PDA

View Full Version : 2005?

Flea
18/12/2004, 3:55 PM
Does anyone know of any good bands to watch out for in 2005? (bands means non-pop or boybands ;) )

CollegeTillIDie
18/12/2004, 4:23 PM
Does anyone know of any good bands to watch out for in 2005? (bands means non-pop or boybands ;) )
Depends what kind of music you are into . One man's meat is another man's poison when it comes to bands.

Flea
18/12/2004, 7:08 PM
Yeah well whatever ya like yourself, if ya think they r gonna be big just name it. I rather like the Killers who I think will be big, they are off the lifestyle ad.

gustavo
18/12/2004, 7:45 PM
well flea it depends on what you classify "big" to be cos i would have said that the killers were already big . i would predict big things for the bravery and the others in 2005.

exiled_gufc_fan
18/12/2004, 7:48 PM
'Kings of Convenience'.

Martha Wainwright.

'Secret Machines'.

sligoman
18/12/2004, 8:00 PM
Does anyone know of any good bands to watch out for in 2005?

He's not a band but he is going to be big,he is Sligo's own,Tabby (Trevor) Callaghan :D

M@ttitude
18/12/2004, 9:21 PM
Tabby? What a sell out, best mates with that ponse Louis Walsh! Big names for 2005... Heres my predictions..

Singer songwriters: Declan O'Rourke/ Mark Geary/ Bill Coleman

Bands:Kasabian/ Future Kings Of Spain/ The Prodigy(again)/ Melaton(maybe)

Boybands: The girly boys (joke)

Theres alot of stuff about but I reckon the big names of 2005 are going to be the same as '04 with Coldplays new album, Damian rices new album even oasis are releasing another one.. U2 will continue to release singles off vertigo until next Autumn..

Flea
19/12/2004, 2:26 PM
Kasabian- yeah they are really cool and razorlight I really like as well. Is there a band called Rooney or something cos they sound good

sligoman
19/12/2004, 2:48 PM
Tabby? What a sell out, best mates with that ponse Louis Walsh!

Just cos he is'nt from Dublin you think he is s****.Well guess what you dont have to be from that crudhole to be big

CollegeTillIDie
19/12/2004, 2:51 PM
Just cos he is'nt from Dublin you think he is s****.Well guess what you dont have to be from that crudhole to be big

Doesn't matter where he's from he is still sh1t! :p

gustavo
19/12/2004, 4:38 PM
i disagree! tabby is quality born entertainer always been great whether doing open mic in mcgarrigles or singing to 10 million people

Thomo
19/12/2004, 5:55 PM
bloc party are gonna be huge

Adrianovic
19/12/2004, 8:27 PM
bloc party are gonna be huge

Agreed, they are very good. Silent Alarm out on January 31.

Also watch out for the Kaiser Chiefs and the Secret Machines.

And of course, the big Supergrass return album. :D

Ade

M@ttitude
21/12/2004, 8:34 PM
Never said you have to be from Dublin, Hasn't got anything to do with where your from, but why does he have to be such a lick ass? Rock'n'Roll is supposed to be about rebelling against commercial crap like popstars, x factor and stuff, I bet he'll be old news by next year when they find some pretty boy who can play guitar, He should have worked hard with his band and earn respect off real music fans.. They were doing well, even got a slot on the late late show without Louis walsh or Sharon Osbourne.. He's a gick ball!

sligoman
11/01/2005, 12:25 AM
He should have worked hard with his band and earn respect off real music fans.. They were doing well, even got a slot on the late late show without Louis walsh or Sharon Osbourne..

Yes, they were doing well but mostly in Sligo.They were going nowhere in the rest of the country.They needed a break and never got it until the X-Factor came along and they auditioned but were told that they, as a band were no good but Tabby had potential, so he auditioned on his own and got through. I admit that was'nt the real Tabby on the x-factor and he was only told to go and play like that, and after he was voted off he said that people were going to see the real Tabby(the person who jumped about the place and danced on the tables while singing) not the t.v. one.So I hope that helps in what you said about him staying with his band. ;)

Plastic Paddy
11/01/2005, 7:21 AM
well flea it depends on what you classify "big" to be cos i would have said that the killers were already big . i would predict big things for the bravery and the others in 2005.

I've just got round to reading this. I agree with you Gustavo about The Bravery. They're being talked up over here on Xfm as the big thing for 2005, and I must say that they sound good for it.

:D PP

Macy
11/01/2005, 8:12 AM
after he was voted off he said that people were going to see the real Tabby(the person who jumped about the place and danced on the tables while singing) not the t.v. one.
So as he was so successful being the real Tabby, we can expect never to hear from him again?

fosterdollar
11/01/2005, 8:21 AM

Republic of Loose. Great live an' all.

Kowalski
11/01/2005, 12:45 PM
Mainline are a cool new band from Dublin,
They are releasing their 1st single at the end of the month.
They been supporting loads of cool people over here in the last while like Ian Brown, Death In Vegas & Primal Scream.
Seen them live once, awesome, dont quite know how to descibe their sound, its heavy rock but not metal.

thecorner
12/01/2005, 12:02 AM
big choon of the year could be deep dish version of riders on the storm ;)

finlma
12/01/2005, 1:14 AM
big choon of the year could be deep dish version of riders on the storm ;)

But much better is the Snoop Dog version of Riders on the Storm.

CollegeTillIDie
12/01/2005, 7:26 PM
But much better is the Snoop Dog version of Riders on the Storm.

No the only version of the song is the 1971 original version featuring Messrs,
Morrison, Manzarek, Krieger, Densmore and guest artist Marc Benno. Classic!

finlma
12/01/2005, 8:30 PM

I agree it is the only real version of the song but Snoop hasn't done a bad job.

thecorner
13/01/2005, 12:04 AM

HARD TO DISAGREE

razor
13/01/2005, 1:28 PM
Bloc Party for me, waiting eagerly for the album.

gustavo
13/01/2005, 1:32 PM
yeah nme seem to be wetting themselves over them at the moment
what kinda stuff do they do ?

razor
13/01/2005, 2:31 PM
yeah nme seem to be wetting themselves over them at the moment
what kinda stuff do they do ?
If you go to their record company website they have a few songs/vids.

http://www.wichita-recordings.co.uk

Neish
27/01/2005, 5:52 PM
The Bravery are ment to be one of 2005 big bands, being compared to The Smiths