PDA

View Full Version : Fixtures 9th-10th October

Pages : [1] 2

patrickccfc
09/10/2015, 7:06 PM
When we went a goal down to Drogheda the the commentary on rte saying cork really need to win to keep the pressure on.. are they serious? The league is well over lads. Were back level now anyway. Come on dundalk

gael353
09/10/2015, 7:31 PM
Dave mckeown in galway. Can we survive

Hitman
09/10/2015, 7:33 PM
When we went a goal down to Drogheda the the commentary on rte saying cork really need to win to keep the pressure on.. are they serious? The league is well over lads. Were back level now anyway. Come on dundalk

By the standards of the Cork games Ger Canning would have commentated over the summer, 13 points is a relatively narrow deficit I'm afraid.

kksaints
09/10/2015, 7:50 PM
Stay classy Rovers fans.

patrickccfc
09/10/2015, 7:53 PM
Ah for fudge sake. I'd rather be further ahead of rovers than 10 points behind dundalk(should we win)

thomas72
09/10/2015, 8:27 PM
1-3 Limerick

Dalymountrower
09/10/2015, 11:34 PM
Awful stuff from Pats tonight. Looks like most of them weren't arsed.

White Horse
09/10/2015, 11:38 PM
1-3 Limerick

Limerick are not going down. No way.

WoodquayBoy
10/10/2015, 12:15 AM
We were absolutely brutal tonight, Limerick could have had 2 or 3 more, Faherty missed a couple of absolute sitters. A hat-tip to their fans as well, absolutely brilliant - as long as it's not at our expense, I really hope they stay up

Quayman
10/10/2015, 12:44 AM
i love the way the rte cameras didn't show the 100 rovers brained ad idiots who ran onto the pitch and encroached half way across the pitch to antagonise the dundalk fans. half of which where we'll over 30 years of age. They also didn't show the "f rte" banner which was ripped down by their idiot security team. anyways we are champions and those 100 brain dead idiots have a serious amount of egg on their faces!!!!!haha

White Horse
10/10/2015, 12:57 AM
i love the way the rte cameras didn't show the 100 rovers brained ad idiots who ran onto the pitch and encroached half way across the pitch to antagonise the dundalk fans. half of which where we'll over 30 years of age.

It was cringe-worthy. They should show more self respect.

Yossarian
10/10/2015, 12:58 AM
i love the way the rte cameras didn't show the 100 rovers brained ad idiots who ran onto the pitch and encroached half way across the pitch to antagonise the dundalk fans. half of which where we'll over 30 years of age. They also didn't show the "f rte" banner which was ripped down by their idiot security team. anyways we are champions and those 100 brain dead idiots have a serious amount of egg on their faces!!!!!haha

A bit of drink talking there. Though I have to say it's great that the rovers fans cemented their clubs reputation as minnows. I've never seen a club who had nothing to play for celebrate a goal like rovers did tonight. It's great to see.

Charlie Darwin
10/10/2015, 3:45 AM
i love the way the rte cameras didn't show the 100 rovers brained ad idiots who ran onto the pitch and encroached half way across the pitch to antagonise the dundalk fans.
Isn't it general policy not to show pitch invaders on TV? Idiots either way. We have nothing to celebrate finishing so far behind the league leaders.

Well done Dundalk. I thought we were the better team tonight and should have won, but we still lack cutting edge in the final third and got punished for it. Congratulations lads, try not to ruin the trophy for when we win it back :)

Charlie Darwin
10/10/2015, 3:46 AM
A bit of drink talking there. Though I have to say it's great that the rovers fans cemented their clubs reputation as minnows. I've never seen a club who had nothing to play for celebrate a goal like rovers did tonight. It's great to see.
Says the club who will be celebrating a draw for the next two weeks!

strikeforce
10/10/2015, 7:20 AM
Bit like the pot calling the kettle black eh. you lot have short memories.... not to classy yourselves. Anyway congrats on winning the league.

micls
10/10/2015, 7:26 AM
Bit like the pot calling the kettle black eh. you lot have short memories.... not to classy yourselves. Anyway congrats on winning the league.

Slightly different. Thos Dundalk fans last year were an absolute disgrace, but they did have something legitimate to celebrate (even if they chose the most braindead way to do it). What were the Rovers fans celebrating?

Ezeikial
10/10/2015, 9:06 AM

Slightly different. Thos Dundalk fans last year were an absolute disgrace, but they did have something legitimate to celebrate (even if they chose the most braindead way to do it). What were the Rovers fans celebrating?

Cork fans leaving themselves open to suggestions of sour grapes?

Some supporters behaving badly after beating Cork a year ago does not disqualify Quayman (or anyone else) from commenting on the pitch invaders last night.

It is a reflection on how low the expectations and standards have fallen at Rovers that an opening goal would merit such a reaction from fans - I'm sure many Rovers fans were thoroughly embarrassed by it

strikeforce
10/10/2015, 9:07 AM
They were delighted to have handed City a little bit of hope.:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

strikeforce
10/10/2015, 9:10 AM

Some supporters behaving badly after beating Cork a year ago does not disqualify Quayman (or anyone else) from commenting on the pitch invaders last night.

