogheda can't all get results, right? Right?

Wonder how our lads will handle the pressure of knowing they can get off the bottom if things do go our way elsewhere.

nigel-harps1954
16/10/2015, 6:47 PM
Jaysis lads, there's hardly 500 people in Richmond Park?

wonder88
16/10/2015, 7:16 PM
Yes the Pats crowd looks very small, but there has been a trend there in recent years. Hope they can reverse it next season, try a marketing/promotion campaign maybe.

nigel-harps1954
16/10/2015, 7:23 PM
Cork 1-0 up against Longford. Karl Sheppard with the goal.

nigel-harps1954
16/10/2015, 7:30 PM
Longford after going 2-1 ahead of Cork with two goals inside four minutes.

Longfordian
16/10/2015, 7:33 PM
O'Sullivan and Rice for Town. Reckon we'll need at least one more to get anything.

Jofspring
16/10/2015, 7:35 PM
C'mon Cork for feck sake. Same with Dundalk and Pats, pull the finger out

wonder88
16/10/2015, 8:20 PM
Cork level now. Hope Galway hold on, but under pressure. 836 at Richmond with Pats ahead again. Tight at bottom of table

nigel-harps1954
16/10/2015, 8:28 PM
Longford ahead in Cork again. Could be a winner with only five minutes to play. If that result stays as is, you'd imagine that's them safe.

gufc2000
16/10/2015, 8:36 PM
Full time in Oriel, 0-0. Great point after last week's abysmal display. Bray away next week another massive fixture.

osarusan
16/10/2015, 8:36 PM
Cork and Dundalk, you absolute *******.

Longfordian
16/10/2015, 8:40 PM
I refuse to believe we're safe yet. We'll lose in Drogheda next weekend.

But for tonight at least, get the feck in. Didn't think we'd get anything.

MeathDrog
16/10/2015, 8:43 PM
I refuse to believe we're safe yet. We'll lose in Drogheda next weekend.

I doubt that. We are hopeless.

Longfordian
16/10/2015, 8:50 PM
Well we'll definitely concede at least one. If we play two up front we could score a couple though.

nigel-harps1954
16/10/2015, 9:00 PM
Had a look at each teams run in, and here's how I see Premier Division finish:

Bottom 6 final games:

Derry: Lim (L), Bohs (D), Longford (D) - 1 point
Bray: Sham R (L), Galway (W), Dundalk (L) - 3 pts
Galway: Bray (L), Pat's (L) - 0 pts
Sligo: Bohs (D), Pats (L), Lim (L) - 1 pt
Drogheda: Longford (D), Sham R (L) - 1 pt
Limerick: Derry (W), Sham R (D), Sligo (W) - 7 pts

That'd finish:

Derry - 34 pts
Bray - 34 pts
Limerick - 33 pts
Galway - 30 pts
Sligo - 29 pts
Drogheda - 29 pts

patrickccfc
16/10/2015, 9:07 PM
We were abysmal tonight. I can see us finishing 4th I really can. A good few city fans clapping longford off earlier, now I'd do the same if they were sensational but they didn't even play that well, we were just woeful. But fair play to them they got a win that will go a long way to keep them up.

L.T.F.C.
16/10/2015, 9:09 PM
Come on the Town!

Dunny
16/10/2015, 9:13 PM
Dundalk very poor tonight,don't know if it was a hangover from last week or the fact we made several changes(forced and unforced) but abs no spark with us at all.Both sides had chances to win it,we hit the post twice and Galway had a few cahnces that Sava saved well from.Overall On the night a draw was the right result.

gufc2000
16/10/2015, 9:16 PM
Had a look at each teams run in, and here's how I see Premier Division finish:

Bottom 6 final games:

Derry: Lim (L), Bohs (D), Longford (D) - 1 point
Bray: Sham R (L), Galway (W), Dundalk (L) - 3 pts
Galway: Bray (L), Dundalk (L) - 0 pts
Sligo: Bohs (D), Pats (L), Lim (L) - 1 pt
Drogheda: Longford (D), Sham R (L) - 1 pt
Limerick: Derry (W), Sham R (D), Sligo (W) - 7 pts

That'd finish:

Derry - 34 pts
Bray - 34 pts
Limerick - 33 pts
Galway - 30 pts
Sligo - 29 pts
Drogheda - 29 pts
Playing them tonight was enough, we don't want them again in two weeks! We have St Pats at home on the last night

wonder88
16/10/2015, 9:20 PM
Longford look safe. 33 pts to avoid play-off and 30pts to avoid automatic relegation maybe? Goal difference could also be important. Tomorrow may make things clearer

Acer
16/10/2015, 9:21 PM
I doubt that. We are hopeless.

Longford will destroy us. That's the worst Drogheda team I have ever seen by some distance. They're crap footballers but it's the attitude of the players and management, shown throughout the season, that really sets them apart from the woeful teams of the past. They don't seem to realise they're in a relegation scrap. So lax and lazy, constantly looking for excuses for their poor performances. 'Sure we'll beat Longford and we'll be grand' -- nonsense. Longford threw a spanner in that one by going down and beating Cork. Fair play to them. Had we shown any sort of guile or will to win, we would have beaten Cork in United Park. They were there for the taking but our team just couldn't be bothered.

