PDA

View Full Version : FAI Cup Final. Cork City V Dundalk 8/11/15

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7

strikeforce
11/10/2015, 7:38 PM
Well lads tickets out tomorrow. I think City will bring 12,000 to this. What about Dundalk. Should be a good game. On league form Dundalk will start as massive favourites for this one, but on a good day City are a match for anyone.

White Horse
12/10/2015, 8:27 AM
I'm hopeful we can reach 10,000 fans. That would be 30% of the town.

Cup finals are very hard to predict. This will be a new experience for a lot of the players.

jinxy lilywhite
12/10/2015, 11:24 AM
I'm hopeful we can reach 10,000 fans. That would be 30% of the town.

Cup finals are very hard to predict. This will be a new experience for a lot of the players.

Is Dundalks population not 38k. Sorry just nit picking I know.

10k would be a great initial start. The optimist in me says we can get many more due to the feel good factor that this team creates and a cup final is a showcase and the fact it is in the Aviva I think will draw many. First final in 13 years and first in landsdowne since 93

In saying that I know of a lot of folk who wouldn't darken Oriel's door but want to go to this. Also the misses is going, wanted to take my 2 year old but don't think she will settle for it.

You would expect a great crowd from the PROC also. It has the making of being a cracker.

also heard that Cork have been given the larger side of the ground

Ezeikial
12/10/2015, 11:37 AM

Disgraceful

jinxy lilywhite
12/10/2015, 12:05 PM
Disgraceful

lets hope it s the only thng they win

nigel-harps1954
12/10/2015, 2:32 PM

Cork City supporters should purchase tickets in the South Stand or BLK107-110 in the East Stand.
Dundalk Supporters should purchase tickets in the North Stand and BLK101 - BLK103 in the East Stand.

Both sets of supporters in the East Stand initially. I'd imagine Dundalk will stretch around the North Stand and Cork around to the South Stand. Strange though seeing as previous finals had one set of supporters in the North Stand and one in the South Stand.

Maybe though, this is just for general sale purposes on ticketmaster.

http://media.ticketmaster.co.uk/tm/en-gb/tmimages/venue/maps/uk2/13151s.gif

Anyone know when general sale tickets are available? Nothing online yet.

White Horse
12/10/2015, 2:54 PM
I'm not buying tickets to sit in a corner or behind a goal.

nigel-harps1954
12/10/2015, 2:57 PM
I'm not buying tickets to sit in a corner or behind a goal.

So, buy in Block 103? Still a designated area for Dundalk fans.

El-Pietro
12/10/2015, 3:27 PM
Our tickets went on sale in Cork today, South Stand. I've got mine already for block 115.

Tickets sold through the clubs rather than Ticketmaster could potentially lead to some profit for the clubs depending on totals sold.

patrickccfc
12/10/2015, 3:41 PM
The mother was good enough to get mine for me as I was in work. Block 115 also, can't wait

strikeforce
12/10/2015, 6:27 PM
Big crowds out in the club shop today... Any truth the FAI never sent down kids tickets.

Singing sections 114 and 115. Should be a belter of an atmosphere up there by both sets of fans.

patrickccfc
12/10/2015, 6:48 PM
Big crowds out in the club shop today... Any truth the FAI never sent down kids tickets.

Singing sections 114 and 115. Should be a belter of an atmosphere up there by both sets of fans.

Just found out my ticket has Block 114 on it, not 115 I'd previously thought. As per your post strikeforce, its still the singing section so that's grand.

eelmonster
12/10/2015, 7:19 PM
The mother was good enough to get mine for me as I was in work. Block 115 also, can't wait

Were there premium tickets on sale down in Cork today? Need to know if there'll be access to prawn sandwiches.

dundalkfc10
12/10/2015, 10:36 PM
Does it really matter what section your ticket is in?
I know all the Shed Boys will be in the 1 area no matter what...I'd say the singing section will be completey packed out (overfull)

I'm sure Corks will be the same

Nesta99
12/10/2015, 10:55 PM
Does it really matter what section your ticket is in?
I know all the Shed Boys will be in the 1 area no matter what...I'd say the singing section will be completey packed out (overfull)

I'm sure Corks will be the same

Why do the singing sections need to be on top of eachother or 'overfull'. Would look far better if they stood at their seats so the sections look full as sold out.

jinxy lilywhite
12/10/2015, 11:36 PM
It's just a force of habit. When people stand in an all seater area venue it appears to be sparsely populated. About 1.5 person to 1 seat.

Nesta99
13/10/2015, 10:33 AM
Hiding flares, drink, roll up cigarettes they all seem to smoke, warmth, a safety in numbers type thing maybe? It all looks a little to 'cosy' to me at the back of the shed in Oriel or huddled together at away games.