It is a reflection on how low the expectations and standards have fallen at Rovers that an opening goal would merit such a reaction from fans - I'm sure many Rovers fans were thoroughly embarrassed by it
Did I not offer my congrats on winning the league..... No sour grapes here. Best team won. At the end of the day whats good for one set of fans should be be the same for any other.

Dunny
10/10/2015, 9:13 AM
The article is on online somewhere and i'll pull it up if i find it."A young man... aged 18 was in front of the court in Dundalk today... today on a charge of being drunk in a public place at the Dundalk FC v Cork City match in Oriel Park in October" ....the young man apoligised for his actions and... - The matter was dismissed under the probation act -
my own words used here ^- but as much what i read.I'd be pretty sure he is now barred from Oriel.

Dunny
10/10/2015, 9:17 AM
Hope that sates the taste for Dundalk blood! ;)

White Horse
10/10/2015, 10:07 AM

The vast, vast majority of Cork fans have been very gracious. They know what it takes to win a league, and back to back titles are a different beast altogether.

The reaction of some of our fans in going over to goad the away fans last year left a bitter taste in my mouth too.

Charlie Darwin
10/10/2015, 10:30 AM
The goal. There's a small minority of our fans who seem to think we have a rivalry with Dundalk, or else want to create one.

jinxy lilywhite
10/10/2015, 10:49 AM
There always was a rivalry between dundalk and rovers CD, well from a dundalk point of view. Some of our younger heads may think drogheda but for me the axis of evil always has been in this order

1. Shamrock Rovers
2. Bohemians
3 Drogheda

On the game itself. I thought we were poor. Very nervous and not doing the simple stuff and trying the pass that wasn't on. The penalty awarded to us was very soft but how stupid must Cregg be to put your hands on the back of a player in the penalty box.

Back to back champions for the first time in our history. some achievement and a huge thanks to the players and staff at dfc who made it possible.

My one gripe though is that we booked Hooperman for a party in oriel and he never showed. The ad said any party or occasion and location wasn't a issue.

nigel-harps1954
10/10/2015, 12:13 PM
Harps goal against Athlone last night. Typical end of season game in Lissywollen. Nothing in the way of atmopshere really, Athlone were pretty lethargic and understandably just getting through the last few games now. Harps had two players making their full debut, and two players came on in the second half for their debuts also.

Harps were much the better side and played some half decent football at times, but overall it was a fairly poor game really with neither side really forcing much in the way of saves from either goalkeeper.

L.T.F.C.
10/10/2015, 8:29 PM
Jesus

White Horse
10/10/2015, 8:31 PM
Huge equaliser for Sligo at Longford tonight.

Longfordian
10/10/2015, 9:14 PM
Skinner literally threw away two points there ffs. Would have all but kept us up but we're still bang in trouble.

Jofspring
10/10/2015, 10:11 PM
Drogheda, Sligo, Galway and Longford all within touching distance .

I know we are running out of games but when you consider most in July would have thought they were safe it's some turn around by us. Continue to play like we are and we will be safe. Take the foot off the gas at all and we are in trouble.

Martinho II
10/10/2015, 10:16 PM
Drogheda, Sligo, Galway and Longford all within touching distance .

I know we are running out of games but when you consider most in July would have thought they were safe it's some turn around by us. Continue to play like we are and we will be safe. Take the foot off the gas at all and we are in trouble.

based on what I saw tonight ye will beat Sligo last day of season. Sligo have gone backwards over the last few weeks. We are still in trouble though. Yet again we cant hold a lead or win a bloody match when the opposition are down to ten men!

micls
11/10/2015, 1:11 AM

I know, my post was saying the 2 were not comparable. The rovers one was very weird.

Sour grapes? maybe last year that would have been possible/likely given how the loss happened, but this year we've known for a long time it was Dundalk's title. Not much to be sour about. I'm reasonably happy with how we've done, Dundalk are a significantly stronger side and I'm hopeful that in a Cup Final we can beat the odds and beat them regardless.

The article is on online somewhere and i'll pull it up if i find it."A young man... aged 18 was in front of the court in Dundalk today... today on a charge of being drunk in a public place at the Dundalk FC v Cork City match in Oriel Park in October" ....the young man apoligised for his actions and... - The matter was dismissed under the probation act -
my own words used here ^- but as much what i read.I'd be pretty sure he is now barred from Oriel.

Good to hear something was done. It was more than 1 guy though!
Anyway, it doesn't sound like any Dundalk fans were doing the same at Tallaght this year.

Nah Nah Nah Nah
11/10/2015, 8:55 AM
based on what I saw tonight ye will beat Sligo last day of season. Sligo have gone backwards over the last few weeks. We are still in trouble though. Yet again we cant hold a lead or win a bloody match when the opposition are down to ten men!

Everyone from Bray down is in trouble. The Drogheda / Longford, Bray / Galway and Rovers / Limerick games the real huge games of the next 3 weeks but realistically every game is massive. Hoping for 3 home wins next Friday night.

