PDA

View Full Version : Ferguson Reacts To Wenger Fine

Karlos
17/12/2004, 2:42 PM
Ferguson Reacts To Wenger Fine
Manchester United boss Sir Alex Ferguson gave his reaction to Arsene Wenger's £15,000 fine for his remarks about Ruud van Nistelrooy following United's clash with the Gunners back in October. "It's not really our department," said the Reds boss, "and nobody likes to see managers fined because it's a difficult job. "The fact that he asked for a personal hearing and then never turned up is amazing. I'm sure the FA were tickled pink by it."
Source: ManUtd.com News

"It's not really our department," - but sure I'll try and get a little dig in anyway as everyone will see it as another one of my marvellous mind games that winds up Arsenal so much.........yawn.............zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz..... ...yawn

TheJamaicanP.M.
17/12/2004, 3:09 PM
Karl, I think you're looking at this situation through red-tinted glasses. Im not a fan of Fergie or United but he could have said a lot worse. Arsene Wenger and his little whinger, Ashley Cole play as many mind games.

Here's a mind game for one of your players Karlos...how about we all boo and give lots of stick to Robert Pires when he comes to play Ireland in Lansdowne in September. I really enjoyed booing him in Paris. He's a cheat.

Karlos
17/12/2004, 3:23 PM
Yep, good stuff!! Was wondering who would bite on the Fergie topic first! :)

I'm all for boo-ing professional footballers when it comes to their actions on the pitch (and only their actions on a pitch). I even boo-ed Pires in France myself so will gladly join you should he try to influence the game! Saying that it is the same reason why I will always boo Ruud, Rooney (celebrating cheat himself), Neville, Ronaldo et all because although you'd never think it to read the papers they are also in the exact same league as Robert Pires when it comes to being CHEATS - not to mention Mattie Holland's blatant penalty dive against Arsenal, 2 weeks after the famous Pires Portsmouth incident and which quietly passed without a whisper and which in fairness if you'd seen it you would have to label him a cheat too as a result. Sure no good having a pop at some one everyone likes, where's the fun in that! ;)

I'm all for the name and shame CHEAT campaign as long as it's inclusive!! £15,000 well spend Arsene just to get down on the record!! :D

p.s. I just thought the fergie quote was funny as he said he didn't want to talk about it but then did anyway and then his club put it up on their website to get it out there for the world to see! Maybe there going a bit mad down in Salford :D