BWFC
13/10/2015, 10:33 AM
I'm a season ticket holder in 116, I'll be a neutral for the final so anyone know where my ticket will be moved?

dundalkfc10
13/10/2015, 11:08 AM
Hiding flares, drink, roll up cigarettes they all seem to smoke, warmth, a safety in numbers type thing maybe? It all looks a little to 'cosy' to me at the back of the shed in Oriel or huddled together at away games.

Dont see an issue with anyone drinking at a game (Athlone stewards last year even gave some of them plastic glasses) and Bray away this year, took glass bottles off them but allowed them to drink cans.

The flares thing has been good this year (only last 2 games we have seen them) I already said here a few weeks ago this would happen! and to be fair its not very hard to hide a flare getting into a ground.

I stand at the back of the Shed and at the back at away games, as its a far better view! Dont get what you mean about "cosy" back there.

Nesta99
13/10/2015, 11:22 AM
Against ground regulations?!

Dunny
13/10/2015, 11:26 AM
Lawds !! STOP

dundalkfc10
13/10/2015, 11:46 AM
Against ground regulations?!

So is cursing....You would have nobody left in the ground if all regulations were adhered too

Nesta99
13/10/2015, 1:16 PM
And grounds would be packed if we ignored them of course...

dundalkfc10
13/10/2015, 2:03 PM
And grounds would be packed if we ignored them of course...

I expect to see hundreds getting kicked out of Oriel Friday, as you will be pointing out every ground regualtion broke by anyone to the stewards.

This will include letting kids run around on their own I assume, as thats not allowed either

I can guarantee you if the stewards start taking cans off the lads in the Shed, You will reduce the attendence of the Shed by at least 10%! The money men in Oriel know this and thats why they dont do anything/care

colonelwest
13/10/2015, 3:00 PM
I'm a season ticket holder in 116, I'll be a neutral for the final so anyone know where my ticket will be moved?

We've had ours in 107 since Landsdowne got done up, for the cup final expect the usual FAI clusterf*ck of complete disorganisation. ST holders get bumped up to premium level for the cup final but you have to collect the premium tickets at the ground before the game, usually one poor fecker at a hole the wall/ hatch listening to ST holders give out that the FAI can't organise a **** up in a brewery and they'd be right. Your ST won't scan for the game. On the bright side it got that ridiculous last year trying to get the premium tickets that some FAI suit just walked out and started handing as many out to anyone and everyone as they asked for just to get us all to feck off away from them. Ended up with 12 premium tickets for our 7 ST's so sorted a few other lads out with the extra.

Also still no drink on the terrace in effect as is always the case and pints only available in the premium/ corpo level.

dundalkfc10
13/10/2015, 3:26 PM
We've had ours in 107 since Landsdowne got done up, for the cup final expect the usual FAI clusterf*ck of complete disorganisation. ST holders get bumped up to premium level for the cup final but you have to collect the premium tickets at the ground before the game, usually one poor fecker at a hole the wall/ hatch listening to ST holders give out that the FAI can't organise a **** up in a brewery and they'd be right. Your ST won't scan for the game. On the bright side it got that ridiculous last year trying to get the premium tickets that some FAI suit just walked out and started handing as many out to anyone and everyone as they asked for just to get us all to feck off away from them. Ended up with 12 premium tickets for our 7 ST's so sorted a few other lads out with the extra.

Also still no drink on the terrace in effect as is always the case and pints only available in the premium/ corpo level.

Really :(
Cans it is :p

Nesta99
13/10/2015, 3:29 PM
Give over will ye! I mentioned concealment of drink, flares, drugs (and sarcastically warmth) as examples of why a phalanx of supporters can occur. It is particularly noticible in seated areas that are sold out but have obvious empty seats. Are you saying that items that there's an attempt to confiscate dont get passed around to foil stewards or Gardai, or that pitch invaders/missile throwers etc havent been hidden?? You would have a birds eye view! Drink isnt a problem either though the world over contentious fixtures are played early afternoon as drink filled folk behave impeccably at all times. You prattle on about cursing, children playing and endorse ignoring ground regulations as some of them are impractical...yup a well considered opinion typical of that given by the likes of those who approached Cork City fans last season golf balls in pocket forgotten after a morning round of small ball.

As for people being kicked out or Oriel...you really are having a laugh - you could point out a multiple child killer in Oriel Park or an attempted arsonist and the stewards would shrug and ignore it, possibly out of fear. Anyway no more from me on this.

strikeforce
13/10/2015, 6:02 PM
We dont allow drinking in the ground down in the cross, and I've often seen lads being tossed out when caught. To say that if stewards tried to throw out people caught with cans that there would be a 10% decrease in fans populating the shed....... lunatics ruling the asylum springs to mind.