As for last night thought we were the better team even with 10 men. Says more about us then anything but Longford and Galway are very poor based on the last 2 weeks yet we only managed 1 point from them. Need to start taking our chances.

Very poor turnout from from the home supporters last night.

Longfordian
11/10/2015, 9:17 AM
Thought we were the better side in the second half but apart from that I wouldn't disagree with you.

White Horse
11/10/2015, 10:48 AM
Over half division engaged in a relegation dogfight!

The stuff of ecstasy according to Declan Conroy. Grounds in Longford, Drogheda, Sligo, Derry, and Bray must be filled to the rafters.

Nothing like a relegation battle to get out floating fans and the wider community.

Great logic, eh.

jinxy lilywhite
11/10/2015, 11:11 AM
With the relegation battle being the way it is and hypothetically speaking if the same happens next season would it not be better to increase the pd to 14 teams as obviously the standard of the league is improving . The division Afterall is only as strong as it's weekest team

geysir
11/10/2015, 11:43 AM
The goal. There's a small minority of our fans who seem to think we have a rivalry with Dundalk, or else want to create one.
I thought the ott goal celebration had something to do with hard times over the past seasons.

outspoken
11/10/2015, 12:01 PM
Thought Sligo were pure muck myself. Town dominated second half but didn't create anything as usual. Cousins has to go end of the season

Nesta99
11/10/2015, 1:10 PM
Good to hear something was done. It was more than 1 guy though!
Anyway, it doesn't sound like any Dundalk fans were doing the same at Tallaght this year.

It was more than one guy - the one that did appear in court was 'known to gardaĆ­'. The fans in Tallaght were almost exclusively season ticket holders and not there with the hope of a scrap like the dirtbags last season after the match.

Charlie Darwin
12/10/2015, 12:24 AM
I thought the ott goal celebration had something to do with hard times over the past seasons.
They must be having personal problems then because like most of our scrotes they only show up once or twice a year (if that).

Dunny
12/10/2015, 5:50 PM
Paddy's have a market on who will Finish bottom in the Prem.

Lims 1/1
Drogs 7/5
Sligo 11/2
Galway 13/2
Longford 22/1
Bray 40/1

http://www.paddypower.com/football/irish-football/airtricity-league-premier-division?ev_oc_grp_ids=420548

Longfordian
12/10/2015, 6:12 PM
22/1 on us is generous I must say. We've won one league game since July 4th. Wouldn't bet on Limerick at Evs either.

outspoken
12/10/2015, 9:14 PM
22-1 might back it so at least I have something when we go down under this clown

Battery Rover
13/10/2015, 10:32 AM
Dogs would definitely be bad for 1st division with no real away support. Anyone of Longford, Galway, Sligo or Limerick go down would be good crowd wise for teams down in the graveyard. With a bit of luck two of the 4 will go down with UCD winning play off.

Nesta99
13/10/2015, 10:45 AM
Dogs would definitely be bad for 1st division with no real away support. Anyone of Longford, Galway, Sligo or Limerick go down would be good crowd wise for teams down in the graveyard. With a bit of luck two of the 4 will go down with UCD winning play off.

Albeit a typo I hope it sticks!

I really think that relegation could finish Drogheda United off unless they actually do fittingly go amateur. Other relegation battlers would be able to weather a season in the 1st Division. But there are so many Drog fans that have given up altogether and are calling it quits and includes lifelong hardy supporter type that keep a club just about alive during the tough times. The feeling in Drogheda too is that there wouldnt be support for a third rally behind the club like in recent years. Worrying for them and potentially the 1st Division unless Drogheda Town FC steps up and move the senior side out of Marian Park to the Windmill Rd. There is a lot more good will for DTFC, already rooted in the community and not too far from United Park themselves.

NeverFeltBetter
13/10/2015, 11:12 AM
I would say even odds on Limerick going down is harsh based on recent form, but then again we have been bottom all season.

dundalkfc10
13/10/2015, 11:16 AM

Surely Drogheda bring more to away games than Longford or Galway?

Longfords crowds have been shocking this season for some reason

Dunny
13/10/2015, 11:25 AM
The D(r)ogs have a decent core and although i hate them i reckon if they go down they will be fit to stand their own corner and come back fighting again.Decent enough they are.Got a good crowd rallied during their meltdown in 2008 fair play to them.
*spit* *spit*

outspoken
13/10/2015, 4:01 PM
Surely Drogheda bring more to away games than Longford or Galway?

Longfords crowds have been shocking this season for some reason

Our home attendances have been shocking but away games in dublin, Sligo, Dundalk etc we bring respectable numbers for a club our size, when Drogs last came to town they brought about 6 fans whereas we brought around 50-100 to their place.

Martinho II
13/10/2015, 9:48 PM
reason why our home crowds are not great this season is cos of crap football produced by Boring Cousins.

outspoken
14/10/2015, 10:46 AM
reason why our home crowds are not great this season is cos of crap football produced by Boring Cousins.

Mathews hardly produced great football in his time albeit we were winning games and trophies. The main reason for poor attendances is lack of promotion from the club, a lack of unity between the community and the club, and the dislike for cousins and some of the players hardly entices you back either