White Horse
16/10/2015, 9:23 PM
Dundalk very poor tonight,don't know if it was a hangover from last week or the fact we made several changes(forced and unforced) but abs no spark with us at all.Both sides had chances to win it,we hit the post twice and Galway had a few cahnces that Sava saved well from.Overall On the night a draw was the right result.

I think it was the changes, particularly on the left side. We're normally so dangerous on that side.

To be fair to Galway, they put a huge effort into the game.

After seeing Limerick and Galway over the last couple of weeks, it is clear that both a significantly better than Drogheda.

Longfordian
16/10/2015, 9:40 PM
I'm trying to think if we've ever won at Turner's Cross in the league before. I can't remember it if we did. We had a cup win or two alright over the years.

White Horse
16/10/2015, 9:41 PM
I'm trying to think if we've ever won at Turner's Cross in the league before. I can't remember it if we did. We had a cup win or two alright over the years.

Maybe, you'll give Cousins a break now?

Longfordian
16/10/2015, 9:49 PM
I was never on his back too much but he deserved a lot of the criticism that came his way. Some of it was over the top no doubt but we were terrible in a lot of games and he wasn't helping things by not playing our best striker, who scored one, made one and was apparently excellent tonight.

The oracle that is Martinho II tells me it was our second league win there, the first being January 2003.

He was wrong for once it's our first ever league win there.

jinxy lilywhite
16/10/2015, 9:54 PM
Poor performance from the town but Tbh I half expected it. A lot of changes but that's no excuse. I wouldn't expect the same for next weeks warm up for the cup final. Fair play to Galway. They played well but we just lacked a cutting edge.

Think drogs are in serious trouble now. All the others are picking up a point here and there. Can't see were they will get another.

NeverFeltBetter
16/10/2015, 10:32 PM
As long as Limerick avoid bottom, I don't care who we hop over, I'll gladly take the play-off. All I care abut is that one of the relegation rivals dropped points tonight. Loads of motivation to go out and get three points tomorrow now.

oriel
16/10/2015, 10:48 PM
Playing them tonight was enough, we don't want them again in two weeks! We have St Pats at home on the last night

That could be a big point for Galway tonight, they worked very hard, well organised, noticed they didn't give the ball away much either. Nice touch at the start lining out to clap the champions on to the pitch.

White Horse
16/10/2015, 10:53 PM
That could be a big point for Galway tonight, they worked very hard, well organised, noticed they didn't give the ball away much either. Nice touch at the start lining out to clap the champions on to the pitch.

Yes, Galway showed Dundalk a lot of respect before the game. Classy from Tommy Dunne and his side. However, once the game started they put that to one side and tore into Dundalk.

I saw none of their sloppiness and naiveté from earlier in the season. We probably deserved to win give that we struck the woodwork twice but the draw didn't flatter Galway.

D24Saint
16/10/2015, 11:40 PM
Crap game imo but we got the win , season over lets move on :eek:

WoodquayBoy
17/10/2015, 8:29 AM
Massive point for us - and then Longford go an beat Cork. If Sligo beat Bohs, Limerick beat Derry and Rovers beat Bray tonight, it'll be some crack at the bottom of the table in the last 2 games!

KeepersBall
17/10/2015, 1:12 PM
I interviewed the Drogs chairman prior to the season and he told me directly, 'The club can't survive if we go into the first division'. Sadly I suspect we are going to find out if he was right or wrong.

outspoken
17/10/2015, 1:34 PM
Maybe, you'll give Cousins a break now?

He got things almost spot on last night (bar the keeper), fair play to him it only took 31 games for him to do what everyone has been saying all season long. He also managed to drag himself over and applaud the excellent fans at the end who he had a pop at in a radio interview not so long ago. He doesn't help himslef.

Ezeikial
17/10/2015, 2:53 PM
He got things almost spot on last night (bar the keeper), fair play to him it only took 31 games for him to do what everyone has been saying all season long. He also managed to drag himself over and applaud the excellent fans at the end who he had a pop at in a radio interview not so long ago. He doesn't help himslef.

He had a pop at fans in a radio interview? Can you imagine what the craic would be if he was aware of the constant flak he has been taking here from Longford posters?

Longfordian
17/10/2015, 5:29 PM
Rovers 2 up on Bray. Drennan and Blanchard. Bray could be dragged back into trouble if they lose this and Galway beat them next week.

NeverFeltBetter
17/10/2015, 5:50 PM
Nervy game in MF so far, but Limerick with a few good chances just now.

NeverFeltBetter
17/10/2015, 6:19 PM
HT 0-0. Limerick radio lads sound like they want to throttle Seanie Russell, whose in for Shane Tracey for some reason.

gufc2000
17/10/2015, 6:22 PM
HT 0-0. Limerick radio lads sound like they want to throttle Seanie Russell, whose in for Shane Tracey for some reason.
He played last week against us so I assume they've gone with the same lineup.

Hugh Douglas has pulled a goal back for Bray