PDA

View Full Version : UEFA License

Bald Student
17/12/2004, 1:40 PM
I had a quick look through the manual there. Has anyone else seen it? Has anyone seen anything in the premier license it that UCD won't achieve?

KR's Post
17/12/2004, 3:03 PM
I had a quick look through the manual there. Has anyone else seen it? Has anyone seen anything in the premier license it that UCD won't achieve?
A good side!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;) ;)
Surely the clubs in the first division and bray, college and harps won't get an A licence.....

Bald Student
17/12/2004, 3:11 PM
Surely the clubs in the first division and bray, college and harps won't get an A licence.....

That's what I would have thought, but can you point to a specific criterion in the document which UCD (or Bray for that matter) won't fulfill?

Schumi
17/12/2004, 3:19 PM
A good side!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;) ;)
That's you ****ed as well so. ;)

I don't get the B criteria:
Must be fulfilled as indicated. However the manual offers possible alternatives to fulfil the criteria. Non-fulfilment of the criteria will result in the Licence Applicant being refused a licence and the club may not be granted admission to the FAI National League Premier Division or UEFA Club Competitions. What are the "possible alternatives to fulfil the criteria"?

pineapple stu
17/12/2004, 3:24 PM
Downloaded that to have a look...was six pages for a while, but then suddenly rocketed to 116 pages! :eek:

I like the way lightening conductors are a C requirement now - sure it may kill a few players, but don't put yerselves out like! :D :rolleyes:

What are the "possible alternatives to fulfil the criteria"?

From the quote, it seems the manual offers some specific cases where alternatives are acceptable...failing that, a few notes under the table or a glance from Ollie should do!

A good side!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Youz bet us how many times last season? ;)

You'd have thought none of us would get the A licence, but they've changed the requirements now... Looks like well get a B licence, which will allow us play Premier games but now European games. Which is grand for now!

Schumi
17/12/2004, 3:29 PM
Did anyone notice that the playing surface has to be "green in colour"?! Would that rule Kildare out? :D

Bald Student
17/12/2004, 4:44 PM
I don't get the B criteria: What are the "possible alternatives to fulfil the criteria"?

It states after each 'B' criterion:

'If the criterion is not fulfilled, the Licensor may sanction the club with:
(a) an obligation on the club to fulfil criterion within a reasonable timeframe; and/or
(b) a caution; and/or
(c) a fine; and/or
(d) exclusion from FAI National League Premier Division'

Last year cautions were given out. It seems to be designed to be fudged.

Schumi
17/12/2004, 5:03 PM
It states after each 'B' criterion:

'If the criterion is not fulfilled, the Licensor may sanction the club with:
(a) an obligation on the club to fulfil criterion within a reasonable timeframe; and/or
(b) a caution; and/or
(c) a fine; and/or
(d) exclusion from FAI National League Premier Division'

Last year cautions were given out. It seems to be designed to be fudged.
It says that after C criteria not B criteria.

pineapple stu
18/12/2004, 12:26 AM
Did anyone notice that the playing surface has to be "green in colour"?! Would that rule Kildare out? :D

Let's paint the pitch blue for the craic! :D

The pitch must be "absolutely smooth and level"...let's see...that rules out Monaghan, Cobh, us (bit of a cross-dip in the pitch!)...

There has to be (well, a D requirement) 2½ yards between the touchline and the fence - we'd fail that, but then most clubs would, I'd say.