Still no kids tickets down Leeside... Disgraceful action by the FAI again.:question::question::question:

colonelwest
13/10/2015, 7:01 PM

Really :(
Cans it is :p

To be fair though, at the game on Thursday there one of the lads was straight from work and brought a full bottle of whiskey in with him in his bag that we were skulling throughout the game!
:D

Nah Nah Nah Nah
14/10/2015, 8:03 AM

Don't know what messin you were up too but last year the FAI out a code and you were able to go onto ticketmaster.ie and get a premium ticket in place of your season ticket and then you could just print that ticket at home.

colonelwest
14/10/2015, 10:36 AM
Don't know what messin you were up too but last year the FAI out a code and you were able to go onto ticketmaster.ie and get a premium ticket in place of your season ticket and then you could just print that ticket at home.

That's only if you go through ticketmaster for your ST or the Fan Portal.

holidaysong
14/10/2015, 6:13 PM
Do the premium level tickets go on general sale? Only see the €10 ones on Ticketmaster...

brendy_éire
15/10/2015, 7:39 AM
FYI, you can swap your ST upgraded ticket for 'normal' ticket. I did it directly with Derry City, but others swapped them with the FAI on the day.

Mr A
15/10/2015, 10:14 AM
It's still a disgrace.

MeathDrog
16/10/2015, 1:11 PM
Any idea what kickoff time is?

El-Pietro
16/10/2015, 1:49 PM
3.30 - not enough text apparently, lets try submitting it now.

Dodge
16/10/2015, 2:04 PM

That's not the case. Drink is sold throughout the stadium up until 15 minutes before kick off (and during half time)

You can't bring it to your seats, but its still there if you want it

strikeforce
16/10/2015, 10:47 PM
I'd say Dundalk could win this handy enough if I'm honest. Our preparation is shocking, we are playing ****e football at the moment. I have never seen a City team get boo'd off the pitch by so many fans as tonight. We were woeful.

jinxy lilywhite
16/10/2015, 10:57 PM
I'd say Dundalk could win this handy enough if I'm honest. Our preparation is shocking, we are playing ****e football at the moment. I have never seen a City team get boo'd off the pitch by so many fans as tonight. We were woeful.

Next week will tell it's own story

Yossarian
17/10/2015, 8:50 AM
Next week will tell it's own story

Next week won't tell anything really. You'll have two teams with nothing riding on the game and players looking to avoid injuries and suspensions. I imagine there won't be a great crowd either, though I know of a few including ourselves who had rooms booked for a while so will make the trip anyway.

mcgonigle
17/10/2015, 9:20 AM
Agreed next week won't tell much, both teams would probably take a draw now. Anything can happen in a cup final so I wouldn't worry if I was a Cork fan. Only North stand tickets left up in Dundalk

shep
17/10/2015, 9:40 AM
It's been asked 3 times ,but still wondering....what is the story with Premium tickets,asked in the club office and they said they knew nothing about them,don't remember the big deal any other year.

White Horse
20/10/2015, 8:30 AM
The club chairman is quoted in the Democrat this week. 4,500 tickets were sold in the first three days they were on sale last week.

Not a bad start considering that most of the fans I know are waiting for better placed seats to go on sale.

Dodge
20/10/2015, 10:07 AM
Not a bad start considering that most of the fans I know are waiting for better placed seats to go on sale.
They might be left waiting...

Great sales all the same

jinxy lilywhite
20/10/2015, 11:31 AM
just in there picking up my ticket. not happy where it is but my own fault for going down earlier.

the lady in the office did say that a previous customer called the FAI and they said the general release of tickets wont occur until Dundalk and cork have sold their allocation. From where my tickets are we don't have many left.

nigel-harps1954
20/10/2015, 12:29 PM
the lady in the office did say that a previous customer called the FAI and they said the general release of tickets wont occur until Dundalk and cork have sold their allocation. From where my tickets are we don't have many left.

That's a bit stupid of them. They could easily release other sections of the ground for general sale. The final is two and a half weeks away and there's no tickets on general sale. You'd swear they don't want a big crowd at it.

Mr A
20/10/2015, 12:51 PM
I blame Shamrock Rovers.

mcgonigle
20/10/2015, 1:14 PM
That's a bit stupid of them. They could easily release other sections of the ground for general sale. The final is two and a half weeks away and there's no tickets on general sale. You'd swear they don't want a big crowd at it.

Since Ireland got into the Euro 2016 playoff and the fixture has been announced I would bet that the FAI cup final is just a pain for the FAI. They will make no attempt to market it

White Horse
20/10/2015, 1:39 PM
Since Ireland got into the Euro 2016 playoff and the fixture has been announced I would bet that the FAI cup final is just a pain for the FAI. They will make no attempt to market it

They realise that Dundalk and Cork will get enough bums on seats so that it doesn't look embarrassing.

As they don't give a damn about growing the league, they'll leave it at that.

Not that the disinterest of the FAI is mentioned in their Conroy report.

Dodge
20/10/2015, 2:45 PM
IT was the same last year. General tickets went on sale a week before the final. Not to burst the big clubs' bubble or anything